Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : will JetBlue fly to europe?

clearskys
01-09-2018, 06:53 AM
I read a while back that they where thinking about flying to Europe and would have an answer by the end of 2017. Has this news fizzled out?

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 07:07 AM
Announcement delayed by ATC.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 07:13 AM
I read a while back that they where thinking about flying to Europe and would have an answer by the end of 2017. Has this news fizzled out?

Totally unrelated, but what is your opinion of carrots?

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 07:20 AM
Are you familiar with the term "Analysis Paralysis"?

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 07:23 AM
By the way, if you want to know the maximum extent of are outside-the-box route planning, we have a very exciting announcement just today about our route structure!

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 07:31 AM
Crossing the Atlantic at 30% less compensation than our peers, going to a crappy hotel 100 yards from an airport runway, in an aircraft running on fuel vapors or stopping in Iceland for fuel on a red-eye.

Sounds great!

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 07:31 AM
Two hours late.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 07:36 AM
We are probably going to go to Europe. Oh wait, is Europe in the Dominican Republic? Oh, it's not? Then we are NOT going.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 07:38 AM
Are there even any rooftop blue-potato farms in Europe?

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 07:40 AM
Announcement pending FAA approval to do trans-Atlantic turns for the cockpit crew.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 07:43 AM
We are waiting for Southwest, Alaska, Allegiant, Spirit, Frontier, Sun Country and Cape Air to prove U.S. to Europe is a viable market.

BlueJetDork
01-09-2018, 07:44 AM
Rat

Bucket

Hope

ďWorth a googleĒ.

Hope, even false hope is extreme powerful.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 07:47 AM
They are trying to decide between flying to Europe or deferring 30 more aircraft deliveries. Leaning towards deferral last time I was in LSC due to record profit margins at this time.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 07:47 AM
Damet! You ruined my perfect streak dork!

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 07:51 AM
After heavy analysis, our route planners discovered that Delta Air Lines already serves U.S. to Europe, so instead we are going to start 5 x daily NON-STOP service between STI-SDQ.

Look it up if you don't know those airport codes.

In order to have the aircraft for this new exciting service, we are reducing frequency between our Focus Cities and CLT, ATL, DCA, LGA, DFW, ORD, PHL, SAN, SFO, LAX, DEN, LAS and MCO.

Softpayman
01-09-2018, 07:54 AM

I don't think the news has fizzled out, but it's something they're looking into. One of the primary questions being with which aircraft? That ties into the fleet review which they announced would be occurring into the end of '17.

JB ordered additional A321 aircraft this past year without specifying engine type/configuration. Once that decision is made, we'll probably have a better look into their thinking (at least in the short term). Should they choose the A321LR (NEO engines + other mods) that would be a clear indicator of longer range and potentially transoceanic flying. Of course other paths exist like sticking with shorter range A321NEOS and obtaining other long range aircraft (ie A330) or to not invest in any longer range aircraft other than the A321NEO currently on order.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:01 AM
I don't think the news has fizzled out, but it's something they're looking into. One of the primary questions being with which aircraft? That ties into the fleet review which they announced would be occurring into the end of '17.

JB ordered additional A321 aircraft this past year without specifying engine type/configuration. Once that decision is made, we'll probably have a better look into their thinking (at least in the short term). Should they choose the A321LR (NEO engines + other mods) that would be a clear indicator of longer range and potentially transoceanic flying. Of course other paths exist like sticking with shorter range A321NEOS and obtaining other long range aircraft (ie A330) or to not invest in any longer range aircraft other than the A321NEO currently on order.

And there's LOWpayman with the JB spin and dis-information/hope-sales-pitch.

Hard point-of-order LOWpay, JB did NOT order additional A321 aircraft this year, they DEFERRED Airbus deliveries and swapped 2018 NEOs for the older less capable version. That's sort of the opposite of what you said.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN17R2GO

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:06 AM
Back to reality, are there even Nor'Easter's in Europe? We can't fly anywhere that doesn't have Nor'Easters.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:08 AM
Can't JB just invest in an app to get people across the Atlantic?

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:09 AM
Would that require planning?

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:10 AM
Would that require investment?

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:15 AM
It's in process, just waiting for more prosperous economic times and for conditions to improve for airlines.

P-3Bubba
01-09-2018, 08:17 AM
I love when Bluedriver calls out Lowpayman. It really makes my day.

