Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Thanksgiving break

MadDog80
11-19-2017, 03:04 PM
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone had any idea if there is a break period over Thanksgiving for those who are in training. I asked my recruiter and they said it was up to each instructor. I'm not sure who my instructor is or what the class schedule is supposed to be. (Begins 21st.) if anyone has any information either for that class or classes previous I'd appreciate it!

amcnd
11-19-2017, 04:37 PM
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone had any idea if there is a break period over Thanksgiving for those who are in training. I asked my recruiter and they said it was up to each instructor. I'm not sure who my instructor is or what the class schedule is supposed to be. (Begins 21st.) if anyone has any information either for that class or classes previous I'd appreciate it!

Sims are not running wed/thur/friday this week.. Ground usually runs but they bring in dinner.

word302
11-19-2017, 07:25 PM
Sims are not running wed/thur/friday this week.. Ground usually runs but they bring in dinner.

Sims in den are running everyday except Thursday.

amcnd
11-19-2017, 08:44 PM
Sims in den are running everyday except Thursday.

Maybe ERJ. But not CRJ.. CRJ in DEN is the same. 3 days off..

domino
11-19-2017, 08:46 PM
Hello all,

Hopefully you get the day off. Its tough working the holidays but everyone goes through it for the first few years.

MadDog80
11-20-2017, 04:17 AM
Hopefully you get the day off. Its tough working the holidays but everyone goes through it for the first few years.

Yeah I understand. I've had the mentality of this is an airline job and I definitely have to pay my dues. Still would he nice to have one more holiday off while in training before flying. Cheers!

MadDog80
11-20-2017, 04:18 AM
Maybe ERJ. But not CRJ.. CRJ in DEN is the same. 3 days off..

That's good to know. Thanks for the info. I'm crj in slc. Cheers!

rickair7777
11-20-2017, 06:36 AM
If you get a holiday off in training, it's luck, not for your benefit. It's because instructors are usually somewhat senior and would not stay as instructors for long if they had to work every holiday.

JBirdE175
11-21-2017, 12:01 PM
If you get a holiday off in training, it's luck, not for your benefit. It's because instructors are usually somewhat senior and would not stay as instructors for long if they had to work every holiday.
From what I know, instructors' schedules within the training world are not based on seniority, believe it or not. So it really doesn't matter the seniority of your instructor.

EngineOut
11-21-2017, 01:57 PM
From what I know, instructors' schedules within the training world are not based on seniority, believe it or not. So it really doesn't matter the seniority of your instructor.

FWIW: Upgrade (CRJ) in 2013 over Thanksgiving...

Got Thursday off. That's it. Some went home, most didn't...but I got Christmas off!

word302
11-21-2017, 06:45 PM

I think hes referring to LCAs.

rickair7777
11-21-2017, 06:52 PM

But they're usually senior enough to get holidays off flying the line... and most of them would do that if they had to work major holidays as an instructor.

IOE depends totally on the seniority of the LCA, which can vary quite a bit.

JBirdE175
11-22-2017, 06:22 AM
I think hes referring to LCAs.
The OP definitely meant training department, but maybe some of the others were talking about LCAs. In that case yes, it's extremely varied.