Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : IROP Pants Be Damned!

P-3Bubba
01-03-2018, 09:16 AM
Well, here we go! It’s cold and snowy in the northeast. Buckle up for irregular operations. The first management email to get the team ready hit at noon. “Plan your commute so we can hold you accountable for the flights we may or may not cancel”. I’m waiting for the VP email asking customers to contact the Congressman and ask for Mother Natire to let up in the northeast. Then let’s paint some jets with ‘MotherNatureStop.org’.

How about we invest in some serious planning software and compliment that with a dedicated management team (that includes pilots who possess the ability to see the operation tilting on flica and make their own plans to make $ thousands on jblue mistakes) that establishes a subset of SOC that can forecast, plan and correct the operation back into normal ops. How do we get the $ for this software and team? How about the $310mil we lost on delays on 2017? How about the millions we’re about as see in 2018 tax advantage benefits? Think about if u ran OTP through and IROP what could you do on a CAVU day?

Bubs......out

capt707
01-03-2018, 09:34 AM
Give them a break, this will be their first winter storm!

/sarcasm

Chicken Taco
01-03-2018, 11:17 AM
Give them a break, this will be their first winter storm of the year!

/sarcasm

Fixed it for ya :D

Rickce7
01-03-2018, 01:39 PM
I so wish that IROP pants video was still around. . .that was priceless. . .

P-3Bubba
01-03-2018, 01:42 PM
The operation is already waffling. Not a flake has fallen. 6 hour delays all over the place. DH into a day off is now normal scheduling. (No hotel for the 6hour delay as it wasn’t forseen and don’t worry you’ll get $JRA on your day off DH)

Jetblue IROP SOC Management Planning:

1200- Put out the DRO for next day reserve assignments

1230- Management email dictating not to miss your commute

1300-180 flight cancellations. Most from Jblue commuter Hubs.

Seriously? Bloomberg points out to the world how much we suck at on-time performance to the tune of $310,000,000 and this is the response? The suck meter is pegged RED.

-Bubs

CaptCoolHand
01-03-2018, 01:53 PM
ATC is canceling flights.

Bluedriver
01-03-2018, 01:55 PM
Sorry, no money to invest in IROP recovery or pilot CBA.

Just started another stock buy-back to the tune of 750mil.

say again
01-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Still can't believe people are still surprised. We go through this every damn snow storm You'd think they'd have learned by now... Luckily I'm off for a few days. I figure by the time I get back things will be back to somewhat of a normal operation.

P-3Bubba
01-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Still can't believe people are still surprised. We go through this every damn snow storm You'd think they'd have learned by now... Luckily I'm off for a few days. I figure by the time I get back things will be back to somewhat of a normal operation.

Man! You’re lucky. You can start ‘Helping out’. Although, I won’t fault the guy who picks up the E190 BOS-AUA turn. That’s when CS has certainly lost control.

-Bubs

Bozo the pilot
01-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Man! You’re lucky. You can start ‘Helping out’. Although, I won’t fault the guy who picks up the E190 BOS-AUA turn. That’s when CS has certainly lost control.

-Bubs

I just spit up my water laughing- Thanks Bubbs:D

Flyby1206
01-03-2018, 05:37 PM
Jetblue IROP SOC Management Planning:

1200- Put out the DRO for next day reserve assignments

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!! DRO at noon, thats priceless ;)

Rabid Seagull
01-03-2018, 08:13 PM
Give them a break, this will be their first winter storm!

/sarcasm

Fixed it for ya :D

Fixed it back for accuracy

queue
01-11-2018, 04:50 PM
Did anybody happen to download that video before they took it down? I’m kicking myself now because I knew that I should’ve saved it knowing it would get taken down. If only I would have saved it and thrown it on YouTube over and over and over again, or even on to WikiLeaks or some Russian server to avoid further takedowns!

Flyby1206
01-11-2018, 04:55 PM
Did anybody happen to download that video before they took it down? I’m kicking myself now because I knew that I should’ve saved it knowing it would get taken down. If only I would have saved it and thrown it on YouTube over and over and over again, or even on to WikiLeaks or some Russian server to avoid further takedowns!

https://player.vimeo.com/video/196654580

Qotsaautopilot
01-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Wow! The was a company sanctioned video?

