Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Commutair

Aviana
03-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Anyone out there that will help me out with this list? CLE vs PLB as far as QOL, hours, overnights and other info?
Thx,
Aviana

supersix-4
03-22-2007, 08:08 PM
PLB is less than an hour drive from Montreal.:D

beeker
03-23-2007, 05:27 AM
You will most likely go to CLE. PLB is a possibility, especially if you want it. 16 days on 12 days off. You can group all work and off days together. Nobody gets stuck with all reserve, unless you want it. You will fly anywhere between 20 to 70 hours in a bid with a guarantee of 76. We are currently short staffed so there is extra flying if you want it. Half the overnights are stand-ups. Lots of day trips. We currently have 11 or 12 Beech 1900's and 2 Dash-8's. I think revenue flights on the 8's start on Monday. At least 14 more Dash-8's are coming with at least 8 of the Beech 1900's leaving starting in July.

beech_nut
03-23-2007, 05:36 AM
Also to be considered; terrible pay rates and work rules. Upgrade? The plan is to start selling a beech each time a dash comes on line starting in july. This may stall upgrades for a long time. The upgrade time is running longer than 2 years right now. Overall, not a bad place if you understand what your getting in to.

JoeyMeatballs
03-23-2007, 05:39 AM
Commutair guys dont take this the wrong way, but to all of you prospective guys why go their when every other regional is in desperate need for pilots.

PS To the bastard in my old crashpad in CLE ahahahhahaah I thought you guys were getting the Q's to take over XJT's flying????????????? hahah Man He was an ass

ERJ135
03-23-2007, 07:48 AM
I bet you might get PLB. There was two of us that just quit there, possibly a third. With 10 of us, we bidding about 90hrs. So you guess with some leaving they will need to fill the slots. Being based in PLB was all day trips. They were also almost 7hrs with 6-8legs. Good flying though. Great QOL if you live there, tuff if you commute. Good Luck, I am sure you would get an interview if you sent your stuff, I heard they only have something like 4 apps on file so they need to recruite people. Good Luck.

Aviana
03-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Thx for the info.

Aviana

beeker
03-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Commutair's minimums are double everyone else's yet their pay rates and work rules are half of everyone else's. I have no idea how they are going to find people to come here or stay when better paying regionals can't find enough warm bodies. Yes upgrade is just past 2 years. I am an FO just starting 3rd year pay.

Islandhopper
03-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Commutair guys dont take this the wrong way, but to all of you prospective guys why go their when every other regional is in desperate need for pilots.

PS To the bastard in my old crashpad in CLE ahahahhahaah I thought you guys were getting the Q's to take over XJT's flying????????????? hahah Man He was an ass

You know Saab, it is guys like you that make XJT look so bad. Right now XJT pilots are getting an extremely bad reputation in the industry (the "we are better than anyone else in the regionals" attitude) and it is due to only a minority of XJT pilots, you in particular. This person is out looking for a little advice from CommutAir pilots and you have to jack the thread.

Stop jacking threads and stop typing negative things about all other regionals. Facts are, fellow XJT employees are getting sick of you making them look so bad.

KZ1000Shaft
03-24-2007, 05:08 AM
Commutair's minimums are double everyone else's yet their pay rates and work rules are half of everyone else's. I have no idea how they are going to find people to come here or stay when better paying regionals can't find enough warm bodies. Yes upgrade is just past 2 years. I am an FO just starting 3rd year pay.

Doesn't Commutair's payscale work that when you do upgrade you go to first year captain pay? If you were to upgrade right now at most other airlines, you would go to third year captain pay and not first.

Low wages, no cockpit door, no flight attendand, no lavatory, and no autopilot. That's why I didn't go there. Good luck on finding people with all these things.

JoeyMeatballs
03-24-2007, 05:14 AM
You know Saab, it is guys like you that make XJT look so bad. Right now XJT pilots are getting an extremely bad reputation in the industry (the "we are better than anyone else in the regionals" attitude) and it is due to only a minority of XJT pilots, you in particular. This person is out looking for a little advice from CommutAir pilots and you have to jack the thread.

Stop jacking threads and stop typing negative things about all other regionals. Facts are, fellow XJT employees are getting sick of you making them look so bad.

Actually most of my posts really arent negative....................I am asking a good question sorry if you dont feel that way. Walking around the crew rooms..........................believe me I am not the one making xjt look bad.

PS So wait a sec there are acutally people that have discussions about me outside of this forum?????????I dont know if thats awesome or just pathetic on their part....Im a superstar heheh

beeker
03-25-2007, 07:51 AM
Doesn't Commutair's payscale work that when you do upgrade you go to first year captain pay? If you were to upgrade right now at most other airlines, you would go to third year captain pay and not first.

Low wages, no cockpit door, no flight attendand, no lavatory, and no autopilot. That's why I didn't go there. Good luck on finding people with all these things.

The whole longevity pay thing is changing with the Dash, so I hear.

flyingdoc
03-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Beeker,
is Matt A. still flying for you guys, or did he bail?

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1