Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Education experience on app

btodd77
12-24-2017, 05:38 AM
Do they just want your college information, or do they want high school as well??
Thanks
BT

2strokin
12-24-2017, 07:06 AM
Do they just want your college information, or do they want high school as well??
Thanks
BT

Check the box if you have a high school diploma/GED. The rest is for College info.

If you get the interview, another tab will be visible that says, "Hiring Information" That form has a section where you fill out your High School info.

Machtransition
12-24-2017, 10:21 AM
On this topic,

Do you think it is alright to list college if itís still in progress? I just listed my start date, no end date since Iím still working on it, and then left the degree obtained box empty with an explanation of what Iím pursuing on the major box.

-mach

Wingsuit
12-24-2017, 02:08 PM
On this topic,

Do you think it is alright to list college if itís still in progress? I just listed my start date, no end date since Iím still working on it, and then left the degree obtained box empty with an explanation of what Iím pursuing on the major box.

-mach

I did just this and I was hired. Still working on the 4 yr. Had the Associates from a while back though. They asked briefly about it during my interview but didnít seem to make a big deal over it.

Laramie
12-24-2017, 04:08 PM
On this topic,

-mach

Just remember to finish. For your own self-esteem.

Machtransition
12-25-2017, 05:57 PM
Thanks Wingsuit

Laramie, most certainly I will!

Typhoondiver
12-25-2017, 08:01 PM
I did just this and I was hired. Still working on the 4 yr. Had the Associates from a while back though. They asked briefly about it during my interview but didnít seem to make a big deal over it.
Take a look at SWAís tuition reimbursement program if you have not already. Very easy application process. It is awesome and pays for my Masters Degree. Only limfac is that I can only take two classes per year. Otherwise I would exceed the $5,000 per year maximum reimbursement for a graduate program.

Machtransition
12-26-2017, 06:04 AM
Take a look at SWAís tuition reimbursement program if you have not already. Very easy application process. It is awesome and pays for my Masters Degree. Only limfac is that I can only take two classes per year. Otherwise I would exceed the $5,000 per year maximum reimbursement for a graduate program.

Hi Typhoon,

Are employees eligible upon hire, or is there a wait time?

mmr1994
12-27-2017, 11:17 AM
On PC under education it reads Highest level of education and on Southwest ICIMS it reads Highest education completed in the drop downs. If persuing a Bachelors degree, should that be indicated in these drop downs or should Associates degree be indicated?

Laramie
12-27-2017, 01:10 PM
On PC under education it reads Highest level of education and on Southwest ICIMS it reads Highest education completed in the drop downs. If persuing a Bachelors degree, should that be indicated in these drop downs or should Associates degree be indicated?

Based on the wording, what would you propose to enter? Seems self-explanatory to me.

Typhoondiver
01-06-2018, 09:18 AM
Hi Typhoon,

Are employees eligible upon hire, or is there a wait time?
Sorry it took a while. The tuition reimbursement program mentions in the requirements ďto be an active employee and stay with the company for two years after last reimbursementĒ. Also the annual limit on undergraduate programs is $2,500, $5,000 for graduate programs.

Machtransition
01-11-2018, 03:26 PM

Hey MMR,

For what it's worth, here's how I did it.

I just recently started school online. So on pilot credentials I created an entry for the school, listed a start date, NO end date, and no degree obviously. In the major box I listed what I'm pursuing.

mmr1994
01-11-2018, 04:13 PM
Hey MMR,

For what it's worth, here's how I did it.

I just recently started school online. So on pilot credentials I created an entry for the school, listed a start date, NO end date, and no degree obviously. In the major box I listed what I'm pursuing.

Machtransition
Thanks for your reply. That is what I have done as well. I have an Associates degree and I am in the process of finishing my Bachelors degree.

btodd77
01-11-2018, 04:47 PM
Machtransition
Thanks for your reply. That is what I have done as well. I have an Associates degree and I am in the process of finishing my Bachelors degree.

Good luck on your degrees guys.
BT

Padre Mac
01-14-2018, 11:42 AM
I am in the process of taking my final class with an online college for my Bachelors degree. The class ends on the 3rd of March but the college wonít confer the degree until 15 May. My advisor offered to provide me a Letter of Qualification for meeting their degree requirements. Thoughts on marking having the degree completed on the 3rd of March?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk