Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Total noob

apu4eva
12-01-2017, 02:41 PM
Hey guys! Just got hired and this is my first 121 gig. As such, I have a few questions if y'all don't mind.(Some of these will probably seem pretty ridiculous but all I've ever done is 91/135 corporate flying.) Curious as to what everyone generally packs in their bags. I'm assuming just clothes to change into when one gets to the hotel and Dopp kit, etc? Also, on the company issued iPad, are we only allowed SWA approved apps on there? Do most people take their own iPad as well? Are guys allowed to read/play games on iPads in cruise? When on the road, how do you find out where the hotel we are supposed to stay in? Do we have to pay for our own uniforms? I should probably just chill; I'm sure all of these will get answered. I am just curious because there are so many things that I have no idea how they all work. Anyway, thanks in advance and please, be gentle.:o

ZapBrannigan
12-01-2017, 03:57 PM
Hey guys! Just got hired and this is my first 121 gig. As such, I have a few questions if y'all don't mind.(Some of these will probably seem pretty ridiculous but all I've ever done is 91/135 corporate flying.) Curious as to what everyone generally packs in their bags. I'm assuming just clothes to change into when one gets to the hotel and Dopp kit, etc? Also, on the company issued iPad, are we only allowed SWA approved apps on there? Do most people take their own iPad as well? Are guys allowed to read/play games on iPads in cruise? When on the road, how do you find out where the hotel we are supposed to stay in? Do we have to pay for our own uniforms? I should probably just chill; I'm sure all of these will get answered. I am just curious because there are so many things that I have no idea how they all work. Anyway, thanks in advance and please, be gentle.:o

I pack 3 days worth of clothes including gym shorts and t-shirts. I wear one uniform shirt and pack another (sometimes 2 more in the summer). One extra pair of uniform pants. I have a small ďemergency pharmacyĒ with things like antacids, pain relievers, nasal spray, cough drops in case I start feeling bad on the road. Things you donít normally think of like an extra pair of shoe laces in case mine breaks. I also bring emergency food like a package of ramen noodles, peanut butter, and a Cliff bar or two. I bring a backup headset (just the companyís Telex 850) in case mine breaks so I donít have to use the backup one on the plane.

Load whatever apps you want on the iPad. You will fly with aluminum foil hat guys who do everything including taping over the camera on the iPad. That isnít really necessary. When youíre in training stop by the EFB office and have Amy show you what the company can see. It isnít much.

CrewBuddy is a GREAT app to have on your phone, especially when you are on reserve and you are new. Itíll show you what hotel you are staying at, any discounts we get there, and most importantly, where to pick up the van!

Yes youíll pay for your uniforms unfortunately. Welcome to the company! We are glad youíre here! Itís entirely different than part 91 in almost every way. Some better... some not so much. Generally the pros outweigh the cons though.

I flew for a Fortune 500 during the lost decade and you couldnít get me to go back. Sure, there are things I miss. But 99% of things are way better here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apu4eva
12-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Thanks man! Iím super stoked about it. Got my class date for 2/6, unless someone bows out before. The forums have been super helpful to me wrapping my brain around all of this. Any advice for training?

ZapBrannigan
12-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Nope. Just show up and do the fire hose thing. Youíll be surprised at how much LESS youíll be required to know about the airplane than you did at Flightsafety or Simuflight. Enjoy your time in Dallas. Make sure to give your mind a break now and again. Go see a movie. Go home if you have the time. Make friends with somebody who has a car. Make time to try Hard 8 BBQ and Cane Rosso Pizza.

e6bpilot
12-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Zap hit the nail on the head. My personal packing list is three civvy shirts (at least one collared), a pair of jeans, shorts in the summer, sneakers, flip flops, swimsuit, PJ pants, gym shirt and shorts, then however many days I am gone plus one of socks, underwear, and T-shirts. I am a commuter, though, hence the plus one. I bring one pilot shirt and a backup (rarely need it in the winter) and only one pair of slacks although zap is probably smart to bring two.
In my other bag I have some food, ice, a cup, headset, granola bars, ibuprophen, sudafed, charger, flashlight, fork and spoon, hotel sewing kit, iPhone charger battery, ear plugs, headphones, and various and other sundry items that I have found useful along the way.
You will figure it out.
Training is mostly easy as long as you apply yourself a moderate amount. My liver suffered way more than my brain.

