Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Airline Apps Education Section

Bizkit
10-31-2017, 11:46 AM
Is there any standard for how many professional courses to put on here? I have several 1, 2 and 5-day courses that show up on my VMET, but are not really related to flying or leadership. Does more courses = higher App score, or do those short courses potentially obscure the important ones when scored by a human?

Flyaf05
10-31-2017, 12:10 PM
Is there any standard for how many professional courses to put on here? I have several 1, 2 and 5-day courses that show up on my VMET, but are not really related to flying or leadership. Does more courses = higher App score, or do those short courses potentially obscure the important ones when scored by a human?

At the recent Delta job fair the hiring team said to include degrees, professional flight training courses (UPT, initial quals, upgrades, etc) and PME, but not recurring training in the education section. They didn't mention including the stuff you're talking about. Also said they were looking for >2.5 GPA and >3.0 preferred.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1