Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : SAP coming to Republic

2fly1034
12-15-2017, 01:06 PM
It was announced today we are getting SAP come the January bid! We also are getting new iPads and the backdoor is already open!

CFI123
12-15-2017, 02:48 PM
It was announced today we are getting SAP come the January bid! We also are getting new iPads and the backdoor is already open!

Was this announced in class? Any other info. that came with it?

aperfcrcle
12-15-2017, 03:13 PM
Was this announced in class? Any other info. that came with it?

its in the union payday update. By the wording of the negotiation update, seems (to me) like there's not much progress or agreements. But that's just how I read it

ORD170
12-15-2017, 04:20 PM
its in the union payday update. By the wording of the negotiation update, seems (to me) like there's not much progress or agreements. But that's just how I read it

Thats expected. Anyone who says Republic management will agree to increase cost anytime soon has not studied the history of Republic. Besides they say theyíre filling classes and havenít maxed the new hire bonuses yet. Thatís probably the best indication of when they will get serious with negotiations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rahlifer
12-15-2017, 05:44 PM
Hmmm. Nothing about SAP from any company communication sources. Don't put too much faith in any of that toonster propaganda. :rolleyes:

ChrisPilot1
12-15-2017, 05:50 PM
Hmmm. Nothing about SAP from any company communication sources. Don't put too much faith in any of that toonster propaganda. :rolleyes:

The scheduling manager came into new hire class and when he was demonstrating bidding he explained sap and how it would work.

chrisreedrules
12-16-2017, 07:37 AM
What lock outs and restrictions is Republic going to have on their SAP?

170driver
12-16-2017, 12:02 PM
What lock outs and restrictions is Republic going to have on their SAP?

Can drop down to 75, I think that is the bad part. Need to be able to get down to 60-65 to have any flexibility. Sap 1 is seniority based and sap 2 is first come first served. How does it work at Psa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ACEssXfer
12-16-2017, 12:07 PM
Can drop down to 75, I think that is the bad part. Need to be able to get down to 60-65 to have any flexibility. Sap 1 is seniority based and sap 2 is first come first served. How does it work at Psa?

Any restrictions on reserve coverage or holidays?

chrisreedrules
12-17-2017, 10:45 AM

Can drop down to a minimum credit of 65 hours at PSA. Which usually equates to the ability to get around 17-19 days off /month depending on how high credit the trips are. Zero restrictions based on reserve coverage or holidays at PSA. Itís a great QOL tool but as with anything airline managment touches it has its limitations (like request processing times).

FlyGood
12-18-2017, 08:14 AM
the way our SAP rules are set up will pretty much just take the current system and make it seniority based instead of first come first serve. Might be able to drop a bit more due to only needing 50% of reserve coverage but thatís only big change I see. That and composite lines. Canít drop on holidays or anything.

chrisreedrules
12-18-2017, 11:02 AM
the way our SAP rules are set up will pretty much just take the current system and make it seniority based instead of first come first serve. Might be able to drop a bit more due to only needing 50% of reserve coverage but thatís only big change I see. That and composite lines. Canít drop on holidays or anything.

Ouch... :(

CFI123
12-19-2017, 04:12 AM
So to my understanding SAP will actually negatively affect junior FOís QOL by granting PBS preferences to more senior guys first? My biggest factor in choosing Republic was good QOL in LGA/EWR bases and now it seems like by implementing SAP this will change? Am I reading it right?

TheWeatherman
12-19-2017, 06:07 AM
So to my understanding SAP will actually negatively affect junior FOís QOL by granting PBS preferences to more senior guys first? My biggest factor in choosing Republic was good QOL in LGA/EWR bases and now it seems like by implementing SAP this will change? Am I reading it right?
Nobody really.knows what they are talking about yet. we'll see how.it all shakes. o ut.once.implenentee.

cf105
12-19-2017, 03:11 PM

So we get our awards.
Then SAP 1 opens for 24 hr where we can pick up - seniority based - what trips are left in Open Time by the company.

Then SAP 2 opens where we will have the Open Time trips left and the trips dropped by others in SAP 1. SAP 2 is fist comes first serve basis.

Then Schedules are official and open for free trade on the 21st of the previous month. And we can trade, pick up, what is on the trade boards and in Open Time, on a first come first serve basis for the following 40 days.

Not a huge difference in QOL, if not positive changes with the fact that you can better your award a bit more than right now.

CFI123
12-19-2017, 04:21 PM
So we get our awards.
Then SAP 1 opens for 24 hr where we can pick up - seniority based - what trips are left in Open Time by the company.

Then SAP 2 opens where we will have the Open Time trips left and the trips dropped by others in SAP 1. SAP 2 is fist comes first serve basis.

Then Schedules are official and open for free trade on the 21st of the previous month. And we can trade, pick up, what is on the trade boards and in Open Time, on a first come first serve basis for the following 40 days.

Not a huge difference in QOL, if not positive changes with the fact that you can better your award a bit more than right now.

Thank you!!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1