Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New Application Window?

MIkeFavinger
12-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Anyone else get this today?

Dear First Officer Candidate,

Thank you for your interest in the First Officer position at JetBlue.

We are doing a bit of ďhousekeepingĒ within our database to ensure we have an accurate and updated pool of interested applicants.

If you would like to be considered for the First Officer position at JetBlue, please update your online profile and reapply for the First Officer position.

We will be accepting applications from December 26, 2017 to January 16, 2018.

Please note: You must reapply during the open application window. Only those who apply during this open application window will be considered for the First Officer position regardless of prior applications.

We sincerely appreciate your interest in JetBlue and recommend you periodically access our website for the most current information about our minimum, preferred and competitive qualifications.

JetBlue Pilot Recruitment Team

slimothy
12-20-2017, 08:05 PM
Anyone else get this today?

Dear First Officer Candidate,

Thank you for your interest in the First Officer position at JetBlue.

We are doing a bit of ďhousekeepingĒ within our database to ensure we have an accurate and updated pool of interested applicants.

If you would like to be considered for the First Officer position at JetBlue, please update your online profile and reapply for the First Officer position.

We will be accepting applications from December 26, 2017 to January 16, 2018.

Please note: You must reapply during the open application window. Only those who apply during this open application window will be considered for the First Officer position regardless of prior applications.

We sincerely appreciate your interest in JetBlue and recommend you periodically access our website for the most current information about our minimum, preferred and competitive qualifications.

JetBlue Pilot Recruitment Team

Not today, but I get them from time to time. Been on property for nearly 2 years.

ClearRight0528
12-21-2017, 05:24 AM
Yea just received mine yesterday. Received one also awhile back

Riverside
12-21-2017, 06:09 AM
It's normal to get them right before they open a job window.

Laxrox43
12-22-2017, 01:34 PM
Just got a reminder about the app window in the CPís most recent email.

coopervane
12-22-2017, 02:34 PM
Window opens Dec 26.

I HIGHLY recommend concentrating your efforts elsewhere. Sadly....most wont listen, will get through training, see the shiny penny turn brown and THEN focus elsewhere.

slimothy
12-22-2017, 02:37 PM
Window opens Dec 26.

I HIGHLY recommend concentrating your efforts elsewhere. Sadly....most wont listen, will get through training, see the shiny penny turn brown and THEN focus elsewhere.

I hear ya, but if I took your advice Iíd still be at XJT. Instead Iím about to hit 3rd year pay and have 1k hrs in the A320. Im focusing elsewhere, but at least Iím not making 3rd year regional pay.

CaptCoolHand
12-22-2017, 03:04 PM
You can concentrate all you want... some times the call never comes.

Window opens Dec 26.

slimothy
12-22-2017, 03:14 PM

Thatís a fact, Jack.

pilotpayne
12-22-2017, 06:51 PM

Shhhhhh we donít talk like that here.

atrdriver
12-23-2017, 08:49 AM
Window opens Dec 26.

Wise advice. Even 2 of my last 3 captains are trying to get out and regret not doing so earlier. Anecdotal but you wouldn't hear that anecdote at a good place to work (wrt pay, schedules, work rules, etc).

cf105
12-23-2017, 12:54 PM
Window opens Dec 26.

I wonít take your advice though. Itís much better than what I have, better than going to Atlas or Spirit for me, putting all my concentration into it.

say again
12-23-2017, 02:00 PM
I wonít take your advice though. Itís much better than what I have, better than going to Atlas or Spirit for me, putting all my concentration into it.

Best of luck to you.

pilotpayne
12-23-2017, 04:54 PM
Wise advice. Even 2 of my last 3 captains are trying to get out and regret not doing so earlier. Anecdotal but you wouldn't hear that anecdote at a good place to work (wrt pay, schedules, work rules, etc).

Sometimes guys are a lot of talk and no action. But if they are senior to me Iím all for it :)

hyperboy
12-23-2017, 05:23 PM

Try my old crash with Delta pilots....

hyperboy
12-23-2017, 05:25 PM

ALL talk. less than 70 total attrition wise this year? Lotta a talka for these pilots? Calling the BS flag on what they are saying and actually doing......

It sounds good to say.

slimothy
12-23-2017, 06:10 PM
ALL talk. less than 70 total attrition wise this year? Lotta a talka for these pilots? Calling the BS flag on what they are saying and actually doing......

It sounds good to say.

Itís not just talk for most of us, the ball is in the court of the other airlines. If everybody who is whole heartedly applying elsewhere got a call, Iím not sure Big Blue could keep up with the attrition.

hyperboy
12-23-2017, 06:31 PM
Itís not just talk for most of us, the ball is in the court of the other airlines. If everybody who is whole heartedly applying elsewhere got a call, Iím not sure Big Blue could keep up with the attrition.

