Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : What's the plan?

Rascal
11-30-2017, 07:34 AM
I am trying to move on to bigger and better airlines, but as we all know it too well things don't always go as planned. I still have vested interest in JetBlue until I get lucky enough to get picked up by a real Major. I was counting on growth to maintain positive seniority movement but that hardly seems to be case.

During my new-hire orientation, the company was full of ideas and plans for the future. Most of people in my class have been around long enough to know that it was mostly "feel good fluff" but nevertheless, we still were somewhat optimistic on the outlook. However, in the last year or so the management has made no effort communicate any solid plans for the future of JetBlue. Is it because they don't have any?

TristarJS30
11-30-2017, 07:39 AM
They are being either:

A) Super tight lipped.

or

B) Have no plans.

Most of us on the line lean towards B. It seems almost when the Virgin America deal fell through and the Long Beach customs fell through... they had no backup plans. They keep kicking the can down the road with everything (winglets, cabin refresh, E190 decision, LR/330's, Europe, Midwest Expansion, etc etc)

But hey, we announced EWR-SDQ yesterday!

Combatcraig
11-30-2017, 08:27 AM
It is disheartening. I drank the Kool-aid at ViB and training but reality quickly set in when I hit the line. Things arenít as rosy as we were led to believe. Less than a year after arriving growth has slowed. Hiring and upgrades have slowed. Management is obviously dragging its feet on our CBA... I came here as a destination airline as my friends that helped get me here were happy. Now all are fed up and completely out of goodwill. Everyone is shopping elsewhere. We are told attrition has been lower than expected (mostly 1-5 year prior mil guys going to the big 3). Management solves this problem by hiring less in that demographic and more in others that arenít as marketable or likely to leave for the bigs (NE guys, older pilots, less military). Until we get a great CBA this will never be a destination airline.

Southerner
11-30-2017, 10:32 AM
I am trying to move on to bigger and better airlines, but as we all know it too well things don't always go as planned. I still have vested interest in JetBlue until I get lucky enough to get picked up by a real Major. I was counting on growth to maintain positive seniority movement but that hardly seems to be case.

During my new-hire orientation, the company was full of ideas and plans for the future. Most of people in my class have been around long enough to know that it was mostly "feel good fluff" but nevertheless, we still were somewhat optimistic on the outlook. However, in the last year or so the management has made no effort communicate any solid plans for the future of JetBlue. Is it because they don't have any?

I think the current administration is just much more quiet about their plans than the previous. But that doesnít mean that plans arenít in the works. They have formally announced plans to go across the Atlantic in stockholder meetings. Iím betting thatís the most active plan. They also announced the fleet review, and extended it to 1st quarter 2018. Iím betting that extension has something to do with the Airbus/C-Series deal, but who knows.

What sort of notifications are you looking for? Weekly briefs on our plans that give away competitive advantage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozo the pilot
11-30-2017, 11:09 AM
It is disheartening. I drank the Kool-aid at ViB and training but reality quickly set in when I hit the line. Things arenít as rosy as we were led to believe. Less than a year after arriving growth has slowed. Hiring and upgrades have slowed. Management is obviously dragging its feet on our CBA... I came here as a destination airline as my friends that helped get me here were happy. Now all are fed up and completely out of goodwill. Everyone is shopping elsewhere. We are told attrition has been lower than expected (mostly 1-5 year prior mil guys going to the big 3). Management solves this problem by hiring less in that demographic and more in others that arenít as marketable or likely to leave for the bigs (NE guys, older pilots, less military). Until we get a great CBA this will never be a destination airline.

Youll get out of here soon enough. The real airlines have to hire a ton to keep up with retirements. Check out the UAL thread about time of hire to line holder- Its not that long. B6 is a spider web with no movement. It would get better with a CBA, but that could be 2 years away.
Good luck man

BlueJetDork
11-30-2017, 04:50 PM
They have formally announced plans to go across the Atlantic.

That is an overly optimistic.

Southerner
11-30-2017, 05:00 PM
That is an overly optimistic.

Iím not being optimistic. Iím simply stating what they said in the last earnings call.

SmitteyB
11-30-2017, 05:05 PM
Iím not being optimistic. Iím simply stating what they said in the last earnings call.

They didnít say that.

BlueJetDork
11-30-2017, 05:06 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPlease copy > paste it.

Thank you!

aldonite7667
11-30-2017, 05:16 PM
There are no formal plans to cross the NAT. None. We donít even have ETOPS.

