Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Say What!?!

GeneralPilot
12-13-2017, 05:18 PM
As a young pilot in training I have said and heard dumb stuff from different pilots. I'm curious (and I'm also stirring the pot) whats the dumbest things you've heard a pilot say?

PontiusPilot
12-13-2017, 05:22 PM
I can't afford the pay cut.

crxpilot
12-13-2017, 05:36 PM
As a young pilot in training I have said and heard dumb stuff from different pilots. I'm curious (and I'm also stirring the pot) whats the dumbest things you've heard a pilot say?

I got married.......again.

80ktsClamp
12-13-2017, 06:18 PM
"I've got some great investment advice..."

badflaps
12-13-2017, 06:27 PM
Watch this.........

Turbosina
12-13-2017, 06:28 PM
I'm really relaxed and I like to stick to the SOP. Before we brief, though, have you accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior?

Milk Man
12-13-2017, 06:30 PM
“I want 3 breakfast burritos”

Otterbox
12-13-2017, 06:32 PM

“I don’t have any apps out, I’m waiting for the flow...”

Speedbird2263
12-13-2017, 06:36 PM
Watch this.........

Some say sometimes preceded by “Hold my beer and...”

jcountry
12-13-2017, 06:44 PM
“Alpacas and Emus.... Those damned things are a gold mine, son.”

Followed by:

“Get in on the ground floor.... I have an exciting multi-level opportunity.”

ULLI
12-13-2017, 06:50 PM
"contract will be done by end of the year!"

FML666
12-13-2017, 07:01 PM
"No cursing in the cockpit"

frmrdashtrash
12-13-2017, 07:22 PM
"I'm pretty laid back" or "I'm pretty standard".

tomgoodman
12-13-2017, 07:46 PM
“I only bid the upgrade because I didn’t want to see a junior pilot get it before I did.” :p

Varsity
12-13-2017, 07:47 PM
"I've got some great investment advice..."

Jesus christ.

This x100000

Riverside
12-13-2017, 08:29 PM
Be back in 5.

Al Czervik
12-14-2017, 03:07 AM
"I'm pretty laid back" or "I'm pretty standard".

This while wearing a hat is deadly.

jcountry
12-14-2017, 06:38 AM
This while wearing a hat is deadly.

It’s always bad.

Been doing the airline pilot thing for about 20 years, and I can’t recall ever flying with anyone who made either of those two statements during their introduction who wasn’t a complete asshat.

I think it’s a subconscious tic of some sort..... Especially the “I’m laid back” part.... Get ready for an anal freak show.

The good part is: I just don’t care anymore. If a guy is an anal freak, I will do the anal freak thing for a trip.... I have learned to deal with strange personalities. We will keep stuff safe, regardless of whether I like the guy. If he’s really too big of an idiot to do that, I’ll throw my stuff in a bag, bid him farewell, and step off. (Never had to do that, but I won’t hestitate.)

I saw a bunch of guys going crazy about a capt I’ve flown with on another site.... Made me chuckle. He isn’t anywhere near that bad.... He was still stuck in the old fighter squadron and had a big ‘mission oriented’ mentality. No big deal. Some folks don’t know how to deal with that. It’s simple, just let him be the big dog for a little while, mark his territory, and he will settle right down. (At least 98% of the time, that’s true.)

I saw far, far worse at the regional-including a capt who got fired and went to jail for punching an FO. That was one guy I said I would never fly with again. I wouldn’t even deadhead on his plane. Fortunately, he don’t fly no mo.

Another issue is some people come to the airline with some screwy attitude like “I used to be in the training dept,” or “I have way more capt time that this guy.” That means not a damned thing at any legacy..... Just do your job-and your job ain’t being captain-yet.

METO Guido
12-14-2017, 07:11 AM
"If this goes wrong, we may have to ditch."

Bloggs
12-14-2017, 07:15 AM
It’s always bad.

