Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

GoodRide
12-21-2017, 08:55 PM
Those of you who use the app know that one of the benefits is that you can choose to format your logbook with name brand logbook formats (ASA, Jepps, etc). Additionally, you can select from fully-customizable and international options, like the Coradine Internetional or Coradine Dynamic. I’m curious to see if any formats have had repeatable success at an interview with SWA?

Thanks and fly safe

flyguy81
12-22-2017, 07:02 AM
Those of you who use the app know that one of the benefits is that you can choose to format your logbook with name brand logbook formats (ASA, Jepps, etc). Additionally, you can select from fully-customizable and international options, like the Coradine Internetional or Coradine Dynamic. I’m curious to see if any formats have had repeatable success at an interview with SWA?

Thanks and fly safe

Used the Jepp 27 line format and had it printed at Kinkos and put it in a Logbook Solutions binder. Got a lot of compliments at the interview. YMMV

emersonbiguns
12-22-2017, 10:05 AM
Got a lot of compliments at the interview.

But, did you get hired?

flyguy81
12-22-2017, 01:09 PM
But, did you get hired?

Yep...been here 2+ yrs

GoodRide
12-22-2017, 10:18 PM
Used the Jepp 27 line format and had it printed at Kinkos and put it in a Logbook Solutions binder. Got a lot of compliments at the interview. YMMV

Their stuff looks awesome, thanks for the tip. Was it price that made you choose to go to Kinkos over relying on Logbook Solutions to do the whole thing? The LS cost of $0.20 per page doesn’t seem that unreasonable. Did they sell you the binder separately?

PS that Jepp format is one of my favs. Did they ask about any data fields that weren’t included, such as a general “turbine” column? Reason I ask is I have a few thousand hours of turboprop time that will not show up in the “jet” column of the Jepp Pro 27 format, and won’t be classified as anything other than TT, AMEL, PIC/SIC etc

flyguy81
12-23-2017, 12:41 AM
Their stuff looks awesome, thanks for the tip. Was it price that made you choose to go to Kinkos over relying on Logbook Solutions to do the whole thing? The LS cost of $0.20 per page doesn’t seem that unreasonable. Did they sell you the binder separately?

PS that Jepp format is one of my favs. Did they ask about any data fields that weren’t included, such as a general “turbine” column? Reason I ask is I have a few thousand hours of turboprop time that will not show up in the “jet” column of the Jepp Pro 27 format, and won’t be classified as anything other than TT, AMEL, PIC/SIC etc

I did kinkos so I could veto something and refuse to pay if it didn’t lol that way I wanted. Can’t remember how much I ended up paying. Bought the binder separately.

They didn’t care that I didn’t have “complex” or “HP” time showing. Email the guys at Coradine and they can help you tweak it to fit what you want...like change jet to turbine or whatever.

DAL07
12-23-2017, 07:15 AM
Was just hired, interviewed early December. I also used LogTen for my civilian time. And had a spreadsheet and tabbed logbooks for my Mil time.

I’ll be honest of the 30 or so minutes I spent with the Retired CAPT doing the logbook review we spent MAYBE 5 min verifying it and the rest of the time talking. (Ie tell me about your career, TMAAT)

emersonbiguns
12-23-2017, 07:21 AM
Yep...been here 2+ yrs

Excellent.

I've spent the last month or so getting everything into LBTP and ran the first output. Very happy with how everything looks, but there seem to be some ongoing problems with the latest version. Not sure if I will continue with it if/when I get hired.

Tenacvols
12-23-2017, 08:34 AM
I use Log Ten Pro as well. I forget the exact format I used for printing out my logbook, but I also added the Pilot Credentials Summary page. I also used Kinkos to print it out. I printed out two copies and had the appropriate information tabbed and highlighted in both copies so I could follow along with him. I also brought my iPad which came in handy when he asked for a couple of time that wasn’t in the paperwork that they sent out (forget what the times were since my interview was over a year ago). I was able to quickly search and get the number he needed. I still use Log Ten Pro and fill it out as part of my preflight and post flight flow. Good luck on the interview!!

flyguy81
12-23-2017, 09:40 AM
Was just hired, interviewed early December. I also used LogTen for my civilian time. And had a spreadsheet and tabbed logbooks for my Mil time.

I’ll be honest of the 30 or so minutes I spent with the Retired CAPT doing the logbook review we spent MAYBE 5 min verifying it and the rest of the time talking. (Ie tell me about your career, TMAAT)

Same. He told me we were done and had to BS for the next 20 min or he’d get yelled at for cutting me loose so early.

Wingsuit
12-23-2017, 06:10 PM
I used the Jepp 27 look as well. I used prosoftbinders.com for the printing. A little pricy but I was extremely happy with the way it turned out. They have a quick turn around also if you need it.

My logbook review was similar to others. About 5 minutes of verifying my times then the rest was small talk type questions. At the end she asked me about vacation ideas because her and her husband were traveling to where I live.

Fuseplug
12-24-2017, 07:42 AM
Jepp 27 here as well for my interviews back in 2015. I had my logbook printed and shipped to me by FedEx using their online print services. I did a spiral binding on it with a clear cover and plastic back. The spiral binding allowed me to update the last few pages of the logbook without reprinting the whole thing. I just ordered the last few pages with the spiral binding and cheap covers. It's fairly simple to unscrew the binding, add the updated pages then re-screw in the spiral.

GoodRide
12-25-2017, 09:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the input!

Squallrider
02-14-2018, 11:54 AM
Curios what times they are looking for in the logbook review portion?

I see 1000 TPIC , Total PIC jet, 2500 hours total, Type Ratings (If you did this in the sim and didn't log it what would you put?) and failed check rides . Anything else? Do they care about Cross country time, night time etc?

Regarding the format of the logbook, when you send it to logbook solutions do they just print out all the columns? Some of the stuff I don't need in there like who I flew with, in and out times etc. as I didn't constantly log those (but I can go back and put it all in if need be)

2strokin
02-14-2018, 01:43 PM
Curios what times they are looking for in the logbook review portion?

I see 1000 TPIC , Total PIC jet, 2500 hours total, Type Ratings (If you did this in the sim and didn't log it what would you put?) and failed check rides . Anything else? Do they care about Cross country time, night time etc?

Regarding the format of the logbook, when you send it to logbook solutions do they just print out all the columns? Some of the stuff I don't need in there like who I flew with, in and out times etc. as I didn't constantly log those (but I can go back and put it all in if need be)

Have your total time and pic time broken down for months 0-12 12-24 24-36 etc for a 5 year look back. They didn't ask about night or cross country. I carried a little spreadsheet of my flight time breakdown in to the log book review and they seemed to like that.

It was pretty laid back. Just have those times tabbed that they ask for in the interview email and that 5 year look back and you'll be fine.

80emb145
02-14-2018, 02:56 PM
I can all but promise you that if you received the interview invite, your logbook format will in no way have any bearing on your chances of being hired.

at6d
02-15-2018, 11:31 AM
Agreed. If you interview, it’s your job to lose.

They are looking to see that your logbook adds up to your resume. It’s a cross check. The interviewer may even ask some questions based on the logbook (I was asked about some radial experience). It’s all part of “are you who you say you are” and “do we want to be in the airplane with you for x days?”

Whatever the format, be able to prove the mins, be sure the times add up, and that your logbook doesn’t look like a dumpster fire.