Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

flyfast2u
10-27-2017, 06:47 PM
Brand New Horizon soft jacket for sale

Never used
$20
I live in Everett

PM ME

snackysmores
10-27-2017, 07:21 PM
Is that the new one that says

ALASKA
(operated by horizon air)

You couldn't pay me to wear that one.

flyfast2u
10-27-2017, 07:59 PM

ALASKA

Nope says Horizon Air

Just found 2 ties
And a Sweater that says Horizon Air
With throw those in

Jacket and sweater are Large

ASpilot2be
10-27-2017, 08:28 PM

ALASKA

I like it better than the creeper jacket, I mean rain jacket.

OregonAviator
10-27-2017, 10:42 PM
I like it better than the creeper jacket, I mean rain jacket.

Haha Aka the Flasher jacket

ASpilot2be
10-27-2017, 10:53 PM
Haha Aka the Flasher jacket

Hahaha. I like that name better.

Ispeakjive
10-31-2017, 08:44 PM
Brand New Horizon soft jacket for sale

Never used
$20
I live in Everett

PM ME

How ironic. Horizon has some never used E-175's that they are also getting rid of.

OregonAviator
10-31-2017, 09:24 PM
How ironic. Horizon has some never used E-175's that they are also getting rid of.

how ironic you’re a chode.

Jonneaux
11-01-2017, 07:49 AM

He's not wrong. I could give you tail numbers if you want.

pete2800
11-01-2017, 11:12 AM

That would actually be really helpful. PM if necessary. Please.

Jonneaux
11-01-2017, 11:48 AM
that would actually be really helpful. Pm if necessary. Please.

n193sy,n194sy,n195sy.

pete2800
11-01-2017, 02:49 PM
n193sy,n194sy,n195sy.

Is that it? I thought there were 5-15 of them. Seriously, not trolling.

word302
11-01-2017, 03:00 PM

Just 5 as far as we know. 2 still to be delivered.

Jonneaux
11-01-2017, 03:05 PM

We have only taken delivery of two. The third is on it's way North as we speak. Just the five this year were ordered for Horizon and will be the same configuration as the ten that you already have.

There are another ten that have been officially announced for delivery next year, though the Alaska rep. at our base meeting last week said it will be at least 15 and probably more. Those would be planes originally ordered by OO.

flynshoe748
11-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Yes, what pete2800 said, Tail and S/N would be wonderful help!! Can you find that information out?

Jonneaux
11-02-2017, 08:20 AM
Yes, what pete2800 said, Tail and S/N would be wonderful help!! Can you find that information out?

All I have is the N numbers, you can get the serial numbers from the FAA registry.

oldgb
11-02-2017, 09:00 AM
Do the N numbers and SNs really matter? The line from the contract states "None of the Firm aircraft acquired and placed into revenue service under the Order shall be flown by airline in which AAG does not have a controlling interest..." emphasis added

Someone please explain to me how the company has violated that part of the LOA. Horizon never received the airplanes from the factory, and more importantly, never placed them into revenue service. The issue should instead be with those that agreed to this language being placed in the contract. IMO, the AAG representatives were very forward looking and knew exactly what they were doing to protect their interests in this part of the LOA. Our representatives didn't catch on to this particular sentence and now we have people screaming "FOUL" without a leg to stand on.

Not a lawyer here, never want to be, but that is the way that I read this part of the LOA. Intent and what we want not being argued here, just think that people need to read the LOA and really understand what is being complained about. I don't see how any lawyer or judge could ever side with the union's grievance on this one. We need to do better next time. And, there will be a next time.

pete2800
11-02-2017, 12:39 PM
Do the N numbers and SNs really matter? The line from the contract states "None of the Firm aircraft acquired and placed into revenue service under the Order shall be flown by airline in which AAG does not have a controlling interest..." emphasis added

Someone please explain to me how the company has violated that part of the LOA. Horizon never received the airplanes from the factory, and more importantly, never placed them into revenue service. The issue should instead be with those that agreed to this language being placed in the contract. IMO, the AAG representatives were very forward looking and knew exactly what they were doing to protect their interests in this part of the LOA. Our representatives didn't catch on to this particular sentence and now we have people screaming "FOUL" without a leg to stand on.

