Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Application window

btodd77
12-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Any whispers on when the next application window will open up??

barabek
12-01-2017, 10:59 AM

I'd guess over Christmas, at least that's what happened last year.

NikeBuddy
12-01-2017, 09:57 PM
Dec 20th.....

Riverside
12-02-2017, 08:11 AM

Tomorrow.. If not then next day..If not, repeat tomorrow till it comes out.

tm602
12-02-2017, 08:28 AM
Dec 20th.....

I'm not too perceptive...is this a for real date?

BigWillyCapt
12-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Yep, comes just after the 19th and before the 21st. Every year!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

NikeBuddy
12-03-2017, 05:12 AM
Yes, per Rocky.

Bomber
12-03-2017, 01:40 PM
All - I submitted my app via Pilot Credentials a month or so ago, and my profile shows ďactiveĒ still. Do I need to do anything new when the window opens again?

Thanks!

CA1900
12-03-2017, 01:50 PM
All - I submitted my app via Pilot Credentials a month or so ago, and my profile shows ďactiveĒ still. Do I need to do anything new when the window opens again?

There should be an application to fill out as well for the specific hiring window. You'll find it here, where the job posting will show up:

https://pilots-southwest.icims.com/jobs/

Good luck!

Bomber
12-03-2017, 01:53 PM
There should be an application to fill out as well for the specific hiring window. You'll find it here, where the job posting will show up:

https://pilots-southwest.icims.com/jobs/

Good luck!

Thanks! Appreciate the link.

flensr
12-08-2017, 06:14 PM
My application changed to "under review" on Nov 28 so I think there's some movement even after the window closes.

Kilroy
12-09-2017, 01:42 PM
No more invites this year but I bet they are looking at you for January February invite.

Bestshooter
12-10-2017, 12:21 PM
Is for southwest to call 😫😫😫

2strokin
12-10-2017, 05:24 PM
For what its worth, my application still shows "received submission". I received the email invite to interview a few weeks ago and the first available was mid January.

Art Vandalay
12-11-2017, 09:37 AM
Hey Guys,

I have the interview invitation on my Pilot Credentials site, but haven't received any direct communication from Southwest. Anyone experience this, and what would you suggest? All the hiring forms are pre-filled with my information, but I have searched all junk folders, etc, and nothing.

Thanks,
Art

PropCop
12-11-2017, 11:36 AM
Hey Guys,

I have the interview invitation on my Pilot Credentials site, but haven't received any direct communication from Southwest. Anyone experience this, and what would you suggest? All the hiring forms are pre-filled with my information, but I have searched all junk folders, etc, and nothing.

Thanks,
Art

If I understand what you are asking, that is all you get. You will choose your interview date and time from a list provided to you on pilotcredentials.

flensr
12-11-2017, 05:51 PM
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
Art

Email SWA and ask them to check and re-send if you have a current interview offer. Interview offer is good for only 90 days.

EngineOut
12-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Email SWA and ask them to check and re-send if you have a current interview offer. Interview offer is good for only 90 days.

This is correct. I had the same issue and it was legit. They had no problem re-sending the email to a different account. Then change all your email contacts to the new account. I had hotmail (Yahoo a problem, too). Changed Pilot Credentials and ISIMS to gmail and have had no problems since.

Art Vandalay
12-12-2017, 02:30 AM
Yes, I am using a hotmail address and didn't receive anything. Who did you contact to change your information? I have a gmail address as my backup there but will switch to primary.

Thanks again for the replies!

flensr
12-12-2017, 03:38 AM
Yes, I am using a hotmail address and didn't receive anything. Who did you contact to change your information? I have a gmail address as my backup there but will switch to primary.

Thanks again for the replies!

You might try [email protected] or [email protected]

Art Vandalay
12-13-2017, 06:43 AM
That worked with a gmail address. Do not use a Hotmail address. They had to resend the email and I missed out on the December interview slots.

Sike
12-13-2017, 09:22 AM
I've got Hotmail as my primary address and Gmail as my alternate. Will that work?

Art Vandalay
12-13-2017, 12:34 PM
I had the same setup and it DID NOT get to me. I checked junk boxes etc.

EngineOut
12-13-2017, 08:06 PM
I've got Hotmail as my primary address and Gmail as my alternate. Will that work?

No. Make your gmail addy your only addy. Both iCims and Pilot Credentials. Take it from somebody who learned the hard way.

Sike
12-13-2017, 09:59 PM
No. Make your gmail addy your only addy. Both iCims and Pilot Credentials. Take it from somebody who learned the hard way.I'll do it! And that's crazy!

Skyward
12-14-2017, 07:24 PM
No. Make your gmail addy your only addy. Both iCims and Pilot Credentials. Take it from somebody who learned the hard way.

Same here. I was told they have to match for the two sites to ďtalkĒ and an invitation to happen. After I synced them up... bam, an invite after years of applying and updating.

airresq
12-15-2017, 10:00 AM
I updated info on the icims website and now I'm seeing "closed complete". Anyone know what that means? It doesn't sound good. Thanks

Squallrider
12-17-2017, 04:37 AM
I updated info on the icims website and now I'm seeing "closed complete". Anyone know what that means? It doesn't sound good. Thanks

I think it means they are purging the system for the next application window. I have two that are now closed complete and one that says received submission

PotatoChip
12-17-2017, 10:59 AM

Same.
As of this weekend all of my submissions went to Closed Complete.
Bummer.
Waiting for the next try...

Flyaf05
12-18-2017, 12:15 PM
Just got an e-mail from SWA hiring confirming the new application window is opening on the 20th. Position #2017-21411

698jet
12-18-2017, 07:43 PM
Got same one today

Puck Hawg
12-19-2017, 05:40 AM
Where does said e-mail come from? Pilot Credentials?

trip
12-19-2017, 05:53 AM
Where does said e-mail come from? Pilot Credentials?

It's on the credentials website, DEC 20-JAN 2.

PanchoBarnes
12-19-2017, 06:25 AM
I got that email also. Wonder if everyone gets it that applied last time?
I didnít get a similar one after the first window I applied for.

12-19-2017, 09:09 AM
thanks for posting it, i never got the email

CGreek
12-19-2017, 09:30 PM
So I went to iCIMS website and all my previous applications that said "received submission" before now went to closed complete. Just re-applied as soon as the window opened and right away status is closed complete. Guessing is bad!:confused:

DryClutch
12-20-2017, 03:41 AM
I re-applied this morning as well. My listing in ICIMS is slightly different. Along with all my previous app's now showing "closed complete", my current app I submitted this morning says the usual "received submission", but it now allows me to go under the "actions" tab to the right and am able to click "continue application" even though its complete and there is nothing left to continue.....this is the first time in all my submissions it has given me that option.....sounds like maybe glitchy software on their end this go around?....

twebb
12-20-2017, 04:52 AM
2016 application- Received submission

Both 2017 applications- closed complete last week.

New window- Received submission and under actions tab-withdraw.

Squallrider
12-20-2017, 06:32 AM
My medical is due end of January, you guys think that will affect my chances in this window?

PotatoChip
12-20-2017, 07:00 AM
My medical is due end of January, you guys think that will affect my chances in this window?

No. You can update that info on PilotCredentials when you get the new one. I think (hope) they realize that medical expire and we get new ones.

GlassBird
12-20-2017, 10:54 AM
I attended the last in house job fair and they told me to select "Job fair" in the "how did you hear about this" drop down. I wonder if we should still select that, even though this is a new posting? They haven't had a job fair since then, so surely...

Also, FWIW, the app I put in for the last opening said "Resume review in progress" but now has changed to "Closed complete". Good luck and God bless to all of us hopefuls. Maybe we'll see some Christmas miracles...

