Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Invite to Interview

Tango86
01-02-2018, 06:49 AM
Has anyone in the current application window received an invite to interview? Does anyone know when these go out and how they are sent?

Tango86

btodd77
01-02-2018, 08:03 AM
Has anyone in the current application window received an invite to interview? Does anyone know when these go out and how they are sent?

Tango86

Believe they come via email. Make sure and regularly check your spam box as well. Numerous stories on here about interview invites getting spamíd.
BT

EngineOut
01-02-2018, 10:28 AM
Believe they come via email. Make sure and regularly check your spam box as well. Numerous stories on here about interview invites getting spamíd.
BT

If you log into Pilot Credentials and have received the invite email, there will be 2 new tabs: "Hiring Info" and "Hiring Forms." The Hiring Info tab has an interview schedule matrix to choose an interview date. I was one of those who never got the email and this is how I learned of my interview invite.

If your email is hotmail or yahoo, you will never get the email...not even in your spam folder.

DHC8DRV
01-02-2018, 02:18 PM
If your email is hotmail or yahoo, you will never get the email...not even in your spam folder.

Not completely true, I had only my Hotmail account on file and received the email the same day as most of my interview buddies. That was last January for what it's worth.

CaptYoda
01-02-2018, 02:36 PM
Does the application window close at midnight today? If so, when do they usually start the review process and the email invites for the lucky ones?

pilot100
01-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Anyone get an invite yet

EngineOut
01-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Not completely true, I had only my Hotmail account on file and received the email the same day as most of my interview buddies. That was last January for what it's worth.

All I know is what happened to me and the subsequent communications from icims that specifically said hotmail and yahoo doesn't work with iCims due to security settings. It may be a more recent problem, though. I've been having trouble with my hotmail account and getting emails from people for the last few months. Maybe it's time to let it die :o

CommHunter
01-04-2018, 06:46 AM
Anyone get an invite yet
Nothing here. If they could measure desire by how many times I check my email and junk inbox, I feel like I would have a fighting chance...

silver fleet
01-04-2018, 11:25 AM
If the requisition for the window that just closed was #2017-21411; Iíve already been transitioned to ďclosed completeĒ on the ICIMS....Previous interviewee in 2016, no LUV since for another shot.....

antares666
01-04-2018, 01:32 PM
Just received the invite to interview via email. Applied in the last 3 openings. Interview dates being offered are in February.

01-04-2018, 04:00 PM
Goodluck everyone

slimothy
01-04-2018, 04:51 PM
Anyone get an invite yet

Got it at 1300 today. The new tabs havenít shown up yet. Anybody else have this?

Dukeuno
01-04-2018, 06:27 PM
Got it at 1300 today. The new tabs havenít shown up yet. Anybody else have this?
I actually have an interview coming up on Jan 23rd, and my tabs disappeared today as well. I got an email that stated they are updating the paper requirements on the tabs. So I guess they took them down until they get the paperwork that is required updated.

Dhood84
01-04-2018, 11:25 PM
Mine still says active...

DH

btodd77
01-05-2018, 03:38 AM

Was that from window that closed on 1/2??

sMFer
01-05-2018, 04:50 AM
If you log into Pilot Credentials and have received the invite email, there will be 2 new tabs: "Hiring Info" and "Hiring Forms." The Hiring Info tab has an interview schedule matrix to choose an interview date. I was one of those who never got the email and this is how I learned of my interview invite.

If your email is hotmail or yahoo, you will never get the email...not even in your spam folder.That's not quite true. Use Yahoo and interviewed in November. Now hired and have received every email.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

slimothy
01-05-2018, 07:07 AM
Was that from window that closed on 1/2??

Yes

Filler

Vegaspilot
01-05-2018, 07:23 AM
I actually have an interview coming up on Jan 23rd, and my tabs disappeared today as well. I got an email that stated they are updating the paper requirements on the tabs. So I guess they took them down until they get the paperwork that is required updated.

Interview coming up as well. Got the email yesterday and noticed the tabs were gone last night. Still waiting for them to return so I can finish a few things up.

slimothy
01-05-2018, 07:29 AM
Interview coming up as well. Got the email yesterday and noticed the tabs were gone last night. Still waiting for them to return so I can finish a few things up.

Did you get a chance to choose a date? When are they interviewing? I feel like Iím watching my potential seniority number get higher and higher.

Case I
01-05-2018, 11:01 AM
Anyone get an invite yet
Yes, off the previous window, not the one that closed on Jan 2.

If you log into Pilot Credentials and have received the invite email, there will be 2 new tabs: "Hiring Info" and "Hiring Forms." I was one of those who never got the email and this is how I learned of my interview invite.
I have Hotmail too and never got any invite. Found the interview page as above when updating my app on PC. I update every 2 weeks, so not sure how long it was there... However, I DID get a follow-on email to my regular Hotmail inbox a couple of weeks later, not the spam folder - so, no idea what is going on. My advice: check PC daily, like is was an alternate email account.

My tabs were gone at 1000EST today, they're back now.

Flykilbosa
01-05-2018, 11:11 AM
I completed the ICIMS portion prior to the 2nd which is now showing ďreceived submissionĒ but didnít finish updating my credentials (account) until this morning. Will that rule me out this time around? Thanks

tm602
01-05-2018, 12:11 PM
You can always update credentials, even after the window closes. But if you want to change the actual application, go back to your email and open the one telling you your application was received. Open that link in the email for the employment posting (NOT pilot credentials). Now on the employment page, near the top right area, there's a "Returning Applicant Log in Here". Click that link and it will have the page with some tabs at the top where you can make some changes.
If this helps you get a call before me though, I'm going to be ****ed! Good luck.

Flykilbosa
01-05-2018, 12:45 PM
You can always update credentials, even after the window closes. But if you want to change the actual application, go back to your email and open the one telling you your application was received. Open that link in the email for the employment posting (NOT pilot credentials). Now on the employment page, near the top right area, there's a "Returning Applicant Log in Here". Click that link and it will have the page with some tabs at the top where you can make some changes.
If this helps you get a call before me though, I'm going to be ****ed! Good luck.

HAHA me getting a call is a long shot, so you're safe. Thanks for the info!

Flykilbosa
01-05-2018, 12:51 PM

Me getting a call is a huge long shot so don't worry. Thanks for the info!

slimothy
01-05-2018, 02:12 PM
OK, my ďhiring infoĒ and Ēhiring formsĒ tab has appeared. It took a phone call from Rocky, which was cool. On the info page, the first thing it asks for is ďIDĒ and ďdate.Ē I have no idea what Iíd number they are looking for here, have I been assigned some sort of SWA ID of which I am unaware?

slimothy
01-05-2018, 02:15 PM
Also, under citizenship it asks for ďemployee number.Ē Would that be the number from my current airline? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I got the TBNT a few years ago, and Iím not trying to get that again!

Jeff Lebowski
01-05-2018, 05:55 PM
OK, my “hiring info” and ”hiring forms” tab has appeared. It took a phone call from Rocky, which was cool. On the info page, the first thing it asks for is “ID” and “date.” I have no idea what I’d number they are looking for here, have I been assigned some sort of SWA ID of which I am unaware?

I managed to get hired a few months back and I put my social where it asks for ID. I couldn't think of anything else to put. For the "employee number" question I put "N/A". I think that's really just for someone who's transferring internally, i.e., a former dispatcher who got his ratings, etc.

Good luck.

2strokin
01-05-2018, 06:42 PM
OK, my ďhiring infoĒ and Ēhiring formsĒ tab has appeared. It took a phone call from Rocky, which was cool. On the info page, the first thing it asks for is ďIDĒ and ďdate.Ē I have no idea what Iíd number they are looking for here, have I been assigned some sort of SWA ID of which I am unaware?

In the interview instructions email I received back in November, they specifically tell you that ID is your social security number. I put my birthday for the Date.

2strokin
01-05-2018, 06:43 PM
Also, under citizenship it asks for ďemployee number.Ē Would that be the number from my current airline? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I got the TBNT a few years ago, and Iím not trying to get that again!

Leave that blank

slimothy
01-05-2018, 06:45 PM
Leave that blank

Thanks for the info!

01-06-2018, 10:28 PM
Does anyone know how many rounds of invites they send out?

cdaviation
01-07-2018, 11:59 AM
I was unsuccessful last year, and was hoping to get another call. Anyone have any luck or feedback pertaining to a second interview?
Will they not contact a previously unsuccessful applicant until the exact 1 year anniversary date?

seminolepilot
01-07-2018, 04:55 PM
I know three letters of recommendation are required. I applied during this window that just closed but getting the guys to get the LORís emailed to me has been slow going. Is there any chance of getting a invite without the LORís being in pilot credentials?

PotatoChip
01-07-2018, 04:59 PM
I know three letters of recommendation are required. I applied during this window that just closed but getting the guys to get the LORís emailed to me has been slow going. Is there any chance of getting a invite without the LORís being in pilot credentials?

Yes. Those are only required AT the interview.

seminolepilot
01-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Yes. Those are only required AT the interview.

Thatís good to hear, thanks!!!

USAFAviator
01-08-2018, 12:56 AM
Got the invite on Thursday. Interviewing on 5 Feb. Looked like interview dates were 5-8 Feb, then another block in the 3rd week of Feb.

Good luck to everyone!

slimothy
01-08-2018, 01:41 AM
Got the invite on Thursday. Interviewing on 5 Feb. Looked like interview dates were 5-8 Feb, then another block in the 3rd week of Feb.

Good luck to everyone!

Iím at 8am, see you there!

Otterbox
01-08-2018, 02:25 AM
I was unsuccessful last year, and was hoping to get another call. Anyone have any luck or feedback pertaining to a second interview?
Will they not contact a previously unsuccessful applicant until the exact 1 year anniversary date?