I guess I have just been hearing this for years. All the other airlines are hiring by the billions. But no one at JetBlue that wants to leave can get a call. What is that saying I guess I am not sure? JetBlue hired pilots that are not good enough to get on at these airlines? Which I know not the case cause they hired Pilot Payne and myself. or you all are over qualified. :D

I want pilots to be where they want to be. I guess I just don't understand the ones that I talk to and/or know that want to leave but can't get the call. I know plenty that are just not here at B6.

pilotpayne
12-24-2017, 10:50 AM
I guess I have just been hearing this for years. All the other airlines are hiring by the billions. But no one at JetBlue that wants to leave can get a call. What is that saying I guess I am not sure? JetBlue hired pilots that are not good enough to get on at these airlines? Which I know not the case cause they hired Pilot Payne and myself. or you all are over qualified. :D

I want pilots to be where they want to be. I guess I just don't understand the ones that I talk to and/or know that want to leave but can't get the call. I know plenty that are just not here at B6.

Donít bring me into this.
I was just saying captains are a lot of talk. Example no way am I extending, will you extend....yes.....:)

CaptCoolHand
12-25-2017, 03:40 AM
I was just saying captains are a lot of talk. Example no way am I extending, will you extend....yes.....:)

Man guys need to get a grip on that. I have rarely seen a time where Iíve been asked to extend when it was safe. Safety is the number one value.

slimothy
12-25-2017, 08:27 AM

But youíre an FO, so you donít have the option to refuse an extension, if the CA accepts it, without consulting you, your only recourse is to call in fatigued, correct, or am I missing something?

Also, for the CAs our there, stop accepting. And if you are so inclined, talk to the guy next to you first. He might not think the JFK-FLL following the delayed red eye trans con is such a cool idea. Youíre the boss, but teamwork makes the dream work.

hilltopflyer
12-25-2017, 08:37 AM
But youíre an FO, so you donít have the option to refuse an extension, if the CA accepts it, without consulting you, your only recourse is to call in fatigued, correct, or am I missing something?

Also, for the CAs our there, stop accepting. And if you are so inclined, talk to the guy next to you first. He might not think the JFK-FLL following the delayed red eye trans con is such a cool idea. Youíre the boss, but teamwork makes the dream work.

He might be the boss but not the boss if I fly fatigued or not.

slimothy
12-25-2017, 08:52 AM
He might be the boss but not the boss if I fly fatigued or not.

Right, Iím just saying itís a different, bigger pain in the a$$ process than if he simply asked before accepting an extension. Now I have to call in fatigued and it will be scrutinized over whether my fatigue was my own doing. Worth it, just a pain.

CaptCoolHand
12-25-2017, 11:18 AM
IMO capt should always discus extensions with the fo. But thatís just how I run my ship.

As an fo If youíre fatigued. Call it. Fill out the FCIR check all the boxes and youíll be taken care of. Read the fatigue guide in 365. Thereís a bunch of neat big SAT type words in there. Use them in your report. You will be paid as long as the fatigue was not induced by your own stupidity. Like I comuted..... or my kids..... or I...... so I couldnít sleep.

You will always be paid if it was fatigue induced by the operation or hotel issue.

pilotpayne
12-25-2017, 11:43 AM

Not an FO. I didnít mean to get into this I was just thinking of an example where you hear a lot of talk and when it comes down to it they fold.

For the record I have been asked 3 times always the same answer Iíll let you know when we are on that leg I canít make that decision right now. We refused 2 times and one was a decision between the fo and myself to keep going. But yes the way I run my ship is itís a crew decision not mine alone. If the FO is done so am I.

slimothy
12-25-2017, 05:49 PM
Not an FO. I didnít mean to get into this I was just thinking of an example where you hear a lot of talk and when it comes down to it they fold.

For the record I have been asked 3 times always the same answer Iíll let you know when we are on that leg I canít make that decision right now. We refused 2 times and one was a decision between the fo and myself to keep going. But yes the way I run my ship is itís a crew decision not mine alone. If the FO is done so am I.

Sorry, I thought I was replying to Hyperboy. You juicers all look alike to me🤣

pilotpayne
12-25-2017, 05:52 PM
Sorry, I thought I was replying to Hyperboy. You juicers all look alike to me🤣

I hope a real airline calls you soon:)
Fun game you got there.

But really Merry Christmas guys.

ccm303
12-26-2017, 09:11 AM
Morning Gents,

Did the application window open? I was on the site this morning and saw nothing new under the FO/Pilot position.

Armybeatnavy
12-26-2017, 10:46 AM
Morning Gents,

Did the application window open? I was on the site this morning and saw nothing new under the FO/Pilot position.

I haven't seen anything yet. Basically been glued to the screen all day.

ccm303
12-26-2017, 12:00 PM
I haven't seen anything yet. Basically been glued to the screen all day.

Lol, you too 😰

citxls
12-26-2017, 12:42 PM

Correct, FOís canít refuse an extension can only call out fatigued. Most of the time both dudes will talk about it before making the decision. Teamwork is key, especially when you can get totally screwed on those extensions...

Bozo the pilot
12-26-2017, 12:44 PM
Correct, FOís canít refuse an extension can only call out fatigued. Most of the time both dudes will talk about it before making the decision. Teamwork is key, especially when you can get totally screwed on those extensions...

Ive never understood why anyone would extend under the current work climate. Just say no.

Riverside
12-26-2017, 02:50 PM
Morning Gents,

Makes you want to work for JetBlue doesn't it?

Turbine
12-26-2017, 02:55 PM
Yeah, so much for the recent email stating that the window would open today.

The Jetblue application website is worse than a government website!

I'm convinced they use this setup to weed out those who don't reaallly want to work there. What other excuse would there be to have such a cumbersome and archaic system?!

citxls
12-26-2017, 03:38 PM

I'm convinced they use this setup to weed out those who don't reaallly want to work there. What other excuse would there be to have such a cumbersome and archaic system?!

IMHO itís better than that garbage airlineapps website. Especially considering the ridiculous rates they charge for the yearly membership, all the while taking money from the pockets of well qualified applicants.

goinaround
12-26-2017, 03:40 PM

I thought it was the easiest airline app to complete. Post your docs and answer some questions......

Xtreme87
12-26-2017, 05:00 PM
I thought it was the easiest airline app to complete. Post your docs and answer some questions......

Just kind of dumb to have to redo the whole thing every few months.

capt707
12-27-2017, 03:23 AM

Get used to it if you want to work here!

RedOverWhite
12-27-2017, 07:14 AM
From the latest iteration of the application.....

F a c e p a l m

hilltopflyer
12-27-2017, 09:20 AM

F a c e p a l m

Jb at its finest

AYLflyer
12-27-2017, 09:39 AM
IMHO itís better than that garbage airlineapps website. Especially considering the ridiculous rates they charge for the yearly membership, all the while taking money from the pockets of well qualified applicants.

I've been saying this for years. Airlineapps is one of the the biggest scams going in this industry. $65/year in order to apply to a company is lunacy. When I tell friends outside of the industry what the application process is like and I mention paying for the airlineapps, they just start laughing.

"Wait, so you have to PAY a company to apply to them? Sounds legit!"

Bozo the pilot
12-27-2017, 11:20 AM

F a c e p a l m

The limit is 3 accidents in the past 6 months-if youre under that, welcome aboard.:cool:

DelTacoBowl
12-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Does everyone go to JFK out of training? LGB super senior?

TransWorld
12-27-2017, 05:25 PM
Surprised it doesnít say enter a whole number greater than zero. Do not leave blank.:D

Riverside
12-27-2017, 05:45 PM
Does everyone go to JFK out of training? LGB super senior?

Did you forget about Boston? And good luck with LGB.

hilltopflyer
12-27-2017, 05:58 PM
Did you forget about Boston? And good luck with LGB.

Lgb has gone junior but there weren't any openings after last bid for new hires.

jstanotherpilot
12-30-2017, 08:08 AM
Can anyone shed light on if letters of rec from jetblue pilots have to be submitted in the supporting documents portion of the application? or does the employee later receive an email where he/she can submit their application seperately?

Thanks!!!

HeloBubba53
12-30-2017, 09:59 AM
Can anyone shed light on if letters of rec from jetblue pilots have to be submitted in the supporting documents portion of the application? or does the employee later receive an email where he/she can submit their application seperately?

Thanks!!!

As I recall there is a section for LORs in the application. You can copy and paste something in there or leave it blank I suppose. Once you have the face to face interview is when they want to see signed and dated letters of recommendation.

capt707
12-30-2017, 10:03 AM

Thanks!!!

You can, but I dont think they actually look at the rec letters until the interview.

Armybeatnavy
01-02-2018, 02:16 PM
I am assuming request for video interviews will be going out after the application window closes?

Essayons

Emptykitchen
01-04-2018, 07:01 AM
Does anyone know how to get around this problem? My application is stalled at this point. I've tried entering N/A, n/a, 0 and leaving blank. Nothing works.

Armybeatnavy
01-04-2018, 07:14 AM
Does anyone know how to get around this problem? My application is stalled at this point. I've tried entering N/A, n/a, 0 and leaving blank. Nothing works.

Zeros worked for me. If you have time try again and leave no spaces. Let me know if it still don't work.

