Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Why would you come to Republic?

busdriver123456
12-01-2017, 03:32 PM
I do not understand why any prospective new hire would even consider working at Republic.

Every other Regional can offer a better compensation package, better work rules, better soft pay, better PTO and a better 401K.

This isn't even included the 3.75 Year upgrade time we have and it's not coming down anytime soon.

This doesn't include the lack of flow and Republic will never ever have flow.

You could go to Endeavor and get a positive space commute from one of the turd bases Republic has if you are considering due to bases.

Hopefully someone has a good reason.

4V14T0R
12-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Nice first post. You were a member for 4 whole minutes before it. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knewyork
12-01-2017, 05:36 PM
I have good quality of life. I live in base. Iím optimistic about the future. Sorry itís not the same for you.

FlyGood
12-01-2017, 06:21 PM
I hate this question but it works here, Why are YOU still at Republic? You say ďweĒ so I assume you work at Republic but you know what they say about assuming. With Envoy offering $40K bonus and immediate upgrade with 121 time, along with Endeavor, Skywest, Horizon, and probably Piedmont and PSA offering pretty much immediate upgrades, if itís so bad, why stay? Heck, the ULCCs would be happy to hire you with no TPIC time. Might not even be forced to make a lateral move.

Kerizbro
12-01-2017, 07:35 PM
No flow was actually one of the plus sides for me.

knewyork
12-01-2017, 07:57 PM
Iím also curious, which regional has better soft pay than us? Min day? No junior manning? No airport standby rsv? Average 14 days off for many people? No 6 leg days? Perhaps itís not as grand if youíre at a senior base. But things are fine for many here.

cf105
12-01-2017, 08:25 PM
Nice first post. You were a member for 4 whole minutes before it. Congrats!

a lifer probably that would love to see hiring go down to zero because he thinks it might be the only way to force management into pay increases. Shouting it on FB wasn't enough.

What I would like to know from Busdriver is more facts and specifics regarding "better work rules, better soft pay, better PTO and a better 401K." I'll add min day, junior manning, ready reserve...??

Comparison RAH vs Envoy, RAH vs Endeavor. especially Envoy....

cf105
12-01-2017, 08:28 PM
I hate this question but it works here, Why are YOU still at Republic? You say ďweĒ so I assume you work at Republic but you know what they say about assuming. With Envoy offering $40K bonus and immediate upgrade with 121 time, along with Endeavor, Skywest, Horizon, and probably Piedmont and PSA offering pretty much immediate upgrades, if itís so bad, why stay? Heck, the ULCCs would be happy to hire you with no TPIC time. Might not even be forced to make a lateral move.

Exactly what I thought. Pretty constructive for a first post.

Crediting 100 hours in the past 3 months with 15 days off.... Just saying.

itsmytime
12-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Where's ironmandfw? This post is Taylor made for a response by him!

busdriver123456
12-02-2017, 09:31 AM
a lifer probably that would love to see hiring go down to zero because he thinks it might be the only way to force management into pay increases. Shouting it on FB wasn't enough.

What I would like to know from Busdriver is more facts and specifics regarding "better work rules, better soft pay, better PTO and a better 401K." I'll add min day, junior manning, ready reserve...??

Comparison RAH vs Envoy, RAH vs Endeavor. especially Envoy....

Not a lifer my time at RAH has gone and passed.
However I will entertain your comparison

EV's soft pay better is as followed.
100% DH Pay
ALL Open Time at 150% or 200%
Min day is 4.0 which is close enough.

PTO is as followed which isn't even close Republic is the WORST in the entire industry. Even Mesa has a better PTO plan.

Republic

EV

EV

Republic Has Ready RSV. They currently aren't using it. It's in the contract which I suggest you get to know.

Pay Rates which are factor #1 are miles better than anyone else.
You get a Delta Interview
UPG is less than a year.

Commuter Policy haha Republic's is a joke 2 times every six months. The company MAY positive space you when they see fit.

EV is unlimited and second attempt is a guaranteed seat to your base.

Republic doesn't have jr manning their per-diem is better and they have a trip and duty rig that is better.

UPG time which should be factor #2 is one of the highest in the industry at 3.75 years.

You should do your own homework. I clearly have. Republic is the WORST choice you can make.

knewyork
12-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Wait a second so just because Republic hasnít matched the newest and greatest regional contract out there, itís the worst place you can go? You do understand the TA was just signed a few weeks ago right? Do you understand anything? Why do you come on here to randomly compare a 2 year old contract (which was at the time one of the best out there) to a not-even-effective-yet contract?

This thread is pointless. Iím really sorry youíre so bitter.

busdriver123456
12-02-2017, 10:50 AM
Wait a second so just because Republic hasnít matched the newest and greatest regional contract out there, itís the worst place you can go? You do understand the TA was just signed a few weeks ago right? Do you understand anything? Why do you come on here to randomly compare a 2 year old contract (which was at the time one of the best out there) to a not-even-effective-yet contract?

This thread is pointless. Iím really sorry youíre so bitter.

When you take into account the entire package it makes Republic the worst. That's why. Is it hard for you to understand that? The contract signed in 2015 brought Republic up to an adequate level. Since then everyone has passed Republic. They have the worst PTO, 401K, Reserve system, and oh yeah how's SAP workin out? Everyone has better than they do. Is the kool-aid that good?

say again
12-02-2017, 10:59 AM
When you take into account the entire package it makes Republic the worst. That's why. Is it hard for you to understand that? The contract signed in 2015 brought Republic up to an adequate level. Since then everyone has passed Republic. They have the worst PTO, 401K, Reserve system, and oh yeah how's SAP workin out? Everyone has better than they do. Is the kool-aid that good?

Why do you care?

knewyork
12-02-2017, 11:04 AM

I donít think you have your facts straight. Are you aware of other regionals QOL besides Republic and Endeavor? Do you know how things are going at commutair? Mesa? Trans states? Gojets? Compass? Expressjet? Do you like that deal skywest has in place for 5 years now? Are you aware of how reserve is at envoy? Average credit per trip for them?

knewyork
12-02-2017, 11:07 AM
This is just a thread made by some guy who was probably fired from RAH or failed training and needs to blow steam. But Iíll play along so you can continue saying silly stuff and confirm your delusional thinking.

ORD170
12-02-2017, 11:13 AM
Donít think we lost any to Endeavor last month, but we did lose 5 to Envoy. Republics contract is certainly not industry leading now, so get your head out of the sand. I doubt the SOC will get pizza next Thanksgiving, after we lose flying due to being unable to staff the right seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ORD170
12-02-2017, 11:19 AM

Republic has always had the worst PTO. Also at Republic you will not have a sick bank, so you use your PTO/ Vacation when your sick. No SAP yet, but theyíre working on it! The contract allows them to cancel SAP after a set time limit anyways, so I donít think we will ever see SAP.

busdriver123456
12-02-2017, 11:21 AM
This is just a thread made by some guy who was probably fired from RAH or failed training and needs to blow steam. But Iíll play along so you can continue saying silly stuff and confirm your delusional thinking.

Wrong I went to mainline. I don't want other people making the same mistake I did by going to RAH and working for 7 years and having zero improvements. Zero career progression when, places like you said C5 are growing with short UPG times and they have the CPP!

I live in a world of facts not emotional feelings.

busdriver123456
12-02-2017, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=knewyork;2476253]I donít think you have your facts straight. Are you aware of other regionals QOL besides Republic and Endeavor? Do you know how things are going at commutair? Mesa? Trans states? Gojets? Compass? Expressjet? Do you like that deal skywest has in place for 5 years now? Are you aware of how reserve is at envoy? Average credit per trip for them?[/QUOTE

Those places were like RAH until CH.11 helped them shrink. Over 250 frames to 188... HaHa Bedford is doing a great job.

Mesa's QOL is bad but yet they are still growing!
Skywest really? a "deal" they can change that whenever they want. stop being uneducated.

Tpinks
12-02-2017, 11:36 AM
Wrong I went to mainline. I don't want other people making the same mistake I did by going to RAH and working for 7 years and having zero improvements. Zero career progression when, places like you said C5 are growing with short UPG times and they have the CPP!

I live in a world of facts not emotional feelings.

How did you go to mainline if we don't have a Flow, CPP or preferential Interview?

This story is sounding fishy, unless you call Spirt or Southwest Mainline...

busdriver123456
12-02-2017, 11:39 AM
How did you go to mainline if we don't have a Flow, CPP or preferential Interview?

This story is sounding fishy, unless you call Spirt or Southwest Mainline...

You apply and get hired. You should try it out. Also ask whoever is doing attrition data there how many have gone on to mainline? Because it's less than you think... Also how many FO's have gone? Not that many! You have a better chance being in the left seat. Very few FO's go to mainline. Even fewer ones that are white male civilians.

seattlepilot
12-02-2017, 11:50 AM
When you take into account the entire package it makes Republic the worst. That's why. Is it hard for you to understand that? The contract signed in 2015 brought Republic up to an adequate level. Since then everyone has passed Republic. They have the worst PTO, 401K, Reserve system, and oh yeah how's SAP workin out? Everyone has better than they do. Is the kool-aid that good?How long have you been in the industry sport? :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

busdriver123456
12-02-2017, 11:54 AM
How long have you been in the industry sport? :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

10 years..grew up in it kid

CptGSXR
12-02-2017, 12:41 PM
So when I saw this thread title I just immediately assumed that the question would be directly related to the new Endeavour contract. If that were to be the case, then I can see a way to have a conversation not just about Republic but every regional and their battle amongst themselves to get new hires. This would generally be good for all, rising tide lifting all ships and what not, without taking into account the possible gutting of the ATP requirements.