Been doing the airline pilot thing for about 20 years, and I can’t recall ever flying with anyone who made either of those two statements during their introduction who wasn’t a complete asshat.

I think it’s a subconscious tic of some sort..... Especially the “I’m laid back” part.... Get ready for an anal freak show.

The good part is: I just don’t care anymore. If a guy is an anal freak, I will do the anal freak thing for a trip.... I have learned to deal with strange personalities. We will keep stuff safe, regardless of whether I like the guy. If he’s really too big of an idiot to do that, I’ll throw my stuff in a bag, bid him farewell, and step off. (Never had to do that, but I won’t hestitate.)

I saw a bunch of guys going crazy about a capt I’ve flown with on another site.... Made me chuckle. He isn’t anywhere near that bad.... He was still stuck in the old fighter squadron and had a big ‘mission oriented’ mentality. No big deal. Some folks don’t know how to deal with that. It’s simple, just let him be the big dog for a little while, mark his territory, and he will settle right down. (At least 98% of the time, that’s true.)

I saw far, far worse at the regional-including a capt who got fired and went to jail for punching an FO. That was one guy I said I would never fly with again. I wouldn’t even deadhead on his plane. Fortunately, he don’t fly no mo.

Another issue is some people come to the airline with some screwy attitude like “I used to be in the training dept,” or “I have way more capt time that this guy.” That means not a damned thing at any legacy..... Just do your job-and your job ain’t being captain-yet.

https://i.imgflip.com/212nqo.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/212nqo)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

GogglesPisano
12-14-2017, 07:37 AM
"All my money's in gold and bullets. Want some Freedom Pellets to snack on?"

GeneralPilot
12-14-2017, 08:50 AM
Young Caravan drivers talking to girls about their "jet"

Vincent Chase
12-14-2017, 10:22 AM
"I read it on APC."

rickair7777
12-14-2017, 10:38 AM
Brief to entire crew: "No drinking allowed on my trips" (SLC based CA, during a period of high sensitivity to crews getting in booze-related trouble)

As it happened, fate had set me up well for this one...

My response: " Well the overnight on day two is in my hometown. We're having a cocktail party that night, you all are invited"

Pgus
12-14-2017, 11:01 AM
“Two weeks”

Mover
12-14-2017, 11:56 AM
Get ready for an anal freak show.

Whatever you do, don't google this.

at6d
12-14-2017, 11:59 AM
AA Flowback to me the Eagle FO: “It would be better for everyone if you were on the street.”

Packrat
12-14-2017, 12:03 PM
Overheard in the crew room:

Capt. to F/O who just took a 35% pay cut.

"Take a look at this picture of the $16,000 staircase I just put in my house."

TiredSoul
12-14-2017, 12:08 PM
It’s always bad.

Amen.......

ShyGuy
12-14-2017, 01:05 PM
"Let me tell you about Iraqi Dinars......"

badflaps
12-14-2017, 03:37 PM
I just got a great deal on some long sleeve shirts, I can get you some too.

WHACKMASTER
12-14-2017, 09:09 PM
Brief to entire crew: "No drinking allowed on my trips" (SLC based CA, during a period of high sensitivity to crews getting in booze-related trouble)

As it happened, fate had set me up well for this one...

My response: " Well the overnight on day two is in my hometown. We're having a cocktail party that night, you all are invited"

Lmfao! Awesome! I loathe the non-drinkers.

“I’d rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun......”

Qotsaautopilot
12-15-2017, 04:07 AM
Don’t worry, it’s just allergies

METO Guido
12-15-2017, 05:27 AM
"Looks like they might suspend Jethro. Not like he doesn't have it coming or anything…oh hi Jethro, what's up dude?"

Riverside
12-15-2017, 10:48 AM
Don’t worry, it’s just allergies

Yeah right. I've been sick 6 times from peoples so called allergies.

NeverHome
12-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Yeah right. I've been sick 6 times from peoples so called allergies.

Or, its ok im not contagious anymore

Aero1900
12-15-2017, 12:27 PM
Anyone who tries to get me to buy into their stupid multi level marketing scheme.