If I understand correctly someone unsuccessful can reapply in the first window After the exact one year anniversary has passed. I have a buddy who reapplied during the open window in the 12th month after unsuccessful interview and recieved an auto rejection...

silver fleet
01-08-2018, 05:58 AM
If I understand correctly someone unsuccessful can reapply in the first window After the exact one year anniversary has passed. I have a buddy who reapplied during the open window in the 12th month after unsuccessful interview and recieved an auto rejection...

From what Iíve been told by my sponsors at SWA, this is accurate. Iíve also been told that itís not always an immediate, automatic call. Iím coming up on 20 months since interview and havenít been offered an opportunity to re-interview.

cdaviation
01-08-2018, 11:04 AM
i was optimistic, hoping to get a call back after 12 months... Reality is no word yet, and I'm sure there are qualified who are waiting for their first interview. Good luck to those with interviews. I personally think SWA is a good fit for me. Hopeful for another go..

Zard
01-08-2018, 01:51 PM
I'm going bonkers watching my pilotcredentials-linked email account.

Good luck to all on the last window!

CaptYoda
01-09-2018, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know approximately how many invites go out on average once the window closes?

PotatoChip
01-09-2018, 01:19 PM
I'm going bonkers watching my pilotcredentials-linked email account.

Good luck to all on the last window!

Lol, same, and I donít even have 1000tpic.

flensr
01-09-2018, 03:06 PM
Re-check the questionnaire occasionally. I didn't immediately notice when they reset questions 3 and 4 late last year so if you had something in there, it might be blank now which would look really bad.

CaptYoda
01-09-2018, 03:33 PM
For those getting the invite, stats and background would be great including if you have a B737 type.

slimothy
01-09-2018, 05:45 PM
For those getting the invite, stats and background would be great including if you have a B737 type.

1200 mil RW
1600 mil ME (1500 of which PIC)
105 mil SE
~1300 121 Jet
737 type (never flown it)
ERJ Type
A320/321 type
Mil DO
Mil Dir of Training

EasyB
01-09-2018, 06:08 PM

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking no one in this thread has been called after this most recent window. Thinking the guys talking about interview dates were from last window.

slimothy
01-09-2018, 06:14 PM
I could be wrong, but I'm thinking no one in this thread has been called after this most recent window. Thinking the guys talking about interview dates were from last window.

I applied in the window that just closed. Interviewing on Feb 5th.

EasyB
01-09-2018, 07:25 PM
I applied in the window that just closed. Interviewing on Feb 5th.

Then I am wrong :)

Congrats and good luck! Just hit a year today (year 2 pay started January 1).

Only negative here is the upgrade time .... which should change given the converting Max8 options to firm and moving them up, the hiring of another 900 pilots, and the company name buying any 709/800 they can get their hand on. Currently have about 705 planes, goal is 1200.
I
Other than that, you'll make more money here per day than flying 757 or below at UAL or DAL. And I haven't flown with a jerk yet.

Dukeuno
01-09-2018, 07:52 PM

10k plus TT
5800 TPIC
Type ERJ and A320
Bachelors
No 737 Type
I was never a check airman
Did Volunteer work for the Union at both Airlines I worked for

Most of my time is 121

slimothy
01-09-2018, 08:45 PM
Then I am wrong :)

Congrats and good luck! Just hit a year today (year 2 pay started January 1).

Only negative here is the upgrade time .... which should change given the converting Max8 options to firm and moving them up, the hiring of another 900 pilots, and the company name buying any 709/800 they can get their hand on. Currently have about 705 planes, goal is 1200.
I
Other than that, you'll make more money here per day than flying 757 or below at UAL or DAL. And I haven't flown with a jerk yet.

Quicker upgrade than where I am now (at least if I want to upgrade in base).

USAFAviator
01-09-2018, 10:27 PM

All Military time
Total 4900 hrs
PIC 2700 hrs
Instructor 1950 hrs
707 and 737 typed
2480 hrs in 737, as well as Instructor and Evaluator/Check Pilot
Masters degree

Command Evaluator
Chief pilot
Safety Officer

EasyB
01-10-2018, 06:49 AM
Could be helpful to others if you include your availability date with your post of credentials. Thanks. :)

BarrySeal
01-10-2018, 07:32 PM
All Military time
Total 4900 hrs
PIC 2700 hrs
Instructor 1950 hrs
707 and 737 typed
2480 hrs in 737, as well as Instructor and Evaluator/Check Pilot
Masters degree

Command Evaluator
Chief pilot
Safety Officer

Dude, please tell me this is not the typical applicant. I am hosed

:)

slimothy
01-12-2018, 11:58 AM
Any gouge on the recency of LORs? I've got a few from Oct 2014, I received the invite with them as is, should I have them updated prior to interview?

RckyMtHigh
01-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Dude, please tell me this is not the typical applicant. I am hosed

:)

It's not that strong of a resume. He's got no shuttle commander time.

TransWorld
01-12-2018, 08:09 PM
It's not that strong of a resume. He's got no shuttle commander time.

Yah, but he does have time walking on the moon. Could not figure out how to log the time, though.

at6d
01-13-2018, 09:57 PM
Any gouge on the recency of LORs? I've got a few from Oct 2014, I received the invite with them as is, should I have them updated prior to interview?