PanchoBarnes
12-20-2017, 11:47 AM
2016 application- Received submission

Both 2017 applications- closed complete last week.

New window- Received submission and under actions tab-withdraw.

Mine shows the exact same. (minus the 2016 submission, which I didn't do.)

CantStayAway
12-20-2017, 01:46 PM
Do you have to pay the $60 to pilot credentials to apply or is it like airline apps where if you're only targeting one airline then it's free?

Flyaf05
12-20-2017, 01:54 PM
Do you have to pay the $60 to pilot credentials to apply or is it like airline apps where if you're only targeting one airline then it's free?

It's free for each individual airline app on pilot credentials. You have to pay for the global pilot credentials account. The paid account allows you to export your apps to AA, SWA, and FedEx so you don't have retype everything multiple times. It also always you to update your hours in one place and export them to each individual airlines' apps. If you have the time and patience you can save the money on the global account.

waflyboy
12-20-2017, 03:28 PM
It's free for each individual airline app on pilot credentials. You have to pay for the global pilot credentials account. The paid account allows you to export your apps to AA, SWA, and FedEx so you don't have retype everything multiple times. It also always you to update your hours in one place and export them to each individual airlines' apps. If you have the time and patience you can save the money on the global account.

I heard from one of the career consulting companies that using a global account and exporting your info to the three different apps isn't recommended. They said there have been some problems with it exporting correctly because the applications differ a bit.

That was a couple years ago, so maybe it's since been fixed.

GunSlngnAv8ter
12-20-2017, 04:32 PM
How long is the window open?

Thank you Airmen.

Dhood84
12-20-2017, 07:45 PM
How long is the window open?

Thank you Airmen.

January 2nd.

DH

Proximity
12-20-2017, 07:58 PM
The global account didn't work for me. I paid for it expecting to be able to export all my stuff from one airline to the others. Unfortunately each app is different and there are many glitches that happen each time the data is transfered. It's easier to do each app once, then once they are done only touch them to update hours, passports, and medicals.

Anyone know of any 2018 class dates?

Dhood84
12-20-2017, 08:04 PM
Well there goes nothing....both pages are redone and submitted! Good luck to everyone who applies this round!

DH

Skyward
12-20-2017, 08:42 PM
Also, FWIW, the app I put in for the last opening said "Resume review in progress" but now has changed to "Closed complete".

Is the email address that you used for ICIMS the same address that you used for PilotCredentials, and is it something other than Hotmail or Yahoo?

Different addresses for those 2 sites can get you ďlostĒ in the system.

flyguy81
12-20-2017, 10:24 PM
The global account didn't work for me. I paid for it expecting to be able to export all my stuff from one airline to the others. Unfortunately each app is different and there are many glitches that happen each time the data is transfered. It's easier to do each app once, then once they are done only touch them to update hours, passports, and medicals.

3 classes a month thru May. 2 in June for now

DryClutch
12-21-2017, 02:38 AM
I had the same issue with exporting from the global account, the times were all skewed and it renamed some of the different aircraft types, was a huge mess. I just do each one individually to avoid the errors....

Ohlsan
12-21-2017, 06:41 AM
All of mine say closed complete, even the one I just filled out for this new window, is anyone elseís say closed complete for the current window?

Riverside
12-21-2017, 06:53 AM
All of mine say closed complete, even the one I just filled out for this new window, is anyone elseís say closed complete for the current window?

I think the last 30 comments have been about this.

ysslah
12-21-2017, 06:56 AM

I got pretty good at it after awhile and doesnít take very long anymore :(

GunSlngnAv8ter
12-21-2017, 03:10 PM
January 2nd.

DH

Thank you.

StickPig
12-22-2017, 10:20 AM
Any clue if we are supposed to input mil sortie conversions on pilot credentials already WITH the conversion factor? Or does SWA internal computer do this upon submission?

Thanks.

MtnMan
12-22-2017, 10:32 AM
Any clue if we are supposed to input mil sortie conversions on pilot credentials already WITH the conversion factor? Or does SWA internal computer do this upon submission?

Thanks.

I think so. From swa.pilotcredentials:

Q: Can I use a conversion factor when determining flight time accumulated in the military?

A: Yes. Military Conversion: When converting taxi time a conversion factor of .3 or 18 minutes, per leg/sortie should be used. These guidelines are imposed by Southwest Airlines for the purpose of standardizing the calculation of flight time.

They also ask if you used one in the Pilot Questionnaire. Nowhere does it suggest one will be calculated for you and they never ask for numbers of sorties.

WesternSkies
12-22-2017, 01:26 PM
The link in my email notification takes me to a dead webpage. Anyone else?

Blkflcon
12-22-2017, 01:49 PM
Do the conversion. They will not do it for you. Only question I got during my interview was did I apply the conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12-22-2017, 03:11 PM
I attended the last in house job fair and they told me to select "Job fair" in the "how did you hear about this" drop down. I wonder if we should still select that, even though this is a new posting? They haven't had a job fair since then, so surely...

I selected that also as I attended that job fair also.. ;)

Ohlsan
12-25-2017, 08:40 AM
I just got the TBNT email, I have applied to every window since December of 2016, and attended the in house job fair. This is my first TBNT email from them.

seminolepilot
12-25-2017, 09:55 AM
I just got the TBNT email, I have applied to every window since December of 2016, and attended the in house job fair. This is my first TBNT email from them.

Seems weird that you got a TBNT email on Christmas. Iím sure no one is in the office looking at apps on Christmas Day. Makes me wonder if itís some kind of mistake.

Ohlsan
12-25-2017, 10:36 AM
Seems weird that you got a TBNT email on Christmas. Iím sure no one is in the office looking at apps on Christmas Day. Makes me wonder if itís some kind of mistake.

I hope it was a mistake, but app says closed complete in ICIMS, and it arrived in my email at 0833 this morning

rich007
12-25-2017, 11:45 AM
I got the same email today at 1100 EST...and also checked ICIMS and it says "closed complete". Thought they would at least wait until the window closed.

Skyward
12-25-2017, 11:50 AM

Youíre not talking about a TBNT following an interview, right... just an application window?

If so, thatís just the old apps closing out as they purge the system. I got a few of those during the YEARS that I was applying. Thatís nothing to be concerned about. Just apply to the next window, keep your PilotCredentials up to date, and attend a job fair if you can. Persistence will pay off.

Ohlsan
12-25-2017, 01:29 PM
Youíre not talking about a TBNT following an interview, right... just an application window?

If so, thatís just the old apps closing out as they purge the system. I got a few of those during the YEARS that I was applying. Thatís nothing to be concerned about. Just apply to the next window, keep your PilotCredentials up to date, and attend a job fair if you can. Persistence will pay off.

Thanks, I have not had an invite to interview yet

G150driver
12-26-2017, 08:37 AM

Ditto! I was watching my 2-year-old daughter unwrap her Christmas presents when I saw the email pop up on my lock screen. With excitement, I hopped up from the couch to the next room. (I try to avoid being buried in my phone in front of the little ones.)

ďAfter carefully reviewing your application, blah, blah, blah...Ē Merry f-ing Christmas! I can handle a flush letter at this point in my nearly 20-year aviation career, but at 8:45am on Christmas morning. Sheesh. I felt like Clark Griswold getting signed up for the the ďjelly of the month club.Ē

I havenít been able to score a slot at a recruiting event yet. But I recently talked to an SWA captain buddy of mine, who said he had a corporate guy (like me) new-hire jumpseating with him last month. Apparently he got the call for an interview like 25 minutes after leaving the job fair back in late September.