I had a guy ask me if my wife work, and I said yes. He then got a piece of paper and a pen and asked me to write down how much money she'd like to make. I refused to play his game but he still tried to get me to join a pyramid scheme selling pills or shakes or creames or something.

I'd rather argue politics

badflaps
12-15-2017, 01:28 PM
Anyone who tries to get me to buy into their stupid multi level marketing scheme.

I had a guy ask me if my wife work, and I said yes. He then got a piece of paper and a pen and asked me to write down how much money she'd like to make. I refused to play his game but he still tried to get me to join a pyramid scheme selling pills or shakes or creames or something.

I'd rather argue politics

What ever happened to Amway? I remember in the lounge everybody was selling soap to each other.

full of luv
12-15-2017, 01:50 PM
What ever happened to Amway? I remember in the lounge everybody was selling soap to each other.

Apparently doing well still somewhere by the looks of downtown Grand Rapids.

Al Czervik
12-15-2017, 03:01 PM
“My wife is a Victoria Secret model and she owns a G5.”

ClearCreek
12-15-2017, 04:05 PM
This thread is awesome!

PFactor
12-15-2017, 04:12 PM
Long sleevers...

jcountry
12-15-2017, 05:16 PM

Isn't that statement true for all of us??

Mesabah
12-15-2017, 05:23 PM
Timothy Martins?

jcountry
12-15-2017, 06:30 PM
Timothy Martins?

Not sure of the guy’s name.... But he’s a poor BS artist who tells everyone he flies with stuff like that.

Never had the pleasure myself, but I’ve heard a lot about him. Pretty funny mostly.... like how he shows everyone his G5 sunshades and keychains to prove his credibility. (Like real gulfstream owners would ever fool with that cheese ball stuff.)

No idea why some few folks feel it necessary to invent crazy stories about themselves like that-must be compensating for some real shortcomings

NeverHome
12-15-2017, 06:49 PM
Not sure of the guy’s name.... But he’s a poor BS artist who tells everyone he flies with stuff like that.

Never had the pleasure myself, but I’ve heard a lot about him. Pretty funny mostly.... like how he shows everyone his G5 sunshades and keychains to prove his credibility. (Like real gulfstream owners would ever fool with that cheese ball stuff.)

No idea why some few folks feel it necessary to invent crazy stories about themselves like that-must be compensating for some real shortcomings

Sounds like old Tim Martins. Not a bad guy in my opinion. Needs professional help though. I love how he had us upgrade witheld for 6 months at C5 because of maturity issues.

weekendflyer
12-15-2017, 06:56 PM
"philadelphia approach Bluestreak **** checking in, how are your rides?":confused:

jcountry
12-15-2017, 08:59 PM
Sounds like old Tim Martins. Not a bad guy in my opinion. Needs professional help though. I love how he had us upgrade witheld for 6 months at C5 because of maturity issues.

There’s another one I’m thinking of.

Been on Jumpseat a couple of times. Always telling folks about his breakthrough medical charting app. Implies he is a dr. A lot.

I’ll just say I’m not buying what he’s peddling either.

I guess folks like that exist in all careers. Don’t understand their deal.

at6d
12-15-2017, 10:19 PM
Timothy Martins?

Timmaaaay?! Can’t get away from that dude. F-16/firefighter?

WHACKMASTER
12-16-2017, 02:00 AM
Timmaaaay?! Can’t get away from that dude. F-16/firefighter?

Wonder what he’s doing nowadays. Anyone know?

jcountry
12-16-2017, 02:17 AM
This reminds me of another pilot who is notorious for tall stories. (At another airline.)

This guy had all kinds of fun stories about all his ‘tac operator’ adventures.... seal team 6 type stuff galore.

The fun thing is he looked a lot like Chris Farley. It was a hoot to imagine some guy who looked like that swinging through windows dressed like a ninja and wasting commies!