I always wonder why Jetblue has so much of their operation in the northeast when it’s the the most delayed and weather affected region of the country. I’m sure it has the highest yield but there’s almost nowhere else to route pax and planes through with so much operation in the NE

seekingblue
01-12-2018, 04:41 AM

$20 and a lift award goes to anyone who comes to work wearing their IROP pants (no spandex please, unless you are a chick).

EDIT: super bonus points (and maybe another lift award) if you do a standup PA and don the Blue gloves while wearing your ultra comfy IROP pants.

CaptCoolHand
01-12-2018, 05:38 AM

I need eye bleach again... It's like I enjoy the pain...

I knew not to click... yet I did it anyways:eek:

hilltopflyer
01-12-2018, 07:11 AM
Isn't one of the guys in that video a captain here?

402DRVR
01-12-2018, 07:18 AM
Well.. that actually explains a lot.

pilotgolfer
01-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!! DRO at noon, thats priceless ;)

Refresh my memory...what is DRO?

rvr1800
01-12-2018, 11:27 AM
Refresh my memory...what is DRO?

The Daily Reserve Overview. It assigns your reserve call out time for the following day. We can select an AM/PM preference for call out time but there’s nothing that says they have to follow that. Otherwise there is no say in what your call out time will be the following day. It’s supposed to be published by noon. This summer it was late every day for I think two months straight. I wasn’t on reserve but still got the emails and it infuriated me. I can’t even imagine what the reserve guys felt. Especially the commuters.

Bozo the pilot
01-12-2018, 12:31 PM
The Daily Reserve Overview. It assigns your reserve call out time for the following day. We can select an AM/PM preference for call out time but there’s nothing that says they have to follow that. Otherwise there is no say in what your call out time will be the following day. It’s supposed to be published by noon. This summer it was late every day for I think two months straight. I wasn’t on reserve but still got the emails and it infuriated me. I can’t even imagine what the reserve guys felt. Especially the commuters.

Its all ahead of me eh RVR? :eek:

P-3Bubba
01-13-2018, 06:37 AM
Well, another IROP. This for a January Rain Storm!!!! But it actually was a big deal. There was alot of snow at our major hubs. This caused jets to get stuck and not be able complete the schedule. BUF ROC SYR. You know where all the action is. (Sarcasm)

WTF? Rain storm Level 2. RSA's to follow. But special thanks to all those who helped out VDA from PH.

How about crew services stops getting jets stuck at outbases with timed out crews!!! I'd have a nice list of firings to go through today. Then we can hire inexperienced SOC reps at minimum wage to replace them. Rinse and repeat.

Thanks for the IROP Pants video find. Gold Jerry.

-Bubs

BackseatPilot
03-03-2018, 06:15 PM
Well, looks like the company found out the link above and had it taken down.

I wanted to show it to my wife as I sat around last night waiting for a hotel (which never came).

Anyone have it that can post a link? Or somehow send it to me?

queue
03-03-2018, 07:47 PM
Well, looks like the company found out the link above and had it taken down.

I wanted to show it to my wife as I sat around last night waiting for a hotel (which never came).

Anyone have it that can post a link? Or somehow send it to me?

Put it on Wikileaks.

hilltopflyer
03-04-2018, 04:25 AM
Or just you tube. Take out the very first part with the jetblue logo

Papa Bear
03-04-2018, 05:46 AM
We need to stop giving excuses on behalf of the company. Two days after the “rainstorm” captain states that due to weather in the northeast the aircraft is late...(no it MX, and actually we don’t have any spares, so the captain timed out and it took three hours to find one).
———————————
Give me 3500 like minded pilots, I will give you aCBA in 30 days

Final Clear
03-04-2018, 08:29 AM
We need to stop giving excuses on behalf of the company. Two days after the “rainstorm” captain states that due to weather in the northeast the aircraft is late...(no it MX, and actually we don’t have any spares, so the captain timed out and it took three hours to find one).
———————————
Give me 3500 like minded pilots, I will give you aCBA in 30 days

...that’s because ALL the virtual spares are out in SFO and SJC this week...:D

Hey jetblue...FUPM,

FC

Air Stang 7
03-04-2018, 08:31 AM
I now wish I downloaded that masterpiece.