Not a lawyer here, never want to be, but that is the way that I read this part of the LOA. Intent and what we want not being argued here, just think that people need to read the LOA and really understand what is being complained about. I don't see how any lawyer or judge could ever side with the union's grievance on this one. We need to do better next time. And, there will be a next time.

It depends. If there were serial numbers attached to "The Order," then yes it matters very much. It says 'acquired,' it doesn't say by whom. If airplanes that were part of the order placed by Alaska Air Group are acquired by an entity and placed into revenue service by that entity, and that entity isn't Horizon Air Industries, that's a violation.

Jonneaux
11-02-2017, 12:57 PM
It depends. If there were serial numbers attached to "The Order," then yes it matters very much. It says 'acquired,' it doesn't say by whom. If airplanes that were part of the order placed by Alaska Air Group are acquired by an entity and placed into revenue service by that entity, and that entity isn't Horizon Air Industries, that's a violation.

‘MEʹNE, MEʹNE, TEʹKEL and PARʹSIN.’

You are working very hard to not see what is taking place right before your very eyes. The lawyers can argue the meaning of the above, but the fact that your management has stated that they intend to place twenty, and more, airplanes with OO (per ST of AAG) indicates clearly that they don't intend to honor the contract. At most 15, or half of the options can be assigned to a carrier other than Horizon, per the contract. On that point, you would win. Without question. So, why are they doing it?

What does that indicate to you?

pete2800
11-02-2017, 03:23 PM
‘MEʹNE, MEʹNE, TEʹKEL and PARʹSIN.’

You are working very hard to not see what is taking place right before your very eyes. The lawyers can argue the meaning of the above, but the fact that your management has stated that they intend to place twenty, and more, airplanes with OO (per ST of AAG) indicates clearly that they don't intend to honor the contract. At most 15, or half of the options can be assigned to a carrier other than Horizon, per the contract. On that point, you would win. Without question. So, why are they doing it?

What does that indicate to you?
None of that is really what I was arguing. Of course they intend to violate the contract... That's a tradition.

You know I don't work for Horizon, right? I don't have anything personally invested here.

snackysmores
11-02-2017, 04:47 PM

Someone please explain to me how the company has violated that part of the LOA. .

Because it doesn't specify who the order is for. It simply says 'placed into revenue service'. If the jet is going to make money it shall be flown by us, period. The only case where this would be legal is if they were transferred to mainline i.e. an airline AAG has a controlling interest.

I really don't think they were criminal masterminds sitting at the negotiating table knowing they were going to get away with it. It's more like "We're just gonna do whatever we want and we will pay off whoever we need to in order to make sure no one stops us" (e.g. Alaska arbitration ruling).

Jonneaux
11-03-2017, 05:51 AM
Because it doesn't specify who the order is for. It simply says 'placed into revenue service'. If the jet is going to make money it shall be flown by us, period. The only case where this would be legal is if they were transferred to mainline i.e. an airline AAG has a controlling interest.

I really don't think they were criminal masterminds sitting at the negotiating table knowing they were going to get away with it. It's more like "We're just gonna do whatever we want and we will pay off whoever we need to in order to make sure no one stops us" (e.g. Alaska arbitration ruling).

The obvious counter argument is that if they were never placed into revenue service by Horizon or Alaska, then they are not covered. Words mean whatever the lawyers decide they mean.

snackysmores
11-03-2017, 11:02 AM
The obvious counter argument is that if they were never placed into revenue service by Horizon or Alaska, then they are not covered. Words mean whatever the lawyers decide they mean.

Exactly, were the jets leased to SkyWest by Alaska or did they just swap delivery slots? That’s the only paperwork our union wants to see and the company refuses to show it.

Jonneaux
11-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Exactly, were the jets leased to SkyWest by Alaska or did they just swap delivery slots? That’s the only paperwork our union wants to see and the company refuses to show it.

Hmmm? Because they are honest and forthright and intent to honor the contract?

pete2800
11-03-2017, 04:01 PM
Hmmm? Because they are honest and forthright and intent to honor the contract?

I think everyone knows the answer to that, and nobody has an argument otherwise.

Ispeakjive
11-15-2017, 02:52 AM
how ironic you’re a chode.

Hey [email protected] face. I'm right. You're wrong. ALK has been downgraded and is closing GEG bases. I'll pay $4 for that jacket and another half mil for SkyWest GEG options.