Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : 10/18 Interview

Whiskey44
12-29-2017, 06:13 AM
Has anyone from this date or other October dates received a class date yet?

CFDJC4
12-29-2017, 10:00 AM
I was in the 10/4 group. No class yet but according to the latest update email, they will be finalizing the late January class this week. 🤞🏽

Kilroy
12-31-2017, 07:48 AM
Any suggestions on a prep course for a interview with JB. Seems that the only way to get hired.

SmitteyB
12-31-2017, 07:57 AM
Itís not the only way to get hired here. Many have been successful without doing interview prep.

For me - having been without formal interview prep in my career it helped....somewhat.

I did Emerald Coast. I did a couple webinars as well as went thru the course material. It is very much geared towards the military crowd, but a good deal of useful information.

If you chose not to do the prep then just go thru the gouge and be professional and personable. Show that you care about customers and co workers. Know the values and have a smile on your face. Want to work at JB.

Half of the battle is getting the interview. I spent 6 years applying and finally got on here in the summer (even then only with a BlueDart). They want people who want to be here and will likely see thru those that are looking for a stepping stone.

Good luck!

BeatNavy
12-31-2017, 08:47 AM
Any suggestions on a prep course for a interview with JB. Seems that the only way to get hired.

I did no interview prep for JB and got hired on the first interview. I later did emerald coast when I was trying to go to a different airline and feel like the $400 I spent was wasted. Some guys swear by it. Ymmv. But JetBlue doesnít expect you to do interview prep. They want to get to know you and make sure you did homework on the company and at least prepped yourself, though. Plenty of free gouge out there on the internet.

Combatcraig
12-31-2017, 09:46 AM
I did no interview prep for JB and got hired on the first interview. I later did emerald coast when I was trying to go to a different airline and feel like the $400 I spent was wasted. Some guys swear by it. Ymmv. But JetBlue doesnít expect you to do interview prep. They want to get to know you and make sure you did homework on the company and at least prepped yourself, though. Plenty of free gouge out there on the internet.

To each his own... I also used Emerald Coast and was glad I did. Was worth the $ just just to be more prepared and relaxed. You can do prep and not be a robot so they still get to know your personality. I recommend guys pay for the knowledge and experience. Itís so hard to get an interview at a decent airline, why risk it over $400 or whatever it is now...

Kilroy
12-31-2017, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the advice.