Essayons

Kilroy
01-04-2018, 08:31 AM

I tried all Combinations as well. I finally just entered 0 to make it work. Iím sure Jetblue is aware of the problem even though they want you to enter N/A.

Bozo the pilot
01-04-2018, 08:47 AM
I tried all Combinations as well. I finally just entered 0 to make it work. Iím sure Jetblue is aware of the problem even though they want you to enter N/A.

Before you accept a job offer here, assume they're aware of nothing. Good luck and keep those apps out there.

RedOverWhite
01-05-2018, 09:29 AM

I entered 69 in some and 420 in others. I'll just explain it at the interview....

I kid, I kid. Zeros worked for me.

Flykilbosa
01-05-2018, 12:48 PM
What is the expected timeframe to hear back from JetBlue on the most recent job posting? Thanks

nuball5
01-05-2018, 03:01 PM
What is the expected timeframe to hear back from JetBlue on the most recent job posting? Thanks

A couple weeks to nothing at all.

CFDJC4
01-06-2018, 05:31 AM

I applied last April. They acknowledged the receipt or my app right away but it took them 4 months to send me the link to the video interview. I heard itís because they paused for the summer.

PotatoChip
01-06-2018, 06:07 AM
Training Failure vs Check ride Failure?

If you failed a check ride is that a training failure? So yes to both?

Emptykitchen
01-06-2018, 10:01 AM
A friend at JetBlue submitted an IT ticket and they said they fixed it. I finally got 0 to work but now can't get in at all to finish the app. Anyone else having trouble?

Riverside
01-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Training Failure vs Check ride Failure?

If you failed a check ride is that a training failure? So yes to both?

Have you ever training in a part 121, 135, and or 91 world? Big difference between a training and a FAA checkride.

jstanotherpilot
01-06-2018, 11:18 AM
A friend at JetBlue submitted an IT ticket and they said they fixed it. I finally got 0 to work but now can't get in at all to finish the app. Anyone else having trouble?

Can't get the page to load either. I've asked a couple friends and the website isn't working for anyone right now. Hope it works later today!!

Is the window opened till the 16th?

PotatoChip
01-06-2018, 12:23 PM
Have you ever training in a part 121, 135, and or 91 world? Big difference between a training and a FAA checkride.

I feel like some words are missing from this post.

Riverside
01-06-2018, 12:29 PM
I feel like some words are missing from this post.

Lol only one word "done." But yeah that's the difference between the two.

mkfmbos
01-06-2018, 06:14 PM
Can't get the page to load either. I've asked a couple friends and the website isn't working for anyone right now. Hope it works later today!!

Is the window opened till the 16th?

I submitted a "0" and it worked. Hopefully they don't hold it against me.

The website has worked fine for me although I am on the other side of the world so maybe its because no one is submitting apps at 3am.

If the site is getting bogged down, I wonder how many apps they are getting at each application window.

According to the email, the window is open until the 16th. I have no insider information.

Riverside
01-07-2018, 06:40 AM
If the site is getting bogged down, I wonder how many apps they are getting at each application window.

Not as many as they used to get.

nutellacookies
01-07-2018, 01:28 PM
What are realistic hiring minimums right now? I'm a military guy and have my ATP checkride scheduled in June due to a deployment. It'll be an R-ATP for a while. Only have around 800 TT but most of it is heavy jet time.

BeatNavy
01-07-2018, 01:58 PM
What are realistic hiring minimums right now? I'm a military guy and have my ATP checkride scheduled in June due to a deployment. It'll be an R-ATP for a while. Only have around 800 TT but most of it is heavy jet time.

Full ATP still required I believe. They say 2k for fighters, 3-4K for mil transport, and 5-6k for straight civ. I’ve seen it vary though. Apparently we just hired a straight civilian guy with 2600 hours. I know a helo guy hired a couple years ago with 2600 total and 700 jet.

Now that algos and HR people (led by a gal who pronounced “PIC time” as “pick time” in front of a bunch of military veteran JetBlue pilot applicants) are doing the interview selection instead of pilots it may change things. I’ve also heard they are shying away from quality mil guys because of the flight risk to real airlines (mil guys seem to be the majority of who leaves after starting here so I guess it makes business sense). Hopefully hyperboy can chime in with more real data.

Tom a Hawk
01-07-2018, 02:41 PM
Full ATP still required I believe. They say 2k for fighters, 3-4K for mil transport, and 5-6k for straight civ. Iíve seen it vary though. Apparently we just hired a straight civilian guy with 2600 hours. I know a helo guy hired a couple years ago with 2600 total and 700 jet.

Now that algos and HR people (led by a gal who pronounced ďPIC timeĒ as ďpick timeĒ in front of a bunch of military veteran JetBlue pilot applicants) are doing the interview selection instead of pilots it may change things. Iíve also heard they are shying away from quality mil guys because of the flight risk to real airlines (mil guys seem to be the majority of who leaves after starting here so I guess it makes business sense). Hopefully hyperboy can chime in with more real data.

