Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Typical flying schedule

AlohaMurf
10-25-2017, 11:24 AM
Would someone care to share a typical daily flying schedule, say out of LAS or SFB? How many legs do you fly in a day? Average flight times per day? How many days of flying per month? I imagine this might apply more to the smaller bases, but are there certain days of the week where there arenít any flights on the schedule? Thanks.

ecam
10-25-2017, 11:27 AM
I guess nobody cares enough to do their own research anymore.

TBucs
10-25-2017, 12:05 PM
Would someone care to share a typical daily flying schedule, say out of LAS or SFB? How many legs do you fly in a day? Average flight times per day? How many days of flying per month? I imagine this might apply more to the smaller bases, but are there certain days of the week where there arenít any flights on the schedule? Thanks.

4-6 legs a day.
FAR limits
8 days off a month
Flights are 7 days a week.

Hope this helps:D

ebl14
10-25-2017, 12:21 PM

If youíre in Vegas youíll get Tue, Wed, Sat off pretty much forever. Getting a week off in LAS without vacation is basically impossible. As a consolation prize, you may get to sit next to ECAM all day long and listen to APC war stories.

LoFly
10-25-2017, 12:31 PM
Would someone care to share a typical daily flying schedule, say out of LAS or SFB? How many legs do you fly in a day? Either 2 or 4. Average flight times per day? 5-6. The more senior the more hours/day you can bid for, so you fly less days/month. Like everywhere else. How many days OFF per month? 12+,
the more senior the more days off. Like everywhere else. I imagine this might apply more to the smaller bases, but are there certain days of the week where there aren’t any flights on the schedule? See previous replies. I've also heard the Bus will be flying 7/wk Thanks.

ecam
10-25-2017, 01:53 PM
If youíre in Vegas youíll get Tue, Wed, Sat off pretty much forever. Getting a week off in LAS without vacation is basically impossible. As a consolation prize, you may get to sit next to ECAM all day long and listen to APC war stories.

Chuck Norris and I can get a week off in Vegas without using vacation. :cool::D

JustWatching
10-25-2017, 02:50 PM
If you’re in Vegas you’ll get Tue, Wed, Sat off pretty much forever. Getting a week off in LAS without vacation is basically impossible. As a consolation prize, you may get to sit next to ECAM all day long and listen to APC war stories.

Not at all true. Vegas will be 7 days a week starting June of 18.

ebl14
10-25-2017, 03:35 PM
Not at all true. Vegas will be 7 days a week starting June of 18.

Thatís great news! I hope they follow through.

kyavn
03-03-2018, 06:52 AM
The APC profile says allegiant has PBS with SAP. Could someone explain how that works for you guys? Thank you in advance for the help.

skydisaster
03-03-2018, 04:52 PM
The APC profile says allegiant has PBS with SAP. Could someone explain how that works for you guys? Thank you in advance for the help.

Allegiant has a home grown PBS system that is the worst software ever to be written. Our contract specified that a legitimate PBS be put in place. The company is fighting tooth and nail against this implementation even though they agreed to the timeline in the contract. Our current CBI violates seniority with every bid.

With that being said, we bid monthly. Initial awards are for regular line, composite line, and reserve line. On the initial award, regular line holders and reserve line holders receive their schedule. There is then a 4 day Schedule Adjustment Period, where regular line holders only can add and occasionally drop days from Open Time. After SAP, the composite schedules are built from the leftovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crxpilot
03-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Allegiant has a home grown PBS system that is the worst software ever to be written. Our contract specified that a legitimate PBS be put in place. The company is fighting tooth and nail against this implementation even though they agreed to the timeline in the contract. Our current CBI violates seniority with every bid.

With that being said, we bid monthly. Initial awards are for regular line, composite line, and reserve line. On the initial award, regular line holders and reserve line holders receive their schedule. There is then a 4 day Schedule Adjustment Period, where regular line holders only can add and occasionally drop days from Open Time. After SAP, the composite schedules are built from the leftovers.

The PBS Committee will meet with the Company for the purpose of reviewing and selecting a Preferential Bidding System (PBS) vendor, including the consideration of the current in-house solution.

That line right there should clue in most people that CBI isnt going anywhere.

kyavn
03-03-2018, 06:31 PM

Thanks so much for the explanation. My current company has SAP and itís kind of a free for all with dropping trips and you can get any day you need off, so I was wondering if it was similar. I appreciate the help.

9easy
03-03-2018, 11:41 PM
2 legs a day, 3-4 days a week is normal. Maybe 4 legs if you want more credit or live in a low credit base like OAK or AVL.

kyavn
03-04-2018, 03:39 AM
2 legs a day, 3-4 days a week is normal. Maybe 4 legs if you want more credit or live in a low credit base like OAK or AVL.

Thank you!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1