Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Norfolk Crashpad

DROCK
12-21-2017, 12:35 AM
I own a condo in downtown Norfolk/Ghent from my military days. I was thinking of renting it out as a pilot crash pad? Does anyone have any experience doing this and know whether or not it's worth it? I currently have a property manager and it's leased out, but would consider converting it to a crash pad. Thanks for the advice.

Swakid8
12-21-2017, 03:01 AM
I own a condo in downtown Norfolk/Ghent from my military days. I was thinking of renting it out as a pilot crash pad? Does anyone have any experience doing this and know whether or not it's worth it? I currently have a property manager and it's leased out, but would consider converting it to a crash pad. Thanks for the advice.

The problem is ORF is closing then isn't a crew base for any one there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day4mx
12-21-2017, 06:40 AM
Airbnb.com

redbaronahp
12-31-2017, 01:22 AM
The problem is ORF is closing then isn't a crew base for any one there

Just wait for PSA to move in. The CEO said he wants to align maintenance bases and crew bases and also told the pilot group that they are seriously considering a Norfolk crew base.

prex8390
12-31-2017, 04:49 AM
Just wait for PSA to move in. The CEO said he wants to align maintenance bases and crew bases and also told the pilot group that they are seriously considering a Norfolk crew base.

Norfolk is a hot ticket for some reason. Probaky governent contracts with all the military bases. Before air Wisconsin, piedmont had a base here and at one point usair mainline did. So I believe it 100%

mainlineAF
12-31-2017, 05:00 AM
Norfolk is a hot ticket for some reason. Probaky governent contracts with all the military bases. Before air Wisconsin, piedmont had a base here and at one point usair mainline did. So I believe it 100%

The original piedmont had a crew base in orf from the 50s until 87 or 88.

Swakid8
01-01-2018, 06:01 AM

That is a good point.

MKUltra
01-08-2018, 09:12 AM

Our management at pdt is all hot and heavy over orf and rdu.

NCPilot69
05-21-2018, 01:54 PM
PSA hose opened ORF as a crew base as of May 1. They are also continuing to expand it with ops and maintenance. Would love to see a crash pad open in the area! 😊

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1