(I’ve heard he would demonstrate some kind of hilarious drop/roll room clearing technique if his FA seemed scared that operatives might be in her room.... can’t confirn or deny that he would do that. Eyes only-above top secret.)

awax
12-16-2017, 02:28 AM
https://goo.gl/images/yzryxh

Ole Timmmay! Mature Beyond his Years. Way to go ALPA!

HwkrPlt
12-16-2017, 04:18 AM
Wonder what he’s doing nowadays. Anyone know?

Flying for a crappy 135 operator on Long Island

rickair7777
12-16-2017, 06:25 AM
This reminds me of another pilot who is notorious for tall stories. (At another airline.)

This guy had all kinds of fun stories about all his ‘tac operator’ adventures.... seal team 6 type stuff galore.

The fun thing is he looked a lot like Chris Farley. It was a hoot to imagine some guy who looked like that swinging through windows dressed like a ninja and wasting commies!

(I’ve heard he would demonstrate some kind of hilarious drop/roll room clearing technique if his FA seemed scared that operatives might be in her room.... can’t confirn or deny that he would do that. Eyes only-above top secret.)

There are some retired ex-operators who hunt down frauds as their hobby... drop a dime, maybe he'll get a visit from the real deal.

WHACKMASTER
12-16-2017, 06:48 AM
Flying for a crappy 135 operator on Long Island

F16s no doubt.

tomgoodman
12-16-2017, 07:27 AM
(I’ve heard he would demonstrate some kind of hilarious drop/roll room clearing technique...)

Ah, the one known as Agent “bowling ball”? Scattered commies like tenpins, then landed on them! :p

Slaphappy
12-16-2017, 10:03 AM

The palm????

METO Guido
12-16-2017, 10:04 AM
If it's just a one time deal, she'll never find out.
Who's got the logbook?
Uh oh, that was wet.
WTF? I got the right unFeather Switch right?
Why aren't we hearing anything?
Where's my passport?
Tell him 250.
I should have gone to law school.

jcountry
12-16-2017, 10:05 AM
There are some retired ex-operators who hunt down frauds as their hobby... drop a dime, maybe he'll get a visit from the real deal.

Yeah.

I’ve seen pics of some guys who dress up in stuff they got from a military surplus store and show up at funerals or other events. Those guys stick out to anyone familiar with military insignia-because somehow they never seem to figure out which ranks/pins/ribbons go together. Some get the ass kicking they deserve.

I doubt the guy I’m thinking about does anything like that. He’s harmless. It’s just funny to listen to him go. He even has space shuttle guard duty stories..... (you know, the kind where al queada lands ashore in a zodiac-and you have to fight those bastards to keep them from sneaking a spy satellite aboard) He also has North Korea stories, about rescuing supermodels from an evil lair. It’s pretty rich stuff.

Just imagine Chris Farley telling those stories and falling on a table. This guy is a riot! (The difference being that Farley is trying to be funny. This guy really lives in some parallel universe where his BS is true.)

singlepilot
12-16-2017, 10:35 AM
Sorry that one is going to stink....

jcountry
12-16-2017, 12:01 PM

Hahaha!

(At least he had the class to apologize..... Most just let that air biscuit fly with no warning.)

Dolphinflyer
12-16-2017, 01:06 PM
CA: "Let's try to get FL390 for optimum fuel burn, ask Maiquetia (Venezuelan non-radar ATC) for the opposite direction altitude"

Me:"Ahhh,.....No"

Beechnut
12-16-2017, 04:11 PM
Have you heard of Bitcoin?

swamp
12-16-2017, 04:22 PM
Just prior to touch down: Fake Yawn, accompanied by "Boy I'm very tired"...

Airhoss
12-16-2017, 06:42 PM
About a week before we went bankrupt.

“I took everything I had and bought UAL stock. It can’t get any lower than this.”