So, who knows what Iím missing other than good timing. 7,000+ hours, 5,000+ turbine, 3,000+ PIC turbine. BS w/ 3.25 GPA, and an all-around OK guy (I think!) Oh well, perseverance I guess. Best of luck all!

Slick1821
12-30-2017, 01:18 PM
It's seems people had a pretty good read that SWA would be opening up an application window before Xmas, as they have done that in the previous year(s). Any ideas on the next window after this current window closes on the 2nd? I wasn't quite ready to submit this go around but am going to give it a shot on the next opening. Any clues on the next window(s) would be appreciated! Thanks!

dash8driver
12-30-2017, 02:54 PM
Slick, Iím guessing about the same time next month. Theyíve kept the windows pretty consistent all last year and should be running 3 classes a month in 2018.

Slick1821
12-30-2017, 06:15 PM
Slick, Iím guessing about the same time next month. Theyíve kept the windows pretty consistent all last year and should be running 3 classes a month in 2018.

Thank you!

hawgwild
01-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Does anyone at what time the window closes tomorrow?

Avcat
02-07-2018, 11:56 AM
Anybody know when the next window is?

Riverside
02-07-2018, 02:15 PM
Anybody know when the next window is?

Did you sign up to get email updates?

Avcat
02-07-2018, 03:42 PM
Riverside I did, I'm just impatient I guess.

NarcolepticAV8R
02-07-2018, 05:39 PM
Riverside I did, I'm just impatient I guess.

Impatient here too!

Squallrider
02-08-2018, 05:11 AM
Usually window opens around major job fairs like WAI thatís coming up

NarcolepticAV8R
02-09-2018, 12:10 PM
I am willing to bet they open the window on 2/14 for the Luv.

HwkrPlt
02-19-2018, 12:40 PM
Has anyone from the window that opened at the end of December gotten an interview invite?

Hampton
02-19-2018, 12:48 PM
I am willing to bet they open the window on 2/14 for the Luv.

Still nothing, I check all most everyday. Where did you get the 2/14 date from?

Zard
02-19-2018, 01:35 PM
Still nothing, I check all most everyday. Where did you get the 2/14 date from?

Valentine's Day...LUV...get it...get it?

Tbpilot06
02-19-2018, 01:56 PM
Has anyone from the window that opened at the end of December gotten an interview invite?

Same here, nothing. Just trying to figure out what it takes to actually get an interview.

domewhite
02-19-2018, 03:17 PM
Hello!

To those interested - I would like to help you get hired at WN. I too was 'scraping' the forums for information. I'd intended to return to airlinepilotforums.com - to help in any way I can - and assist those desiring to work for Southwest. I was hired early last year (02/2017) and would like to offer my help - albeit my personal experience - to give to you.

Please note this is not 'trickery' - just feel like I need to give back to the community that was helpful to me. I know what it's like to be 'hungry' - to want something so much/bad - needing to know any information I could get my hands on to help. Please feel free to PM me. I promise to reply as soon as I can. I no longer check this website daily yet will get back to you ASAP.

Sincerely,

domewhite

Hampton
02-19-2018, 04:18 PM
Valentine's Day...LUV...get it...get it?

Yeah, I got it the first time. Just wondering if you had some real information or just guessing.

HwkrPlt
02-20-2018, 09:05 AM
Same here, nothing. Just trying to figure out what it takes to actually get an interview.

I'm just happy that I haven't been rejected yet.

JetDoc
02-21-2018, 08:36 PM
I'm just happy that I haven't been rejected yet.

My thoughts exactly.

Poser765
02-23-2018, 05:18 AM
Honestly a thanks but no thanks would be ok for me. At least I'd know I did something right to get my application even looked at. Right now I feel "received submission" is just hr code for "we've filed your app in the 2nd floor ladies room. Good luck!"

Tbpilot06
02-23-2018, 07:11 AM
Honestly a thanks but no thanks would be ok for me. At least I'd know I did something right to get my application even looked at. Right now I feel "received submission" is just hr code for "we've filed your app in the 2nd floor ladies room. Good luck!"
I agree with this. Iím guessing a human doesnít even look at it, but rather a computer. Itís confusing when you see the qualifications of those being hired and yet with most of the ďboxesĒ checked one canít even get an interview.

PotatoChip
02-23-2018, 08:49 AM
I agree with this. Iím guessing a human doesnít even look at it, but rather a computer. Itís confusing when you see the qualifications of those being hired and yet with most of the ďboxesĒ checked one canít even get an interview.

It's very frustrating indeed.

Big Perm
02-23-2018, 09:25 AM
I have two buddies interviewing mid march from the last application window. One of them got the invite yesterday.

drivinghome
02-23-2018, 01:32 PM
Good to know thereís still hope.

sky80
02-23-2018, 03:15 PM
I have two buddies interviewing mid march from the last application window. One of them got the invite yesterday.

Was the last window the Dec one?

tm602
02-23-2018, 08:17 PM
Yep that was it.

sky80
02-25-2018, 08:21 AM
Yep that was it.

Thanks, I thought so.
Just doesnít feel right not doing my monthly ritual of applying.

CaptYoda
02-25-2018, 01:24 PM
Like the Lotto-- "You gotta be in it to win it.!":)

Minimums
02-28-2018, 01:31 PM
Hey guys,

Quick question regarding the Southwest application process, just want to make sure I understand this correctly as I've never applied. First, make an account and profile on Pilot credentials with all my information, and then when the window opens on Southwest's website, apply there as well? These are the only places I need to apply correct?

Hampton
02-28-2018, 02:10 PM
That is the way I understand the process.

Squallrider
02-28-2018, 05:17 PM
Hey guys,

Quick question regarding the Southwest application process, just want to make sure I understand this correctly as I've never applied. First, make an account and profile on Pilot credentials with all my information, and then when the window opens on Southwest's website, apply there as well? These are the only places I need to apply correct?

Thatís correct and make sure you use the same email for both accounts

Uptair
02-28-2018, 06:50 PM
Make sure you have a profile on swa.pilotcredentials.com as well. That is the main one LUV will use.

Minimums
03-01-2018, 09:49 AM
Make sure you have a profile on swa.pilotcredentials.com as well. That is the main one LUV will use.

Thank your sir.

Is the swa.pilotcredentials.com the same as the regular pilot credentials website or something different? So a total of 3 accounts? Or just one one the Southwest.com and one one swa.pilotcredentials? thank you for the clarification!

Skyward
03-02-2018, 05:19 AM
Thank your sir.

Is the swa.pilotcredentials.com the same as the regular pilot credentials website or something different? So a total of 3 accounts? Or just one one the Southwest.com and one one swa.pilotcredentials? thank you for the clarification!

2 accounts. Pilot Credentials hosts applications for several airlines (AA, Fedex, SWA, etc.). Swa.pilotcredentials.com justs points you to the SW app, but itís the same website.

As others have said, make sure you use the same email address for pilot cedentials and the company site. A recruiter told me thatís probably why I didnít get a call for so long. I recommend using a gmail account. Do not use hotmail or yahoo because it might go to spam.

NarcolepticAV8R
03-02-2018, 06:26 AM
Does anyone have an idea when the next window will open? Mid-March possibly?

jlloyd1010
03-10-2018, 11:50 AM
Hey everyone. Iím a 135/91 guy new to the 121 application process.
I have an app in at Southwest with a submitted Pilot Credentials profile that I keep updated.

There is a message at the bottom of the main profile summary page that says ďPlease check all sections of your profile for accuracy.Ē

Is this a generic reminder or do you think it was checked and they found an inaccuracy?

Also, did you all list your High School under the education section? It has a check box to indicate HS graduation, not sure if itís necessary to add the school.

