Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : AME in Orlando?

BackseatPilot
01-04-2018, 05:29 AM
So I'm down here for training (in Orlando) and need a Class I physical. Anyone have suggestions? A quick Internet search gave me John Shewmaker. Anyone have experience with him?

Thx!

SonicFlyer
01-04-2018, 05:44 AM
So I'm down here for training (in Orlando) and need a Class I physical. Anyone have suggestions? A quick Internet search gave me John Shewmaker. Anyone have experience with him?

Thx!Yes he is awesome and quite hilarious! Once you go to him you'll never want to visit another AME

rvr1800
01-04-2018, 06:11 AM
Yes he is awesome and quite hilarious! Once you go to him you'll never want to visit another AME

Yup +1. Iíve been using him for a few years now.

Gearswinger
01-04-2018, 08:05 AM

Thx!

This is not a comment on him in particular, but it something you should consider. If something comes up that causes a denial, the AME who finds it is the one you'll be working with to get it cleared up and back flying. I wouldn't just drop into someone for a one time medical, this is a guy you want to have a relationship with since he'll be the one determining if you have a career or not. You live somewhere else and get denied? You'll be buying a ticket to get back to that guy, or going to a local guy who will now see you as someone who has been denied and will need to start from scratch to get your medical back. You really want someone local to you.

CaptCoolHand
01-04-2018, 09:35 AM
Yes he is awesome and quite hilarious! Once you go to him you'll never want to visit another AME

I wouldn't send my worst enemy to Shewmaker.

Go to Kurrle

https://www.flightdoc.us/

Ill double check, but i'm pretty sure he cant to ATC medicals anymore either.

Papa Bear
01-05-2018, 08:40 AM
I wouldn't send my worst enemy to Shewmaker.

Go to Kurrle

https://www.flightdoc.us/

Ill double check, but i'm pretty sure he cant to ATC medicals anymore either.
Yep... I totally agree...
I have been going to Frank Browning for 5 yrs now. Same neighborhood of FlyIn. Does it out of his hangar at home. PM me if you canít find his number. Nice man.
Heís a good back up to Kurrie if heís not available.

CaptCoolHand
01-06-2018, 01:35 PM
Yep... I totally agree...
I have been going to Frank Browning for 5 yrs now. Same neighborhood of FlyIn. Does it out of his hangar at home. PM me if you canít find his number. Nice man.
Heís a good back up to Kurrie if heís not available.
Right on. Thanks!
Been going to kurrle for years. Went to shewmaker once because i painted myself into a corner with the schedule. Never again.

starcheckdriver
02-24-2018, 03:12 PM
Right on. Thanks!
Been going to kurrle for years. Went to shewmaker once because i painted myself into a corner with the schedule. Never again.

Just curious what the issue with Shewmaker is? I used him once. Seemed a little weird to me, but walked out with my medical. I am in the market for a new AME in Orlando. Mine just retired.

SonicFlyer
02-24-2018, 04:34 PM
Just curious what the issue with Shewmaker is? I used him once. Seemed a little weird to me, but walked out with my medical. I am in the market for a new AME in Orlando. Mine just retired.

He is goofy and sometimes temperamental, but good natured. Some people simply don't appreciate his sense of humor. I find it makes a tense process much more relaxed.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1