Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Arbitration question(s)

Machaca
11-01-2017, 05:04 AM
Anyone familiar with the Alaska arbitration from a technical standpoint? The reason I ask is that judging from the boards, the arbitrator(s) seem to have pretty much hosed the pilot group...and sadly, that is what I am expecting to hear from our own contract arbitration issues, specifically the PCH issue. Who do these arbitrators work for, as a rule?

N1sync
11-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Anyone familiar with the Alaska arbitration from a technical standpoint? The reason I ask is that judging from the boards, the arbitrator(s) seem to have pretty much hosed the pilot group...and sadly, that is what I am expecting to hear from our own contract arbitration issues, specifically the PCH issue. Who do these arbitrators work for, as a rule?

Depends who pays a bigger bribe

FreshWater
11-01-2017, 10:58 AM

^^^Infinite times this^^^. Follow the money leads to why things are the way they are.

KC135
11-01-2017, 02:56 PM

What he said...

Eddiet
11-01-2017, 03:30 PM
IRA Jaffe is about the worst you can get for an Arbitrator. He makes rulings on his own without any legal standing.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1