But instead it's just a back and forth rant filled post. Don't get me wrong, I've been anti-RAP for a while and get all the same insults about how I must be some interview reject or new hire failure (neither true). Mostly because I also get into the weeds too much and take it personal, but my dislike is toward the entire regional industry and it's B scale scope. So as someone who has tried to learn from past experience, why not just talk about how ALLLLLLLLL the regionals will now have to have in place a plan for flow or pay that makes them attractive to the shrinking pool of pilots we currently have?

Anyone who has worked in this business knows that matching pay will take significant time due to the company/union relationship...tho I might be looking at SkyWest first to see if they are quick to match since they are nonunion. But Envoy and the other WOs and Republic might not see any improvements for years. Remember it was about 8 yrs for RAH to get their last contract since amenable I think. And this current one is 2 years old yes? Might be waiting some time for improvements.

My worthless advice to anyone reading this working on their ATP requirements: Look at the Pay, Upgrade Time, Flow, and Bases. Then make your decision based on what you think is best......and I will make one promise you can absolutely take to the bank. And that is no matter what you choose, something will change and you'll wonder why you didn't choose choice B or C over choice A. It is inevitable, and you will do it your whole career. The only real consolation is that you will likely have an opportunity to make it the majors if you so choose. Unlike many of Regional Captains with 15K+ PIC due to the 'Lost Decade" and can't get hired anywhere.

Taco Cat
12-02-2017, 03:58 PM
Past performance is no guarantee of future returns...
5 years ago ExpressJet had Industry Leading Wages and the best contract for soft pay... Not the place to be today... Comair was closing down...
Republic post bankruptcy is not the same airline of the ď3662 ClubĒ.
If Republic has a base were you live, worth considering.
Poor 401K match, but immediate vesting.
No Junior Manning.
3 year 4 month upgrade and dropping.
No crystal balls in the Regional Industry....
Your mileage may vary....

ORD170
12-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Past performance is no guarantee of future returns...

5 years ago ExpressJet had Industry Leading Wages and the best contract for soft pay... Not the place to be today... Comair was closing down...

Republic post bankruptcy is not the same airline of the ď3662 ClubĒ.

If Republic has a base were you live, worth considering.

Poor 401K match, but immediate vesting.

No Junior Manning.

3 year 4 month upgrade and dropping.

No crystal balls in the Regional Industry....

Your mileage may vary....

If you can live in base at Republic its a good job. Reserve in base makes it easy to make extra cash.

busdriver123456
12-02-2017, 05:12 PM
If you can live in base at Republic its a good job. Reserve in base makes it easy to make extra cash.

I'll give you that. Thats the first made point of why you should come. So if you live in PIT, CMH or IND than you should come other than that. I can't find one.

Brums
12-02-2017, 06:49 PM
I never get any of this talk. All regionals pay suck. Pros, cons whatever. Are you happy being a pilot? If not go work at a bank.

MustangMan
12-02-2017, 07:45 PM
I'll give you that. Thats the first made point of why you should come. So if you live in PIT, CMH or IND than you should come other than that. I can't find one.

What, no love for LaGarba....I mean LaGuardia?

ORD170
12-02-2017, 08:44 PM
What, no love for LaGarba....I mean LaGuardia?

I think he was listing outstations. I think if I wanted to live in NYC area I would look at endeavor or maybe even Commutair. More money as FO and shorter upgrade. If you want to live in CMH, IND, MCI, or PIT, then Republic is probably your best bet.

ORD170
12-02-2017, 08:48 PM
I never get any of this talk. All regionals pay suck. Pros, cons whatever. Are you happy being a pilot? If not go work at a bank.

Thatís what they call fake news these days! The info is on APC for pay rates, but the actual contracts also have soft pay and benefits. Big difference paying 650 for Insurance or 150. Nice to have those commuter hotels and a good commuter clause. Do you like choice hotel brands or Marriott. Sounds like you would fly for minimum wage just to fly. Thatís not a good thing!

busdriver123456
12-03-2017, 07:04 AM
It makes sense thatís about the only reason.

busdriver123456
12-03-2017, 07:07 AM
Thatís what they call fake news these days! The info is on APC for pay rates, but the actual contracts also have soft pay and benefits. Big difference paying 650 for Insurance or 150. Nice to have those commuter hotels and a good commuter clause. Do you like choice hotel brands or Marriott. Sounds like you would fly for minimum wage just to fly. Thatís not a good thing!

Republic doesnít have brand preference on hotels. They donít have a good commuter clause and they donít have commuter hotels. Their insurance caps are no longer in effect so your health insurance is going to go up. My friends that are still there say it did. Republic is a dying airline with no growth in the horizon and zero career advancement.

knewyork
12-03-2017, 07:38 AM
Republic doesnít have brand preference on hotels. They donít have a good commuter clause and they donít have commuter hotels. Their insurance caps are no longer in effect so your health insurance is going to go up. My friends that are still there say it did. Republic is a dying airline with no growth in the horizon and zero career advancement.

So where can I buy a crystal ball? And how do you know where our guys are going when they leave? Youíre just saying made up stuff and I have no idea what it means to you anyway.

busdriver123456
12-03-2017, 08:48 AM
So where can I buy a crystal ball? And how do you know where our guys are going when they leave? Youíre just saying made up stuff and I have no idea what it means to you anyway.

Hereís the ďmade upĒ stuff from the union.
5 total pilots went to United in 2017
33 went to Delta
11 went to American 7 of which were active military fixed wing pilots.
19 CAís went to ups and fedex 2 FOís went to fedex all military. UPS wonít touch you unless your a CA with hours.

Hereís the breakdown of Americans and Unitedís hiring.

United is as followed
50% MIL, 25% Expressjet CPP, 10% total AWI and C5 CPP and 15% OTS civilians.
So good luck being apart of the 15%!

American is
60% flow, 30% MIL, 10% OTS civilian. Even worse luck!!

So unless you want to stay at Republic for life I suggest you go elsewhere.

Sorry facts are hard for you to grasp.

cf105
12-03-2017, 09:07 AM
33 went to Delta
19 CAís went to ups and fedex 2 FOís went to fedex all military. UPS wonít touch you unless your a CA with hours.

Oh my, not sure where you got your numbers but you are missing something important regarding CA's.....:rolleyes: Need some real facts there bud.

busdriver123456
12-03-2017, 09:36 AM
Oh my, not sure where you got your numbers but you are missing something important regarding CA's.....:rolleyes: Need some real facts there bud.

What am I missing thatís the real data Iím sorry itís not what you were sold.

busdriver123456
12-03-2017, 09:42 AM

If you donít believe me email the NC or the Eboard. They track these numbers for a reason. Where do you think I got them from?

knewyork
12-03-2017, 09:43 AM
So thereís no career progression yet you were here and are at mainline now. Ok.

Your obsession with hating republic is bizarre. Go enjoy your new job.

busdriver123456
12-03-2017, 10:00 AM
So thereís no career progression yet you were here and are at mainline now. Ok.

Your obsession with hating republic is bizarre. Go enjoy your new job.

Only because I'm a legacy and I had several hands helping me from the inside. I was born into a golden ticket. Yes I realize that it is what it is. But go somewhere else that gets you to where you want to be. Working at Republic isn't helping you move on.

Flightcap
12-03-2017, 10:33 PM
Considering the number of captains I know in CMH alone who have moved on in the last six months, including one who got an interview email from Delta while he was still an FO, I'm not too worried. But carry on. If you have nothing better to do with your time than complain about how you were at a regional for seven years (~2008-2011 hire date, unfortunate timing much?) than I guess we stand to get some entertainment from this thread.

busdriver123456
12-04-2017, 05:19 AM
Considering the number of captains I know in CMH alone who have moved on in the last six months, including one who got an interview email from Delta while he was still an FO, I'm not too worried. But carry on. If you have nothing better to do with your time than complain about how you were at a regional for seven years (~2008-2011 hire date, unfortunate timing much?) than I guess we stand to get some entertainment from this thread.

That's great however the data says if you want to go to Mainline than Delta is your best chance.

33 total people left for Delta in 2017 so far. May the odds be forever in your favor?

This thread was made so a potential NH sees this and sees the facts not what PTAT lies to them about.

say again
12-04-2017, 06:58 AM
This thread was made so a potential NH sees this and sees the facts not what PTAT lies to them about.

One day you'll be the spearhead for your cause!

Flightcap
12-04-2017, 10:04 AM
That's great however the data says if you want to go to Mainline than Delta is your best chance.

33 total people left for Delta in 2017 so far. May the odds be forever in your favor?

Where have you been all this time? What inspired you to suddenly pop out of the woodwork as a heroic crusader for truth? What have you been doing lurking for the last seven years? This smells of troll.

Greyhound1
12-04-2017, 11:15 AM

If you live in CMH you would you go Republic or go PSA and make the drive to DAY or CVG?

busdriver123456
12-04-2017, 12:19 PM
If you live in CMH you would you go Republic or go PSA and make the drive to DAY or CVG?

PSA Short UPG they actually have SAP and you will UPG in far less time than RAH. Also you have flow if nothing else works.

ORD170
12-04-2017, 02:27 PM

United stopped interviewing, but should start back soon. Plenty of Republic guys moved on to UA last year. Not many to AA, but a few. Most have went to Southwest and Delta though.

ORD170
12-04-2017, 02:30 PM

No idea what PSA contract looks like, but living in base in CMH for Republic you could make 60k if you pick up OT. Just be aware the trips start very early (0500) and finish very late (2330).

Flightcap
12-04-2017, 02:36 PM
No idea what PSA contract looks like, but living in base in CMH for Republic you could make 60k if you pick up OT. Just be aware the trips start very early (0500) and finish very late (2330).