Ha! Love it. Not as funny as when some fresh faced kid says theyíre working on getting their ďprivatesĒ liscense, though.

nutellacookies
01-07-2018, 03:22 PM
Ha! Love it. Not as funny as when some fresh faced kid says they’re working on getting their “privates” liscense, though.

What?! So you're tell me that a military guy needs 3-4K hours before JB will consider them to fly their airplanes but they'll take the kid that spent 2 years sittin seat meat at CAE for 1500 hours as part of a "gateway program" :confused:

slimothy
01-07-2018, 03:24 PM
What?! So you're tell me that a military guy needs 3-4K hours before JB will consider them to fly their airplanes but they'll take the kid that spent 2 years sittin seat meat at CAE for 1500 hours as part of a "gateway program" is qualified? :confused:

I got on with 1200RW, 1600 ME and 100 SE, all mil. So under 3000,

Bozo the pilot
01-07-2018, 03:26 PM
What?! So you're tell me that a military guy needs 3-4K hours before JB will consider them to fly their airplanes but they'll take the kid that spent 2 years sittin seat meat at CAE for 1500 hours as part of a "gateway program" :confused:

This would shock you considering the way B6 handles just about everything?

nutellacookies
01-07-2018, 03:30 PM
This would shock you considering the way B6 handles just about everything?

Maybe I should be a flight attendant and enter the "crew member" gateway. Then I'll be qualified.:rolleyes:

Bozo the pilot
01-07-2018, 03:36 PM
Maybe I should be a flight attendant and enter the "crew member" gateway. Then I'll be qualified.:rolleyes:

Repeat after me-- "legacy" Good luck man;)

Coke Pilot
01-07-2018, 09:04 PM
Where to park in FLL if my base is JFK, do we have employees parking in FLL While my base is Kennedy. What to do. ????

say again
01-08-2018, 04:00 PM

Yeah, go for it! :rolleyes:

coopervane
01-08-2018, 08:41 PM
You WILL regret coming here..... many of us trying to leave.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 12:09 AM
You WILL regret coming here..... many of us trying to leave.

Weren't you one of the guys busting on me for being negative not too long ago? Or do I have you mixed up?

Either way, the morale is certainly changing fast round here. And not for the better.

coopervane
01-09-2018, 05:48 AM
Weren't you one of the guys busting on me for being negative not too long ago? Or do I have you mixed up?

Either way, the morale is certainly changing fast round here. And not for the better.

Nope....not me. Iíve been negative for years.

Iím truly astonished how bad a ďmajorĒ can be....with threads on a message board screaming about the incompetency of the leadership and the repeated loss of operational control and 3 posts later you see ďuh....hey guys...when is the app window open? And ďit took me 17 hours to complete my online application because it kept crashing......BTW which base is most junior?Ē

Screaming into the wind.

PotatoChip
01-09-2018, 06:22 AM
Nope....not me. Iíve been negative for years.

Iím truly astonished how bad a ďmajorĒ can be....with threads on a message board screaming about the incompetency of the leadership and the repeated loss of operational control and 3 posts later you see ďuh....hey guys...when is the app window open? And ďit took me 17 hours to complete my online application because it kept crashing......BTW which base is most junior?Ē

Screaming into the wind.

While I donít disagree with this, I also have some friends that are happy there. I can also say that there are tons of us with apps out at the big 3 plus SWA not getting a call... so, if JB calls weíll probably take it. If nothing else it will be a stepping stone, or a better long term career possibility than ExpressJet. Just sayin...

And some of us live in BOS/JFK areas, which helps.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 06:45 AM
While I donít disagree with this, I also have some friends that are happy there. I can also say that there are tons of us with apps out at the big 3 plus SWA not getting a call... so, if JB calls weíll probably take it. If nothing else it will be a stepping stone, or a better long term career possibility than ExpressJet. Just sayin...

I've met a LOT of JB pilots who are not happy here, BUT they won't allow themselves to admit it to old colleagues from their former regional because they don't want to be viewed as having an inferior job to those that actually made it to a real major. Keep that in mind, it's sad but true.

Kilroy
01-09-2018, 07:08 AM
I've met a LOT of JB pilots who are not happy here, BUT they won't allow themselves to admit it to old colleagues from their former regional because they don't want to be viewed as having an inferior job to those that actually made it to a real major. Keep that in mind, it's sad but true.

