Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Polar Jumpseat

OOTSK
12-19-2017, 02:27 PM
Can any Polar guys check a flight for me. Flight Aware shows some funky times. I'm an offline guy. It's flight 947 CVG-ANC. 12/20. My initials are TS. Just trying to see if its on time. Thanks

BYOB
12-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Can any Polar guys check a flight for me. Flight Aware shows some funky times. I'm an offline guy. It's flight 947 CVG-ANC. 12/20. My initials are TS. Just trying to see if its on time. Thanks

PM sent.....

Riverside
12-19-2017, 04:38 PM

You must love that flight. Cause you request info about it all the time.

seattlepilot
12-19-2017, 06:22 PM
You must love that flight. Cause you request info about it all the time.Most likely operated by Kalitta

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OOTSK
12-20-2017, 10:18 AM
I use it all the time! I'm a commuter.

GeelErmo
12-20-2017, 11:10 AM

Arenít you supposed to get a confirmation email for ur listing??

JackStraw
12-20-2017, 11:56 AM
Most likely operated by Kalitta

CBA violation

OOTSK
12-20-2017, 12:22 PM
Arenít you supposed to get a confirmation email for ur listing??

Yes. And I do. But, I have no way of knowing if the flight is delayed or even worse, cancelled. Flight Aware was showing the wrong times. I was just trying to get the latest information.

bogietrim
12-20-2017, 02:39 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but can an Atlas crew member help me out with how to cancel a jumpseat? I am booked on the same flight (947) for 21 December (in the morning). I need to cancel it, but I am sure the staff we email to list are not in the office now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

JackStraw
12-20-2017, 02:53 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but can an Atlas crew member help me out with how to cancel a jumpseat? I am booked on the same flight (947) for 21 December (in the morning). I need to cancel it, but I am sure the staff we email to list are not in the office now.

Donít worry about canceling. It just means more catering for the operating crew.

Colt45
12-20-2017, 03:33 PM
Most likely operated by Kalitta

Yeah, I think Kalitta is operating those flights now.

bogietrim
12-20-2017, 03:45 PM
LOL...I get that, but do not want to wear out my welcome there.

OOTSK
12-21-2017, 11:07 AM

I have cancelled many times. Just reply to the email that Susan sends you. The one that say's your listed. She sends me back an email saying that I have been removed.
YMMV.

Ramen
12-26-2017, 09:47 PM
I'm planning on taking Atlas/Polar from HKG-ANC next week. I got the email saying I'm listed, but no details on where to meet the crew/check-in process.

Can someone explain where I'm supposed to go in HKG? PM is fine if it's SSI.

No Land 3
12-26-2017, 10:10 PM
I'm planning on taking Atlas/Polar from HKG-ANC next week. I got the email saying I'm listed, but no details on where to meet the crew/check-in process.

Please please please make sure who is operating the flight! If it's Kalitta, you must list 24 hours prior. This goes for Polar pilots who may assume their own company is doing it, only to find out it's K4 and it's too late. Don't ask how I know this... Really sucks to leave a pilot behind!

Ramen
12-26-2017, 10:27 PM
Please please please make sure who is operating the flight! If it's Kalitta, you must list 24 hours prior. This goes for Polar pilots who may assume their own company is doing it, only to find out it's K4 and it's too late. Don't ask how I know this... Really sucks to leave a pilot behind!

I'm listed.

Twin Wasp
12-26-2017, 11:52 PM

PM sent. Not sure if it's really SSI, we stand out in the crowd.

No Land 3
12-27-2017, 06:54 AM
I'm listed.

You need to list with K4, your company listing wonít work if itís a K4 flight, even though they tell you youíre listed

Ramen
12-27-2017, 08:14 AM
PM sent. Not sure if it's really SSI, we stand out in the crowd.

Donít see any messages in my inbox for some reason.

You need to list with K4, your company listing wonít work if itís a K4 flight, even though they tell you youíre listed

I donít see the flight Iím trying to take listed on the Kalitta schedule, so I take it Iím good?

No Land 3
12-27-2017, 10:17 AM
Donít see any messages in my inbox for some reason.

I donít see the flight Iím trying to take listed on the Kalitta schedule, so I take it Iím good?

We just left one of your pilots behind, nothing we could do. We have been doing the VHHH-PANC flights. Made us all sick to do that. I donít have an answer for you. Call Kalitta?

Twin Wasp
12-28-2017, 10:30 AM
Terminal One, bottom of the ramp leading from the entrance to the D isle. An hour and thirty prior.

fbksflyer
12-28-2017, 02:41 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the online jumpseat request system at Polar/Atlas? I'm an off-line pilot, trying to get from CVG to ANC on Jan 2. I finish filling out the form, click the 'Complete_Request' button, and I get an Error 500 (Network error?). Multiple tries on multiple computers, same result. Worked fine in the past. Any suggestions?
BTW, many thanks to the very hospitable Polar crews I have ridden with.

Ramen
12-28-2017, 09:32 PM
Terminal One, bottom of the ramp leading from the entrance to the D isle. An hour and thirty prior.

Thanks. Just got the same answer from HKG Ground Ops as well.

Ramen
01-05-2018, 03:07 AM
Would anyone be able to tell me my chances of getting on Flt 86 HKG-ANC on 1/7?

CallmeJB
01-05-2018, 05:06 AM
Would anyone be able to tell me my chances of getting on Flt 86 HKG-ANC on 1/7?

Currently 3 operating crew members and only one JS listed (I assume that's you?). So your chances are very good.

This is a CX flight number, but that does not change the crew report point or time, or anything else, really.

CSReifel
03-21-2018, 07:01 PM
I'm an off line dude trying to Jumpseat on Polar for the first time. Trying to fly on PO 958 from ANC to NRT on 25 Mar 18. I submitted the JS request form on the Polar/Atlas WEB Site and was hoping someone can confirm that I actually got listed and let me know if there are any Gotchas to be aware of?

I show PO 958 leaving ANC on 25 Mar 18 at 0315Z/24 Mar at 1915L. I presume the show time is one hour prior. I also read that we are supposed to be in uniform for international jumpseating. Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks for your help
Chris

JackStraw
03-21-2018, 07:34 PM
I'm an off line dude trying to Jumpseat on Polar for the first time. Trying to fly on PO 958 from ANC to NRT on 25 Mar 18. I submitted the JS request form on the Polar/Atlas WEB Site and was hoping someone can confirm that I actually got listed and let me know if there are any Gotchas to be aware of?

I show PO 958 leaving ANC on 25 Mar 18 at 0315Z/24 Mar at 1915L. I presume the show time is one hour prior. I also read that we are supposed to be in uniform for international jumpseating. Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks for your help
Chris

You are listed. And donít worry about being in uniform although it may make it easier in NRT. Have fun.

FAULTPUSH
03-29-2018, 10:31 AM
I'm looking at taking Polar/Atlas from LAX to SYD at the end of April. Are there any restrictions on number and size of bags that I can bring (I plan on having 2-3 large suitcases to take to our daughter in Australia).