Just curious. I have looked over this app so many times itís starting to blur together.

Thanks everyone!

BigWillyCapt
03-10-2018, 02:01 PM
I think it's a general statement. It's always been there as far as I know.

And I did not list my High School and they didn't say anything about it.

flensr
03-10-2018, 06:55 PM
Yes it's a generic notice to check for accuracy. They changed up some questions and have been making a bunch of hiring changes behind the scenes, and some stuff got scrambled a few months ago. Don't forget to make sure your application on the southwest.com career site matches your pilotcredentials info as well.

I don't think they want high school details, just the checkbox.

NarcolepticAV8R
03-16-2018, 10:04 AM
Itís official from the pilot credentials website the application window will be 3/26-4/8. Good luck everyone!

HwkrPlt
03-17-2018, 04:25 AM
If you have an app in from a previous window, and its still showing as "active", do you need to apply again?

PotatoChip
03-17-2018, 06:54 AM
If you have an app in from a previous window, and its still showing as "active", do you need to apply again?

Yes. Apply every window.

Tbpilot06
03-17-2018, 07:21 AM
Yes. Apply every window.

Does a person become more qualified applying to every window? Iím just wondering if the computer keeps track of it and when you apply to a certain number of windows do you get looked at? Or if you are bypassed for a window are you basically being told you donít ever qualify?

BigWillyCapt
03-17-2018, 07:31 AM
Someone more knowledgeable than I can probably chime in, but it's my understanding that you need to apply in every window because they purge the applications in some way. You will always have your PC up to date but if you don't apply to the SW application while it's open, you most likely won't get a call. You could apply in 10 windows in a row but if you don't apply in this one you won't be considered.

slimothy
03-17-2018, 07:39 AM
Does a person become more qualified applying to every window? Iím just wondering if the computer keeps track of it and when you apply to a certain number of windows do you get looked at? Or if you are bypassed for a window are you basically being told you donít ever qualify?

Assuming youíre still flying and building hours, you should be getting more competitive. Build quals and hours, keep applying.

Tbpilot06
03-17-2018, 07:41 AM
Someone more knowledgeable than I can probably chime in, but it's my understanding that you need to apply in every window because they purge the applications in some way. You will always have your PC up to date but if you don't apply to the SW application while it's open, you most likely won't get a call. You could apply in 10 windows in a row but if you don't apply in this one you won't be considered.
That makes more sense to me thanks. If you miss any previous window do they bypass you ? Or is it all about the current window ?

Bizkit
03-17-2018, 03:47 PM
My availability is 10 months away. My pilot credentials app is about 95% complete, but I wonít have my Class 1 complete until a few days after the window closes. Should I take a chance and apply, or will I be doing more harm than good applying without meeting all the requirements?

slimothy
03-17-2018, 03:48 PM
My availability is 10 months away. My pilot credentials app is about 95% complete, but I wonít have my Class 1 complete until a few days after the window closes. Should I take a chance and apply, or will I be doing more harm than good applying without meeting all the requirements?

It wonít do any harm, Iíd say. But I think itíd be an exercise in futility.

flensr
03-17-2018, 05:40 PM
My availability is 10 months away. My pilot credentials app is about 95% complete, but I won’t have my Class 1 complete until a few days after the window closes. Should I take a chance and apply, or will I be doing more harm than good applying without meeting all the requirements?

I think you should meet all requirements before you apply. If you're going to be competitive immediately (current in your aircraft, enough hours, etc), have your resume and application professionally reviewed BEFORE your first application window submission. If you have errors in your first application and get an interview anyhow, you'll be stuck trying to explain your errors/corrections during the interview process instead of chatting with your interviewers about how cool it'll be to fly for SWA. So get your app reviewed BEFORE you even apply during an app window.

BarrySeal
03-17-2018, 07:22 PM
I think you should meet all requirements before you apply. If you're going to be competitive immediately (current in your aircraft, enough hours, etc), have your resume and application professionally reviewed BEFORE your first application window submission. If you have errors in your first application and get an interview anyhow, you'll be stuck trying to explain your errors/corrections during the interview process instead of chatting with your interviewers about how cool it'll be to fly for SWA. So get your app reviewed BEFORE you even apply during an app window.

Silly question but how does one do this ? You supposedly can only "apply" during open window times. How do we get someone to review our app ? Give them the password to Pilot Credentials ?

sorry for the questions but if I am asking them I bet 20 more are also wondering but not asking

Bizkit
03-17-2018, 07:56 PM

This is what I thought, just didnít know if there were any advantages to an early publish date. I actually have the Checked and Set review scheduled as well, but will be after the window closes. Final question, how does the SWA app on the website differ from the Pilot Credentials app? I guess Iíll find out in a week, but just curious if the differ significantly.

slimothy
03-17-2018, 08:14 PM
Silly question but how does one do this ? You supposedly can only "apply" during open window times. How do we get someone to review our app ? Give them the password to Pilot Credentials ?

sorry for the questions but if I am asking them I bet 20 more are also wondering but not asking

You pay a company to review it. I used checked and set, but there are many out there, some who specialize in SWA apps.

slimothy
03-17-2018, 08:15 PM

Good points. Youíd hate to get the interview then not get the offer because you donít meet quals, then be locked out for a year. I withdraw my previous advice.

flensr
03-17-2018, 09:15 PM

Call Rebekah Krone, www.careertakeoff.com. She has a whole process you can go through to prepare you for interviews, not just SWA although she does specialize in SWA prep. You can print your pilotcredentials app to pdf file and send it to her along with your resume. She can talk you through the whole process, and the first phone call where she or her staff explains this stuff is free, no obligations.

Other prep services do the same thing. You send them your resume and a pdf file of your application, and then they tailor your prep to what they see in your application.

edit: I used checked and set, which helped polish up my applications. Rebekah Krone helped me a lot with the actual interview process, but she will also do the same stuff that checked and set does with regards to checking your resume and application. Both are good services, Rebekah will do all of it, checked and set focuses on applications so if you have apps out at multiple companies then it wouldn't hurt to have them review your apps too. That said, SWA will probably try to figure out if they are your primary target or if you'll bail out if United or Delta give you a call. They all want to know that, because training someone who turns around and quits is a huge waste of money/effort and SWA intentionally hires compatible personalities, in addition to their basic qualifications requirements.

flensr
03-17-2018, 09:24 PM
This is what I thought, just didnít know if there were any advantages to an early publish date. I actually have the Checked and Set review scheduled as well, but will be after the window closes. Final question, how does the SWA app on the website differ from the Pilot Credentials app? I guess Iíll find out in a week, but just curious if the differ significantly.

If I recall correctly, you can set up your profile on the SWA website right now. When the window opens, it just lets you submit what you've already filled out. I might be remembering incorrectly but I thought I could set up the SWA hiring profile before the window opened. The SWA careers website is pretty simple, a short questionnaire with stuff like are you legal to work in the US, maybe a way to attach a resume, nothing too hard. You need to make sure everything matches your pilotcredentials app, especially your email address, so your apps match up.

BarrySeal
03-17-2018, 10:14 PM
Call Rebekah Krone, www.careertakeoff.com (http://www.careertakeoff.com). She has a whole process you can go through to prepare you for interviews, not just SWA although she does specialize in SWA prep. You can print your pilotcredentials app to pdf file and send it to her along with your resume. She can talk you through the whole process, and the first phone call where she or her staff explains this stuff is free, no obligations.

