Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Pilot2886
12-07-2017, 05:56 PM
I am looking to get back into flying. I flew the Dornier 328 jet at Skyway and CRJ 200 at Comair. After that all fell apart I left the industry. Its been 10 years since I have flown 121

Whats the best Regional as far as upgrade time and flow through.

Friends are saying Endeavor but it doesn't appear that they flow through to Delta just a guaranteed interview. I would prefer a flow through option.

1600 Total time
580 Turbine
No ATP

IFlyThings
12-07-2017, 06:05 PM
*sits back with popcorn to watch the show*

People Ďround these parts get very emotional about their choice in regionals.

Otterbox
12-07-2017, 06:30 PM
I am looking to get back into flying. I flew the Dornier 328 jet at Skyway and CRJ 200 at Comair. After that all fell apart I left the industry. Its been 10 years since I have flown 121

Friends are saying Endeavor but it doesn't appear that they flow through to Delta just a guaranteed interview. I would prefer a flow through option.

1600 Total time
580 Turbine
No ATP

Only regionals with flow through are AA Owned... Piedmont has the fastest flow for new hires and most of the AA WO allow you to upgrade as soon as youíve got 1000 part 121 SIC and 2500TT.

Pilot2886
12-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Thank you for the response

TJBrass
12-08-2017, 06:15 AM
If you were on the DO-Jet at Skyway, its likely you are in the midwest. If that is the case Republic probably isn't for you unless you want to commute to New York. Skywest would be a good option.

JG4245
12-08-2017, 07:03 AM

1600 Total time
580 Turbine
No ATP

Go where you don't have to commute or will have a short commute. Upgrade times and flow times can change on a dime.

Pilot2886
12-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Thanks I live in Maryland. So I am most likely looking at PDT and PSA..
Only thing with PSA is I don't know if Dulles is obtainable as a new hire.

FlyGood
12-08-2017, 08:24 AM
PSA Dulles definitely isnít obtainable as a new hire as it isnít a base. If you want Dulles look at Mesa, commutair, and I believe Transtates. If you means DCA then both PSA and Republic have a base there. DC is currently growing for both I believe, I know it is for Republic at least. YMMV

Btoflyer
12-08-2017, 08:32 AM

1600 Total time
580 Turbine
No ATP

Welcome back to flying! I left the industry for ten years also, after getting "9-11ed". The transition was very difficult, but it eventually evened out.
Most will agree that if you can avoid a commute, do it. One option I have for you is GoJet. Although I didn't take the job offer (I wanted to stay west coast), I was told they have a 3 year flow-through to Spirit. No, Spirit isn't Delta, so if you're looking for a legacy airline, that might not work for you. However, from reading a few of the threads, it seems like the CRJ700/900 pilots flying for GoJet are pretty happy.

But that's a thread you don't want to pull on too hard around the forum.

TheWeatherman
12-09-2017, 12:14 PM
If you were on the DO-Jet at Skyway, its likely you are in the midwest. If that is the case Republic probably isn't for you unless you want to commute to New York. Skywest would be a good option.
huh? Republic has more bases in the midwest than anybody else I believe. ORD, CMH, IND, MCI....

TJBrass
12-09-2017, 03:47 PM
He'll never upgrade in any of those bases. ORD will be gone by Q4 2018

knewyork
12-09-2017, 06:08 PM
He'll never upgrade in any of those bases. ORD will be gone by Q4 2018

All of those bases have had upgrades recently and it doesnít take too long to hold them out of initial. I also find it hard to believe we wonít have an ORD base any time soon. Things are fluid with all of that so who knows.

sflpilot
12-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Republic is just too unstable to consider. Over the past 10-15 years they have opened and closed far more bases than any other regional. The only safe zones appear to be IND, CMH and PIT.

TheWeatherman
12-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Republic is just too unstable to consider. Over the past 10-15 years they have opened and closed far more bases than any other regional. The only safe zones appear to be IND, CMH and PIT.
You really think Republic's last 10-15 years is any worse then any other Regional out there minus maybe Skywest? Does Republic get held to a higher standard than other Regionals? If so, that can mean only mean good things.

Captain Slow
12-10-2017, 04:23 PM
ORD will be gone by Q4 2018

Yeah... and MCI was gonna be gone by Q4 2013 too.

ORD170
12-10-2017, 05:20 PM
Donít go to Republic for ORD! As previously stated it may not even be around in a couple years. Republic has a long history of closing bases, and normally itís a total surprise.

We lost all AA flying out of ORD, and I donít see AA giving any back. Most of that flying went to DCA, and the outstations. Also if you donít want to commute after you upgrade, most junior captain in ORD is a 2008 hire, and no captain vacancy in a couple years. You would never hold the left seat in ORD.

Look into Envoy, SkyWest, or maybe Gojets if you really want ORD base.

bigtime209
12-11-2017, 05:07 AM
Thanks I live in Maryland. So I am most likely looking at PDT and PSA..
Only thing with PSA is I don't know if Dulles is obtainable as a new hire.

If driving to DCA is an option, go to PSA. They will be growing their operation there so there should be a good bit of movement there. That coupled with the great QOL you'll be able to get with SAP makes PSA a good choice for you. All of the AA WOs are seeing so much movement that as long as you have the required flight time, you'll upgrade almost right away.

TJBrass
12-11-2017, 05:38 AM
Yeah... and MCI was gonna be gone by Q4 2013 too.

True, but you didn't see SKYW making a big push into MCI for UAs e175 flying

msprj2
12-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Is this for real? You have already worked for two regionals
That have shut down. Now you won't take your friends advice but will from strangers.
In two years 1/3 of the regional airlines won't be here. Who will be, that should be your first priority.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1