Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

ChrisInWI
12-06-2017, 06:34 PM
So from a rookie's perspective I have to think the industry will react somehow to Endeavor bumping compensation up 30ish%. This thread may lend itself to a lot of speculation but I'm curious all the same.

Anyone care to share their thoughts?

DarkSideMoon
12-06-2017, 06:57 PM
So from a rookie's perspective I have to think the industry will react somehow to Endeavor bumping compensation up 30ish%. This thread may lend itself to a lot of speculation but I'm curious all the same.

Endeavor isn't getting paid much more than they were before, it's just been rolled into hourly instead of bonuses.

chrisreedrules
12-06-2017, 07:35 PM
Endeavor isn't getting paid much more than they were before, it's just been rolled into hourly instead of bonuses.

I think itís still a huge jump forward to have that pay realized as contractual pay rates instead of a temporary bonus.

That being said, Iím sure other airlines wonít see improvements until they stop filling classes.

Voski
12-06-2017, 09:02 PM
While most contracted, FFD airlines could certainly negotiate with their mainline partners in order to increase wages for their pilot group, the disadvantage they have over, say wholly-owned carriers (Endeavor, Envoy, Piedmont, PSA), is that the parent company does not have the same vested interest due to their business model.

Look at, for example, SkyWest - they fly for Alaska, American, Delta, and United. Increased pilot compensation without a decrease in profit means negotiating with four mainline partners. Moreover, SkyWest is a publicly traded company accountable to shareholders, so operating as lean as possible is even more important. They're not going to increase wages unless it's absolutely necessary to fill classes.

ArmyRWP2018
12-07-2017, 05:28 AM

Maybe better bonuses in the short term. I doubt anyone will crack open a contract to pay more money until the period of performance has run its course.

WesternSkies
12-07-2017, 09:28 AM
While most contracted, FFD airlines could certainly negotiate with their mainline partners in order to increase wages for their pilot group, the disadvantage they have over, say wholly-owned carriers (Endeavor, Envoy, Piedmont, PSA), is that the parent company does not have the same vested interest due to their business model.

Look at, for example, SkyWest - they fly for Alaska, American, Delta, and United. Increased pilot compensation without a decrease in profit means negotiating with four mainline partners. Moreover, SkyWest is a publicly traded company accountable to shareholders, so operating as lean as possible is even more important. They're not going to increase wages unless it's absolutely necessary to fill classes.

Agreed.

Example ExpressJet.
United was trying to do something via commutair that the market won't allow anymore.
With SkyW mostly being at street captain levels on the CRJ, the need for higher captain pay might be here whether they are filling classes or not.
https://s18.postimg.org/b5qo2ezqh/Screen_Shot_2017-12-07_at_11.58.04_AM.png
OO vs 9e 900 pay.

The 9E pay is attainable when put in the context that lifers don't really make more under their agreement. Essentially the 9e deal simply shifts everyone <15 years of longevity up the pay scale by 5 years. Really low longevity guys would be bumped up essentially 8 years.

I might be wrong but I think the 9e agreement isn't even active yet, i'm patient for what's coming to all regionals. (if the world doesn't melt down)