The majority of trips do. However, I have found success bidding for earlier release times. For my December CMH line my latest release time is before 6 pm. All of my trips do have very early shows. I've been here just over two years and am in the top third of the FO seniority list in CMH.

The Republic vs. PSA discussion has been had at great length in this thread:

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/republic-airline/108180-republic-psa.html

ORD170
12-04-2017, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=Flightcap;2477457]The majority of trips do. However, I have found success bidding for earlier release times. For my December CMH line my latest release time is before 6 pm. All of my trips do have very early shows. I've been here just over two years and am in the top third of the FO seniority list in CMH.

Sounds right, but depends on how much money he wants to make. All the FOs Iíve flown with who lived in CMH and were based there loved it.

Flightcap
12-04-2017, 04:02 PM
Sounds right, but depends on how much money he wants to make. All the FOs Iíve flown with who lived in CMH and were based there loved it.

You're right. I bid max days off and release times and so forth rather than high credit. 17 days off is pretty nice and hard to give up even for more money. :)

Shoreduty
12-04-2017, 04:26 PM
33 went to Delta

Hereís the breakdown of Americans and Unitedís hiring.

United is as followed
50% MIL, 25% Expressjet CPP, 10% total AWI and C5 CPP and 15% OTS civilians.
So good luck being apart of the 15%!

American is
60% flow, 30% MIL, 10% OTS civilian. Even worse luck!!

There are ZERO active duty pilots at Republic. I did a career on active duty. You canít be active duty and fly for an airline. That part of this thread is absolutely wrong.

I am now a FO at Republic and glad I came here. Everybody makes there own choices based on whatís important in their eyes.

TheWeatherman
12-04-2017, 05:36 PM
OP definitely a Troll who still works at Republic despite what he/she says. My guess is to try to sway current contract negotiation in some way.

knewyork
12-04-2017, 08:02 PM
OP definitely a Troll who still works at Republic despite what he/she says. My guess is to try to sway current contract negotiation in some way.

Something is weird about it. Small parts of the numbers presented are true, others are false and misleading. Also donít know how heíd get numbers from a union heís not part of. Or why heíd care.

Can someone just close this thread?

Flightcap
12-05-2017, 02:25 AM
Something is weird about it. Small parts of the numbers presented are true, others are false and misleading. Also donít know how heíd get numbers from a union heís not part of. Or why heíd care.

He might still be a member of the Facebook page. We have an amazingly knowledgeable and smart union committee member with lots of hiring data that shares his information there. But even so, your last question still stands......why would OP start caring enough to be posting now, not years ago? Again. Troll....

busdriver123456
12-05-2017, 05:05 AM
There are ZERO active duty pilots at Republic. I did a career on active duty. You canít be active duty and fly for an airline. That part of this thread is absolutely wrong.

I am now a FO at Republic and glad I came here. Everybody makes there own choices based on whatís important in their eyes.

No one said active duty. You simply implied that. I said military pilots.

busdriver123456
12-05-2017, 05:06 AM

All of the numbers are correct. Would you care to point out the ones that are incorrect and state what the actual number is?

busdriver123456
12-05-2017, 05:09 AM
He might still be a member of the Facebook page. We have an amazingly knowledgeable and smart union committee member with lots of hiring data that shares his information there. But even so, your last question still stands......why would OP start caring enough to be posting now, not years ago? Again. Troll....

Because I had two people ask me where there child should go to. It made me think why people are still considering a job at Republic. It makes zero sense unless you live in MCI, CMH, IND or PIT.

busdriver123456
12-05-2017, 05:13 AM
You're right. I bid max days off and release times and so forth rather than high credit. 17 days off is pretty nice and hard to give up even for more money. :)
Letís see I was getting 16 days off everything commutable and having over 100 hours of pay while making more as an FO than I ever did as a CA at RAH. Not to mention my retirement is far higher I have ample sick and vacation time. Quality health insurance. Donít give yourself an excuse. Get out the grass is greener on the other side.

Flightcap
12-05-2017, 05:26 AM
Let’s see I was getting 16 days off everything commutable and having over 100 hours of pay while making more as an FO than I ever did as a CA at RAH. Not to mention my retirement is far higher I have ample sick and vacation time. Quality health insurance. Don’t give yourself an excuse. Get out the grass is greener on the other side.

I wasn't stating an argument for not moving on to mainline. It goes without saying that mainline is a better job than a regional. I was responding to a different poster. My seventeen days off home by supper time with the 20th through 28th of December off (no vacation used) schedule comment was about what sort of schedule a new hire could expect at RAH after about two years on property.

Re: "getting out." I have just a few goals for my career - single income family, reasonable job security, and a schedule with the most time at home possible. If I were staying in CMH my entire career, Republic would satisfy that goal better than any other company. The grass is greener here in CMH than I could find anywhere else as long as I live here. I am moving soon and will have to commute, however, so my apps are going in over the next few months. I don't want to commute to this employer or any other regional if I can help it. That breaks up my career goals too much.

busdriver123456
12-05-2017, 05:55 AM
I wasn't stating an argument for not moving on to mainline. It goes without saying that mainline is a better job than a regional. I was responding to a different poster. My seventeen days off home by supper time with the 20th through 28th of December off (no vacation used) schedule comment was about what sort of schedule a new hire could expect at RAH after about two years on property.

Re: "getting out." I have just a few goals for my career - single income family, reasonable job security, and a schedule with the most time at home possible. If I were staying in CMH my entire career, Republic would satisfy that goal better than any other company. The grass is greener here in CMH than I could find anywhere else as long as I live here. I am moving soon and will have to commute, however, so my apps are going in over the next few months. I don't want to commute to this employer or any other regional if I can help it. That breaks up my career goals too much.

Itís a solid point living in base and maximizing your time at home is huge. Itís your family and you know whatís best for that no one else can make that choice for you. Iím sorry you have to move thatís tough on everyone. Hopefully itís for the best?

Flightcap
12-05-2017, 06:58 AM
Itís a solid point living in base and maximizing your time at home is huge. Itís your family and you know whatís best for that no one else can make that choice for you. Iím sorry you have to move thatís tough on everyone. Hopefully itís for the best?

It's voluntary. Great job for my wife and the chance to be close to family. Everything we could want other than having to commute!

ORD170
12-05-2017, 10:00 AM

His numbers are not correct. He is picking and choosing the data. He could get it from FB, but something tells me heís still here.

Oh and first post!!!

ORD170
12-05-2017, 10:02 AM
No one said active duty. You simply implied that. I said military pilots.

Lol seriously!!!

I think you did

busdriver123456
12-05-2017, 10:21 AM
His numbers are not correct. He is picking and choosing the data. He could get it from FB, but something tells me heís still here.

Oh and first post!!!

Iím still waiting for someone to correct me. The data is correct. You havenít addressed which data you think is incorrect.

knewyork
12-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Iím still waiting for someone to correct me. The data is correct. You havenít addressed which data you think is incorrect.

You conveniently left out the southwest hiring numbers

KCaviator
12-05-2017, 11:00 AM
10 years..grew up in it kid

Oh, so you're one of those 10-year captains that just finally made it to mainline? What better way to celebrate than making an APC profile to talk sh*t about your previous employer.

cf105
12-05-2017, 11:36 AM
Oh, so you're one of those 10-year captains that just finally made it to mainline? What better way to celebrate than making an APC profile to talk sh*t about your previous employer.

LOL :D:D:D He might still be here, maybe he's really gone? but in any case he's obviously trolling the FB page and definitely one of those guys who moves on ha ha ha. On a mission to stop the hiring at Republic and a mission to screw with growth, upgrade and careers of people he used to apparently (or still does) called colleagues. One of those that take a sh!t in his own backyard. what a small minded person.

Crown
12-05-2017, 02:51 PM
Here's the reality - for those of us that have moved on from RAH, we really cannot fathom how anyone can justify not trying to get out of that company. Any of us that have moved on and seen how the other side lives cannot believe what we were forced to endure at that company. La Quintas in some of the shadiest areas of town, schedulers who went out of their way to make life miserable, CPs who deliberately tried to destroy careers, sim instructors who used the sim for their own personal vendettas, pilots who used the 170 as their own personal Ferrari and are still employed, horrible trips that start early, end late, and on and on and on.

I've talked with my friends who have moved on from RAH and we all basically conclude that "my worst day at (insert legacy) is better than my best day at RAH." If you truly believe that you have it good at RAH, you don't know what good is. And you can justify it all you want with "I can't take the paycut" or "I have a good QOL". You have no idea what a good QOL is, and if you can't cut your pay a few bucks an hour, you've horribly mismanaged your finances. Stop pretending that you somehow have it better than you do.

knewyork
12-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Here's the reality - for those of us that have moved on from RAH, we really cannot fathom how anyone can justify not trying to get out of that company. Any of us that have moved on and seen how the other side lives cannot believe what we were forced to endure at that company. La Quintas in some of the shadiest areas of town, schedulers who went out of their way to make life miserable, CPs who deliberately tried to destroy careers, sim instructors who used the sim for their own personal vendettas, pilots who used the 170 as their own personal Ferrari and are still employed, horrible trips that start early, end late, and on and on and on.

I've talked with my friends who have moved on from RAH and we all basically conclude that "my worst day at (insert legacy) is better than my best day at RAH." If you truly believe that you have it good at RAH, you don't know what good is. And you can justify it all you want with "I can't take the paycut" or "I have a good QOL". You have no idea what a good QOL is, and if you can't cut your pay a few bucks an hour, you've horribly mismanaged your finances. Stop pretending that you somehow have it better than you do.