I threw in every letter I ever got that still had value and a good phone number. I was never questioned.

tm602
01-16-2018, 09:22 AM
Bumping....anyone else?

dblbubble rider
01-16-2018, 10:20 AM
Hey guys/gals I have a couple of questions for the SWA recruitment team. Anyone knows who do I email?

luvflying
01-16-2018, 02:47 PM
Bumping....anyone else?

Talked with a reliable source who heard straight from the one who makes the decisions -- as of yesterday, no one has been notified from the last application window. They are still going through the list from the previous window.

tm602
01-16-2018, 03:55 PM
Talked with a reliable source who heard straight from the one who makes the decisions -- as of yesterday, no one has been notified from the last application window. They are still going through the list from the previous window.

Thanks, that does settle the nerves a little.

luvflying
01-16-2018, 04:18 PM
I did hear they received over 4,500 applications during the last window and hiring 700+ this year (or more depending on the training center capabilities).

Good luck to all!

ecam
01-17-2018, 05:53 AM
I did hear they received over 4,500 applications during the last window and hiring 700+ this year (or more depending on the training center capabilities).

Good luck to all!

Massive "pilot shortage" out there! :D

flyguy81
01-17-2018, 07:38 AM
Massive "pilot shortage" out there! :D

It was over 10,000 apps a few years ago....

TransWorld
01-17-2018, 08:48 AM
It was over 10,000 apps a few years ago....

Thatís right. And there has been a bunch of hiring the last 3 years. If you look at all the threads, there were 10,000 apps with each of the majors. Suspected most of them were duplicates.

After a bunch of hiring, the apps stack reduced. Someone said it was down to 7,000. Someone else corrected them and said it was 18,000. Someone else said it was 25,000. ó probably lots and lots more.

(There are 20,000 RJ Pilots, 10% lifers as a rule of thumb, and a bunch of FO not qualified yet. So I doubt the 18,000 and the 25,000 numbers of unique, qualified applicants ó even considering commercial and military.)

The last Ďrealisticí rumor I have heard here was 3,000.

Anyone have relatively current number of apps on file with any of the majors?

pilot100
01-20-2018, 02:54 PM
Any more info about when 1st round selection from this application window will be made

luvflying
01-21-2018, 04:43 AM
I have a friend who applied at the Jan 2nd window closing. He received notification last week of the interview invite and is interviewing next month.

My understanding is that if your status in ICIMS is "Closed Complete", they have reviewed your info and are not receiving an invite this time around.

Keep the faith if you are still waiting! It's well worth the pursuit.

dustrpilot
01-21-2018, 07:10 AM
Re-check the questionnaire occasionally. I didn't immediately notice when they reset questions 3 and 4 late last year so if you had something in there, it might be blank now which would look really bad.

So thatís what happened to mine. I couldnít believe I submitted an incomplete form.
Iíve probably blown any chance for this window, but, will I see anything on the pilot credentials web site if my application has been looked at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tm602
01-21-2018, 08:49 AM
I have a friend who applied at the Jan 2nd window closing. He received notification last week of the interview invite and is interviewing next month.

My understanding is that if your status in ICIMS is "Closed Complete", they have reviewed your info and are not receiving an invite this time around.

Keep the faith if you are still waiting! It's well worth the pursuit.

So "Submission Received" is a good sign? Please say yes.

MartyMoose
01-21-2018, 10:37 AM
Mine says ďsubmission receivedĒ. Still no call. Same thing during the previous window.

01-21-2018, 03:49 PM
Mine says ďsubmission receivedĒ. Still no call. Same thing during the previous window.

Same here, thinking i still have a chance.

EngineOut
01-21-2018, 05:28 PM
Same here, thinking i still have a chance.

Closed complete isn't the kiss of death either, FYI. I was invited to interview after I had a closed complete on my iCims. Hang in there. Your time will come.

at6d
01-21-2018, 11:58 PM
As long as you donít have a TBNT email, you have a chance.

flysooner9
01-22-2018, 06:45 AM
4,000 applications will disappear fast with delta hiring 1,000 AA around 800, United at least 600, donít even know about Fedex and ups. Probably at least 500 each.

moosetoga
01-22-2018, 05:43 PM
Me getting a call is a huge long shot so don't worry. Thanks for the info!

No problem

HwkrPlt
01-24-2018, 05:04 AM
Still showing "active" on pilot credentials, and "received submission" on ICIMS. I guess that means I still have a chance?

EngineOut
01-25-2018, 03:29 PM
Still showing "active" on pilot credentials, and "received submission" on ICIMS. I guess that means I still have a chance?

Quoting a6d: "As long as you donít have a TBNT email, you have a chance."

HwkrPlt
01-25-2018, 05:16 PM
Quoting a6d: "As long as you donít have a TBNT email, you have a chance."