Every airline has problems. Everyone always complain. Thatís the pilots code. I for one would love to work for JB. Itís still a young company with growing pains. It will get better in time and I hope Iím there to see it happen. JB will one day be better and bigger. You guys are in the best position.

atrdriver
01-09-2018, 07:13 AM
Every airline has problems. Everyone always complain. Thatís the pilots code. I for one would love to work for JB. Itís still a young company with growing pains. It will get better in time and I hope Iím there to see it happen. JB will one day be better and bigger. You guys are in the best position.

Yeah, every young company is run on disingenuity and manipulation of their employees. Don't worry, they'll grow out of it. :rolleyes:

ClearRight0528
01-09-2018, 08:06 AM
Applied to this current window got email saying ďThanks for applyingĒ right after Submited

In application status doesnít show received , just shows received apps from the last windows.

Apply again?

Thanks
Go Bama

JAH0908
01-09-2018, 12:37 PM
anyone here interviewing in February?

say again
01-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Yeah, every young company is run on disingenuity and manipulation of their employees. Don't worry, they'll grow out of it. :rolleyes:

Not every young company, but every company. Some just have better pay and work rules to deal with it.

say again
01-09-2018, 12:49 PM

There's a mix that are happy and those that are unhappy. I fall in between depending on the day. Recently it's been the latter.

Xtreme87
01-09-2018, 01:28 PM
Not every young company, but every company. Some just have better pay and work rules to deal with it.

Not every company does the things this place does. The sneaky back door tricks to try to get every single penny out. Goes against a lot of their Ďvaluesí they claim to have.

Kilroy
01-09-2018, 01:33 PM
anyone here interviewing in February?

Are you interviewing? If so when did you apply and how long for the invite.

say again
01-09-2018, 01:44 PM
Not every company does the things this place does. The sneaky back door tricks to try to get every single penny out. Goes against a lot of their Ďvaluesí they claim to have.

Welcome to management tactics 101. Their "values" don't mean squat when it comes to making the investors money. It's a show. They want theirs and we want ours. Until we get ours and they get us the CBA we deserve, they can talk values until they're blue in the face.

JAH0908
01-09-2018, 02:30 PM
Are you interviewing? If so when did you apply and how long for the invite.

applied in the oct window, did the video interview on dec 22nd and got the F2F email on the 3rd. scheduled for feb.

hilltopflyer
01-09-2018, 03:49 PM
applied in the oct window, did the video interview on dec 22nd and got the F2F email on the 3rd. scheduled for feb.

Anyone that goes and pickets with us I'll write letters of rec for. I'll make sure I personalize it for each one of you.

EuroMexPilot
01-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Anyone mind sharing the equipment/base spread of the most recent classes?
If someone wanted the bus strictly for the purposes of being able to get LGB at some point, what are the chances they will be forced to take the E190?

CaptCoolHand
01-11-2018, 02:37 PM
Anyone mind sharing the equipment/base spread of the most recent classes?
If someone wanted the bus strictly for the purposes of being able to get LGB at some point, what are the chances they will be forced to take the E190?

Depends on your age. Oldest to youngest. There have been cases when newbs get lgb in Indoc. Iíve seen it twice in ten years.
Worst case 2yrs and you bid in.

thrufru
01-20-2018, 04:57 AM
Where to park in FLL if my base is JFK, do we have employees parking in FLL While my base is Kennedy. What to do. ????

You park in the employee lot just as if you were based in FLL. You have to pay the monthly fee out of your own pocket, but JetBlue reimburses up to $40 per month and the monthly parking rate for a commuter parking in FLL is less than that, so you'll be fully reimbursed in your paycheck. The BOS Chief Pilot's Office only required the initial receipt and they used that to set up an automatic monthly reimbursement in my paycheck. I'd imagine they'd do the same in JFK.

CFDJC4
01-22-2018, 04:17 PM
You park in the employee lot just as if you were based in FLL. You have to pay the monthly fee out of your own pocket, but JetBlue reimburses up to $40 per month and the monthly parking rate for a commuter parking in FLL is less than that, so you'll be fully reimbursed in your paycheck. The BOS Chief Pilot's Office only required the initial receipt and they used that to set up an automatic monthly reimbursement in my paycheck. I'd imagine they'd do the same in JFK.

Does the reimbursement apply to other domiciles as well?

CaptCoolHand
01-22-2018, 04:20 PM
Does the reimbursement apply to other domiciles as well?

Pretty sure you get $40/mo

Chicken Taco
01-22-2018, 07:48 PM
Pretty sure you get $40/mo

Yep, that's it. Any pilot can request the reimbursement in lieu of in-base parking. No documentation required..

Kilroy
01-26-2018, 04:49 AM
Anyone get the video or F2F invite since the new app window for January yet? Still waiting....

lostmybearing
01-26-2018, 06:38 AM
Still waiting here as well. I have heard from a reputable internal source that no calls have gone out yet.

mkfmbos
01-27-2018, 03:34 AM
Still crickets from my end. Applied in Feb, April, May, October, and Jan.