Yet again, no one is saying this is as good as a legacy. No one said that. However for the time being, as we all build resumes to get to there, Republic is fine for a lot of us. I also havenít dealt with anything that you mentioned. I know that kind of stuff happened but not Iím my experience in 2 years. Also, good QOL is subjective. This is definitely better than my previous job hauling boxes in the Nantucket fog for 14 hours a day with no time for anything other than work and sleep.

With that said, we need a new contract to survive. We are definitely under paid and many aspects of our current contract need work.

CptGSXR
12-05-2017, 06:53 PM
With that said, we need a new contract to survive. We are definitely under paid and many aspects of our current contract need work.

The Reverend has said he will not sign another contract that will put the company in Bankruptcy again. Take it for what's that's worth.

sflpilot
12-05-2017, 07:25 PM

Don't give me flashbacks. I really do blame myself though for not getting informed ahead of time on that nightmare operation. Although in those years APC was not what it is today.

ORD170
12-06-2017, 09:33 AM
The Reverend has said he will not sign another contract that will put the company in Bankruptcy again. Take it for what's that's worth.

Not sure he said that, but that sounds like him. Most of the ďnew guysĒ, hired since culture change, just donít get it. The same dear leader is in charge. The only reason you are treated well now, is because they need pilots. Yes in good times Republic will treat you great, but when the economy tanks or a national emergency happens you will see their true colors. How many pilot furloughs since 9/11? 4 Did they stall for a new pilo contract? Did they ever furlough out of seniority? YES Did they displace pilots from Hawaii with little notice or time to move? YES Did they placard a seat on a 100 seat airplane to prevent paying a fair wage to pilots? YES

FlyGood
12-06-2017, 09:37 AM
But but but...NEW IPADS!!!! :D

ORD170
12-06-2017, 09:49 AM
But but but...NEW IPADS!!!! :D

Fantastic Christmas bonus. Maybe they have changed their ways. Oh and you still get the $175 after tax Christmas bonus to pay for the data plan. But seriously I bet we have a contract before summer. Iím hearing $20 a hour raise for everyone, and a flow to VIA Airlines.

ORD170
12-06-2017, 10:19 AM
LOL :D:D:D He might still be here, maybe he's really gone? but in any case he's obviously trolling the FB page and definitely one of those guys who moves on ha ha ha. On a mission to stop the hiring at Republic and a mission to screw with growth, upgrade and careers of people he used to apparently (or still does) called colleagues. One of those that take a sh!t in his own backyard. what a small minded person.

You put way to much faith in APC, or even the union. When Republic has maxed out the signing bonus (not even close now), and H-1B visas, then maybe worry. If it gets that bad, then they will cut a deal with the teamsters to push through a below industry contract, and when that fails they will threaten bankruptcy and probably stop upgrades. Then they will draft a contract and inform the pilot group they must approve it, or the company will go bankrupt. Now if the pilots vote this down I would worry, because they will most likely declare bankruptcy, which would be bad.

But seriously doesnít every other regional have a shorter upgrade now? Endeavor has much better pay and they just upgraded a guy in new hire training. Unless you live in a outstation or republic is your career destination, then what do you really have to lose?

cf105
12-06-2017, 02:08 PM
You put way to much faith in APC, or even the union. When Republic has maxed out the signing bonus (not even close now), and H-1B visas, then maybe worry. If it gets that bad, then they will cut a deal with the teamsters to push through a below industry contract, and when that fails they will threaten bankruptcy and probably stop upgrades. Then they will draft a contract and inform the pilot group they must approve it, or the company will go bankrupt. Now if the pilots vote this down I would worry, because they will most likely declare bankruptcy, which would be bad.

But seriously doesnít every other regional have a shorter upgrade now? Endeavor has much better pay and they just upgraded a guy in new hire training. Unless you live in a outstation or republic is your career destination, then what do you really have to lose?

H1B visas, at RAH? Have we started?

Whether you drive to an outstation or a hub, who cares, you drive to work. Doesn't matter what it is.

Upgrading at Envoy for $65/hour? No thanks, I like my QOL too much and as long as I can enjoy driving to work my 17 days off per month and 90hr/credit average (good luck getting that at Envoy), enjoying proper domestic flying with a good amount of international instead of the real regional 4-legs day, 1.5 hours max legs, I will be enjoying my QOL.

The only other regional I would go for - for QOL reason - would be Endeavor because the the potentially rapid upgrade (for Part 121 pilots with 1,000+) hours and the CA pay rate (the company doesn't want to guarantee you that you will upgrade within 3-5 month, they tell you "we cannot guarantee but it happens"). I wouldn't go change my QOL and have to commute to a ****ty base (a crash pad with 15 other guys in MSP, DTW, NY, no thanks) for only $5 extra per hour.

As a new hire - QOL doesn't mean too much to someone under the age of 30 nowadays - I would definitely choose 9E over RAH because of the extra $ for similar QOL. RAH still doesn't use ready reserve and doesn't have Junior manning - Did you see the healthcare plans?

As far as RAH going for another BR and kill the company, pass a below standard contract, lol. Yes, I love the armageddon scenarios, but for what? what's their point doing that and committing suicide? Why would they bother the hassle when they could have killed it already and be gone with multi-million severance package. Why even bother going a bit longer.

Let's not forget that we are partially owned (62%) by 3 airlines that seriously need our flying and who do not want to be held by the balls by their WO and need Skywest, Compass, Mesa, RAH and others to keep control of their WO pilot groups.

You, know you might be very correct on all of this and we might go down the gutters of commercial aviation, becoming a (still flying and still hiring and still paying pilots, Mesa) but you sound like all the same APC guys who were shouting "theanti-christ is coming, run, run, run, it's over" when we went into BR. So many were so sure this was going to be Pinnacle 2.0 with 7 years of reserve, 10 years of upgrade. Funny how it did actually went as company had predicted.

This company knows very well that it has to match 9E's pay and improve things in the CBA if they want to be able to deliver flying for their partial-owners/clients in the Summer. They don't have too many months left to react and control their future. Let's see what they do.

ORD170
12-06-2017, 02:57 PM
H1B visas, at RAH? Have we started?

Whether you drive to an outstation or a hub, who cares, you drive to work. Doesn't matter what it is.

Upgrading at Envoy for $65/hour? No thanks, I like my QOL too much and as long as I can enjoy driving to work my 17 days off per month and 90hr/credit average (good luck getting that at Envoy), enjoying proper domestic flying with a good amount of international instead of the real regional 4-legs day, 1.5 hours max legs, I will be enjoying my QOL.

The only other regional I would go for - for QOL reason - would be Endeavor because the the potentially rapid upgrade (for Part 121 pilots with 1,000+) hours and the CA pay rate (the company doesn't want to guarantee you that you will upgrade within 3-5 month, they tell you "we cannot guarantee but it happens"). I wouldn't go change my QOL and have to commute to a ****ty base (a crash pad with 15 other guys in MSP, DTW, NY, no thanks) for only $5 extra per hour.

As a new hire - QOL doesn't mean too much to someone under the age of 30 nowadays - I would definitely choose 9E over RAH because of the extra $ for similar QOL. RAH still doesn't use ready reserve and doesn't have Junior manning - Did you see the healthcare plans?

As far as RAH going for another BR and kill the company, pass a below standard contract, lol. Yes, I love the armageddon scenarios, but for what? what's their point doing that and committing suicide? Why would they bother the hassle when they could have killed it already and be gone with multi-million severance package. Why even bother going a bit longer.

Let's not forget that we are partially owned (62%) by 3 airlines that seriously need our flying and who do not want to be held by the balls by their WO and need Skywest, Compass, Mesa, RAH and others to keep control of their WO pilot groups.

You, know you might be very correct on all of this and we might go down the gutters of commercial aviation, becoming a (still flying and still hiring and still paying pilots, Mesa) but you sound like all the same APC guys who were shouting "theanti-christ is coming, run, run, run, it's over" when we went into BR. So many were so sure this was going to be Pinnacle 2.0 with 7 years of reserve, 10 years of upgrade. Funny how it did actually went as company had predicted.

This company knows very well that it has to match 9E's pay and improve things in the CBA if they want to be able to deliver flying for their partial-owners/clients in the Summer. They don't have too many months left to react and control their future. Let's see what they do.

If youíre at $45 then you should be very close to upgrade. Stay get your time and move on to better things. Endeavor is now industry leading, so we will see what Republic does. This summer will be a mess if they donít react before early spring.

cf105
12-07-2017, 04:31 AM
If youíre at $45 then you should be very close to upgrade. Stay get your time and move on to better things. Endeavor is now industry leading, so we will see what Republic does. This summer will be a mess if they donít react before early spring.

I totally agree with you.

Did you hear anything about H1B too though, or just the same things that's been going around with the FAA Re-Authorization Bill?

Shoreduty
12-07-2017, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=busdriver123456;2477729]No one said active duty. You simply implied that. I said military pilots.[/QUOTE

I implied that your post was not accurate. Now I am saying it clearly - your post is not accurate. You stated ďactive military fixed wing pilotsĒ. Thatís why I pasted the quote from your post on Dec 3rd.

Since I know for a fact that part of your post is not true, I am trying to give the facts about that to anyone new readers.

ORD170
12-07-2017, 12:51 PM
I totally agree with you.

Did you hear anything about H1B too though, or just the same things that's been going around with the FAA Re-Authorization Bill?

No, but Iím sure RAA is pushing for them. Global pilot shortage though, so not sure how much that will help.

ORD170
12-07-2017, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=busdriver123456;2477729]No one said active duty. You simply implied that. I said military pilots.[/QUOTE

I implied that your post was not accurate. Now I am saying it clearly - your post is not accurate. You stated ďactive military fixed wing pilotsĒ. Thatís why I pasted the quote from your post on Dec 3rd.

