Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Instructor Gateway

WingAttackPlanR
10-27-2017, 06:55 PM
Anybody have any info on this program? So if I understand correctly, B6 can hire you as a ground/sim instructor and after a year you get a line #. Teach and/or fly it's up to you.

If you were hired as an FO OTS, are you able to volunteer to be an instructor after you've been an FO for awhile? If yes, wondering the advantage of waiting for a year to get a line number.

Other airlines offer higher pay if you instruct, wonder if that's the same here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hilltopflyer
10-28-2017, 06:40 AM
It used to be where people who couldn't pass the pilot interview would go teach for a year or two then get a number. But I think they got rid of that. Yes line people can apply to teach.

Southerner
10-28-2017, 06:47 AM
It used to be where people who couldn't pass the pilot interview would go teach for a year or two then get a number. But I think they got rid of that. Yes line people can apply to teach.

Thatís not true. Now you must pass both the pilot interview and the instructor interview to be hired as an off the street instructor. After one year, they get a number automatically unless they have issues.

hilltopflyer
10-28-2017, 07:30 AM
Thatís not true. Now you must pass both the pilot interview and the instructor interview to be hired as an off the street instructor. After one year, they get a number automatically unless they have issues.

That's right. I knew it changed.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1