7500TT
1800TPIC

Rascal
01-27-2018, 03:44 AM
Still crickets from my end. Applied in Feb, April, May, October, and Jan.

7500TT
1800TPIC

You are overqualified. They know that you will eventually leave. Don't waste your time applying here unless you want to be second lowest paid Airbus pilot in the USA.

mkfmbos
01-27-2018, 04:08 AM
You are overqualified. They know that you will eventually leave. Don't waste your time applying here unless you want to be second lowest paid Airbus pilot in the USA.

I will be driving to work so I most likely wont leave. So there is that. Cover letter made that apparant, if they even read it. Reality aside, I don't think I'm overqualified. I'm a professional aviator with hours on the low side of the average in the United States with a lot to learn. The interview and selection process is not the easiest so if they wanted bums that have no options, why make the interview process difficult? Seems like an identity crisis.

Rascal
01-27-2018, 04:29 AM
I will be driving to work so I most likely wont leave. So there is that. Cover letter made that apparant, if they even read it. Reality aside, I don't think I'm overqualified. I'm a professional aviator with hours on the low side of the average in the United States with a lot to learn. The interview and selection process is not the easiest so if they wanted bums that have no options, why make the interview process difficult? Seems like an identity crisis.

Our scheduling is so bad that you would likely get more days at home while commuting to a job at real Major. In addition, the latest MEC email states that the company is asking for scheduling concessions. Add the 30-40% less compensation than our peers why would you come here?

mkfmbos
01-27-2018, 06:07 AM
Our scheduling is so bad that you would likely get more days at home while commuting to a job at real Major. In addition, the latest MEC email states that the company is asking for scheduling concessions. Add the 30-40% less compensation than our peers why would you come here?

I've seen my friends schedule there at 3 years seniority and he has 17 18 off a month with 80+ hours credit. If I commute, on a terrible month where nothing works out that could be reduced to 10 days at home.

To me, living in base is worth millions.

Gearswinger
01-27-2018, 06:31 AM
I've seen my friends schedule there at 3 years seniority and he has 17 18 off a month with 80+ hours credit. If I commute, on a terrible month where nothing works out that could be reduced to 10 days at home.

Thatís really the key and why I am here, and why Iíd think most people in Boston are here. If I had to commute? Hell no. If I lived near NY? Iíd have come here if they were the first offer but still worked my ass off to get to a legacy. If Boston closed tomorrow, Iíd imagine a ton of people would bail immediately.

say again
01-27-2018, 06:38 AM

That's very close to what my sched looks like. Away 6-7 days per month. My times were similar to what you have when I got an interview, FWIW

Bluedriver
01-27-2018, 07:02 AM

I commute, and have not spent a single night in base in a couple of years. Don't be a drama queen.

Commuting to a real airline is more than worth it. Especially since your commute would be much shorter than mine.

The fact that you are not listening to people with significant JB experience tells me you probably aren't hirable at a real airline.

mkfmbos
01-27-2018, 09:26 AM
I commute, and have not spent a single night in base in a couple of years. Don't be a drama queen.

Commuting to a real airline is more than worth it. Especially since your commute would be much shorter than mine.

The fact that you are not listening to people with significant JB experience tells me you probably aren't hirable at a real airline.

Well, I feel like if I continue argueing I will end up with 1390 posts on APC so I think I'll stop after this one. I think I'll go and do something productive.

BeatNavy
01-27-2018, 09:41 AM
Well, I feel like if I continue argueing I will end up with 1390 posts on APC so I think I'll stop after this one. I think I'll go and do something productive.

Like apply to a real airline that respects and pays their pilots accordingly? Applying to jetblue is as useful as posting 1390 APC posts. And leads to the same amount of frustration...or more.

Jumpseatah
02-01-2018, 04:55 AM
I know they said Jan 16, but is the window still open? I can still access their First Officer application page, and start a new app, as of today..

Kilroy
02-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Anyone have any insight to the video interview part. I have one coming up and wanted to get the type of questions I can expect.

Riverside
02-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Anyone have any insight to the video interview part. I have one coming up and wanted to get the type of questions I can expect.

Did you try the search function? There are a couple topics on it already.

Kilroy
02-06-2018, 12:12 PM
Did you try the search function? There are a couple topics on it already.

Yea found it. Looking forward to it.

Riverside
02-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Yea found it. Looking forward to it.

Yay. Good luck, I think you have 7 days to compete it.

Nordopilot
02-08-2018, 05:55 AM
3.5K TT, 2K SIC 121, 0 TPIC, & no training failures triggered the video interview email for me.

Rascal
02-08-2018, 06:59 AM
3.5K TT, 2K SIC 121, 0 TPIC, & no training failures triggered the video interview email for me.