CousinEddie
12-16-2017, 07:33 PM

I got cold-called by a guy I had flown with months prior. Apparently he was combing through his logbook for new recruits. What I didn’t know at the time was that Amway had changed its name in the US. As I Googled while he pitched, I finally said “hold on Jim, this is Amway under another name, no thanks!” He got all ****ed and said (no kidding):

“When you see me some day driving by in the employee lot in a Ferrari, don’t ever tell me I didn’t give you your shot!”

jcountry
12-16-2017, 08:22 PM
I got cold-called by a guy I had flown with months prior. Apparently he was combing through his logbook for new recruits. What I didn’t know at the time was that Amway had changed its name in the US. As I Googled while he pitched, I finally said “hold on Jim, this is Amway under another name, no thanks!” He got all ****ed and said (no kidding):

“When you see me some day driving by in the employee lot in a Ferrari, don’t ever tell me I didn’t give you your shot!”

Hahahaha!

Ground floor-baby!!

coopervane
12-16-2017, 09:08 PM
Super dooper RJ Captain: “I’m an FFDO.....If anyone tries to breach the flight deck, I will assume a defensive position, defend the flight deck at all costs......and you?....you fly the plane................also.....be advised if you make any attempt to open the cockpit door........I'm authorized to shoot you.......”

Me: “well....I’m also an FFDO....what happens if I defend my self from you with MY gun?”

Him:”well....I guess we will see who is the fastest shot...”

rickair7777
12-17-2017, 05:48 AM
Super dooper RJ Captain: “I’m an FFDO.....If anyone tries to breach the flight deck, I will assume a defensive position, defend the flight deck at all costs......and you?....you fly the plane................also.....be advised if you make any attempt to open the cockpit door........I'm authorized to shoot you.......”

I would have packed up my stuff and walked off, regardless of which seat I was sitting in. Then called the company, FAM HQ, and FAA HQ in that order.

Me: “well....I’m also an FFDO....what happens if I defend my self from you with MY gun?”

This is what opponents of the FFDO program are afraid of.

badflaps
12-17-2017, 06:36 AM
If it was US Air I would believe both of them.:eek:

rickair7777
12-17-2017, 06:47 AM
If it was US Air I would believe both of them.:eek:

East vs. west FFDO's, that's a scary thought...

terminal
12-17-2017, 08:13 AM

It’s like AA is essentially B.I.G. Vs Tupac....in the sky

jcountry
12-17-2017, 10:37 AM
It’s like AA is essentially B.I.G. Vs Tupac....in the sky

Word, dog....

Mover
12-17-2017, 10:39 AM
Long sleevers...

What's wrong with long sleeves?

badflaps
12-17-2017, 11:08 AM
What's wrong with long sleeves?

They some how, seem to be connected to dorkism.

Mover
12-17-2017, 12:54 PM

You mean looking like a government employee/bible salesman with shorts sleeves and a tie isn't being a dork?

chrisreedrules
12-17-2017, 02:13 PM
All pilot uniforms are dorky. Don’t kid yourself.

trip
12-17-2017, 03:07 PM
Me-you going to make that speed restriction? Her-approach will give us normal speed. (wtf, were still with center?)

crewdawg
12-17-2017, 04:12 PM

Both captains I've flown with that wore long sleeves, did so because they either have had skin cancer or melanoma. Both bought lots of beer...not too dorky in my book.

jcountry
12-17-2017, 04:40 PM
Both captains I've flown with that wore long sleeves, did so because they either have had skin cancer or melanoma. Both bought lots of beer...not too dorky in my book.

Yep.

That stuff ain’t no joke. Sleeves help

galleycafe
12-17-2017, 04:43 PM
Did they have bags over their heads, too?

#butterface

Plane Coffee

cactusflyer
12-18-2017, 12:28 AM
I flew with someone who thought that making repeated death threats (both verbally and on publicly viewable social media) aimed at Muslims was somehow socially acceptable because they were a veteran.

Judging by the fact this person ended up being suspended over said behavior, it appears that HR disagrees with that particular viewpoint.

