Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Commuting from ATL

H1500308
12-30-2017, 07:24 AM
Starting class in Jan. I live in the ATL area and am fully aware of the long wait to hold ATL. That said, what would be the best base to commute to from ATL once off reserve? BWI? DAL/HOU? I figure MCO might take some time too.

RJSAviator76
12-30-2017, 02:23 PM
Starting class in Jan. I live in the ATL area and am fully aware of the long wait to hold ATL. That said, what would be the best base to commute to from ATL once off reserve? BWI? DAL/HOU? I figure MCO might take some time too.

You're probably best off commuting to BWI or HOU. I've seen guys commute to MDW too.

dash8driver
12-30-2017, 02:49 PM
You should be able to get most bases within a couple bids with the exception of ATL or MCO. Iíd check out passrider.com and see how many directs a day there are to each base. Iím guessing between Delta and us HOU, DAL, MDW, BWI and DEN would be releatively easy commutes.

ZapBrannigan
12-30-2017, 02:51 PM
And in the meantime donít give up on applying to Delta. Thereís a lot to be said for being based at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk