Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Response times for RTP?

khos13
01-03-2018, 05:27 PM
Hello everyone. Does anyone know how long current response times are from Envoy once you have published your application? I have heard that it can take 2-4 weeks to get a response when you apply to the RTP. Does anyone have any experience? Thanks

rotorjockey3
01-03-2018, 06:01 PM
I applied last May and interviewed 3 weeks later. I hear there is an 18 month backlog with Coast flight now...and other issues. You may want to look at PSA or Piedmont if you want to go through a quicker RTP. Other airlines are starting RTP programs as well. Coast was the first, but they are overwhelmed and falling behind.

khos13
01-03-2018, 07:07 PM
Oh wow! 18 month backlog?! I hadn't heard that yet. Are they just swamped with new pilots?

havick206
01-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Oh wow! 18 month backlog?! I hadn't heard that yet. Are they just swamped with new pilots?

I think the times vary depending one whether you are just time building or need to get all your certificates.

I know someone who interviewed about 2 months ago and is going to Coast later this month or early next month. Though he has all his ratings and just needs to build the time.

khos13
01-04-2018, 05:41 AM
Well that is better news. I have a few more months until I retire from the military so I might be able to complete the raitings and just need the time building.
I put in the application. How long did it take for them to schedule your friends interview?

Thanks.

havick206
01-04-2018, 05:43 AM
Well that is better news. I have a few more months until I retire from the military so I might be able to complete the raitings and just need the time building.
I put in the application. How long did it take for them to schedule your friends interview?

Thanks.

I think it took them about 3-4 weeks to get around to scheduling him an interview.

PiedmontFlyer
01-05-2018, 06:52 PM
https://theaviatoragent.wordpress.com/2017/12/20/top-regional-airlines-for-transitioning-helicopter-pilots-2018/

Whiskey4
01-07-2018, 12:43 PM
I applied last May and interviewed 3 weeks later. I hear there is an 18 month backlog with Coast flight now...and other issues. You may want to look at PSA or Piedmont if you want to go through a quicker RTP. Other airlines are starting RTP programs as well. Coast was the first, but they are overwhelmed and falling behind.

There is no longer a backlog.

khos13
01-07-2018, 04:27 PM

Do you know how long envoy is taking to schedule interviews?

pitchattitude
01-07-2018, 05:22 PM

So you are saying there is no backlog for Coast? As in you can start as soon as you want after approved?

Whiskey4
01-17-2018, 05:02 PM
Do you know how long envoy is taking to schedule interviews?

1-2 weeks is a best guess. Email [email protected] if you want faster response. There are several people monitoring that address.

Whiskey4
01-17-2018, 05:08 PM
So you are saying there is no backlog for Coast? As in you can start as soon as you want after approved?

There should be spots available. The training provider now has an entire campus in TX (which has grown from a three plane operation to a fleet of 40-ish aircraft) devoted solely to RTP training. Every student there is an Envoy RTP candidate. I think most information about the backlog are from when they were starting and growing that operation.

It may depend on what length of program you need. Time-building is likely easy to accommodate. Every flight school gets a bit capacity constrained in multi-programs (due to fewer aircraft). Write [email protected] and get the current projected start dates from the recruiters.

Blackhawk2ATP
01-18-2018, 04:08 AM
Took me about 3.5 months to start after interview. I am starting in San Diego. Starting class Feb 6th. Due to just needing time building and Multi I could go to San Diego. Other than that Coast told me appx 10 months to get to their Texas location where they normal due the RTP.