Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : 1st with 2nd privileges?

2992set
12-03-2017, 01:48 PM
Maybe the law of primacy has confused my understanding of this. I was told a while ago and never thought to question it..

Under 40, 1st class privileges are good for 12 months. After 12 months does that medical grant 2nd class privileges ? (Working as SIC in 121)

Everything Iím reading I am now interpreting as after 12 months you can only use 3rd class privileges.

Was my original understanding incorrect?

67Creek
12-03-2017, 02:04 PM
Under 40, 1st class privileges are good for 12 months. After 12 months does that medical grant 2nd class privileges ?

Nope.

It's not complicated:

First class privileges are good for 6 months (>40) or 1 year (<40).
Second class privileges are good for 12 months.
Third class privileges are good for 2 years (>40) or 5 years (<40).

So, that first year on a first class medical, you use up both your first class and second class privileges. After a year, you're down to third class privileges, regardless of which privileges you started with.

2992set
12-03-2017, 02:07 PM
Nope.

It's not complicated:

First class privileges are good for 6 months (>40) or 1 year (<40).
Second class privileges are good for 12 months.
Third class privileges are good for 2 years (>40) or 5 years (<40).

So, that first year on a first class medical, you use up both your first class and second class privileges. After a year, you're down to third class privileges, regardless of which privileges you started with.

....well $h1t

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1