Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : FNG for Real

Anotherguy2018
12-31-2017, 06:50 PM
Hey all. Will be looking to interview with CP soon. I live in Midwest but am planning on relocating into domicile. I have a different path mil pilot low time guy. Looks like everything on the website interview wise is in the west and not near me. Do they do interviews at MSP? Do they pay for lodging prior to?

WingedCelt
12-31-2017, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the Circus!

That's interesting they are no longer doing it in MSP. However, they should provide airfare and lodging, so I d recommend you ask that specifically to the recruiters when you apply and they screen you for it.

Good luck!

TillerTemptress
12-31-2017, 09:09 PM
They still do interviews in MSP. Just if you want to do the "roadshow" job fair thing and interview there, it's out in the west cause of where our bases our. But they will provide pos space airfare + hotel in MSP for an interview if you submit your app.

GrumpyBear
01-01-2018, 04:57 PM
Looking forward to my "road show interview." Lol I'm slated for a mid January interview in LAX. Worked out for me since I'm a LA dude. Excited to know more about Compass and what it has to offer.

BobbyLeeSwagger
01-01-2018, 06:22 PM
Looking forward to my "road show interview." Lol I'm slated for a mid January interview in LAX. Worked out for me since I'm a LA dude. Excited to know more about Compass and what it has to offer.

We can offer you lots of money and a chance to join the Circus! #bidLax Hope you get the job!

http://i63.tinypic.com/r1wsir.jpg

Anotherguy2018
01-01-2018, 06:34 PM
We can offer you lots of money and a chance to join the Circus! #bidLax Hope you get the job!

http://i63.tinypic.com/r1wsir.jpg

Ah the classic Bid LAX we need junior people I love it. Seems to me essentially all the regionals are the same right now, I need to determine where I want to be and where I fit in. 175/145/900/700 etc

BobbyLeeSwagger
01-02-2018, 05:51 PM
Ah the classic Bid LAX we need junior people I love it. Seems to me essentially all the regionals are the same right now, I need to determine where I want to be and where I fit in. 175/145/900/700 etc

I can buy that to an extent. The main thing about compass... young pilot group, west coast bases, 175. That's about it, we have descent compensation but nothing super special. My advice, don't commute.

TillerTemptress
01-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Probably no reserve or very little for someone hired today, too in any base. We're crazy short on FO's right now.

Av8rPHX
01-05-2018, 04:42 PM
Tough call...come to Compass and fly a plane that looks like a mini Airbus (sharklets version) or goto somewhere like SkyWest where you can tell the ladies on overnights that you fly the "9"...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZPilotMike
01-07-2018, 06:20 AM
How soon are FO’s upgrading there? Are they upgrading outside of seniority? I ask only because as new hires come to envoy they are getting upgraded right away if they have the 121 time. Just curious if that’s the same everywhere.

GrassLandings
01-07-2018, 06:30 AM
Envoy is forcing people to upgrade into bases they don't want and for eternal reserve if out of seniority order due to prior 121....Yeah sounds fun.....

jungle driver
01-07-2018, 08:16 AM
How soon are FOís upgrading there? Are they upgrading outside of seniority? I ask only because as new hires come to envoy they are getting upgraded right away if they have the 121 time. Just curious if thatís the same everywhere.

We are upgrading in seniority order right now, the last upgrades that were awarded were at exactly 2 years.

Poser765
01-07-2018, 09:08 AM
Envoy is forcing people to upgrade into bases they don't want and for eternal reserve if out of seniority order due to prior 121....Yeah sounds fun.....Yeah, They couldn't pay me enough to go to envoy right now. Unless I lived in NYC. As many people as they have been putting through class the last 1.5 years it's going to be a LONG sit on reserve. No thanks.

AZPilotMike
01-11-2018, 07:44 AM
We are upgrading in seniority order right now, the last upgrades that were awarded were at exactly 2 years.

Thank you for this info.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1