-Bubs

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:21 AM
I asked an executive at LSC if we would ever serve Europe, he laughed and said "ya sure, right after Southwest and Sun Country announce Hawaii!!!!!" and then continued his evil Dr. Evil laugh.

slimothy
01-09-2018, 08:22 AM

-Bubs

Yeah, heís on one today. Itís epic.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:24 AM
Europe announcement coming soon!

Right after peer standard pilot CBA.

capt707
01-09-2018, 08:25 AM
Yawn.... FUPM!

slimothy
01-09-2018, 08:25 AM
Europe announcement coming soon!

Right after peer standard pilot CBA.

This is exciting news! For which airline?

atrdriver
01-09-2018, 08:29 AM

-Bubs

I'm dying over here :D:D comedy gold

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:30 AM
Have you heard about the new Mint menu?

Carrot soup.

Carrot stew.

Deep fried carrots smothered in delicious blue juice.

Carrots soaked in Atlantic water from the Titanic wreckage site.

Skychef Carrot Surprise.

Carrots Al La Business Partner.

Carrots En ATC.

Hurricane Carrot Tar Tar.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:32 AM
BOS ramp can't support A321LRs.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Currently studying E195 E2 aircraft for trans-Atlantic launch customer!

We tried it FIRST!

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:35 AM
After the very successful transaction to our new galley carts, we are excited to announce new trans-Atlantic service...............

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:36 AM
They are planning a Europe announcement right after the very successful implementation of OTP5.2

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Your flight to LHR is delayed 3 hours while we wait for an inbound *LOD* in-flight crew member.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:40 AM
"Ladies and Gentlemen in the gate area, unfortunately your flight to CDG has been cancelled because your pilots went to Delta Air Lines".

"We have representatives Southerner, Hyperboy and LOWpayman here to assist you with rebooking your flight onto Delta Air Lines and to tell you how great JB is".

"We have also set out these blue potato chips to make up for your inconvenience, sorry about your vacation".

Xtreme87
01-09-2018, 08:52 AM
New exciting news, weíre opening up a new co base between SDQ and STI. That way we can get 100% of our flying knocked out when a hurricane barrels through and up the coast toward the northeast. Awesome! What a great way to diversify.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:53 AM
"JB is proud to announce new trans-Atlantic service to all the most requested business and leisure destinations from our BOS and JFK focus cities!". "JB's crew members have worked very hard to build an airline with such name recognition and customer loyalty, we are excited to finally reward them with this exciting new service".

JB Airways is the leading carrier in JFK, BOS, FLL, MCO, SJU and LGB.

All trans-Atlantic flights to be operated on state of the art aircraft with Wi-Fi and in seat entertainment and flown by our business partner portfolio including, but not limited to, Cape Air, Aer Lingus, TAP Portugal, Emirates and Norwegian.

Book all your European travel needs on our partner airlines through JB.com

Std Deviation
01-09-2018, 08:55 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen put your hands together for Bluedriver. Remember there’s a two drink minimum and we validate parking. Next up...

Seriously, funny stuff.:D

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:56 AM
I'm optimistic, I think it will happen, especially since we ordered all those extra A321s in 2017!

I think the coffee is finally wearing off.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 08:58 AM

That should just about cover Europe.

Bluedriver
01-09-2018, 09:06 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen put your hands together for Bluedriver. Remember thereís a two drink minimum and we validate parking. Next up...

Seriously, funny stuff.:D

Nah, I'm just a negative guy who hates my life... 😂

adso81
01-09-2018, 09:06 AM
Thereís a real simple solution to your fascination with Europe flying...

F.U.P.M.

P-3Bubba
01-09-2018, 09:54 AM
We're toast fellas and ladies. Im losing steam and about to update my apps. Once again management is armed with the ability to set a course, revitalize the fleet and incorporate a new strategy of growth and profit.

To quote Ralphie from 'Christmas Story', "Aww skunked again!"

-Bubs

CaptCoolHand
01-09-2018, 11:03 AM
LMFAO!

Europe is right after the MCO expansion! It's next.

BD must be fresh from his irop rest bit. :D

atrdriver
01-09-2018, 11:15 AM
BD must be fresh from his irop rest bit. :D

On the flip side of the coin, a couple of the usual company apologists have been quiet the last few days. Guessing they aren't very "fresh" after the past week.

Bozo the pilot
01-09-2018, 04:14 PM
Its only 815pm- you done already BD?
Please keep this going tomorrow- Maybe the juicers will cave.:D

PasserOGas
01-09-2018, 04:27 PM
On the flip side of the coin, a couple of the usual company apologists have been quiet the last few days. Guessing they aren't very "fresh" after the past week.

Southerner is collapsed on his bed with dreams of RH thanking him for all his help the last few days, and making him the chief negotiator against the pilots.

Sweet dreams Southerner, sweet dreams.

Bluedriver
01-10-2018, 05:45 AM
Southerner is collapsed on his bed with dreams of RH thanking him for all his help the last few days, and making him the chief negotiator against the pilots.

Sweet dreams Southerner, sweet dreams.

As a pilot, I think I'd rather negotiate against Jett Martin and JB rather than face anti-pilot Southerner. Southerner would make Skinn'der look rational!

hyperboy
01-10-2018, 06:08 AM
As a pilot, I think I'd rather negotiate against Jett Martin and JB rather than face anti-pilot Southerner. Southerner would make Skinn'der look rational!

While you continue to bully "sandbox" style......

I PM'd you and you never "manned" up. Give me a call and we can chat. That will give you something to do and be way more productive for all of us rather than bully some one you don't know?

Bluedriver
01-10-2018, 06:24 AM
While you continue to bully "sandbox" style......

I PM'd you and you never "manned" up. Give me a call and we can chat. That will give you something to do and be way more productive for all of us rather than bully some one you don't know?

1. I have nothing to say to you and I DEFINITELY don't want to hear any of your words.

2. I do NOT trust you with any of my identifying information. I suppose I could call you from a payphone on a layover in SDQ, BUT, see point number ONE.

3. I don't want to hear anything you have to say.

4. I don't care about your juicer opinion, and definitely don't want to listen to it.

5. No thanks.

6. See point number ONE.

7. It seems all but the usual few Juiceboxes appreciated my contribution to this thread.

8. See point number ONE.

GOOD DAY!

hyperboy
01-10-2018, 06:41 AM
1. I have nothing to say to you and I DEFINITELY don't want to hear any of your words.

2. I do NOT trust you with any of my identifying information. I suppose I could call you from a payphone on a layover in SDQ, BUT, see point number ONE.

4. I don't care about your juicer opinion, and definitely don't want to listen to it.

5. No thanks.

6. See point number ONE.

7. It seems all but the usual few Juiceboxes appreciated my contribution to this thread.

8. See point number ONE.

GOOD DAY!

I am a juicer?! You have no idea what you are talking about. I go to my Union meetings, both rally's, and a family awareness event and I am a juicer? That makes you a coward calling me out for what? OK I guess thats what we call ALPA volunteers nowadays?

You are the joke and certainly not a solution to anything....

PasserOGas
01-10-2018, 08:07 AM
I think we will, but not for any "manifest destiny" reasons. This place is a dead end.

I think it may be limited to the UK for the same reason we infrequently go to ABQ, PSP, and DTW. Namely someone on the board of directors lives there and/or wants free positive space travel. In this case RH.

PasserOGas
01-10-2018, 08:10 AM
I am a juicer?! You have no idea what you are talking about. I go to my Union meetings, both rally's, and a family awareness event and I am a juicer? That makes you a coward calling me out for what? OK I guess thats what we call ALPA volunteers nowadays?

Hey non-juicer! Haven't seen you post much for the last week. What could you have been doing that made you so busy?

Bluedriver
01-10-2018, 08:50 AM

You are a Juicebox in part because you always put a positive spin on JetBlue and try to suppress LEGITIMATE and HONEST negative speech about your precious JB.

Do I at least appreciate your lanyard (I hope you wear one) and your meeting attendance? YES.

But, then you come here and help JB recruit pilots by attempting to suppress honest negative criticism of JB, and then say things like #keepsgettingbetter.

Truth is: #keepsfallingfurtherbehindmypeersincompensationand qualityoflifewhilemanagementinvestsbillionsinshare holdersviabuy-backswhilenotinvestinginit'spilotsfleetnetworkorai rlinewhilehavinganindustryleadingprofitmarginandof feringLESSthanalaskaratesatthebargainingtable

Cloud5urfer
01-10-2018, 10:18 AM
You are a Juicebox in part because you always put a positive spin on JetBlue and try to suppress LEGITIMATE and HONEST negative speech about your precious JB.

Do I at least appreciate your lanyard (I hope you wear one) and your meeting attendance? YES.

But, then you come here and help JB recruit pilots by attempting to suppress honest negative criticism of JB, and then say things like #keepsgettingbetter.