MasterOfPuppets
12-18-2017, 02:53 PM

Im on the jump seat of a 737.......

CA - "Im an FFDO if someone tries to break through that door you better get out of the way before I draw my gun because I WILL shoot through you....:eek:

MasterOfPuppets
12-18-2017, 03:01 PM
"All we have to do is change the ZFW in the FMC and we will be able to get up FL410......"

Salukipilot4590
12-18-2017, 06:31 PM
"All we have to do is change the ZFW in the FMC and we will be able to get up FL410......"

https://i.imgur.com/SA9sAIC.gif

Karnak
12-19-2017, 02:48 AM

One of our captains wears long sleeves year-round. 3rd degree burns over his back, shoulder, and right arm. Numerous skin graft surgeries.

Connecting long sleeves to "dork" is a symptom of Jerk.

SpeedyVagabond
12-19-2017, 09:01 AM
One of our captains wears long sleeves year-round. 3rd degree burns over his back, shoulder, and right arm. Numerous skin graft surgeries.

Connecting long sleeves to "dork" is a symptom of Jerk.

Even without covering up burns or tattoos there’s nothing wrong with long sleeved shirts. I wear short sleeves myself because I like to be cool temperature wise when working but I think long sleeved shirts look great in the winter with the blazer.

SpeedyVagabond
12-19-2017, 09:03 AM

The East are gunfighters. I wouldn’t mess with them. Who doesn’t recall the duel between the heroic FFDO and that big bad Airbus.

jcountry
12-20-2017, 11:15 AM
“You better vote for Obama. He will save your job.”

Aero1900
12-20-2017, 12:58 PM
"You better vote for Trump. He will save your job"

BigHitterLlama
12-20-2017, 02:19 PM
“Insert politicians name” cares about/will save your job.

jcountry
12-20-2017, 03:19 PM
“Insert politicians name” cares about/will save your job.

Exactly!

None of them are worth a flying **** when it comes to protecting us from anything.

They only protect DC. Screw all the little people elsewhere.

rickair7777
12-20-2017, 07:28 PM
The East are gunfighters. I wouldn’t mess with them. Who doesn’t recall the duel between the heroic FFDO and that big bad Airbus.

West bass were AZ & NV...

Name User
12-20-2017, 07:39 PM
There’s another one I’m thinking of.

Been on Jumpseat a couple of times. Always telling folks about his breakthrough medical charting app. Implies he is a dr. A lot.

I’ll just say I’m not buying what he’s peddling either.

I guess folks like that exist in all careers. Don’t understand their deal.

I think he said he was a doctor in the military. Showed off some sort of app on his phone. Was going to MIA IIRC. Nice guy are you sure it isn't legit?

The zip guy lives in GA, his wife runs a roofing company out of his home. I think she used to be a model a long long long time ago. I found all the info online. Scary what you can find these days.

jcountry
12-21-2017, 04:02 AM
I think he said he was a doctor in the military. Showed off some sort of app on his phone. Was going to MIA IIRC. Nice guy are you sure it isn't legit?

The zip guy lives in GA, his wife runs a roofing company out of his home. I think she used to be a model a long long long time ago. I found all the info online. Scary what you can find these days.

It was an iPad app.

Just screen shots of stuff really. I didn’t see it actually do anything.

I’m one of those folks who doesn’t know much about anything, but I know a little about a lot of things.

I asked this guy a very basic question about the security the app uses. He had no clue what the acronym I used meant. No way would anyone designing an app not know what that was. (HIPA data must be secured, and there’s only one way to do it in that setting.) Anyhow. Guy is 100% full of ****. The idea that he could build an app and not know what I asked about is just about as legit as a guy who designed a new race car, but he doesn’t know what a wheel is.

The guy doesn’t ask for investors-which is good. I’d totally call him out if he were trying to scam money.

Also. Think about when’s the last time you ever heard of a guy who was a “doctor in the army,” but doesn’t have a medical license.... Furthermore, why would any ‘doctor’ fly for a decade for 85 bucks an hour.....