Since I know for a fact that part of your post is not true, I am trying to give the facts about that to anyone new readers.

Apparently he doesnít read his own post. Obviously wrong about this and the hiring stats.

busdriver123456
12-18-2017, 06:35 AM
[QUOTE=Shoreduty;2479330]

Apparently he doesnít read his own post. Obviously wrong about this and the hiring stats.

Theyíre accurate. Youíve failed to provide any evidence that theyíre not. Theyíre directly from your union. Sorry that they arenít what you expected. You have issues reading I suppose?

The fact of the matter is Republic should be choice number 7 for a new hire.

cf105
12-19-2017, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=ORD170;2479387]

Theyíre accurate. Youíve failed to provide any evidence that theyíre not. Theyíre directly from your union. Sorry that they arenít what you expected. You have issues reading I suppose?

oh my, still riding that horse. Someone really got bullied at RAH or what, can't let go that gripe. LMAO

busdriver123456
12-20-2017, 07:38 AM
[QUOTE=busdriver123456;2485374]

oh my, still riding that horse. Someone really got bullied at RAH or what, can't let go that gripe. LMAO

Nope just want a potential NH to know the real truthful facts. Not what someone hopes they are because they got sold a sack of crap when they came to that dump.

Tpinks
12-20-2017, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=ORD170;2479387]

And who are numbers 1-6?

This should be entertaining to hear.

ORD170
12-24-2017, 12:04 AM
[QUOTE=ORD170;2479387]

Iíve seen the numbers from the union, and those are not from the union. Iím no cheerleader for Republic, but it sounds like you may not work at republic! Very suspicious first thread!

Number 7 choice for a regional, well luckily thatís not what new hires think.

ORD170
12-24-2017, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=busdriver123456;2485374]

And who are numbers 1-6?

This should be entertaining to hear.

Busdriver posted this, so no idea why it shows me.

My guess is this guy never worked at republic or he is a super senior captain. Regardless his numbers do not match what the union has put out.

Taco Cat
12-24-2017, 06:14 PM
Looking at the dumpster fires that the Regional Airlines are...
If you live in a Republic base, life is good and pay, currently, is reasonable. Flying for all 3 (and travel benefits), American, United, and Delta is very nice.

No 50 seat airframes, a single type fleet, EMB-170, the new hotness in regional feed... ExpressJet, Trans States, CommutAir.... Iíd pass if I didnít live in one of their bases.

Wholly Owned? CPP, ďguaranteed interviewĒ... Look at the fine print.
Comair, Atlantic Southeast, and Jetlink at one time were all wholly owned... not sure how many are Hogan worthy (United)... or got deferred on flow to mainline due to, whatever (Delta and American)...

Enjoyed my time at Republic.

sflpilot
12-26-2017, 12:55 PM
Looking at the dumpster fires that the Regional Airlines are...
If you live in a Republic base, life is good and pay, currently, is reasonable. Flying for all 3 (and travel benefits), American, United, and Delta is very nice.

No 50 seat airframes, a single type fleet, EMB-170, the new hotness in regional feed... ExpressJet, Trans States, CommutAir.... Iíd pass if I didnít live in one of their bases.

Wholly Owned? CPP, ďguaranteed interviewĒ... Look at the fine print.
Comair, Atlantic Southeast, and Jetlink at one time were all wholly owned... not sure how many are Hogan worthy (United)... or got deferred on flow to mainline due to, whatever (Delta and American)...

Enjoyed my time at Republic.

The AA WO flow probably won't mean much to someone hiring on now because by the time they flow the forced retirement hiring wave will be over. They will likely hire on as an OTS somewhere else. Endeavor and Commutair and I think Expressjet do get you the interview at Delta or United for the latter two, but it's up to you to pass. Republic right now offers nothing although there will be tons of their pilots getting hired OTS at the majors. Those who should worry is the lifers that have already been deemed un-hireable by majors. They will likely not be hired until the end of the wave and spend the rest of their career on the bottom. Staying at RAH won't be an option if they don't exist at some point in the future due to staffing.

Rahlifer
12-26-2017, 04:15 PM
The AA WO flow probably won't mean much to someone hiring on now because by the time they flow the forced retirement hiring wave will be over. They will likely hire on as an OTS somewhere else. Endeavor and Commutair and I think Expressjet do get you the interview at Delta or United for the latter two, but it's up to you to pass. Republic right now offers nothing although there will be tons of their pilots getting hired OTS at the majors. Those who should worry is the lifers that have already been deemed un-hireable by majors. They will likely not be hired until the end of the wave and spend the rest of their career on the bottom. Staying at RAH won't be an option if they don't exist at some point in the future due to staffing.

Damn. You just summed up the remainder of my career. I fully expect to be unemployed within the next five years as the regional industry implodes.:eek:

AboveAndBeyond
12-26-2017, 04:22 PM
One of the best parts of the flow isn't you actually flowing (although that is great, too). It is the fact that you move up in seniority "X" numbers each month guaranteed.

At the AA WO, there is outside attrition, plus flows, meaning that you move up quite a bit every month. In addition, there is also growth with all 3 WO growing. On the FO side, you can move up a fairly large number in seniority every month. It is a lot of fun to watch.

stfoley23
12-26-2017, 04:30 PM
If my goal is to end up at either Southwest or Delta, does Republic put me at any disadvantage compared to any other regional airline?

Rahlifer
12-26-2017, 06:03 PM
If my goal is to end up at either Southwest or Delta, does Republic put me at any disadvantage compared to any other regional airline?

Nope. Weíve had LOTS of folks head off to both SWA and the big D over the years.

knewyork
12-26-2017, 06:32 PM

Funny you mention those two. They hire us the most. 70 to SW this year. Those who get hired are usually captains and have been here a few years so itís not a right away thing by any means but it is something.

KCaviator
12-27-2017, 06:36 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/swapapilots/status/935928268485791744/photo/1

Republic represents a large portion of regional new hires (as does SkyWest and ExpressJet).

ORD170
12-27-2017, 06:50 AM

Weíre in the top the regionals hired at both those airlines. Obviously you have to do your time, and get the experience, but totally doable.

stringandrudder
12-27-2017, 10:45 PM
One of the best parts of the flow isn't you actually flowing (although that is great, too). It is the fact that you move up in seniority "X" numbers each month guaranteed

Until all of a sudden the flow goes the wrong way and people above you on the list start coming out of nowhere. You go backwards!

At the AA WO, there is outside attrition, plus flows, meaning that you move up quite a bit every month. In addition, there is also growth with all 3 WO growing. On the FO side, you can move up a fairly large number in seniority every month. It is a lot of fun to watch.

Lovely, guaranteed growth at WO regionals, jobs that could be yours at mainline. I do hope you realize that ANY regional growth is bad. These should all be mainline jobs with mainline pay, mainline benefits, and mainline job security. Period.

PDTFlyer
12-28-2017, 03:27 AM
Until all of a sudden the flow goes the wrong way and people above you on the list start coming out of nowhere. You go backwards!

Lovely, guaranteed growth at WO regionals, jobs that could be yours at mainline. I do hope you realize that ANY regional growth is bad. These should all be mainline jobs with mainline pay, mainline benefits, and mainline job security. Period.

Piedmontís flow doesnít flow backwards, itís a one way street. When you do flow, you go on a leave of absence until you pass your checkrides, then you are shown as gone. Only way you flow back is if you fail out of training at AA, then you go back to PDT. Canít speak for psa or Envoy as Iím not well versed in their flow agreements.

Battlinbear21
12-28-2017, 05:50 AM

We have ZERO flow back protection at Pdt. If you go youíre gone. Unless you canít pass Training. (There has been a handful) you can come back. These were 25-30 year dash drivers. Years ago at this point.

In ONLY PDTs situation growth here has been so great. No one cares about this place few years ago. Was 425 pilot but w a mature contract was making a 1/3 more than the pilots at RAH. The people who were hired in 2011 are the real winners. They are flowing this year and most are 28-32 years old. Flow personally set me back 2 years as my SSP was taken away before I had A grand in left seat. Still made it by 35 tho... flow for someone hired today isnít anything special. Sure you will probably be hired at AA, but if youíre not in by 2019 at ANY legacy you missed the wave. This is so obvious to anyone who can read The data. Legit data. So go where you upgrade the fastest can get into Training Dept and leave. If I was 23 again Iíd still go to the place w fastest upgrade like I did A decade ago. Pdt is hiring direct into Training Dept During new hire Training. Is RAH doing the same?

Ejhissong
12-28-2017, 06:54 AM
Does anyone happen to know what the average reserve time is for each Base?

As well as the average upgrade time?

pilot2804
12-28-2017, 08:17 AM
In ONLY PDTs situation growth here has been so great. No one cares about this place few years ago. Was 425 pilot but w a mature contract was making a 1/3 more than the pilots at RAH. The people who were hired in 2011 are the real winners. They are flowing this year and most are 28-32 years old. Flow personally set me back 2 years as my SSP was taken away before I had A grand in left seat. Still made it by 35 tho... flow for someone hired today isnít anything special. Sure you will probably be hired at AA, but if youíre not in by 2019 at ANY legacy you missed the wave. This is so obvious to anyone who can read The data. Legit data. So go where you upgrade the fastest can get into Training Dept and leave. If I was 23 again Iíd still go to the place w fastest upgrade like I did A decade ago. Pdt is hiring direct into Training Dept During new hire Training. Is RAH doing the same?