I hope they don't test me for reading comprehension

Redchevron
01-27-2018, 01:48 PM

I applied over the Christmas window and just got the email to interview yesterday...I noticed someone earlier had received an invite, so they are working through the apps, hang in there!

flyguy140
01-27-2018, 04:38 PM
I got an invite from the Dec-Jan hiring window:

3,000 Total (~300 civil, the rest MIL)
2,700 ME turbine
1,500 PIC
375 Instructor + Evaluator
737 Type (no time)
Masters degree
Stan/eval and safety
Available early March

After the Dec-Jan window closed I looked at my ICIMS account and noticed that it did NOT have my application for the window in it still. Compared it to a buddy's and he still had his previous applications in there from other windows. I'm positive I submitted it as I looked and had the "withdraw" button on the website while the window was open. Figured I'd just have to wait and try again during the next window until I saw the email asking me to pick an interview date.

Good luck everyone!

flyguy140
01-27-2018, 04:54 PM
I got an interview invite from the Dec-Jan window:

3,000 Total (300 civil, the rest MIL)
2,700 ME Turbine
1,500 PIC
375 Instructor/Evaluator
Masters degree
Chief of stan/eval and safety
Available early March

I looked on ICIMS after the window closed and noticed that my application wasn't there anymore. Compared it to a buddy and he had more than one from previous windows that were still showing up in ICIMS. I know I had applied because I checked during the window and had a "withdraw" button. I figured I screwed something up and I'd just have to try again during the next window until I saw the invite email.

Good luck everyone!

SGRogue
01-29-2018, 05:46 PM
I applied over the Christmas window and just got the email to interview yesterday...I noticed someone earlier had received an invite, so they are working through the apps, hang in there!

Agree. Just got mine today from Christmas window. A lot of qualified applicants left to sort through I’m sure.

tm602
01-29-2018, 07:21 PM
Agree. Just got mine today from Christmas window. A lot of qualified applicants left to sort through Iím sure.

Well let's hope they make their way to me.

Squallrider
01-30-2018, 05:26 AM
4,000 applications will disappear fast with delta hiring 1,000 AA around 800, United at least 600, donít even know about Fedex and ups. Probably at least 500 each.

AA hiring 800 means statistically 89 are street hires, majority of AA hiring is flows. Iím sure some Applications are AA flow eligible tho.

Zard
01-30-2018, 10:25 AM
Agree. Just got mine today from Christmas window. A lot of qualified applicants left to sort through Iím sure.

Congrats! What's your background?

dlhodgesjr2
01-31-2018, 08:06 AM
Got the call yesterday:

3,300 Total (All MIL)
2,900 ME Turbine
2,300 PIC
1,100 Instructor/Evaluator
Masters degree
3 time IP & EP
6 types to include B737
Available early July

Good luck ladies & gents!

Blackhawk
01-31-2018, 08:35 AM
Got the call yesterday:

3,300 Total (All MIL)
2,900 ME Turbine
2,300 PIC
1,100 Instructor/Evaluator
Masters degree
3 time IP & EP
6 types to include B737
Available early July

Good luck ladies & gents!

You got the hired call or email for interview?

dlhodgesjr2
01-31-2018, 09:45 AM
Got the call for an interview, applied in the Dec 20th group. Interview in Apr, pending all goes well, class start date in Jul is what I was told.

SGRogue
01-31-2018, 09:57 AM
Got the call for an interview, applied in the Dec 20th group. Interview in Apr, pending all goes well, class start date in Jul is what I was told.

How/when did you get an April interview date? The Hiring Info page on the app site only showed me available dates thru 8 Mar.

SGRogue
01-31-2018, 10:10 AM
Congrats! What's your background?

6400 TT (mix Mil, 121, & GA)
- 50/50 for PIC/SIC
Mil IP/EP
CFI, CFII, MEI
Commercial Helo
Masters +
3 type ratings (inc B737 w/time)

FWIW, I know people invited who are more & less qualified than me. I believe they are looking seriously at all qualified candidates. Good luck.

Charlie Waffles
01-31-2018, 10:11 AM
Got an invite 2 days ago, but the new tabs are not up yet. Does anyone know the appropriate contact for this?

Thanks

Mike

dlhodgesjr2
01-31-2018, 10:39 AM
While I was speaking with the individual who called to let me know I had gotten the interview, he asked what my availability was and I told him Apr would be best and he filled me right then on the telephone.

CA1900
01-31-2018, 10:54 AM
Got an invite 2 days ago, but the new tabs are not up yet. Does anyone know the appropriate contact for this?

I had the same issue for my interview invite last year. E-mail [email protected] and they'll get you fixed right up!

Charlie Waffles
01-31-2018, 11:07 AM
Thanks!

Mike

Zard
01-31-2018, 12:42 PM
6400 TT (mix Mil, 121, & GA)
- 50/50 for PIC/SIC
Mil IP/EP
CFI, CFII, MEI
Commercial Helo
Masters +
3 type ratings (inc B737 w/time)

FWIW, I know people invited who are more & less qualified than me. I believe they are looking seriously at all qualified candidates. Good luck.

Nice. Iím at 3700 TT (mil), 2000 PIC split between SE and ME, IP/EP in both my TMS, CFI/II/MEI...Couple of types but no 737.

If it doesnít happen on this window, Iím just going to burn some GI Bennies and get the type. Other than 121 time, I figure thatís about the only block I canít check on my current app for more points. SWA is my career destination, so in the long run, the investment would definitely be worth it.

Every email i get is a miniature panic attack hoping itís the one. Hoping to join you on the invite to interview list soon!

Sliceback
01-31-2018, 02:27 PM
AA hiring 800 means statistically 89 are street hires, majority of AA hiring is flows. Iím sure some Applications are AA flow eligible tho.

AAís OTS was 44% in 2017. Flow was 56%.
Hiring 925 announced for 2018 = 407 OTS.
Mil took 79% of the OTS slots in 2017. If those percentages donít change that leaves 85 civilian OTS slots.

01-31-2018, 04:27 PM
Does "Received Submission" mean thanks but no thanks?

TransWorld
01-31-2018, 06:48 PM
AAís OTS was 44% in 2017. Flow was 56%.
Hiring 925 announced for 2018 = 407 OTS.
Mil took 79% of the OTS slots in 2017. If those percentages donít change that leaves 85 civilian OTS slots.

Building on Sliceís perspective:

For AA 2017 had 360 Flows, 225 OTS Mil, and 60 OTS civilian. This totaled 645 hires.

For AA 2018 hiring is forecast 925. That is 280 more than last year.

How much of an increase in Flows? I know there are a few increases based on sliding scales, but not that much.

How much of an increase in OTS Mil? Are Military hires pretty well maxed out? If they are, then to hire more AA would have to take Ďmarket shareí from the other airlines.

My guess is there will be an increase in the OTS Civilian for AA, and it will result in a somewhat higher fraction of the overall hires. Still not a big percentage, but more than 85 (projected based on the same percentage as last year.)

flensr
01-31-2018, 08:22 PM
Does "Received Submission" mean thanks but no thanks?

No. I applied for 3 windows, and although my third application got me an interview, it still said "received submission" for a while before I got the interview invite and it changed to Under Review.

Closed complete means that application won't get any further looks, however my very first application still says received submission, while my second one says closed complete. So you can't really count anything out until it goes closed complete, and even then your next application might get you an interview. Just keep updating the application and make sure you meet all their criteria. I attached a few letters of recommendation along with my resume when I made my third application because the job requirements specifically mentions needing at least 3 recommendations. I'm not sure if that made any difference but it was my third application that got me the interview.

I think it'll occasionally flip to "in progress" if they're actively working on it, then back to under review.

Fgrosoli
01-31-2018, 08:56 PM
Received the invitation also,
Waited 2 years so very excited.
4300 hrs
3400 mil the rest part 91 and just started log part 121
Ep/ip in the mil and cfii.
All fighter time in the mil....
Now letís hope to do good and get the job.
Good luck guys!!!

pilot124
02-01-2018, 06:15 AM
Congrats everyone that got an invite. Mine is still in a received submission holding pattern. Fingers crossed:)

SGRogue
02-01-2018, 09:54 AM
To anyone who got a recent invite. Do you see any interview dates/times on the hiring information tab beyond March 8th? Do you know how often they post new interview dates/times?

Fgrosoli
02-01-2018, 03:12 PM
To anyone who got a recent invite. Do you see any interview dates/times on the hiring information tab beyond March 8th? Do you know how often they post new interview dates/times?

Last date right now is March 8 but if you read the instruction sent you have 90 days from the invitation to schedule the interview.

SGRogue
02-01-2018, 04:08 PM
Last date right now is March 8 but if you read the instruction sent you have 90 days from the invitation to schedule the interview.

Thanks. Saw the 90 day window, but hoped to schedule a date for later in March now so that I can bid away from that date next week.

NarcolepticAV8R
02-02-2018, 09:02 AM
Any speculation as to when the next window might open?

slimothy
02-06-2018, 03:23 PM
Anybody else interviewing tomorrow? Iím in the bar at the double tree, donít see a whole lot of hopeful/nervous faces.

Squallrider
02-06-2018, 03:59 PM
Any speculation as to when the next window might open?

Usually the open around major job fairs like WAI etc

usernamehere
02-07-2018, 09:44 AM
Anybody else interviewing tomorrow? Iím in the bar at the double tree, donít see a whole lot of hopeful/nervous faces.

I wish! Good luck!

dbkeydet
02-21-2018, 07:22 AM
Interviewing on March 5th, went to pull up my forms on Pilot Credentials and the tab is now missing. Anyone else having this issue? Ideas other than emailing Pilot Hiring?

Thanks--

Squallrider
02-21-2018, 01:52 PM
Interviewing on March 5th, went to pull up my forms on Pilot Credentials and the tab is now missing. Anyone else having this issue? Ideas other than emailing Pilot Hiring?

Thanks--

Congrats. Im Not having that issue, Iím match 20th though. Youíre suppose to get some new stuff 2 weeks prior, so maybe related? Iíd contact them and put your mind at ease. Good luck.

slimothy
02-21-2018, 02:06 PM
Congrats. Im Not having that issue, Iím match 20th though. Youíre suppose to get some new stuff 2 weeks prior, so maybe related? Iíd contact them and put your mind at ease. Good luck.