Combatcraig
11-30-2017, 05:30 PM

Oh LOOK-SQUIRRELS!!

Southerner
11-30-2017, 06:54 PM

You not knowing the plan doesnít mean that there isnít a plan, and that things arenít going on behind the scenes.

BlueJetDork
11-30-2017, 07:07 PM
The Plan?

For the employees to do more for less.

Other than that there is no plan.

Proof? We are supposed to be disruptive in the industry with our cost structure.

Other than "mint" which is running out of steam (markets) we have not been disruptive in over a decade.

But ...

There is always an infinite list of what are possibilities that are theoretically possible but not probable.

But I did hear about a huge announcement next week, BTW!

Bluedriver
12-01-2017, 03:23 AM
I think the current administration is just much more quiet about their plans than the previous. But that doesnít mean that plans arenít in the works. They have formally announced plans to go across the Atlantic in stockholder meetings. Iím betting thatís the most active plan. They also announced the fleet review, and extended it to 1st quarter 2018. Iím betting that extension has something to do with the Airbus/C-Series deal, but who knows.

What sort of notifications are you looking for? Weekly briefs on our plans that give away competitive advantage?

They did not formally announce plans to go across the NAT. They said they are evaluating it! Big difference!

Who has the comprehension problem again?!? W O W!

Southerner
12-01-2017, 06:12 AM
They did not formally announce plans to go across the NAT. They said they are evaluating it! Big difference!

Who has the comprehension problem again?!? W O W!

Iím merely quoting this so my buddies who have you blocked can see that youíre still a miserable [insert noun here].

I admit I said the word ďplans.Ē But, ya got me!!! I shouldíve said ďintent.Ē Thank god youíre here!

slimothy
12-01-2017, 07:40 AM
Iím merely quoting this so my buddies who have you blocked can see that youíre still a miserable [insert noun here].

I admit I said the word ďplans.Ē But, ya got me!!! I shouldíve said ďintent.Ē Thank god youíre here!

This confuses me. Why would your management pals lurk on a pilot forum and then block people? Seems weird.

BlueJetDork
12-01-2017, 09:13 AM
You not knowing the plan doesn’t mean that there isn’t a plan, and that things aren’t going on behind the scenes.

Seeing a plan in black and white when in fact it was not there in black and white and believing other things that may or may not exist that no one else can see.

There are medications for this.;)

Bluedriver
12-01-2017, 10:23 AM

WRONG AGAIN! They did not say they are "intent" on serving Europe. They said they are evaluating it. Huge difference.

Bluedriver
12-01-2017, 01:54 PM
WRONG AGAIN! They did not say they are "intent" on serving Europe. They said they are evaluating it. Huge difference.

So our resident rocket surgeon says that announcing an evaluation of future NAT service is the same as an announcement that they are "intent" on NAT service. With lots of colorful name calling.

Those are NOT the same genius.

Cavity
12-01-2017, 02:58 PM
JB is going to Europe. It's a done deal.

BlueJetDork
12-01-2017, 03:31 PM
JB is going to Europe. It's a done deal.
Bold prediction.

No date.

Love those.

Big announcement sometime in the future. It's a done dealio!

CaptCoolHand
12-01-2017, 03:41 PM
DaL was to buy us done deal.
SWA was to buy us done deal.
United was gonna buy us done deal
As bought us in 2010... oh wait.
330s have been a done deal for years
The expansion of Mco is next. Done deal.

Thereís been no public decision on Europe. We donít even have a plane that can get there...
We look at lots of things. Most of them donít come true.

Iím drinkimg a beer tonight thatís a 100% certainty.

slimothy
12-01-2017, 03:48 PM

Thereís been no public decision on Europe. We donít even have a plane that can get there...

You are ridiculous. This is WAY off. Friday is whiskey night.

PasserOGas
12-01-2017, 03:50 PM

Don't forget the new one. TA only a few months away! Done deal.

CaptCoolHand
12-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Don't forget the new one. TA only a few months away! Done deal.

Ssshhh
Sssshhhhhh....
(Whisper) the sooner this happens the better itís gonna be for both of us....
(Long deeep breathing)
Juuust let it happen.

Bozo the pilot
12-01-2017, 07:18 PM
You are ridiculous. This is WAY off. Friday is whiskey night.

At B6 every night requires whiskey:)

aldonite7667
12-01-2017, 07:20 PM
At B6 every night requires whiskey:)

Itís funny because itís true.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1