apu4eva
12-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Man awesome info! Zap I was thinking the same thing about FlightSafety as I have been going through the pre-study material and I LIKE IT! It seems like they focus on actually flying the plane instead of spending what always seemed to me in inordinate amount of time on systems. I'm from and live in Texas and will be commuting as well. Hard 8 BBQ is legit! What is the dress code when commuting? Is there one? Why bring two shirts in summer as opposed to winter, because of sweating? E6B why bring your own cup? How do you bring ice and food?
(Told ya I was a noob lol) I can't tell you guys how much I'm looking forward to NOT having to load bags in the summer heat while wearing dress pants. I don't mind doing that stuff, just not in dress pants and having to try and look nice while sweating my a$$ off. I know it will vary but how many legs a day do y'all do in general? Thanks again for the info, its really helping me out.

hoover
12-01-2017, 07:27 PM
Best way Iíve heard someone explain the training is ďget ready for 4 weeks of training crammed into 8 weeksĒ . Seriously itís long, repetitive, occasionally wrong if youíve ever flown anywhere else. But thatís how we do it at SW.
that being said they will use every resource they can to get you through. Take breaks, go home on weekends, enjoy a deck party or two. But remember as a SW legend Lou said to our class ďyou worked really hard to get here. Work just as hard to stay hereĒ.

e6bpilot
12-01-2017, 08:43 PM
To answer your question above, I have a tote that doubles as a passable cooler. I bring fruit, yogurt, granola, pre packaged Trader Joeís salads, and leftovers and eat them on the road. Not everyone does this, I would say about half bring some sort of food setup. I found that it helps me keep weight off and saves money. If I fly international legs at the start of a trip or an all Mexico kind of trip, that doesnít happen since customs will take it all. I keep it cold with a wal mart pharmacy ice bag and ice from hotel ice makers. I usually bring enough to supplement 2 to 3 meals and snacks along the way. That way I still enjoy food on overnights but may eat meals while I fly or sitting in the lounge before or after a commute. I also bring either oatmeal or breakfast bars for breakfast since I am a PM flyer and usually donít want to emerge from my room prior to noon.
I bring a yeti style cold cup because I donít like drinking water out of the cans and I prefer it cold during the summer especially. My tote has a pocket for it on the side which makes it easy.
Again, this is just what works for me and it has evolved over 3.5 years on the line.

As far as a commute uniform, the only thing required for the jumpseat is no shorts, sneakers, or t shirts. Jeans are fine. Same for the training center except you can wear your Jordans there.
Best of luck in training and enjoy yourself.

apu4eva
12-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Interesting! Is there any particular brand of bag or size y'all recommend? You mentioned the lounge, are there employee only lounges in most airports? If one doesn't pack food, do we usually have time to run into the terminal and grab a bite? Do we have time to eat in the terminal, or does one person buy for the crew and bring it back to the ship? Hoover what is a deck party? Yeah, they had the cans available to us during the interview; really threw me for a loop as I didn't realize that is what they use on the plane. I'd just always seen the cups. Thanks again for all the info!

Laramie
12-02-2017, 12:01 PM
The 737 is louder than you expect. The union sometimes has a deal with Bose for a real headset. You can buy a bag at the uniform shop. Bring any bag you want for training. Lounges in crew bases. Deck party is a HQ thing. The healthy people bring their own food. Otherwise, ask the captain to make a run.

Relax.

ZapBrannigan
12-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Clarity Aloft is a good headset for the 737 too. The Telex 850 they provide just isnít quiet enough.

And itís pretty rare that there isnít time for both pilots to go pick up food on a turn. The turns are pretty lengthy these days. No employee cafeterias at this company but there is a food truck on the ramp in Vegas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ihateusernames
12-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Zap...you're telling me you wear the same shirt for 3 days and maybe bring 1 extra yet you pack extra pants? Wtf. The shirt is the thing that gets the most dirty. Wtf.

I bring a clean shirt, undershirt, underwear and socks per day. The pants last a whole trip. Jesus.

boog123
12-02-2017, 01:23 PM
Interesting! Is there any particular brand of bag or size y'all recommend? \

Please don't type "y'all", pretty please.

apu4eva
12-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Can we use any headset or does it have to be company approved? I like the sound of a deck party! I'll chill with the questions. Like I said Laramie, I'm a little excited.

ZapBrannigan
12-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Zap...you're telling me you wear the same shirt for 3 days and maybe bring 1 extra yet you pack extra pants? Wtf. The shirt is the thing that gets the most dirty. Wtf.