I had issues with my tabs, I emailed them about it, Rocky called me personally to make sure it was resolved.

pilot124
02-21-2018, 04:12 PM
Congrats. Im Not having that issue, I’m match 20th though. You’re suppose to get some new stuff 2 weeks prior, so maybe related? I’d contact them and put your mind at ease. Good luck.

Squall, when did you apply? In other words how long did it take to hear back on the interview date. Congrats on the interview!!!:cool:

seminolepilot
02-21-2018, 10:51 PM
Is there anywhere in pilot credentials to put volunteer experience? I was looking through Pilot credentials and didn't see anywhere to put it.

Squallrider
02-22-2018, 04:54 AM
Squall, when did you apply? In other words how long did it take to hear back on the interview date. Congrats on the interview!!!:cool:

Iíve applied every window for past year. The acquisition request for December window is the one thatís changed from Submission Receieved to Under Review. I got the invite 2/13 (before Valentineís Day /LUV day??). I was waiting for my schedule for March to come out but then decided to just take a slot and pray. There was one for late Feb then March 19 and 20.

Charlie Waffles
02-24-2018, 12:00 PM
Hi all,

To those folks that are interviewing the week of March 5th, have you received your travel information email yet?

Thanks
Mike

Charlie Waffles
02-24-2018, 01:21 PM
Hi all,

For those of you that are interviewing the week of March 5th, I'd like to know if you have received the email regarding travel too and from the interview yet?

Thanks,
Mike

RVFlyer96
02-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Hi,

Anybody interviewing the week of March 5, have you already received your travel information email?

Thanks

Squallrider
02-26-2018, 07:57 AM
Anyone have their interview date moved up before? I gave myself a lot of time but now I want to get it over with ha

Zard
02-26-2018, 11:23 AM
Hi,

Anybody interviewing the week of March 5, have you already received your travel information email?

Thanks

I've got an interview the week after that. My travel email showed up a few days ago.

domewhite
02-26-2018, 02:46 PM
Hello guys/gals - I would like to give back to the community (APC) who had - just over a year ago - gave to me. I was hired with WN early last year - if you would like to ask any questions please feel free to PM me. I will try to help.

Sincerely,
domewhite

dbkeydet
02-28-2018, 08:07 AM
Anybody interviewing in the morning session on the 5th? I'm staying at the Doubletree if anyone wants to get together on Sunday evening.
PM me

HwkrPlt
03-10-2018, 05:06 AM
Anyone from the December app window get an interview invite lately? No TBNT letter for me yet, but I'm guessing my chances of getting an interview are dwindling.

Tbpilot06
03-10-2018, 05:47 AM
Anyone from the December app window get an interview invite lately? No TBNT letter for me yet, but I'm guessing my chances of getting an interview are dwindling.

Iím with you. Havenít heard a peep. But also no status change on the application. Of course it has been this way for each of the last windows.

Fgrosoli
03-10-2018, 09:13 AM
Anybody interviewing on the 20th of March . I will be staying at doubletree. Let me know
Thanks Filippo

Squallrider
03-10-2018, 11:06 AM
Anybody interviewing on the 20th of March . I will be staying at doubletree. Let me know
Thanks Filippo

Me Iím at the aloft. aM session

Squallrider
03-10-2018, 11:06 AM

I did. Past windows never got a novthanks before in other windows

Onetaco
03-22-2018, 06:20 PM
Got one very recently.

Lotsof Blue
03-29-2018, 04:59 AM
I'm always hopeful for an invite.

I've been wondering about something (when invited): Q's about boarding priority & seating when space positive to/from the interview?

Do you board in your group and in this case is there a policy for seat selection? I'm guessing any open seat, but leave the exit rows for paying pax?

BigWillyCapt
03-29-2018, 05:07 AM
I checked in with the gate and received my boarding priority number. Got in line with my group and picked a seat. Now I checked in kinda late so my boarding priority was pretty low, so the seat selection was pretty much middles if I remember correctly. I wouldn't sweat it.

barabek
03-29-2018, 06:38 AM

I've been wondering about something (when invited): Q's about boarding priority & seating when space positive to/from the interview?

Do you board in your group and in this case is there a policy for seat selection? I'm guessing any open seat, but leave the exit rows for paying pax?

You'll be the last to board regardless how full the flight is. They will give you the last boarding card. All flights are full nowadays, so expect a middle seat and boarding last. Put a permanent smile on your face and be as friendly as you can be. Introduce yourself to the crew but don't be pushy. Just be nice and grateful for your middle seat.

flysooner9
03-29-2018, 08:55 AM
I did. Past windows never got a novthanks before in other windows

Have applied every window in the last year. No invite but also no tBNT

at6d
03-29-2018, 11:22 AM
Keep updating the credentials page.

Zard
03-29-2018, 11:32 AM

I had a normal ticket; I checked in online as usual and was early B boarding. I introduced myself to the gate agent and asked her if she needed me to board later or anything along those lines and she waved her hand and said no worries.

