Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Holiday Meals?

dc8guy
12-06-2017, 09:32 AM
Just curious... UAL, AA, Spirit, UPS, other carriers, etc... does your company provide a holiday meal (i.e., pay for one at the hotel, a stipend, etc.)?

Al Czervik
12-06-2017, 10:21 AM
AA does a very good job of putting on a good spread for those working over the holiday. No one is working the holiday this year though!! ;)

BusterBust
12-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Spirit usually has some sort of food/meal dropped off at bases on a holiday. Great for those working through a base, most pilots wonít see any. But thatís fine, Iíll skip the food poisoning from turkey left at room temp, in a break room, for hours.

rightside02
12-06-2017, 11:07 AM
UA had dinner / meals provided at all the hubs turkey , mash etc

e6bpilot
12-06-2017, 11:14 AM
SWA has all overnight hotels provide a meal on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day. It is hotel dependent but I have had some spectacular feasts working the holidays.

RomeoHotel
12-07-2017, 10:14 AM
How did I know SWA was going to win this comparison, hands down...!!

tomgoodman
12-07-2017, 12:10 PM
All of our layover hotels offered Holiday meals. Sometimes the machine required exact change, but the front desk would usually break a $5 bill.....:D

full of luv
12-07-2017, 02:15 PM
SWA has all overnight hotels provide a meal on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day. It is hotel dependent but I have had some spectacular feasts working the holidays.

The best "holiday meal" that was provided by a hotel on layover was in Amsterdam where the hotel held a free outside "cookout" with adult beverages and all the BBQ fixings they could find on the internet for free on the 4th of July!

flensr
12-07-2017, 07:01 PM
I got a leftover dinner roll sometime around midnight in a crew room last Christmas.

catching waves
12-14-2017, 11:58 AM
At K4, we can charge up to $50 on our company credit card for wherever we wanna eat, up to 30 days after the holiday. As long as we donít buy booze or gift cards with it.

ShyGuy
12-14-2017, 01:12 PM
Don't know if it's the case anymore with the AS merger, but VX used to cater inflight holiday (eg, Turkey) meals for crews flying on Thanksgiving and I think something similar for Christmas as well.

SpeedyVagabond
12-17-2017, 12:11 PM
Nevermind. . .

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1