Miss the wave if youre not there by 2019? Every legacy is reporting retirement numbers of 800-1000 pilots a year until it starts to decrease in 2026
As long as you don't mess up your career, by the time you reach mins and don't jack up your interview, you'll most likely get a right seat. Legacies aren't even looking for PIC time anymore just 1000 jet time

TheWeatherman
12-28-2017, 08:22 AM
Miss the wave if youre not there by 2019? Every legacy is reporting retirement numbers of 800-1000 pilots a year until it starts to decrease in 2026
As long as you don't mess up your career, by the time you reach mins and don't jack up your interview, you'll most likely get a right seat. Legacies aren't even looking for PIC time anymore just 1000 jet time
I think he is treating it as everybody started the same time as he did and everybody took the relatively same path. So maybe in his mind if he doesn't make it by 2019 he is an utter failure. I thought the statement was a little ridiculous myself, the wave will extend well into the 2020s.

Battlinbear21
12-28-2017, 12:54 PM
I think he is treating it as everybody started the same time as he did and everybody took the relatively same path. So maybe in his mind if he doesn't make it by 2019 he is an utter failure. I thought the statement was a little ridiculous myself, the wave will extend well into the 2020s.

Group 4 is going to be a lot longer wait if you are not there by 2019. Someone hired in next 24 months will have widebody 78/330 as a option to them in less than 72 mo from DOH. But, itís all about what works best for you, and where you live. Beauty of mainline. Something for everyone. The Mavericks will have subsided. Still good surf for another two years. Make sense?

busdriver123456
01-03-2018, 12:47 PM
Since you all live in a fantasy world. Here's your data from your union. Sorry it sucks. As of 12/10 it doesnt have Decembers Attrition which a bunch more left for Southwest and Delta and 1 CA to United. Man just massive loss to mainline..... Go work at Endeavor, PSA, Envoy, Piedmont, CommutAir, AWC, or even SkyWest before you go to Republic.

Longleaf7
01-03-2018, 02:53 PM
Since you all live in a fantasy world. Here's your data from your union. Sorry it sucks. As of 12/10 it doesnt have Decembers Attrition which a bunch more left for Southwest and Delta and 1 CA to United. Man just massive loss to mainline..... Go work at Endeavor, PSA, Envoy, Piedmont, CommutAir, AWC, or even SkyWest before you go to Republic.

What is this table supposed to be telling us? Can you elaborate on what the numbers mean?

busdriver123456
01-03-2018, 05:33 PM
What is this table supposed to be telling us? Can you elaborate on what the numbers mean?

This is where Republic pilots move on to... This is from the union. Btw. People like knewyork or ORD170 don't have the real numbers or choose to not believe them which is why they don't post the facts. The data I have provided is real. If you want to move to mainline go somewhere else that provides you the chance.

TransWorld
01-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Is this from 1/1/17 to early Dec 2017? It was not clear from your post.

busdriver123456
01-03-2018, 07:59 PM
is this from 1/1/17 to early dec 2017? It was not clear from your post.

01/01/2017-11/30/2017

knewyork
01-03-2018, 08:37 PM
This guy is so strange.

Maybe you should post the stats from other regionals too to compare.

ORD170
01-04-2018, 12:50 AM
The data is correct, but it looks like this guy is still at Republic. Maybe heís a lifer trying to influence negotiations. Perhaps he can get data for all the other regionals, so we can compare.

busdriver123456
01-04-2018, 04:33 AM
The data is correct, but it looks like this guy is still at Republic. Maybe heís a lifer trying to influence negotiations. Perhaps he can get data for all the other regionals, so we can compare.

Alumni are still on the Facebook page... Not the new Local one made open last night.

busdriver123456
01-04-2018, 04:51 AM
BTW Now you actually believe me? I've been using these numbers all along. So this is where I got all the data on how much flow will be part of the hiring pools and where outside civilian guys will end up.

knewyork
01-04-2018, 05:48 AM
BTW Now you actually believe me? I've been using these numbers all along. So this is where I got all the data on how much flow will be part of the hiring pools and where outside civilian guys will end up.

Weíve had the same numbers all along. You convienently left out the southwest number. Sorry if southwest isnít good enough for you. For a lot of our guys it is and they love it. Iím pretty sure if you look at other regionals, they will show the same sort of numbers for other airlines. None of this stuff youíre posting is eye opening.

Like itís been said, you either still work here (and chose the most generic mainline username, lmao) or youíre strangely obsessed with hating on Republic, which seems like a very poor attitude to carry. It worked for you but you say it doesnít work. It just doesnít add up. Caution to all who are reading this thread.

ORD170
01-04-2018, 05:52 AM
Of course you still work at Republic! You seem like a good guy, but your trying too hard on your story. Also itís weird you care so much, but I guess that makes you a good guy. Ciao Republic Guy!

ORD170
01-04-2018, 05:55 AM
Weíve had the same numbers all along. You convienently left out the southwest number. Sorry if southwest isnít good enough for you. For a lot of our guys it is and they love it. Iím pretty sure if you look at other regionals, they will show the same sort of numbers for other airlines. None of this stuff youíre posting is eye opening.

Like itís been said, you either still work here (and chose the most generic mainline username, lmao) or youíre strangely obsessed with hating on Republic, which seems like a very poor attitude to carry. It worked for you but you say it doesnít work. It just doesnít add up. Caution to all who are reading this thread.

He works at Republic still! I agree we would have to see hiring data for all regionals to make the data mean anything.

itsmytime
01-04-2018, 05:57 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but the numbers he posted looked pretty good to me. Over 250 pilots moving up to better carriers with no flow. I didn't count the laterals to other regionals.

That's better than the WO flow numbers. What am I missing?

ORD170
01-04-2018, 06:11 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but the numbers he posted looked pretty good to me. Over 250 pilots moving up to better carriers with no flow. I didn't count the laterals to other regionals.

Agreed, but we would need to compare to another regional of similar size. Pretty sure he thinks itís bad.....

busdriver123456
01-04-2018, 06:40 PM

Moving on to JetBlue is better but its not Mainline which is what my point was earlier. In fact someone said(Tpinks), "How did you go to mainline if we don't have a Flow, CPP or preferential Interview?

This story is sounding fishy, unless you call Spirt or Southwest Mainline..."

Southwest isn't mainline it's close and a great company to work for however SKW loses just as many people to them as Republic.

magnus0322
03-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Republic is BESThttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180304/de1a5972143454bfe1c2e40399ad0d14.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

sflpilot
03-04-2018, 01:05 PM
Republic is BESThttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180304/de1a5972143454bfe1c2e40399ad0d14.jpg

What a load of bs. They knew exactly what they were doing. True to form for the boys in Indy.

KCaviator
03-04-2018, 03:56 PM

Lol wow, you found this so intriguing you had to post it in two threads? Bitter much? And based on that stupid profile picture thereís a good chance itís one of the regular Facebook douche bags.

knewyork
03-04-2018, 04:58 PM
Lol wow, you found this so intriguing you had to post it in two threads? Bitter much? And based on that stupid profile picture thereís a good chance itís one of the regular Facebook douche bags.

I said it in the other thread too but I have a hard time believing it. To fake an Apple Watch is pretty tough to do and there really are no examples of it out on the open market. Iíd even wager it would cost Republic more money to buy fakes than to get some sort of bulk deal from a company theyíve already bought several thousand iPads from. What do you think they did to buy them, go on eBay? I donít believe it.

sflpilot
03-04-2018, 05:25 PM
I said it in the other thread too but I have a hard time believing it. To fake an Apple Watch is pretty tough to do and there really are no examples of it out on the open market. Iíd even wager it would cost Republic more money to buy fakes than to get some sort of bulk deal from a company theyíve already bought several thousand iPads from. What do you think they did to buy them, go on eBay? I donít believe it.

Everyone who was given one of these watches needs to go to the apple warranty check website and type in their serial number. If itís authentic it should give you the purchase date and warranty status.

Bonanzer
03-04-2018, 10:42 PM

Pretty sure I know who this is. Ignore him. He puts out half truths at best on other rah forums.

Crown
03-06-2018, 06:22 AM

I believe this. When I left RAH, they told me if I didn't send back the iPad (which was nearly 2 years old at the time) they would file a lawsuit. RAH knows no bounds when it comes to being shady

4V14T0R
03-06-2018, 06:47 AM
I believe this. When I left RAH, they told me if I didn't send back the iPad (which was nearly 2 years old at the time) they would file a lawsuit. RAH knows no bounds when it comes to being shady

What do you expect? Itís company property. If you were in their shoes you would threaten the same. I donít think they actually do that though because from a business POV it would cost more in legal fees than the value of the iPad.

Itís all about integrity though. Why keep something that isnít yours?

poopplop
03-06-2018, 07:47 AM
I believe this. When I left RAH, they told me if I didn't send back the iPad (which was nearly 2 years old at the time) they would file a lawsuit. RAH knows no bounds when it comes to being shadySounds like you were the one being shady...

Crown
03-06-2018, 07:53 AM
Sounds like you were the one being shady...

I offered to purchase it. They declined that offer. So I asked what would happen if I kept it. They said they would come after me in a lawsuit. Needless to say, I sent it back with everything else the company wanted.

Far from shady. But being told "fly it and grieve it" and "you choose to commute" is so much more honorable. :rolleyes:

poopplop
03-06-2018, 10:20 AM
I offered to purchase it. They declined that offer. So I asked what would happen if I kept it. They said they would come after me in a lawsuit. Needless to say, I sent it back with everything else the company wanted.So you asked them what would happen if you stole their property, and they answered you. And you think this story makes them sound shady... :rolleyes:

Army to 121
03-06-2018, 11:05 AM
Lurking in the forums and making career transition to regionals. Looking for mentor/reference/referral. Donít expect anyone to do it cold; a bit about myself;

R-ATP Eligible
U.S. Army UH-60A/L/M Pilot in Command
Air Mission Commander / Final Mission Approval Authority (extra responsibility)
950 Total Time (830 Helicopter / 120 SEL) 270 PIC
Commercial Pilot ASEL / Rotorcraft Helicopter
Instrument Airplane / Helicopter

Completing AMEL and R-ATP minimums either self-funded, GI Bill, and/or RTP; anticipating prerequisites complete this summer and available for FAR 121 ATP-CTP and Ďground schoolí this September.