Same-o with the cabin crew and the flight crew. Everyone is psyched that you're going to an interview and wants you to succeed. Put your interview smile on, mind your manners, and offer to help them out if you've got time after the flight.

Lotsof Blue
03-29-2018, 12:05 PM
I had a normal ticket; I checked in online as usual and was early B boarding. I introduced myself to the gate agent and asked her if she needed me to board later or anything along those lines and she waved her hand and said no worries.

Same-o with the cabin crew and the flight crew. Everyone is psyched that you're going to an interview and wants you to succeed. Put your interview smile on, mind your manners, and offer to help them out if you've got time after the flight.

Thanks, hopefully, I'll get the opportunity .

barabek
03-29-2018, 12:23 PM

Did you buy a ticket yourself? I didn't have a normal ticket. I had to check in with a CS rep at the ticket counter, they found a special letter and issued a ticket for me there. There was nothing "normal" about my ticker to the interview.

flensr
03-29-2018, 01:26 PM

My boarding group wasn't last, but was near the middle. Not sure how they knew (notes in the computer?) but the gate agent knew I was on my way to an interview, and was not surprised when I asked if it would be ok to hop on early to say hi to the crew. Both pilots and FAs seem happy to chat with me, wished me luck, and FAs said I could sit anywhere except exit rows.

I was following advice to introduce myself to the crew upon boarding, and in my experience that has been easier to do during pre-boarding, which is why I asked about that. On the other hand, on my flight back everyone looked super busy so I didn't even ask and boarded with my group. So, judgement call on if/when to introduce yourself to the crew as an interview candidate.

The 2 restrictions I've usually heard from SWA FAs when jumpseating are to sit anywhere except exit rows or first 4-5 rows. Everywhere else is fine. I was also told that when boarding with any normal boarding pass (ie. not jumpseating) and not pre-boarding, then any seat still open when you get on the plane is fair game since passengers who paid extra to board early will already have chosen their preferred seats.

I haven't yet been told "official" company policy or procedure for this stuff, this is just what I've seen or been told during several JS flights and my interview trip out and back.

Lotsof Blue
03-29-2018, 01:47 PM
My boarding group wasn't last, but was near the middle. Not sure how they knew (notes in the computer?) but the gate agent knew I was on my way to an interview, and was not surprised when I asked if it would be ok to hop on early to say hi to the crew. Both pilots and FAs seem happy to chat with me, wished me luck, and FAs said I could sit anywhere except exit rows.

I was following advice to introduce myself to the crew upon boarding, and in my experience that has been easier to do during pre-boarding, which is why I asked about that. On the other hand, on my flight back everyone looked super busy so I didn't even ask and boarded with my group. So, judgement call on if/when to introduce yourself to the crew as an interview candidate.

The 2 restrictions I've usually heard from SWA FAs when jumpseating are to sit anywhere except exit rows or first 4-5 rows. Everywhere else is fine. I was also told that when boarding with any normal boarding pass (ie. not jumpseating) and not pre-boarding, then any seat still open when you get on the plane is fair game since passengers who paid extra to board early will already have chosen their preferred seats.

I haven't yet been told "official" company policy or procedure for this stuff, this is just what I've seen or been told during several JS flights and my interview trip out and back.

Thanks. Good info.

Zard
03-29-2018, 07:18 PM
Did you buy a ticket yourself? I didn't have a normal ticket. I had to check in with a CS rep at the ticket counter, they found a special letter and issued a ticket for me there. There was nothing "normal" about my ticker to the interview.

No; I think they've moved away from that. My experience was to put my preferences in by flight number. The people department passed those along and generated an itinerary, and then I had a normal e-ticket as though I had bought my own ticket.

Check in online the day prior just like anyone else.

barabek
03-29-2018, 08:41 PM
No; I think they've moved away from that. My experience was to put my preferences in by flight number. The people department passed those along and generated an itinerary, and then I had a normal e-ticket as though I had bought my own ticket.

Check in online the day prior just like anyone else.

Cool, I didn't know they changed the process. I'm glad it's more like a normal eticket now. I remember it was pretty weird because I had to introduce myself to a ticketing agent, they had to retrieve some weird handwritten letter with my name on it. It almost felt like the ticketing agent was interviewing me. I think the change had something to do with the new reservation system, but I still don't understand what really changed, so I may be wrong. Glad the current interviewees can check in on line and skip all that circus. Still, I'd recommend saying hi to the crew and don't hide you're going to the interview. Good luck to all coming in!

Swingline78
03-29-2018, 08:47 PM
You'll be the last to board regardless how full the flight is. They will give you the last boarding card. All flights are full nowadays, so expect a middle seat and boarding last. Put a permanent smile on your face and be as friendly as you can be. Introduce yourself to the crew but don't be pushy. Just be nice and grateful for your middle seat.

This is not true. It's all electronic and you get your pass like a normal pax. Just be cool man. They are to busy to care

slimothy
04-01-2018, 09:11 AM

Iím guessing this was a while ago? I had the same thing back in 2015, but it was much different this time around.