Yeah. That guy is completely full of ****

Oh, and Gulfstream boy doesn’t have a type rating. What kind of sense does that make? Current, experienced ATP who claims to have a G5, yet has no G ratings?

It’s mildly troubling that these guys feel such a need to create an alternate reality for themselves

METO Guido
12-21-2017, 05:57 AM
It’s mildly troubling that these guys feel such a need to create an alternate reality for themselves

What the adage? Neurotics build houses in the sky, psychotics move it. Dealt with a guy attempted to make some easy money flipping a certificate years ago. Had worked previously for both Fred Smith & Sam Walton. That was confirmed. Flew MAW crusaders in Vietnam. Also confirmed. Told a handful of pilots & dispatchers a detailed account of how he'd been shot down, captured & escaped. Total BS.

Std Deviation
12-24-2017, 04:41 AM
Yeah she’s 22 years younger but we’re soulmates... remind me that I need to pay her tuition bill by Thursday will ya?

Me...College or high school?

Vincent Chase
12-24-2017, 05:06 AM
Yeah she’s 22 years younger but we’re soulmates... remind me that I need to pay her tuition bill by Thursday will ya?

Me...College or high school?

Beauty school.:rolleyes:

AFTrainerGuy
12-24-2017, 05:25 AM

It’s not. It’s a now just retired LUS East pilot.

tyler durden
12-24-2017, 07:11 AM
It’s always bad.

^^^^this^^^^

Well said

Al Czervik
12-24-2017, 04:26 PM
It’s not. It’s a now just retired LUS East pilot.

He’s gone!?!?

Keizer Soze
12-29-2017, 05:57 AM

Me: "What? Like the four you squeezed off in the last hour that you didn't say anything about didn't stink?"

FML666
12-29-2017, 01:32 PM

The palm????

Definitely the Palm. Peter Griffin with a John Daly toupee. Nice guy but I'll never forget the stories from his SWAT days on our first trip together. His refusal to share a van with BloJet pilots was pretty funny and much appreciated though.

at6d
12-29-2017, 02:00 PM
Back in my turboprop days I flew a long trip with a captain that would line his shirt collar, underarms, and hat with maxi pads. The “say what” portion was the FAs asking me to verify this.

“I sweat.”

Confirmed.

RamenNoodles
12-30-2017, 04:27 AM
Stories from my time as an RJ FO:

CA: I just don’t understand why those legacy pilots make so much money. There’s no reason a 777 captain needs to make $200/hr. They should make less so we can make more.

Different captain making a PA: “All of our flights are non smoking, but if we are about to crash feel free to smoke ‘em if you got ‘em”

Yet another Captain:

Me: Those build-ups look pretty rough. Want 15 left?
CA: Nope, it’s not painting.
CA on the PA after a few seconds of moderate turbulence: “Hold on to your kids folks, that was some fun turbulence!”

Airhoss
12-30-2017, 09:29 AM
Stories from my time as an RJ FO:

CA: I just don’t understand why those legacy pilots make so much money. There’s no reason a 777 captain needs to make $200/hr. They should make less so we can make more.

Different captain making a PA: “All of our flights are non smoking, but if we are about to crash feel free to smoke ‘em if you got ‘em”

Yet another Captain:

CA on the PA after a few seconds of moderate turbulence: “Hold on to your kids folks, that was some fun turbulence!”

Geez uss....I hate flying with turds like them can’t look at a cloud and know it’s going to deliver a butt kicking guys! Same goes for guys who don’t know how to use gain or tilt on a WX radar. “Just leave it in auto.” :rolleyes::rolleyes:

UALfoLIFE
12-30-2017, 09:44 AM
Yet another Captain:

I had the same thing happen here at UAL. The 10% a$$ clown group is not limited to just flying RJs.

ridinhigh
12-30-2017, 05:39 PM
"but it wont stall in normal law."

Does not mean you need to fly around oblivious below Vls.