Don't do it.

Kilroy
02-08-2018, 10:21 AM

I did the video interview. It was great..

Resume review

What would you change about you are the company

Obstacle you encounter at work

Core values which one would family say is you

Flight hours last 12 months

Any incidents or accidents

Check ride failures explain if any

Overall not bad at all. JetBlue is definitely a place I want to be for the remaining of my career. Final stop for me...

BeatNavy
02-08-2018, 11:18 AM
I did the video interview. It was great..

Resume review

What would you change about you are the company

Obstacle you encounter at work

Core values which one would family say is you

Flight hours last 12 months

Any incidents or accidents

Check ride failures explain if any

Overall not bad at all. JetBlue is definitely a place I want to be for the remaining of my career. Final stop for me...

Sounds like our targeted hiring/algorithm is working. And HB is selling the juice well lol (kidding HB, kind of). I used to like the juice. Had the same sentiments 2-3 years ago when I was in your shoes. Company really beat it out of me though with their shenanigans. Hopefully it gets better here. Just know what you are getting into, because many of us think it will be like this for a while.

Kilroy
02-08-2018, 11:55 AM
Sounds like our targeted hiring/algorithm is working. And HB is selling the juice well lol (kidding HB, kind of). I used to like the juice. Had the same sentiments 2-3 years ago when I was in your shoes. Company really beat it out of me though with their shenanigans. Hopefully it gets better here. Just know what you are getting into, because many of us think it will be like this for a while.

Right now you guys are going through negotiations. Once that is complete people will be happy again. Going to jet blue is already a 10 step up for me from where Iím at. Remember itís a young company that will grow bigger. Good times ahead.

BeatNavy
02-08-2018, 12:24 PM
Right now you guys are going through negotiations. Once that is complete people will be happy again. Going to jet blue is already a 10 step up for me from where Iím at. Remember itís a young company that will grow bigger. Good times ahead.

We are in negotiations? Thanks for the update. And itís not just negotiations. Itís a labor dispute with the company making ridiculous offers for below market rate wages with work rules not even in the ballpark of any other airline. The company has inflicted permanent harm to pilot goodwill, not just during the last 3 years of negotiations, hence why a union was voted in. Many wonít ever be happy again here, even with a delta contract, and will never trust management. Thanks for reminding me itís a young company. Itís not really the young hip company it used to be. Itís an 18 year old company. We arenít a startup anymore. While we are a growth company, our growth prospects arenít that great. 3-5% a year, maybe. We arenít growing west anytime soon. Thatís a fact. And east coast growth is slow. We are growing slower than every other airline I believe, even during the best of times. Once you get here, go into the seniority calculator on the company website. Itíll be a nice kick in the junk.

Bozo the pilot
02-08-2018, 12:30 PM

You know nothing about this company or situation. When you get aboard and learn something, lets hear what tune you sing.
Not meant to be attacking, but your rosey assessment is baseless.
Good luck in your search- hope you get on here if its what you want.

Bluedriver
02-08-2018, 03:12 PM

Just so you understand our growth slows a little more every year. Our growth is absolutely slowing and your progression appears to be very slow compared to almost all of our peers with the information available right now.

kikojump
07-28-2018, 04:10 AM
Anyone know when the next window is?

seekingblue
07-28-2018, 06:37 AM

Not sure. With the Contract in place, they should have better visibility on future staffing requirements-- which will be a higher staffing rate than we have now.

Kilroy
07-28-2018, 06:55 AM

Probably soon so keep an eye out for it. Once you apply it takes 6 to 8 months to hit property.

Cirrusly
07-28-2018, 07:23 AM
Probably soon so keep an eye out for it. Once you apply it takes 6 to 8 months to hit property.

Donít you think that number is going to come down? We were being told if the TA passed JetBlue would throttle new hire training.

Bluedriver
07-28-2018, 07:49 AM
Donít you think that number is going to come down? We were being told if the TA passed JetBlue would throttle new hire training.

Who exactly is "we"? And who said that to "we"?

Cirrusly
07-28-2018, 08:37 AM
Who exactly is "we"? And who said that to "we"?

We(applicants) were being told this on our interview day. The person was from the training department and said training would ramp up if the TA passed. Also mentioned training delays could go down too. Not sure if this was just a big ďpitchĒ for JetBlue

BuckeyeFO
07-28-2018, 09:18 AM
We(applicants) were being told this on our interview day. The person was from the training department and said training would ramp up if the TA passed. Also mentioned training delays could go down too. Not sure if this was just a big ďpitchĒ for JetBlue

everything at JB is a "pitch"

Bluedriver
07-28-2018, 10:00 AM

Thanks. We (line pilots) were told nothing.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1