Other prep services do the same thing. You send them your resume and a pdf file of your application, and then they tailor your prep to what they see in your application.

edit: I used checked and set, which helped polish up my applications. Rebekah Krone helped me a lot with the actual interview process, but she will also do the same stuff that checked and set does with regards to checking your resume and application. Both are good services, Rebekah will do all of it, checked and set focuses on applications so if you have apps out at multiple companies then it wouldn't hurt to have them review your apps too. That said, SWA will probably try to figure out if they are your primary target or if you'll bail out if United or Delta give you a call. They all want to know that, because training someone who turns around and quits is a huge waste of money/effort and SWA intentionally hires compatible personalities, in addition to their basic qualifications requirements.

Thank you

what about the "everyone who used prep didn't pass the interview" stuff you see out there

slimothy
03-17-2018, 10:18 PM
Thank you

what about the "everyone who used prep didn't pass the interview" stuff you see out there

Checked an set just reviewed your app, makes sure everything is in order, and suggests language/wording that best highlights your attributes, they donít prep you for your interview.

If you do interview prep (which I did, and got the job) make sure they are helping you frame YOUR stories and answers in a way that best brings out who you are, and that they arenít filling your head with canned answers.

BarrySeal
03-17-2018, 10:21 PM
Checked an set just reviewed your app, makes sure everything is in order, and suggests language/wording that best highlights your attributes, they donít prep you for your interview.

If you do interview prep (which I did, and got the job) make sure they are helping you frame YOUR stories and answers in a way that best brings out who you are, and that they arenít filling your head with canned answers.

thank you. Will likely go with Ms. Krone once I am a year from availability (2020). Getting my logbooks, LOR contacts, etc in order now. Also reviewing B737 type rating vendors

flensr
03-17-2018, 10:21 PM
Thank you

I can't really speak to that, since it didn't happen to me. I will say that the approach Rebekah and her team use does not lead a candidate to use canned answers. Her approach is how to ensure your own personality and experiences come through while minimizing distractions caused by avoidable errors in the application and interview process.

They didn't even ask me if I'd used a prep service. I'm not sure if that was a compliment or a critique (could ANYONE be THAT odd all by themselves? haha) but it simply didn't come up. A few techniques I got from the prep service helped me turn the interview from a Q&A session into a fun conversation between senior and junior members of the same community. Nothing magical about it, but to a certain degree you can determine the outcome of your interview in the 15 second walk from the waiting room to the interview room. Is that cheating? I don't think so. It's about taking every opportunity you have to engage your interview team instead of playing verbal ping-pong for an hour. That's what I got out of the prep. Well, that plus some help making sure I had my paperwork squared away so I didn't have to waste time explaining discrepancies or errors or "weird" stuff in my application.

slimothy
03-17-2018, 10:35 PM
thank you. Will likely go with Ms. Krone once I am a year from availability (2020). Getting my logbooks, LOR contacts, etc in order now. Also reviewing B737 type rating vendors

Iíve heard nothing but good things about her.

I highly recommend Crew Pilot Training for you 737 Type. They do a great job getting you through. When I did mine we used 2 facilities in Miami (Osn Am Intnl Sviation Institute and a Boeing building), but I think they are using a facility in Vegas now.

Best of luck!

Sierra Hotel
03-18-2018, 01:23 PM
Concur on CPT for the 737 type. I did mine at the Pan Am simulator facility in Vegas --great program. Very much a firehose, UPT-style, but gets you through in minimum time (and expense if you use Post 9/11 GI Bill)

TurboDog
03-20-2018, 05:47 AM

Just throwing it out there. If your app gets pulled they WILL compare the date your app gets pulled and compare it to the date you got your class 1. They will compare the app against all certificates and qualifications during the interview. If they see that you claimed you had the class 1 when you filled out the app when in fact you didn't, you will be questioned about it. Very similar situation happened to a friend and they made a big deal about it in his interview. He didn't get the job.

To them it looks like you are dishonest in order to get the interview.

Westpac15
03-22-2018, 01:51 PM
Does anyone have an idea when the next window will open? Mid-March possibly?

March 26 - April 8

Lotsof Blue
03-24-2018, 06:00 AM
Wondering, after getting a TBNT post interview, is it bad form to re-apply before the year is up? Or does it make little difference until the year has passed? I re-applied in the last window, a couple of weeks short of the one year mark. The next window is after the one year.

MartyMoose
03-24-2018, 08:56 AM
https://i.imgur.com/wh9Oeze.jpg?1

drivinghome
03-25-2018, 09:14 AM
https://i.imgur.com/wh9Oeze.jpg?1

Was this taken at the WIA conference?

NarcolepticAV8R
03-25-2018, 02:53 PM
Does anyone know what time the window opens? Midnight? 8 am?

WacoQCF
03-26-2018, 02:28 AM
Does anyone know what time the window opens? Midnight? 8 am?

SWA stayed at WIA - just apply during the window. Do not think you have to apply within 10 seconds of the opening to get the first shot.

cf105
03-26-2018, 04:15 AM
What is the June 16 Recruiting event?

Smooth at FL450
03-26-2018, 07:18 AM
What is the June 16 Recruiting event?

In-House recruiting event in Dallas.

Smooth at FL450
03-26-2018, 07:19 AM
Wondering, after getting a TBNT post interview, is it bad form to re-apply before the year is up? Or does it make little difference until the year has passed? I re-applied in the last window, a couple of weeks short of the one year mark. The next window is after the one year.

Not bad form at all. Shows continued interest.

Minimums
03-26-2018, 08:42 AM
Did they say at WIA how to sign up for the Recruiting Event?

Smooth at FL450
03-26-2018, 08:46 AM
Did they say at WIA how to sign up for the Recruiting Event?

Itís likely to be by invitation this year based on your pilot credentials profile. The lottery system allows valuable slots to be used up by college students or others who simply arenít qualified yet for the job.

CantStayAway
03-26-2018, 09:43 AM
I had an app on file as of the last window and when I go to Pilot Credentials now it asks me to fill out the questionnaire to verify qualifications. On the first page it asks for name, address, and email. When I hit submit it says thereís already an account with my email address. How do I login as a returning applicant? I donít see anything anywhere that says, ďlog back inĒ or something similar.

ASI215
03-26-2018, 11:52 AM
I'd guess over Christmas, at least that's what happened last year.

Opened this morning

BarrySeal
03-26-2018, 12:40 PM
For the MIL dudes, how far out from availability are you applying to SWA

Squallrider
03-26-2018, 02:10 PM

Iím not military but I believe they want no more than 120 days from interview to class but someone can correct me.

MartyMoose
03-26-2018, 02:34 PM

From WAI briefing: Show on your app earliest available date and they will decide when to call you in and keep applying at each window. No time limit.

BarrySeal
03-26-2018, 03:10 PM
From WAI briefing: Show on your app earliest available date and they will decide when to call you in and keep applying at each window. No time limit.

thank you...

flyingmonkeys
03-27-2018, 05:44 AM
Does Southwest want a cover letter attached to the resume? And if so who do I address it to?

Smooth at FL450
03-27-2018, 09:37 AM
Does Southwest want a cover letter attached to the resume? And if so who do I address it to?

No...

Filler

Prop Job
03-27-2018, 01:03 PM
Anybody else's app for the current window go straight to "closed complete" upon submission?

longeron
03-28-2018, 10:27 AM
First time post here, sorry if this is a dumb question. From my understanding, to apply for this SWA window, I need to complete my SWA pilot credentials profile as well as sign up for a profile on the SWA website. I have done both of these. As surprise to me, I received an email today that I was not selected for consideration at this time. Now for my question, is it typical to receive an email this early in the application window? Based on my understanding of my qualifications, I would be surprised to see a rejection letter this early. Makes me wonder if I did something wrong with my app. Any suggestions? I meet all SWA requirements, current/qualified USAF pilot with over 1500 PIC fighter hours.