Looking to start a mutually beneficial network with all willing and equally contribute.

I canít begin to express how beneficial and informative this forum has been; thanks for all the regular Ďpostersí and I hope to share the best practices as I make the jump!

TwinTandem
03-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Good luck! You have seen this already? https://www.envoyair.com/pilots/rotor-transition-program/

or this?

https://theaviatoragent.wordpress.com/2017/12/20/top-regional-airlines-for-transitioning-helicopter-pilots-2018/

pilotguy7
03-06-2018, 01:38 PM
Good luck! You have seen this already? https://www.envoyair.com/pilots/rotor-transition-program/

or this?

https://theaviatoragent.wordpress.com/2017/12/20/top-regional-airlines-for-transitioning-helicopter-pilots-2018/

Does Republic have AQP?

4V14T0R
03-06-2018, 02:02 PM
Does Republic have AQP?

Yes.

Bonanzer
03-07-2018, 08:07 AM
I offered to purchase it. They declined that offer. So I asked what would happen if I kept it. They said they would come after me in a lawsuit. Needless to say, I sent it back with everything else the company wanted.

Far from shady. But being told "fly it and grieve it" and "you choose to commute" is so much more honorable. :rolleyes:

Is being asked to return company property an unfair request? Sounds like millennial logic. I think Iíll keep a 170 when I leave! They wonít miss one of the older ones!

Army to 121
03-07-2018, 08:58 AM
Thanks TwinTandem and tracking most of the regionals with RTP programs. Obviously there are pros & cons with each company and RTP; since I'm only about 130 ASEL PIC hours and AMEL I am thinking about completing those with GI Bill and thus looking at regionals that have the upgrade/domicile/reserve-to-line factors prioritized over back-logged RTP wait times.

Hard to turn down 'free-money' with an RTP but utilizing the GI Bill is another way to approach meeting the R-ATP minimums.

It seems every regional with a 'new-hire' sign-on bonus can also be applied as an 'RTP.'

TwinTandem
03-07-2018, 05:19 PM
Army to 121 no worries. I know an Army Helo pilot who flies for SkyWest not sure his hours before hand. He seems to be enjoying it though. From all i’ve seen this far the timing is right for you to make this move soonest. Again best to you!

Crown
03-08-2018, 02:19 PM
Is being asked to return company property an unfair request? Sounds like millennial logic. I think Iíll keep a 170 when I leave! They wonít miss one of the older ones!

I simply asked the question if I could keep the iPad. They said no. I asked a follow-up question, one that they answered in a way that proves that RAH is and always was a shady place to work. But hey, keep defending it. I'll just enjoy my QOL at a mainline carrier.

Geardownflaps30
03-10-2018, 02:40 AM
I simply asked the question if I could keep the iPad. They said no. I asked a follow-up question, one that they answered in a way that proves that RAH is and always was a shady place to work. But hey, keep defending it. I'll just enjoy my QOL at a mainline carrier.

That iPad contains security sensitive information as well as company proprietary information. Thatís why they want it back...aside from the fact that it IS theirs.

FlyingDawgg
03-10-2018, 06:20 AM
Not a lifer my time at RAH has gone and passed.
However I will entertain your comparison

EV's soft pay better is as followed.
100% DH Pay
ALL Open Time at 150% or 200%
Min day is 4.0 which is close enough.

PTO is as followed which isn't even close Republic is the WORST in the entire industry. Even Mesa has a better PTO plan.

Republic

EV

EV

Republic Has Ready RSV. They currently aren't using it. It's in the contract which I suggest you get to know.

Pay Rates which are factor #1 are miles better than anyone else.
You get a Delta Interview
UPG is less than a year.

Commuter Policy haha Republic's is a joke 2 times every six months. The company MAY positive space you when they see fit.

EV is unlimited and second attempt is a guaranteed seat to your base.

Republic doesn't have jr manning their per-diem is better and they have a trip and duty rig that is better.

UPG time which should be factor #2 is one of the highest in the industry at 3.75 years.

You should do your own homework. I clearly have. Republic is the WORST choice you can make.

Talked to a DAL guy recently who has buddies on the hiring board for DAL. Less than 40% of the EDV guaranteed interview candidates are passing the interview. Rumor has it that they even might stop doing the deal with EDV. So there's that.

On the upgrade side, I just talked to a EWR FO who has a buddy who is now upgraded and he did it in 2.6 years.

Air Stang 7
03-10-2018, 08:52 AM
Expressjet (EV) has just as good of a contract as Endeavor (9E) from the looks of it.

Tring
03-10-2018, 02:19 PM

This is the moment you make a bad argument, THEN get proven wrong only to dig a deeper hole. Iím no fan of RAH tactics either but damn! Foot meet mouth.

Casualinterest
03-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Talked to a DAL guy recently who has buddies on the hiring board for DAL. Less than 40% of the EDV guaranteed interview candidates are passing the interview. Rumor has it that they even might stop doing the deal with EDV. So there's that.

On the upgrade side, I just talked to a EWR FO who has a buddy who is now upgraded and he did it in 2.6 years.Not technically correct but close. The SSP which was the old program is concluding and has somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-60% overall pass rate (lifetime). It was 55% alone from 2017. This program will be done in next 3 months. The new program with the guaranteed interview (DGI) has not started yet so any speculation on pass rate is just that. Many have said that they believe the success rate will be better when the DGI, but yet to be determined.

Candidates are allowed to apply off the street if they wish and it does not impact the guaranteed interview unless they are interviewed ots.

Don't forget that 9E's me too clause prevents any other carrier from obtaining better career progression than what is in place. No one else will get anything better.

But you're right in that it's still Delta, and you still have to earn it. Coming to 9E just means you'll get your chance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sflpilot
03-10-2018, 07:33 PM
If RAH didn't have a history of such poor relations with employees I think people willingly returning the ipad would not be an issue. That said it's still not right to keep it.

dash8driver
03-12-2018, 06:17 AM
If RAH didn't have a history of such poor relations with employees I think people willingly returning the ipad would not be an issue. That said it's still not right to keep it.

I can understand his frustration. When I left they were already handing out the new iPads to new hires. Offered to pay the rate specified in the CBA and was told they didnít have a way to collect it yet. Was also told they would be offering them to HQ employees via lottery if they had more iPads than pilots who wanted to purchase them. So you know DM probably scored herself a $50 iPad to go along with the ďcircle of starsĒ award 😂.

Arliss
03-12-2018, 09:08 AM
That iPad contains security sensitive information as well as company proprietary information. Thatís why they want it back...aside from the fact that it IS theirs.

At Xjet we can buy out our surface tablets when we separate. Skywest IT simply wipes out all their stuff and then it's yours.

knewyork
03-12-2018, 06:11 PM
At Xjet we can buy out our surface tablets when we separate. Skywest IT simply wipes out all their stuff and then it's yours.

We can at Republic as well

Crown
03-12-2018, 06:13 PM
I can understand his frustration. When I left they were already handing out the new iPads to new hires. Offered to pay the rate specified in the CBA and was told they didnít have a way to collect it yet. Was also told they would be offering them to HQ employees via lottery if they had more iPads than pilots who wanted to purchase them. So you know DM probably scored herself a $50 iPad to go along with the ďcircle of starsĒ award 😂.

what I'm frustrated about, and what continues to frustrate me, is how people at RAH somehow have the most insane cases of Stockholm Syndrome I've ever seen. It's not a great company. It's not a great place to work. It never was, and never will be. It's Republic. It's a misery, soul sucking place that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I want someone who currently works there to explain to me why you think it's so great.

stringandrudder
03-12-2018, 06:45 PM
what I'm frustrated about, and what continues to frustrate me, is how people at RAH somehow have the most insane cases of Stockholm Syndrome I've ever seen. It's not a great company. It's not a great place to work. It never was, and never will be. It's Republic. It's a misery, soul sucking place that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I want someone who currently works there to explain to me why you think it's so great.

Itís not the best place in the world. Itís not mainline. Itís not a career airline. But 15 months in and Iíve had a great experience so far - bases I expected/wanted, great schedules, great maintenance, great travel benefits. I understand this place screwed over thousands over the years, but Iím grateful for the work that many have put in to make it a better place to work.

Iím not a cool aid drinker by any means - in fact I jokingly get made fun of by friends about how much I complain, but Iíll tell you one thing, this job is light years better than my last 135 gig, and light years better than my gig before that.

With that being said, was hoping for 9E or better rates with the recent LOA.

knewyork
03-12-2018, 07:47 PM

Dude relax. You wouldnít wish it on your worst enemy? I know a lot of people who, like me, are pretty happy being here. Yeah it sucked prior to the 2015 contract but itís a very different experience now. Move on with your life man.

ORD170
03-13-2018, 07:57 AM

Republic will not allow you to ďbuy outĒ the new issued iPad. They just upgraded to a new model, and they allowed pilots to buy old model for $50.00. When I resigned they told me what I had to return. They told me full price would come out of last check, so it wasnít worth it.

TheWeatherman
03-13-2018, 08:07 AM
Not my experience at all. I am reading the message boards of the other Regionals I was considering before I accepted the offer from Republic and all I can say is I dodged a few bullets by not accepting their CJOs. Every Regional has issues, IMO right now Republic has one of the least out of all the Regionals.

