Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Pilot Deviation Question

Westcoastdude
12-09-2017, 07:26 AM
Without going into details, a few days ago I was issued a phone number for a possible pilot deviation. It was enroute and I believe it was due to a error in the FMS Flt plan that caused us to not fly on a airway. No deviation occurred and we didnít know it was such a big deal until we landed and the number was issued. I called and the guy was nice, asked what happened, said to be more careful and said he wasnít going to file this. End of conversation, didnít ask for our info.

I work for a 121 company and filed an ASAP. What are the chances the FAA will investigate and issue a Letter or warning or something?

rickair7777
12-09-2017, 07:55 AM
Very low probability that anything would ever come of this.

If it did, asap should cover it, worst case if the FAA was notified you might be assigned mentoring by the asap committee, which would consist of a phone conversation.

Shouldn't be any company action (since they don't know about it), and the asap committee will supersede any FAA enforcement for something like this.

Don't tell the company or file any company reports. If they ask, just tell them you filed an asap, and then shut up.

Read up on your ASAP program, or talk to the pilot rep.

ja2c
12-09-2017, 12:41 PM
If this does trigger a PD, the inspector assigned the incident will forward it to your POI. He/She will verify that you filed an ASAP. ASAP committee will review your ASAP as they do all ASAPs. The end.

TommyDevito
12-09-2017, 12:44 PM
If this does trigger a PD, the inspector assigned the incident will forward it to your POI. He/She will verify that you filed an ASAP. ASAP committee will review your ASAP as they do all ASAPs. The end.

Yep............

Tippy
12-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Had literally this exact same thing happen to me a few weeks ago except no phone call. ASAP and you'll be fine. will never hear about it again most likely

NK Bumble Bee
12-11-2017, 05:23 PM
There are no more Letters of Warning or Correction issued to accepted ASAP reports anymore. The FAA updated their 8700 guidance about enforcement philosophy in 2014.

TommyDevito
12-11-2017, 05:35 PM
There are no more Letters of Warning or Correction issued to accepted ASAP reports anymore. The FAA updated their 8700 guidance about enforcement philosophy in 2014.

What's the 8700 guidance?

And Compliance Philosophy wasn't implemented until 2016.

PerfInit
12-11-2017, 06:05 PM
What the CA meant to say was, check FSIMS / FAA Order 8900.1 and Order 2150.3. The FAAís 8700 Order was sunset back in 2008....

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1