SrfNFly227
03-28-2018, 11:25 AM
Anybody else's app for the current window go straight to "closed complete" upon submission?

Not mine. Shows "Received Submission" for this window and the one from December.

Lotsof Blue
03-28-2018, 02:08 PM
Not mine. Shows "Received Submission" for this window and the one from December.

Same here.

btodd77
03-28-2018, 02:57 PM

Mine shows "received submission" for this window and the December window.

Caledon
03-28-2018, 05:55 PM

Same here...

longeron
03-28-2018, 06:22 PM
Mine also says "closed/complete". I also received an email today that said "After careful consideration of all information you provided, you were not selected at this time." I was surprised to get an email this soon (even though it wasn't what i wanted to hear).

flensr
03-28-2018, 06:56 PM

That might be your hint to get your app reviewed by a professional, see if there are any errors or omissions in there that might get your application closed instead of remaining in review status. Lots of resources out there, from "simple" resume and application review to full-up application through interview prep.

It could be something as simple as a typo in your hours making it so the numbers make no sense or don't meet minimum requirements. Or it could be something else entirely that you're just not seeing. Spend some bucks to get it scrubbed by someone with a good success record. Lots of recommendations in here, like CareerTakeoff.com

bright yellow
03-29-2018, 01:08 AM
A silly question. I can only find the pilot credentials and not the SWA company application. I understand is that one must complete both application in order to apply, is this correct?

CaptYoda
03-29-2018, 04:01 AM
Yes. Link to the application is on the Southwest Careers page.

slough
03-29-2018, 04:56 AM
Are interview invites still going out, or does everything stop until this requisition closes?

flyingmonkeys
03-29-2018, 02:21 PM

Where are you guys seeing this? On pilot credentials on the bottom of homepage mine says "active". Is there a submit button or does it just "go live" when you select save??

Formerbuspilot
03-29-2018, 02:33 PM
Where are you guys seeing this? On pilot credentials on the bottom of homepage mine says "active". Is there a submit button or does it just "go live" when you select save??

Itís on the careers page of the SW site where you log in to apply,.... I think. Not the credentials page.

flyingmonkeys
03-29-2018, 03:06 PM
Itís on the careers page of the SW site where you log in to apply,.... I think. Not the credentials page.
Thanks. Mine says "you are currently submitted for this job". I guess that's good.

trip
03-29-2018, 03:12 PM

Ditto, with a email saying Thanks for applying.

Dhood84
03-29-2018, 03:20 PM
How many from this window are you guys projecting?

DH

ATIS
03-30-2018, 10:31 AM
Any info on where the new hires came from?

part 135, Regional, frax?

flensr
03-30-2018, 10:33 AM

In my vast 3 weeks of experience here, it seems like new hires are coming from just about everywhere.

Flitestar
03-30-2018, 04:32 PM
Have any you folks seen many new hires over 40 years old recently, by any chance?

ZapBrannigan
03-30-2018, 04:35 PM
Have any you folks seen many new hires over 40 years old recently, by any chance?

Yo.

https://gph.is/2xE3IIq

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

USMCF18
03-30-2018, 04:59 PM
Same here.

Cysco4120
03-30-2018, 05:12 PM

Many guys hired over 40 recently. Just to give you an example after looking at the seniority list there were 3 new hire classes in March. Roughly 45 pilots hired were over 40. In the March 27 class 19 of 24 were over age 40 and the senior pilot in that class turns 61 this year. So donít worry about age.

Flitestar
03-30-2018, 08:05 PM
Thanks Cysco, much appreciated.

BarrySeal
03-30-2018, 08:15 PM
I also heard 50 year old dudes also.

SWA has always hired "diverse age ranges" to avoid what happened over at AA

...hiring "only young guys" that "fit a certain profile" bit AA in a$$ in early 90's when they had a huge hiring spree, circa 1990ish.

The 30 year old then, all 5,000 of them, is, drum roll, 58 today.

All 5,000 of them

Lotsof Blue
03-31-2018, 07:29 AM
I also heard 50 year old dudes also.

SWA has always hired "diverse age ranges" to avoid what happened over at AA

...hiring "only young guys" that "fit a certain profile" bit AA in a$$ in early 90's when they had a huge hiring spree, circa 1990ish.

The 30 year old then, all 5,000 of them, is, drum roll, 58 today.

All 5,000 of them
I turn 56 this summer. I'll gladly volunteer as the token old guy :D

at6d
03-31-2018, 09:05 AM
My class of 26 in 2015 had half over 40. I was the middle guy in class, and 40.

Psycho18th
03-31-2018, 12:54 PM
I was buried in the bottom half of my class at 42. Takes a long time to get the experience theyíre looking for, so not many spring chickens in training.

I wonder if itís cheaper to hire older guys as well. Fewer years paying at the top of the scale?

Flitestar
03-31-2018, 01:57 PM
I showed up to the Southwest WIA area last year, all of them were really nice, and the CA in the recruiting team that I spoke with one on one had generally good things to say about my application. I ticked all the boxes, total time, B737 experience, tpic on the 73, college degree, etc, never heard a peep. I was 39 back then, thought maybe being at 40 now could be a deterrent, glad to hear “older” guys and gals are being picked up. Fingers crossed.
Thanks y’all.

Hellafo
04-01-2018, 08:35 AM
B737 experience, tpic on the 73.

I was hoping this would give you an edge on the application process. Maybe someone else can chime in on how much emphasis they put on candidates who have experience on the 737.

Hella.

slimothy
04-01-2018, 08:52 AM

Current junior class is about half prior military, some with a few months at a regional, 1 from jetBlue. There are a few NetJets and corporate guys, 1 from Spirit, 1 from Frontier, and the rest from regionals.

slimothy
04-01-2018, 08:54 AM

The youngest in the junior class is mid 30s, 34, I think. The oldest is 60, came from frac. At 42 yrs old, Iím on the young side of the group.

Flitestar
04-01-2018, 01:19 PM
I was hoping this would give you an edge on the application process. Maybe someone else can chime in on how much emphasis they put on candidates who have experience on the 737.

Hella.

I thought the same, but no luck. I do know SW loves checkairmen, I am not, maybe that trumped the 737 stuff.

Regardless, Iím staying positive, good things coming! 👍

FettyWap
04-01-2018, 03:45 PM
Military guys usually get commissioned in late May (whole academy classes and a ton of regular ROTC guys). Buy the time they get ready to retire, they have 60-90 days of terminal leave to use. So there is probably a glut of new military retirees in March through the early summer months. Most of them are early to mid 40ís. Maybe this is why the classes seem older.

WHACKMASTER
04-02-2018, 03:36 PM

Hella.

Less than F-16 time.

flensr
04-03-2018, 06:17 AM
Less than F-16 time.

Use up a lot of sticks beating that drum :)

HwkrPlt
04-03-2018, 03:21 PM
When I was doing interview prep, the guy I was talking to seemed to be "in the know" and hasn't heard of anyone under the age of 30 hired in SWA recently.

Battery Bus
04-03-2018, 03:35 PM
When I was doing interview prep, the guy I was talking to seemed to be "in the know" and hasn't heard of anyone under the age of 30 hired in SWA recently.

January had two new hires under 30 in class

Fuseplug
04-03-2018, 03:39 PM
If my math is correct, there are about a dozen guys/gals under 30 on the seniority list right now. All hired within the last year(ish).

HwkrPlt
04-03-2018, 03:40 PM
January had two new hires under 30 in class

I guess he isn't in the know, then.....

flyingmonkeys
04-03-2018, 03:54 PM
So is there a submit button on pilot credential? I have all the green check marks, is that good enough? I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Edit. I found my answer under the Q+A section

moflyer
04-03-2018, 04:07 PM

There were none in my class last year. Iím 35 and was the third youngest in my class.