I bring a clean shirt, undershirt, underwear and socks per day. The pants last a whole trip. Jesus.

I try to make a uniform shirt last two days in the winter. So I bring 2 or 3 with me depending on time of year. In the summer I have one for each day.

I bring extra pants Incase I split the seams in the rear, or the zipper breaks, or I spill my Potbellyís wreck on them while trying to balance it on my lap in the airplane.

Once while working for brand X I accidentally sat on a seat that had chocolate on it in PIT. Flight attendant told me there was a brown stain on my pants. Nope. Never again. Now I always carry an extra pair. [emoji37]

Laramie
12-02-2017, 02:02 PM
Can we use any headset or does it have to be company approved? I like the sound of a deck party! I'll chill with the questions. Like I said Laramie, I'm a little excited.

To tell you the truth, I don't know the rules on the headset. Just know there are options and the 73 is loud compared to non-Boeing jets.

As to Zap's dilemma. An old FA trick: club soda and ladies sanitary napkin. Works fantastically and doesn't leave lint on your behind.

Oh, almost forgot, unless you are nearing retirement, MOVE TO THE F'ING BASE and have a life.

at6d
12-02-2017, 04:02 PM
As has been said, jess hang loose blood.

You donít have to worry about any of those issues until you are about to deploy online.

The one thing I remember you may want to consider is ordering a jacket fairly soon after you start training. The company approved stuff can take a while.

The company headset is free. Makes a difference for some during the first year.

You donít have to buy the Luggage Works M1 Abrams bag. There are other options like Strong Bags, Costco, etc that are cheaper and still high quality.

As for food during line ops, you will figure it out. No matter what, if you need to eatódo it. Even if it means telling the captain ďI need food before I can go.Ē We are all on board with this.

Above all, enjoy your time in school. You will meet great people. Go downstairs, have some beers with your classmates. Relax and take the training as it comes.

Welcome!

No sense in making it hard.

hoover
12-02-2017, 07:07 PM
I have a strong bag cooler. I pack all my breakfast and lunches in there for the whole trip plus snacks. I eat one meal a day out for something to do. In that bag I can fit my documents, flashlight, iPad and headset as well as other smaller items. It sits up front with me.
Some guys can fit all their meals in there. Itís up to you what you want to do/eat on the road. The bag paid for itself in a week from. It eating airport food. That and I eat every few hrs so itís a pain to constantly be worried about food. (Iíll delay a flight for food)

WHACKMASTER
12-03-2017, 06:07 AM
Clarity Aloft is a good headset for the 737 too. The Telex 850 they provide just isnít quiet enough.

And itís pretty rare that there isnít time for both pilots to go pick up food on a turn. The turns are pretty lengthy these days. No employee cafeterias at this company but there is a food truck on the ramp in Vegas.

Until the day we get crew meals on every duty period there will ALWAYS be time to go get food......on time departure or not.

WHACKMASTER
12-03-2017, 06:10 AM

Ease up man. It works for him. Try some heavy starch on your shirts or have the dry cleaners apply it. Theyíll look good even after 3 days.

tr4a
12-03-2017, 07:39 AM
Every crew base has a Lounge. The hotels and phone numbers are on the pairings.

tr4a
12-03-2017, 07:40 AM
Any TSO'd headset.

PowerShift
12-03-2017, 09:14 AM
There is a huge community fridge at the training center kitchen area. Bring a lunch cooler for your daily food if thatís your food that you can purchase there is kind of spendy.

I went shopping and made my lunch, packed snacks and drinks etc.

RadarColor
12-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Ease up man. It works for him. Try some heavy starch on your shirts or have the dry cleaners apply it. Theyíll look good even after 3 days.

It "may" look OK but I doubt it smells OK. Do your fellow crew members a favor and put on a clean shirt and underwear every day!

at6d
12-03-2017, 11:44 AM
Does anyone actually not put on clean underwear?! WTF

WHACKMASTER
12-03-2017, 12:06 PM
It "may" look OK but I doubt it smells OK. Do your fellow crew members a favor and put on a clean shirt and underwear every day!

I do. A clean undershirt everyday. I can assure you that I donít stink. Interesting thread drift this is turning out to be.

gipple
12-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Until the day we get crew meals on every duty period there will ALWAYS be time to go get food......on time departure or not.

Amen brother!