Truth is: #keepsfallingfurtherbehindmypeersincompensationand qualityoflifewhilemanagementinvestsbillionsinshare holdersviabuy-backswhilenotinvestinginit'spilotsfleetnetworkorai rlinewhilehavinganindustryleadingprofitmarginandof feringLESSthanalaskaratesatthebargainingtable

Many of the people who you think are juice boxes were following the message and tone of our MEC. So, you cannot call them juice boxes when it was your super negative anti JB tone that was not in line with the MEC message. You were rattling the sabre too early. Like calling wolf.

With that said, we are now in a labor dispute. The MEC has been clear to follow SOP. Along with some good examples.

So you can rattle your sabre now.

FUPM

atrdriver
01-10-2018, 10:23 AM

He does wear his lanyard and attend rallies. That is honestly much appreciated. (See you both on the 31st.)

Hopefully he can see where he rubs people the wrong way when he, as you correctly point out, counters legitimate and honest negative speech to give cover to management. I don't get it.

hyperboy
01-10-2018, 10:40 AM
Hey non-juicer! Haven't seen you post much for the last week. What could you have been doing that made you so busy?

Being at home.

hyperboy
01-10-2018, 10:44 AM

Call me dude you have my number. Be a man and find out rather than talk smack online. It will benefit you.

You got hired here so we know we are doing something right?!

Bluedriver
01-10-2018, 11:06 AM
Many of the people who you think are juice boxes were following the message and tone of our MEC. So, you cannot call them juice boxes when it was your super negative anti JB tone that was not in line with the MEC message. You were rattling the sabre too early. Like calling wolf.

With that said, we are now in a labor dispute. The MEC has been clear to follow SOP. Along with some good examples.

So you can rattle your sabre now.

FUPM

Because I had a brain and knew exactly where this was going. The union was publicly playing nice, taking the high road and giving management a chance that management was NEVER going to take. But they tried.

I'm sorry many of you didn't know how this was going to go.

And yes, FUPM.

Bluedriver
01-10-2018, 11:12 AM
Call me dude you have my number. Be a man and find out rather than talk smack online. It will benefit you.

You got hired here so we know we are doing something right?!

Oh good Lord, this again:

5. No thanks.

6. See point number ONE.

8. See point number ONE.

9. You have stated the things you have done to give you some union credibility, great. Now have you spent 3 seconds trying to figure out why you rub many on here wrong? Given any thought as to why you MUST suppress honest and legitimate negative speech about JB?

10. See point number ONE.

GOOD DAY!

hyperboy
01-10-2018, 12:00 PM
Oh good Lord, this again:

5. No thanks.

6. See point number ONE.

8. See point number ONE.

9. You have stated the things you have done to give you some union credibility, great. Now have you spent 3 seconds trying to figure out why you rub many on here wrong? Given any thought as to why you MUST suppress honest and legitimate negative speech about JB?

10. See point number ONE.

GOOD DAY!

The bully that is a coward to call? Unjustly name call and hide because you think you know but don't? Sad.......

Papa Bear
01-10-2018, 12:42 PM
Not with this team at HQ. Itís way to complicated... JetBlue is a Sega Genises in a XBox world. We canít even staff the east coast flying properly on a rainy day.

Papa Bear
01-10-2018, 12:44 PM
We're toast fellas and ladies. Im losing steam and about to update my apps. Once again management is armed with the ability to set a course, revitalize the fleet and incorporate a new strategy of growth and profit.

To quote Ralphie from 'Christmas Story', "Aww skunked again!"

-Bubs
Beat you to it...I grabbed my logbook out two nights ago to see how far back I last updated. Two years...not too bad. Iím on it!

Bluedriver
01-10-2018, 01:05 PM
The bully that is a coward to call? Unjustly name call and hide because you think you know but don't? Sad.......

You say more words,
I. Just. Don't. Care.

hyperboy
01-10-2018, 03:12 PM
You say more words,
I. Just. Don't. Care.

Your a bully and a coward.

Riverside
01-10-2018, 08:18 PM

Sorry, but pet peeve of mine. "You're" not your, anyways continue on.

HighFlight
01-10-2018, 08:20 PM
Also, itís anyway, not anyways. Adverbs are never plural.

Sorry, but pet peeve of mine. "You're" not your, anyways continue on.

Tom a Hawk
01-11-2018, 01:14 AM
I think we will, but not for any "manifest destiny" reasons. This place is a dead end.

I think it may be limited to the UK for the same reason we infrequently go to ABQ, PSP, and DTW. Namely someone on the board of directors lives there and/or wants free positive space travel. In this case RH.

Sure, the guy making millions and is in charge of the whole company wants to fly there for free. So THATíS why!