Peacock
04-03-2018, 04:37 PM

As already stated, there are a handful of people under 30. Most classes the youngest is 33-34ish though, with a spread up to upper 50ís and occasionally 60ís

ZapBrannigan
04-03-2018, 05:57 PM
As already stated, there are a handful of people under 30. Most classes the youngest is 33-34ish though, with a spread up to upper 50ís and occasionally 60ís

Hereís an artists rendering of what we expect one of the 40 year old newhires to look like on the day they can finally hold Captain...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/af8dbb50ae0247ec9011d002b86cde28.jpg

Rolf
04-03-2018, 10:16 PM
Not very realistic. Too skinny.

Fuseplug
04-04-2018, 12:12 PM
Not very realistic. Too skinny.

Yup. FO would be able to get a full swing of up-elevator during the flight control check. Fake news.

Twinjetav8r
04-04-2018, 03:49 PM

He needs to check more. My class had a 28 year old from a commuter. We also had a 54 year old from a fractional. The rest were 30ís to 40ís.

Sberry
04-04-2018, 07:48 PM
Do you have to have an internal recommendation to get an interview ?

barabek
04-04-2018, 09:33 PM

No. Internal recommendations are not even looked at until the review board after your interview. I have never had one and I'm here, and I know I'm not alone.

Squallrider
04-05-2018, 05:12 AM

No you donít, but when you get the interview they ask for 3 internals, whether on not that effects anything at that point is anyoneís guess Iím sure there are ppl without them. I recommend getting on LinkedIn , chances are you have people youíve flown with or known you st southwest

barabek
04-05-2018, 06:36 AM
No you donít, but when you get the interview they ask for 3 internals, whether on not that effects anything at that point is anyoneís guess Iím sure there are ppl without them. I recommend getting on LinkedIn , chances are you have people youíve flown with or known you st southwest

They ask for 3 recommendation letters, not internals. They should be from people who know you and flew with you to attest your character and flying skills (ideally). Those are the 3 people they will call after your interview as part of the background check. These obviously can be Southwest employees, but by no means it's a requirement. As I mentioned before, I had 0 internal recs and I know plenty of others like me.

NarcolepticAV8R
04-07-2018, 04:20 PM
I applied to the current window that closes 4/8. What are my chances?

12,000 TPIC
17,000 TT
CRJ LCA
Clean record

Been on the CRJ since 2001 captain since 2004. Will that hurt my chances?? Any interview advice I would greatly appreciate. Specifically how to answer ďwhy so much time, why now?Ē

Iím thrilled and humbled at the thought of working for the best airline out there.

Thank you!

at6d
04-07-2018, 04:24 PM

12,000 TPIC
17,000 TT
CRJ LCA
Clean record

Been on the CRJ since 2001 captain since 2004. Will that hurt my chances?? Any interview advice I would greatly appreciate. Specifically how to answer ďwhy so much time, why now?Ē

Iím thrilled and humbled at the thought of working for the best airline out there.

Thank you!

I think your quals look good. Good luck.

HwkrPlt
04-07-2018, 04:30 PM

12,000 TPIC
17,000 TT
CRJ LCA
Clean record

Thank you!

I highly suggest you spend the time and money on a resume and application review. I did, and they made my resume look 100, and caught some small errors I made on my app.

NarcolepticAV8R
04-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Thank you. I consider it an honor and privilege simply to interview. Been in this 121 world since pre-9/11. Grew up on a farm and I know what itís like to scoop manure. I consider it time now to ďgraduateĒ from the regional and move on. I want to help them crush their competitors and have fun doing it :)

slimothy
04-07-2018, 04:59 PM
Thank you. I consider it an honor and privilege simply to interview. Been in this 121 world since pre-9/11. Grew up on a farm and I know what itís like to scoop manure. I consider it time now to ďgraduateĒ from the regional and move on. I want to help them crush their competitors and have fun doing it :)

So you already have an interview? Then your quals and hours are good to go. Show up, be positive and sociable, make sure your paperwork is in order. Best of luck to you!

NarcolepticAV8R
04-07-2018, 05:17 PM
Havenít interviewed yet but hoping to get an interview from this window. If not Iíll keep trying.

BigWillyCapt
04-07-2018, 06:05 PM
Your stats are similar to mine. Regional CA/LCA, 13,000 TT, 10,000 TPIC no blemishes other than early primary checkride failures. I applied in the last window, got the interview and the job.

Best of luck to you.

cousteau808
04-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Has anyone gotten hired from the large cargo airlines, namely UPS/FDX recently? Would they take someone from one of these airlines if they were competitive for the job-- or has it been mostly RJ/military hiring?

Night flying is getting old.:eek:

Proximity
04-09-2018, 06:22 AM
Has anyone gotten hired from the large cargo airlines, namely UPS/FDX recently? Would they take someone from one of these airlines if they were competitive for the job-- or has it been mostly RJ/military hiring?

I've never heard of anyone coming from UPS or FDX because usually the flow is the other way. Quite a few ex-SWA pilots at FDX right now. I'd have a long think about why that is before making a move UPS/FDX to SWA. Take a look at how early our AMs start and how late our PMs end, how much we block per year, and how many legs per day we fly compared to the cargo carriers. SWA is a great place to work, just want to make sure you understand what it is before you make a lateral move you might regret.

PotatoChip
04-09-2018, 07:43 AM

Two of my buddies at SWA said that they would leave SWA for one company... FedEx. Both have over a year on property.
Take that for what it's worth.

Peacock
04-09-2018, 08:25 AM
I know of guys with offers from FedEx who chose SWA, but havenít heard of someone leaving

slough
04-10-2018, 10:55 PM
Are invites already going out from the most recent app window?

FlyingPirate
04-10-2018, 11:43 PM
I had a new hire FO in my jumpseat about 6 months ago who left UPS as a 4 year FO. Sometimes it's not all about money.

Squallrider
04-11-2018, 04:05 AM
I had a new hire FO in my jumpseat about 6 months ago who left UPS as a 4 year FO. Sometimes it's not all about money.

I agree, along with that though cargo in general is a very different lifestyle, often not friendly to family life

CaptYoda
04-11-2018, 04:16 AM
Maybe this too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtRVxoQddk4

tm602
04-11-2018, 06:08 AM
Maybe this too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtRVxoQddk4

Now you're talkin' NetJets.

rvfanatic
04-11-2018, 06:11 AM

I got an invite on 21 March so it seems they should be complete with invites by now but I can't be certain.

JetDoc
04-11-2018, 09:49 AM
I got an invite on 21 March so it seems they should be complete with invites by now but I can't be certain.

Well, considering the latest window opened on 26 March I would say that your invite came from a previous one.

InigoMontoya
04-11-2018, 11:21 AM
I am in the most recent app period and havenít heard anything yet.

rvfanatic
04-11-2018, 12:32 PM
Well, considering the latest window opened on 26 March I would say that your invite came from a previous one.

My bad, wasn't tracking the new window. Cheers

JTCB1
04-11-2018, 06:00 PM
Same. Applied this most recent window and still hopefully awaiting glory!

Squallrider
04-12-2018, 05:05 AM
My invite came almost three months after app window so never Give up

Fgrosoli
04-12-2018, 08:15 AM
My invite came almost three months after app window so never Give up

I applied on first opening day in December and got the invitation on Jan 30th so almost 6 weeks later

Pilotjc12
04-13-2018, 04:29 AM
Hi guys~ When would be the next ďopen windowĒ? Any ideas? Thanks.