RadarColor
12-03-2017, 08:40 PM
I didnít know there was a CFR14 Part 121 procedure on packing clothes.

sailingfun
12-04-2017, 05:49 AM

But will they smell good?

apu4eva
12-04-2017, 09:47 AM
WHACKMASTER, no joke!!

CA1900
12-04-2017, 10:16 AM
If it's clean and smells fine, I don't see the issue in using it for a second day, and have certainly done it myself. A lot of that depends on what the first day was! This week, my first "day" was about three hours between check-in at the jet bridge to check-in at the hotel for one leg in cool weather. I barely made a wrinkle on the shirt, and yes, I used it the next day.

Route123
12-04-2017, 12:04 PM
Not SWA but I wear a new undershirt everyday and wear the work shirt for 2 days if there are no marks or spills. Hell I've even thrown the boat out and worn one for 3 days in a row.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

gipple
12-04-2017, 02:44 PM
I follow the freight dog mantra.
One trip one shirt.

RckyMtHigh
12-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Once SWA starts paying for my dry cleaning, Iíll consider more than one shirt a trip.

Burton78
12-04-2017, 06:18 PM
I do. A clean undershirt everyday. I can assure you that I donít stink. Interesting thread drift this is turning out to be.

To be honest, I'd much rather work with someone that does this than someone who smells like a French w-house. Seriously, save the cologne for your dates!

e6bpilot
12-05-2017, 06:35 AM
To be honest, I'd much rather work with someone that does this than someone who smells like a French w-house. Seriously, save the cologne for your dates!

Yeah I donít get the sex panther thing. Trying to impress the FAís I guess? Too bad you are sitting two feet from a middle aged hairy dude for 6 hours.

Ihateusernames
12-05-2017, 01:05 PM

Maybe he is trying to make you his date.

tm602
12-06-2017, 08:26 AM
Please don't type "y'all", pretty please.

Yankees.....:p

RadarColor
12-06-2017, 11:15 AM
The cologne is to mask the fact that they're wearing the same shirt for the entire trip. Can't imagine what the collar looks like.

Is it really that difficult to pack a couple extra shirts and iron them in your hotel room?

GMAFB

e6bpilot
12-06-2017, 01:08 PM
The cologne is to mask the fact that they're wearing the same shirt for the entire trip. Can't imagine what the collar looks like.

Is it really that difficult to pack a couple extra shirts and iron them in your hotel room?

GMAFB

This whole thing about the shirts is ridiculous. Why do a few guys care so much what other guys shirt wearing habits are?
I change mine when it needs it. Thatís generally after 2-3 days of wear. I wear a new undershirt every day. I donít sweat a lot, even in Summer. I often iron it in the hotel if it is wrinkled. I donít know why since as soon as I get off the van or wear a jacket it is wrinkled again.
If I have a hard day or spill something on it, I change it. No fuss.
When I was in the Navy, I sometimes wore the same flight suit 3-4 days in a row too. Nobody ever said a word about it, even my bluntly honest wife.

dash8driver
12-23-2017, 06:57 AM
If youíre an Amazon Prime member download the Prime Now app. Thereís a warehouse by DAL and they will deliver groceries right to your hotel.

The laundry room has a microwave and toaster oven as well as plates and napkins. The machines take credit cards, $2 a cycle. Thereís also a bunch of paper trainers to practice flows and callouts. Fridge in your room will hold a decent amount of food/beer.

Discount on food and domestic beers at the hotel. FedEx ship on site, really nice gym with a basketball court and indoor track. Like everyone else said, itís a great company, get to know your classmates and have some fun.

EngineOut
12-23-2017, 07:16 AM
If youíre an Amazon Prime member download the Prime Now app. Thereís a warehouse by DAL and they will deliver groceries right to your hotel.

The laundry room has a microwave and toaster oven as well as plates and napkins. The machines take credit cards, $2 a cycle. Thereís also a bunch of paper trainers to practice flows and callouts. Fridge in your room will hold a decent amount of food/beer.

Discount on food and domestic beers at the hotel. FedEx ship on site, really nice gym with a basketball court and indoor track. Like everyone else said, itís a great company, get to know your classmates and have some fun.