CaptCoolHand
01-11-2018, 01:45 AM
Not with this team at HQ. Itís way to complicated... JetBlue is a Sega Genises in a XBox world. We canít even staff the east coast flying properly on a rainy day.

I would argue it's a Atari guts in a Xbox case that's shiny.

PasserOGas
01-11-2018, 03:28 AM
Sure, the guy making millions and is in charge of the whole company wants to fly there for free. So THATíS why!

It is why we started DTW. It's why we go to ABQ. You must be new here.

Bluedriver
01-11-2018, 05:53 AM
It is why we started DTW. It's why we go to ABQ. You must be new here.

ABQ, maybe. DTW was because there is a need for that service, and it is successful, but more than any other reason it was because Emirates wanted DTW for connecting.

hilltopflyer
01-11-2018, 05:54 AM
ABQ, maybe. DTW was because there is a need for that service, and it is successful, but more than any other reason it was because Emirates wanted DTW for connecting.

It doesn't have a thing to do with us. Has to do with the YUUUUGE Muslim population in dtw and emirates haha

Bluedriver
01-11-2018, 06:38 AM

More words from the Blue Defence Club 2nd in command.

I. Still. Don't. Care.

PasserOGas
01-11-2018, 06:44 AM

Also, DB was from there and it was announced months before he retired. JFK PSP? Im just sayin' there is a track record of the ELT using this place as a piggy bank and free travel home for life might motivate them.

Riverside
01-11-2018, 07:24 AM
Also, itís anyway, not anyways. Adverbs are never plural.

Guess you never heard of informal.

HighFlight
01-11-2018, 07:28 AM
Sure I have. But itís not informal, itís slang. And just as wrong as the your/youíre thing. Which bugged me as well, but I let it slide until you brought it up. ;)

Anyways is about equal to irregardless in my book.

Guess you never heard of informal.

PasserOGas
01-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Sure I have. But itís not informal, itís slang. And just as wrong as the your/youíre thing. Which bugged me as well, but I let it slide until you brought it up. ;)

This is why I always use the formal "usted" version of english on here.

Bluedriver
01-11-2018, 08:23 AM

How about expecially? I hate that one.

HighFlight
01-11-2018, 08:31 AM
Please, do not axe me about that one. Supposably, that can annoy people too.

How about expecially? I hate that one.

Bluedriver
01-11-2018, 08:41 AM
Please, do not axe me about that one. Supposably, that can annoy people too.

I was going to include that one, but thought I betta not.

Bozo the pilot
01-11-2018, 10:25 AM

Ah- the ignorance of using irregardless has to be my favorite- Ive even heard news casters use this word. Unfortunately, its becoming more accepted now.

SoCentralRain
01-12-2018, 03:43 PM
Ah- the ignorance of using irregardless has to be my favorite- Ive even heard news casters use this word. Unfortunately, its becoming more accepted now.

Don't forget the apostrophe!;)

And "newscasters" is a single word, albeit a clumsy one. :D

SCR, graduate of the Grammar and Spelling Police Academy

Bozo the pilot
01-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Don't forget the apostrophe!;)

And "newscasters" is a single word, albeit a clumsy one. :D

SCR, graduate of the Grammar and Spelling Police Academy

Well good luck with that;)

slimothy
01-12-2018, 09:32 PM
This is why I always use the formal "usted" version of english on here.

I always go with ďvosotrosĒ when able.

Speedbird2263
01-12-2018, 09:40 PM
I always go with ďvosotrosĒ when able.

Porque!? :eek:

GuppyPuppy
01-13-2018, 05:32 AM
"I could care less".

:rolleyes:

Gup

hilltopflyer
01-13-2018, 06:08 AM
"I could care less".

Gup

What did this thread turn into?

Bluedriver
02-06-2018, 07:40 AM
So, are we still going to Europe?

GuppyPuppy
02-06-2018, 09:15 AM
So, are we still going to Europe?

Yup.......on Aer Lingus.

GP

Riverside
02-06-2018, 10:02 AM
Yup.......on Aer Lingus.

GP

Nice job bringing back a 9 year old thread the other day. Tis was funny.

pilotpayne
02-06-2018, 02:05 PM
"I could care less".

Gup

So you do care:D

GuppyPuppy
02-06-2018, 03:50 PM
Nice job bringing back a 9 year old thread the other day. Tis was funny.

I just thought it was funny how excited people were about the payrates and being non-union. I saw the link pop up at the end of another thread I was reading.

Gup

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1