NarcolepticAV8R
04-13-2018, 06:19 AM
Hi guys~ When would be the next ďopen windowĒ? Any ideas? Thanks.

Probably last week of June but I could be wrong. It seems to be consistently quarterly.

J1180
04-13-2018, 03:24 PM

I'm curious as well. I'm hopeful...

Pilot1227
04-14-2018, 08:49 PM
I'm curious as well. I'm hopeful...

Yes- my friend received one two days ago.

ZapBrannigan
04-16-2018, 02:02 PM
Is the window closed? Buddy of mine just decided to apply.

Twinjetav8r
04-16-2018, 05:11 PM
Is the window closed? Buddy of mine just decided to apply.

I think it closed April 8th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Squallrider
04-17-2018, 05:30 AM
Make sure you hours are accurate as they snapshot your hours when they send invite and any discrepancies will be brought up in your interview

BigWillyCapt
04-17-2018, 07:47 PM
In my logbook review they had a printout of PC from maybe 5 days prior. Being obsessive, I was making changes right up to the night before. They were all minor so no big deal. In my case, it seemed they were mostly looking to check the boxes to make sure I met the minimums. 2500tt, 1000 pic, type rating, etc.

Squallrider
04-18-2018, 03:11 AM
In my logbook review they had a printout of PC from maybe 5 days prior. Being obsessive, I was making changes right up to the night before. They were all minor so no big deal. In my case, it seemed they were mostly looking to check the boxes to make sure I met the minimums. 2500tt, 1000 pic, type rating, etc.
Going up in numbers is good, down is questioned but yea I got that feeling too

NDTC3
04-19-2018, 07:22 AM
Previous applications went Closed-Complete fairly quickly, and this one still shows Received Submission. Any ideas what might be different on this attempt? Scene 1, take 3...

Caledon
04-19-2018, 09:55 AM
Previous applications went Closed-Complete fairly quickly, and this one still shows Received Submission. Any ideas what might be different on this attempt? Scene 1, take 3...

I was curious as well. The last two windows I've applied both still are showing Received Submission. In the past when I've applied to the new window the previous goes Closed Complete...

Lotsof Blue
04-19-2018, 03:23 PM
I was curious as well. The last two windows I've applied both still are showing Received Submission. In the past when I've applied to the new window the previous goes Closed Complete...

Same here, two most recent are in rec'd submission. All others closed complete, except one from 2016; it still shows RS.

JetDoc
04-19-2018, 03:23 PM

Mine have always lingered in the "received submission" state also until the next window opened then the previous one would turn into "closed complete" except this time which is my 4th attempt. Like you, it currently shows the most recent application and the one from December as "received" so I don't know what that means either. What I do know though is 2 people that I know personally were hired as part of the window last December.

Omnivorous
04-26-2018, 12:42 PM
3400 TT
1700 Pt. 121
850 TPIC (current corporate)
Mgr of Safety
Bachelors with high GPA
MBA with high GPA

Would WN give me the time of day?

flensr
04-26-2018, 12:52 PM
3400 TT
1700 Pt. 121
Mgr of Safety
Bachelors with high GPA
MBA with high GPA

Apply and find out. It costs nothing to apply every application window, although you would probably want someone to review your application and resume to make sure you don't accidentally trigger something negative by mistake.

It took me 3 windows to get invited out and it takes some people a lot longer than that so just keep your application updated and apply each window until you get an invite.

Tbpilot06
04-26-2018, 02:25 PM
3400 TT
1700 Pt. 121
Mgr of Safety
Bachelors with high GPA
MBA with high GPA

I have all the same except 8000 TT and 1800 TPIC plus Chief pilot and Director of Ops positions .... clean record.. no invite in last 5 windows

flensr
04-27-2018, 01:19 PM
I have all the same except 8000 TT and 1800 TPIC plus Chief pilot and Director of Ops positions .... clean record.. no invite in last 5 windows

You're the kind of applicant who really needs a professional app/resume review, if you haven't gotten one already. It could be as simple as a typo in your email address on the SWA careers account, or a yes answer when you really meant no.

Squallrider
04-28-2018, 09:46 AM
Good luck to everyone waiting :)

https://www-bloomberg-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-04-26/southwest-jet-order-to-give-boeing-its-biggest-737-max-fleet

V12Merlin
04-30-2018, 03:22 AM
You're the kind of applicant who really needs a professional app/resume review, if you haven't gotten one already. It could be as simple as a typo in your email address on the SWA careers account, or a yes answer when you really meant no.

Who would you guys recommend to do that??

flensr
04-30-2018, 05:05 AM
Who would you guys recommend to do that??

Rebekah Krone at careertakeoff.com is very good for SWA, application/resume review and interview prep. Checked and set checkedandset.net is good for application and resume review, and has a deal for reviewing 2 applications and a resume so you can have one airlineapps and one pilotcredentials app reviewed, which should cover both of the major application websites.

slough
04-30-2018, 02:08 PM
Is buying the 73 type still working for people? I feel like I gotta be close to getting the call, maybe that puts me over the hump.

Warhawg01
04-30-2018, 02:30 PM
I think that was true maybe 12-18 months ago, but multiple reports of the hiring dept telling folks now to not get one. Does that mean it doesnít add to your score? No one can say.

04-30-2018, 07:52 PM
Is buying the 73 type still working for people? I feel like I gotta be close to getting the call, maybe that puts me over the hump.

Rocky told us at the job fair thingy that they prefer people who do NOT have the type already as then "they don't have to retrain them to fly the right way"

slimothy
05-01-2018, 12:55 PM

13 of 26 in my class have it. I think 4 in 26 is a more typical number, but Iíd say it canít hurt if you can afford it.

Ohlsan
05-01-2018, 08:58 PM
13 of 26 in my class have it. I think 4 in 26 is a more typical number, but Iíd say it canít hurt if you can afford it.

Of those 13 how many have just the type but no time other then the course?

Thanks

slimothy
05-02-2018, 05:29 AM
Of those 13 how many have just the type but no time other then the course?

Thanks

4 have flown the NG, and one guy flew the classic, which doesnít give him too much of an edge so far, as itís a whole different beast.

HwkrPlt
05-02-2018, 05:58 AM
Good luck to everyone waiting :)

https://www-bloomberg-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-04-26/southwest-jet-order-to-give-boeing-its-biggest-737-max-fleet

Are those for expansion or replacement?

Smooth at FL450
05-02-2018, 06:24 AM
Are those for expansion or replacement?

Yes.

Likely a mix of both but initially mostly growth. Expanding the fleet in 2018 by 40+ tails back up to our pre-classic retirement numbers. Some of our -700s are getting pretty old and their retirements are not too far off. I'm not aware of specific replacement numbers tho.

e6bpilot
05-02-2018, 06:43 AM
Yes.

Likely a mix of both but initially mostly growth. Expanding the fleet in 2018 by 40+ tails back up to our pre-classic retirement numbers. Some of our -700s are getting pretty old and their retirements are not too far off. I'm not aware of specific replacement numbers tho.

I had a company guy on the Jumpseat and he spoke about the older 700s getting the axe. At some point dispatch reliability and maintenance hits a break even and it is better to get a replacement aircraft. He said that we are primarily getting gently used 700s from foreign operators for that purpose since they are generally cheap and have lower cycles.
Next time you have a 700 with something not quite SWA about it (puttied over wiper switch, three position strobe switch) google itís registration history. Itís usually pretty interesting.
I think those Maxes are mostly growth airframes, but that remains to be seen with public filings and fleet numbers.
After having training recently and seeing that new training center, I canít help but wonder what the heck is going on around here. That place is very un-SWA.

HwkrPlt
05-02-2018, 06:49 AM
Yes.

Cool, thanks.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1