Which hotel is it?

dash8driver
12-23-2017, 07:19 AM
They got us at the Hilton Anatole, some classes are at the Marriott right next door.

apu4eva
12-23-2017, 07:59 AM
Yankees.....:p

Ha! Love it! Man thanks for the info on the hotel and Amazon app. I am really ready to get started; 30 days left until my last day at current job so I am enjoying the flying I have left to do; won't get to fly a jet single pilot for a long time after all this. Speaking of, what is the policy of contract flying on our off time? I imagine they don't want us to do it. Is it just a don't talk about it kind of thing that everyone does anyway?

EngineOut
12-23-2017, 08:32 AM
They got us at the Hilton Anatole, some classes are at the Marriott right next door.

I'm thinking about driving out to class. Do we have to pay for parking at the Anatole or Marriott? I think that would change my mind pretty quick if so.

Smooth at FL450
12-23-2017, 08:34 AM
Speaking of, what is the policy of contract flying on our off time? I imagine they don't want us to do it. Is it just a don't talk about it kind of thing that everyone does anyway?

I believe you need your chief pilot's approval for outside flying. Have yet to hear of anyone doing it because they prefer the time off, or if money is the issue, there's way more to be made by picking up a trip at SWA. As a new guy, you'll be able to pick up trips from open time that pay 2nd year rates...so that's likely a minimum $650/day, not including 401k-NEC, sick time accumulation, and profit sharing if you're eligible.

e6bpilot
12-23-2017, 09:31 AM
Plenty of SWA pilots instruct in their off time. Itís more of a hobby than a money making scheme since you can make way more by picking up open time. You donít need anyoneís permission to do part time CFI type stuff. Other than that or maybe something like ferrying planes when you are available, I wouldnít get too hard and heavy into a side gig. Any part 121 or 135 is verboten since it impinges on your legality.

imbroke
12-23-2017, 11:01 AM
I'm thinking about driving out to class. Do we have to pay for parking at the Anatole or Marriott? I think that would change my mind pretty quick if so.

I'm curious about this too. I'm also planning on driving but if we have to pay for parking that could change things.

at6d
12-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Speaking of, what is the policy of contract flying on our off time? I imagine they don't want us to do it. Is it just a don't talk about it kind of thing that everyone does anyway?

There are provisions in place for contract workóspeak to a chief. I know a few that do it (mostly to help out an operator in need).

CA1900
12-23-2017, 11:44 AM
No, there was no charge to park at the Anatole; it's part of the resort package that's included in our rate. Just have to get your room key activated for it, and it'll let you in and out of the gate. If I didn't live on the west coast, I'd have brought a car; it would have made life much easier! It's doable without it using an occasional Uber, but your own car is always nice to have.

One heads up I didn't realize: Any packages sent to the hotel go to that Fedex Office, and they charge a "package receiving fee." I ended up having to pay $15 to pick up an Amazon delivery! I was not amused. To avoid repeating my mistake, there's a 7-11 with an Amazon locker down the street.

imbroke
12-23-2017, 12:11 PM
No, there was no charge to park at the Anatole; it's part of the resort package that's included in our rate. Just have to get your room key activated for it, and it'll let you in and out of the gate. If I didn't live on the west coast, I'd have brought a car; it would have made life much easier! It's doable without it using an occasional Uber, but your own car is always nice to have.

One heads up I didn't realize: Any packages sent to the hotel go to that Fedex Office, and they charge a "package receiving fee." I ended up having to pay $15 to pick up an Amazon delivery! I was not amused. To avoid repeating my mistake, there's a 7-11 with an Amazon locker down the street.

Awesome, thanks!

CA1900
12-23-2017, 12:12 PM
Awesome, thanks!

You bet. Also check out http://www.snapkitchen.com/ -- I got a few meals from them which were pretty tasty. It was nice when we did weekend training, since the HQ cafeteria wasn't open.

Typhoondiver
12-23-2017, 01:05 PM
Ha! Love it! Man thanks for the info on the hotel and Amazon app. I am really ready to get started; 30 days left until my last day at current job so I am enjoying the flying I have left to do; won't get to fly a jet single pilot for a long time after all this. Speaking of, what is the policy of contract flying on our off time? I imagine they don't want us to do it. Is it just a don't talk about it kind of thing that everyone does anyway?
Initially I wanted to do some commercial flying on the side. Talked to my Chief pilot and he pointed me to FOM Chapter 24. Basically says that you need approval by the VP of Flight Ops. I sent a letter to the VP of Flight Ops and got it approved. Shortly thereafter I realized that I am gone enough just by flying my trips.