TheWeatherman
03-13-2018, 08:09 AM
Republic will not allow you to ďbuy outĒ the new issued iPad. They just upgraded to a new model, and they allowed pilots to buy old model for $50.00. When I resigned they told me what I had to return. They told me full price would come out of last check, so it wasnít worth it.
Correct, the only time you can buy out your Tablet is when the company upgrades them and sends you a replacement. If a person is going to chose a Regional based off of whether you can buy out your EFB or not...... lol

fgross90
03-13-2018, 09:07 AM
I do not understand why any prospective new hire would even consider working at Republic.

Every other Regional can offer a better compensation package, better work rules, better soft pay, better PTO and a better 401K.

This isn't even included the 3.75 Year upgrade time we have and it's not coming down anytime soon.

This doesn't include the lack of flow and Republic will never ever have flow.

You could go to Endeavor and get a positive space commute from one of the turd bases Republic has if you are considering due to bases.

Hopefully someone has a good reason.

Then leave.

Captain Slow
03-14-2018, 05:29 AM

The fact that people would pay money, for something they've spent so much time in the cockpit screaming profanities at, is fascinating.

Flightcap
03-14-2018, 06:08 AM
The fact that people would pay money, for something they've spent so much time in the cockpit screaming profanities at, is fascinating.

Oh, is THAT the Stockholm Syndrome of which Crown speaks? Thanks for clearing it up for me. :D

ORD170
03-14-2018, 08:23 AM
Correct, the only time you can buy out your Tablet is when the company upgrades them and sends you a replacement. If a person is going to chose a Regional based off of whether you can buy out your EFB or not...... lol

No doubt it would be crazy to pick a regional based on whether or not you can buy your EFB. Itís also crazy to go to a regional based on pay rates only. Probably not smart to go to a company who treated their employees like trash in the bad times. You never know when the bad times could return.

sflpilot
03-14-2018, 09:37 AM
No doubt it would be crazy to pick a regional based on whether or not you can buy your EFB. Itís also crazy to go to a regional based on pay rates only. Probably not smart to go to a company who treated their employees like trash in the bad times. You never know when the bad times could return.

I have raised this repeatedly and most have said they don't care because times are different. The forced retirements are there, but how that would coincide with an economic downturn, I'm not sure. The majors could try to get an age 67 or 70, but at a certain point you hit a wall. You're not going to have 80 year old airline pilots walking around.

Random Task
03-14-2018, 11:43 AM
The majors could try to get an age 67 or 70, but at a certain point you hit a wall. You're not going to have 80 year old airline pilots walking around.

Show of hands - who here actually wants to work until they are 70?

Not me.

knewyork
03-14-2018, 01:43 PM

Oh right, so we better choose one of the other regionals. They all treated their pilots well during the bad times.

ORD170
03-14-2018, 06:01 PM
Oh right, so we better choose one of the other regionals. They all treated their pilots well during the bad times.

Hopefully you donít find out just how bad they can treat their employees. Yes Republic had the lowest FO pay besides Mesa and Great Lakes. They brought a airline, while they furloughed their own employees. Tried to side step labor law to prevent SLI between Frontier and Republic. Oh and of course everyone is aware how B.B. treated the Midwest employees.

Keep drinking that cool aid! Pretty sure you were one of the guys believing you would get Endeavor rates! I would listen to those grumpy senior pilots and not some management pilot.

ORD170
03-14-2018, 06:04 PM
I have raised this repeatedly and most have said they don't care because times are different. The forced retirements are there, but how that would coincide with an economic downturn, I'm not sure. The majors could try to get an age 67 or 70, but at a certain point you hit a wall. You're not going to have 80 year old airline pilots walking around.

I hope it doesnít happen, but it certainly could. I guess the good news is 49 percent of the pilots agree with you, and not the koolaid drinkers. If we ever see furloughs at regionals, republic would be the last place I would want to be stuck.

knewyork
03-14-2018, 09:06 PM
Hopefully you donít find out just how bad they can treat their employees. Yes Republic had the lowest FO pay besides Mesa and Great Lakes. They brought a airline, while they furloughed their own employees. Tried to side step labor law to prevent SLI between Frontier and Republic. Oh and of course everyone is aware how B.B. treated the Midwest employees.

Keep drinking that cool aid! Pretty sure you were one of the guys believing you would get Endeavor rates! I would listen to those grumpy senior pilots and not some management pilot.

I voted no on the LOA. And my point was not that Republic was great in the past. Itís that every regional did the same sort of thing. They are all the same. Just because someone likes a job it doesnít mean they drink koolaid. I go to work, like my coworkers and the flying, and go home. Sorry your experience was worse than that.

knewyork
03-14-2018, 09:11 PM
I hope it doesnít happen, but it certainly could. I guess the good news is 49 percent of the pilots agree with you, and not the koolaid drinkers. If we ever see furloughs at regionals, republic would be the last place I would want to be stuck.

And yet you stayed for years when there are so many better places to be.

DarkSideMoon
03-15-2018, 04:27 AM

The title of the thread is "why would anyone come to republic" not "why would anyone stay at republic". It's hard to start over.

sflpilot
03-15-2018, 07:48 AM

I believe the poster is a CA in the ORD domicile based on the screen name. That likely means 15+ years of seniority. It would not be smart to just dump that and go to another regional even if the company is bad.

ORD170
03-15-2018, 08:07 AM

I stayed because the hiring environment was completely different prior to 2012 or so. I left to a legacy, but I would have went to Spirit to get out.

Wonder how the bids go this month for you guys. No worries for management, because they will not be held accountable. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid. Endeavor rates are just around the corner. No ORD is not shrinking, but we will not backfill.

Flightcap
03-15-2018, 05:23 PM
I stayed because the hiring environment was completely different prior to 2012 or so. I left to a legacy, but I would have went to Spirit to get out.

Wonder how the bids go this month for you guys. No worries for management, because they will not be held accountable. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid. Endeavor rates are just around the corner. No ORD is not shrinking, but we will not backfill.

To extract what you're saying:

1. The bids are messed up almost every month with pairing errors, technical delays, etc.

This is true. They have to be re-run and re-built more often than not. It truly is a mess.

2. Endeavor rates are never coming even though many think they are.

I have yet to meet a pilot here who thinks Endeavor rates are coming. 100% of us wanted better rates than what we got in this last LOA. 49% (including myself) were willing to vote down the LOA to achieve that. It didn't happen.

3. ORD is shrinking even though people are telling themselves it's not.

I don't know of anyone who believes ORD isn't shrinking except maybe the merger and acquisition rumor-hungry folks. There aren't a lot of even those who fully believe what they're saying. You are correct that ORD is shrinking and has been for several years. That's the bad news. The good news is the company did not displace any pilots to shrink it. They, probably for self-serving reasons, allowed attrition to do the shrinkage. The base has now shrunk to the point where FOs are getting into the base without any problems. The CA side is a different story. There are probably 30-50 captains in other bases who have ORD in their vacancy bid. A new hire should not plan on ever upgrading in ORD.

Taking all of the above into account, is Republic still one of the best regionals to work for right now? In my opinion, yes. Could it be better? Are there problems? Absolutely.

Flightcap
03-15-2018, 05:29 PM
Out of curiosity, what regional would you pick to be stuck at?

dash8driver
03-16-2018, 05:39 AM

Itís not the same place now that I got hired at in 2007. I know plenty of people that make a comfortable living there, live in base and have no plans to move on. To each their own. That being said you couldnít pay me enough to stay there.

Crown
03-21-2018, 07:41 AM
Itís not the same place now that I got hired at in 2007. I know plenty of people that make a comfortable living there, live in base and have no plans to move on. To each their own. That being said you couldnít pay me enough to stay there.

I was willing to go to F9/Spirit/Sun Country instead of staying at RAH a day longer than was necessary. There's an insane amount of kool-aid drinkers at RAH that still believe it's a great regional. It's not. It's a horrible place to be. Bases opening and closing constantly unless it's IND, schedulers who *uck with you for the fun of it, a CEO who has openly expressed his disdain for pilots. Why, just why, would anyone want to make a career there when you can move on to a legacy and have an insanely better QOL?

Flightcap
03-21-2018, 11:54 AM
I was willing to go to F9/Spirit/Sun Country instead of staying at RAH a day longer than was necessary. There's an insane amount of kool-aid drinkers at RAH that still believe it's a great regional. It's not. It's a horrible place to be. Bases opening and closing constantly unless it's IND, schedulers who *uck with you for the fun of it, a CEO who has openly expressed his disdain for pilots. Why, just why, would anyone want to make a career there when you can move on to a legacy and have an insanely better QOL?

Many 15-20 year captains here are of the perspective that it's better QOL to work for Republic than commute to reserve for more than half of the rest of their careers. As a side note, many of those captains also have applications in at the legacies. But are they calling many folks with thousands TPIC?........nope. I've flown with more recently upgraded captains going to a legacy than senior captains getting interviews.

You still haven't answered my question about which regional you'd want to be stuck at.

Crown
03-21-2018, 04:33 PM
You still haven't answered my question about which regional you'd want to be stuck at.

none. Regionals are not meant to be careers

knewyork
03-21-2018, 05:27 PM

Many people have a very different experience than you did. It is far from ďhorribleĒ here. Obviously itís not mainline but it is one of the better places to be as far as regionals go.

Flightcap
03-22-2018, 12:44 AM
none. Regionals are not meant to be careers

That's fair. I'm with you. My apps are on file with Spirit on up. It's not (yet) a choice for all of us like it apparently was for you. Congratulations on moving up.