Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

RJpilot94
12-18-2017, 07:26 AM
I have a rewards card that accumulates American miles. I don't really need the miles, but what I used to get was priority boarding, EVEN as a nonrev. It seemed to be tied to my name, not the nature of the listing. I got it when I as D2 as well as D1, etc. When the airlines merged, that went away, and now I board 6. I am now doing a hub to hub commute and I was thinking that I would pay several hundred dollars a year to get a better boarding priority. Does anyone have a good card that allows for that? Thanks.

Mover
12-18-2017, 07:29 AM
I have a rewards card that accumulates American miles. I don't really need the miles, but what I used to get was priority boarding, EVEN as a nonrev. It seemed to be tied to my name, not the nature of the listing. I got it when I as D2 as well as D1, etc. When the airlines merged, that went away, and now I board 6. I am now doing a hub to hub commute and I was thinking that I would pay several hundred dollars a year to get a better boarding priority. Does anyone have a good card that allows for that? Thanks.

If you're a pilot with the airline, why not just walk up, show your ID, and ask the gate agent to board early?

RJpilot94
12-18-2017, 07:42 AM
If I am on a DH, I do that and most of the time can board early. Nonrev/commuting I have been told to wait for my boarding group with increasing regularity here lately.

Mover
12-18-2017, 08:07 AM
If I am on a DH, I do that and most of the time can board early. Nonrev/commuting I have been told to wait for my boarding group with increasing regularity here lately.

What airport? I've always had good success when commuting to and from/work.

BTW, deadhead shouldn't be "most of the time." It is all of the time. You are on the NS. If they say no, they're wrong.

mainlineAF
12-18-2017, 08:20 AM
What airport? I've always had good success when commuting to and from/work.

BTW, deadhead shouldn't be "most of the time." It is all of the time. You are on the NS. If they say no, they're wrong.

Thatís true for AA pilots as itís in our contract. Iím not sure if the wholly owneds have it.

FLPS30GRDWN
12-18-2017, 08:49 AM
Thatís true for AA pilots as itís in our contract. Iím not sure if the wholly owneds have it.

If they donít just politely ask their name and file an observer or let your pro standards know and they make a friendly phone call and correct the misunderstanding problem solved.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1