Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Vote NO for the $1000

Route66
01-10-2018, 03:35 AM
“Details of the payout
Why are we receiving $1,000?
Consider it a thank you for your hard work, and our way of making sure the benefits of the historic tax reform are shared with the very people who matter the most to our customers and shareholders.

Does this payout require approval by each union?
Yes. We’re working with each union on that now and hope to reach agreement soon.”

Call your reps and tell them to vote NO for approval for pilots to receive $1000 thank you from the Company.

It will send a message of unity.

sumwherelse
01-10-2018, 05:18 AM
I am as much for messages as the next guy but this is a dumb idea. This union has a tendency to give away things when it doesn’t need to and voting down this $1000 would do the exact same thing and have the exact same result. Let this bad idea die here.

A330FoodCritic
01-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Sorry dude, give me my $700, after taxes and union dues.

Mover
01-10-2018, 01:45 PM
“Details of the payout
Why are we receiving $1,000?
Consider it a thank you for your hard work, and our way of making sure the benefits of the historic tax reform are shared with the very people who matter the most to our customers and shareholders.

Does this payout require approval by each union?
Yes. We’re working with each union on that now and hope to reach agreement soon.”

Call your reps and tell them to vote NO for approval for pilots to receive $1000 thank you from the Company.

It will send a message of unity.

I vote no to this stupid idea.

You can give me your $1000 if you'd like.

mainlineAF
01-10-2018, 01:50 PM
He’s an anti-union troll. Don’t pay him any attention.

Floobs
01-10-2018, 03:59 PM
If you don't want yours give it to me, Heck if 90 of you guys gave me yours I could buy a brand new Porsche 911.

EMBFlyer
01-10-2018, 04:05 PM
He still thinks USAPA stands a chance!

mketch11
01-10-2018, 04:47 PM
How about a we counter-offer and request an increase in yearly wages by an equivalent amount to the $1000 bonus instead?

Dolphinflyer
01-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Seriously?

That's the slush fund for my FO's and the occasional FA join up Crew dinner and drinks.

MY cost controls and accounting suck, so most likely I'll blow past that stipend. (Although I switched to DOM for the moment, Jeesuz, what low life crap you guys have accepted is disgusting, I might have money left over from this Applebees/Fridays trailer park chit layover food).

sumwherelse
01-10-2018, 06:03 PM
Seriously?

That's the slush fund for my FO's and the occasional FA join up Crew dinner and drinks.

MY cost controls and accounting suck, so most likely I'll blow past that stipend. (Although I switched to DOM for the moment, Jeesuz, what low life crap you guys have accepted is disgusting, I might have money left over from this Applebees/Fridays trailer park chit layover food).

You guys?? Who is you guys?

Route66
01-11-2018, 01:21 AM
How about a we counter-offer and request an increase in yearly wages by an equivalent amount to the $1000 bonus instead?

Well now, I guess my sarcastic vote has come full circle. The point I was making (and made) is that the C-O-M-P-A-N-Y gave us the profit sharing, the pay raises and the $1000 WITHOUT UNION negotiation. Yet they take their %2 for doing WHAT exactly?

You're getting MORE over and above what the APA negotiated and yet the APA claims its pound of flesh?? I can understand enforcement of the contract for the pay you negotiated but NOT the dues associated with the pay you were given over and above the contract.

What a sweet deal the union and its "employees" get.

Knobcrk1
01-11-2018, 01:38 AM
If you don't want yours give it to me, Heck if 90 of you guys gave me yours I could buy a brand new Porsche 911.

More like used

Mover
01-11-2018, 04:13 AM
Well now, I guess my sarcastic vote has come full circle. The point I was making (and made) is that the C-O-M-P-A-N-Y gave us the profit sharing, the pay raises and the $1000 WITHOUT UNION negotiation. Yet they take their %2 for doing WHAT exactly?

You're getting MORE over and above what the APA negotiated and yet the APA claims its pound of flesh?? I can understand enforcement of the contract for the pay you negotiated but NOT the dues associated with the pay you were given over and above the contract.

APA doesn't take 2%.

Bob Loblaw
01-11-2018, 04:15 AM

You're thinking of ALPA. APA is only 1%. Quite the bargain.

full of luv
01-11-2018, 04:22 AM
APA doesn't take 2%.

Either does ALPA, but don't let facts get in the way of a good agenda driven rant.

Mover
01-11-2018, 04:27 AM

Sometimes you get what you pay for (this AIP).

Arado 234
01-11-2018, 07:28 AM
Sorry dude, give me my $700, after taxes and union dues.

"How" do we get the $1000? As a bonus or regular pay? Can you put it into your 401k?

jcountry
01-11-2018, 08:02 AM
Sometimes you get what you pay for (this AIP).

With the level of representation I get, I feel like one cent would be a ripoff

Floobs
01-11-2018, 09:22 AM
Why are we against the AIP again?

A330FoodCritic
01-11-2018, 10:06 AM
"How" do we get the $1000? As a bonus or regular pay? Can you put it into your 401k?

For that big arse profit sharing check :rolleyes: putting 100% in the Special Election Before Tax box under Other Contributions worked.

Name User
01-11-2018, 03:00 PM

I'd gladly pay 2% for their $80k profit sharing checks vs our $5k?

What a joke.

Mover
01-12-2018, 04:10 AM
Why are we against the AIP again?

Attachment 3 and a vague implementation of ACD that may never happen with soft penalties.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1