Skyward
12-23-2017, 01:43 PM
I believe you need your chief pilot's approval for outside flying. Have yet to hear of anyone doing it because they prefer the time off, or if money is the issue, there's way more to be made by picking up a trip at SWA. As a new guy, you'll be able to pick up trips from open time that pay 2nd year rates...so that's likely a minimum $650/day, not including 401k-NEC, sick time accumulation, and profit sharing if you're eligible.

I was curious about doing some contract flying also, but I donít think I want to burn the time. The contract flying pays $1200-1500/day though. However, lack of ASAP protections and being along for the ride at a part91 operator make it a bigger risk, imo.

Sqwk7700
12-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Uber eats is also good if you get sick of hotel food. Reasonable delivery fee to the Anatole from most restaurants.

Smooth at FL450
12-23-2017, 02:56 PM
I was curious about doing some contract flying also, but I donít think I want to burn the time. The contract flying pays $1200-1500/day though. However, lack of ASAP protections and being along for the ride at a part91 operator make it a bigger risk, imo.

Valid concern! This is a job worthy of protecting!

Wingsuit
12-23-2017, 05:01 PM
I'm curious about this too. I'm also planning on driving but if we have to pay for parking that could change things.

I stayed at the Anatole. Parking was included at no additional cost. You just swipe your room key to enter the lot.

TheRealQuixote
12-23-2017, 05:07 PM

Our class dealt with this at the Anatole, and SWA ended up letting us ship stuff to the training center instead fwiw. The Anatole was awesome otherwise!

CA1900
12-23-2017, 06:57 PM
Our class dealt with this at the Anatole, and SWA ended up letting us ship stuff to the training center instead fwiw. The Anatole was awesome otherwise!

Ah, that's great! That was really my only complaint about an otherwise awesome hotel. Glad they found a good solution.

EngineOut
12-23-2017, 07:46 PM
I stayed at the Anatole. Parking was included at no additional cost. You just swipe your room key to enter the lot.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

apu4eva
12-24-2017, 12:55 PM
Yeah thanks for the info bigtime! If I did fly on the side, it would mainly be to help out/fly with friends. That's all awesome info on the hotel!

happygilmore
12-30-2017, 04:54 AM
I'm in a February class. What are your days and weeks like? Start time? Breaks? End time? Weekends? Anybody wearing headsets in sims?
When does spouse travel benefits begin? Can she fly for free to Dallas to visit during training?

nagylyk
12-30-2017, 05:45 AM
I'm in a February class. What are your days and weeks like? Start time? Breaks? End time? Weekends? Anybody wearing headsets in sims?
When does spouse travel benefits begin? Can she fly for free to Dallas to visit during training?
What class are you scheduled for? Iím slotted for 20 Feb.

dash8driver
12-30-2017, 06:03 AM

I started early December and we got a big break for the holiday so your schedule will probably vary. First week we got Sunday off, second week you usually get a full weekend but we only got Saturday. Week 2 was lots of self study so we would usually take off around noon. Youíll also greet the new hires for their dinner, have a senior leadership breakfast, union pizza dinner at the local HQ.

Spouses and children are covered day one for medical. You default to the HSA plan and have 30 days to choose your benefits. Your first day of class your spouse can come with you which is a big help because honestly all of the benefits go in one ear and out the other. Make sure you bring birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc to help expedite adding them into the system. I even had to show our insurance declaration to prove my wife and I live together. They were added to my travel benefits within 6-8 days if I remember.

happygilmore
12-31-2017, 07:12 AM
Naglylk, I'm also in the Feb 20th class. Planning on driving down from STL. Thanks dash8drver for the info. I'll be sure to bring documents.

apu4eva
12-31-2017, 09:39 AM
Anyone know if travel benefits cover step children? I'll be in the Feb 6 class but am on the short list if anyone bails for the Jan 9 and 16th classes.

CA1900
12-31-2017, 10:41 AM
Anyone know if travel benefits cover step children?

Yes they do. Natural, step, and adopted children are all eligible for travel and other benefits.

tm602
12-31-2017, 10:52 AM

NutJets used to put us in there. Loved that hotel. Plenty to do nearby once you run out of hotel to explore. Don't let the wife bring her charge card!

nagylyk
12-31-2017, 12:15 PM
Naglylk, I'm also in the Feb 20th class. Planning on driving down from STL. Thanks dash8drver for the info. I'll be sure to bring documents.
Awesome man! Iíll see you down there!