Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Western Global Airlines

2018jet
01-12-2018, 06:52 PM
Does anyone have some current information on the training, schedules?

Pros
Cons

pilot0987
01-12-2018, 07:38 PM

Pros
Cons

There is a thread already that has this information. Use the search function

boeingdvr
01-13-2018, 03:21 AM

Pros
Cons

Why don't you check out PSA, Eagle, Piedmont. A real airline with a contract and a Flow. Why anyone would go to such a $&@$Hole is beyond me

JohnBurke
01-13-2018, 07:26 AM
Why don't you check out PSA, Eagle, Piedmont. A real airline with a contract and a Flow. Why anyone would go to such a $&@$Hole is beyond me

Can you back that vitriol up with anything of substance?

Need4speed21
01-14-2018, 07:57 AM
I think going to Western Gloval is better than going to a regional because of the pay,it might not be the best ACMI out there but at least you make descent money.If you work 18 days a month at $382 a day thats $6876+ $1080 in per diem thats $7956 a month=$95,472 a year and thats not bad compared to regionals and that is with no O/T thats first year pay by the way

skysailor
01-14-2018, 01:36 PM
Home based. Schedule is essentially an all reserve schedule. Each line is days on or off duty. So, slow months= home with little flying but paid. Peak shipping months thru out the year=17-18 days on 13 days off. OT is usually available in the busy months. The days off/on usually in blocks of time for each. Example: 5 off, 17 on 8-9 off.

The MD-11 guys work a much more active schedule and fly more. The B747 guys not so much. Only hiring for the MD-11 most likely for the foreseeable future but that could change too. Paid on time, airline to start and end duty rotations. Hard work but more interesting than hub and spoke flying.

Need4speed21
01-14-2018, 02:20 PM
Do you guys fly out of Miami International much,also how does the $10,000 dollar retention bonus works? Do they split it or do you get a lumpsum? Thanks

2018jet
01-14-2018, 04:52 PM
Whats the current schedules for the MD-11 ?
I heard that its not a full 17days on and 13 off. sometimes your days off gets moved around and 4 days off or 3 days off here and there.....

2018jet
01-14-2018, 04:53 PM
Which should someone lookout for while working for WGA?

robthree
01-16-2018, 04:52 AM
Which should someone lookout for while working for WGA?

Fatigue, social isolation, depression, alcoholism.

But mostly fatigue.

Need4speed21
01-16-2018, 02:31 PM
Fatigue, social isolation, depression, alcoholism.

But mostly fatigue.

Hahaha😂😂 thats a good one

robthree
01-17-2018, 04:38 AM
Hahaha😂😂 thats a good one

ACMI is a tough gig.

It is always an adventure. And makes for great stories. But its also a job I'm glad I used to have. If they pay isn't significantly better than flying for a regional, I would not consider it.

maxjet
01-17-2018, 06:08 AM
ACMI is a tough gig.

It is always an adventure. And makes for great stories. But its also a job I'm glad I used to have. If they pay isn't significantly better than flying for a regional, I would not consider it.

If you are young, I would suggest that you go for it here. Go see the world, go fly a bigger aircraft and most importantly, go have some fun. Stop trying to justify, following your dreams. If you are young, you can always quit and go in a different direction like Rob3 has done. Even if you are not young, how will you feel if you were financially able to take the leap and didn’t. When you are retired do you want to regale your friends with stories about overnights in GSP or stories about seeing the Northern Lights and sunrises and sunsets over exotic lands. Sometimes on these boards we lose sight of why we actually became pilots.

Undaunted
01-17-2018, 10:19 AM
Very well said, MAXJET!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Jet757
01-17-2018, 11:41 AM
If you are young, I would suggest that you go for it here. Go see the world, go fly a bigger aircraft and most importantly, go have some fun. Stop trying to justify, following your dreams. If you are young, you can always quit and go in a different direction like Rob3 has done. Even if you are not young, how will you feel if you were financially able to take the leap and didnít. When you are retired do you want to regale your friends with stories about overnights in GSP or stories about seeing the Northern Lights and sunrises and sunsets over exotic lands. Sometimes on these boards we lose sight of why we actually became pilots.

Man we need more guys like yourself. All you read on these threads nowadays is how ****ty everything is. It's refreshing to see a positive and encouraging message.

Need4speed21
01-23-2018, 09:45 AM
Hey guys just got the call from Western Global,what im i getting my self into help please thanks

No Land 3
01-23-2018, 12:22 PM
Hey guys just got the call from Western Global,what im i getting my self into help please thanks

Remember the movie, "The Matrix"? Well, you are about to swallow the pill... I can't speak for Western Global, but over at Kalitta, 99.9% of the new hires love it.
Go for it, experience it.

Need4speed21
01-23-2018, 01:33 PM
Remember the movie, "The Matrix"? Well, you are about to swallow the pill... I can't speak for Western Global, but over at Kalitta, 99.9% of the new hires love it.

Thank you i got my Skype interview next Monday im exited,i really want to try it out and learn a lot if they Hire me 😄😄

Need4speed21
01-23-2018, 03:50 PM

And i also like the Matrix 😂😂

WinggedHussars
01-26-2018, 02:01 PM

As a young new hire just finishing up my second month on the line, im gonna say I agree with this guy and max. I swallowed the pill, and im loving the hell out of it! Mind you i recognize as i grow older and want to have a family and stability and be home, someday there will come a time whete this is not the place i want to be, but for now and for the next few years, im living the dream... just making the little kid in the L1011 with an ear to ear grin that stares at me from the wall at my parents house when i go home for a visit really happy and really proud.

But flying cool stuff to cool places is about my only real motivation for being a pilot to begin with. So, my priorities are pretty unique.

Clear left
02-23-2018, 12:10 PM
Hey need4speed Just wondering how your interview went and what to expect on the Skype interview.

Need4speed21
02-23-2018, 03:29 PM
Hey need4speed Just wondering how your interview went and what to expect on the Skype interview.

It went well the Skype was about 30 minutes long they asked everything,very nice people very professional after skype about an hour later got a call from Cinthia the HR Mgr for the face to face in Mia the interview in Miami is a little tuff they talk about the Company future goals everything straight forward no run around the bushes after that you get a math test and a very difficult technical 40 question test,then after that a sim eval either in the md11 or 74 we all got the 74 sim eval cuss the md sim was busy that day after the sim then you sit with the whole panel chief pilot assistance chief pilot hr and 747 manager and ask you more stuff about your career and your life, you gotta be honest and real cuss they are very picky you have to show them you really want to work there after that they kick you outside the room for about 5 minutes then they call you back and tell you if you got the job or if you didnít like I said very nice people and if you get the face to face it means they really want to hire you, you really have to f&@ck it up real bad if they donít hired you good luck 🍀👍

Muredhawk
02-23-2018, 09:12 PM
From what I hear the job fair and on-site interviews went very well. Around 22 pilots hired and more in other positions.

Worldguy
02-26-2018, 01:43 PM
What is the latest with regards to DEC, either fleet? Yes or no? Just keeping my options open. Are all positions for FO or are there DEC possibilities? At the current re-numeration figures I would expect DEC would still be an option for those really in need of staying current only.
Thanks.
M

goinaround
02-26-2018, 04:49 PM
It went well the Skype was about 30 minutes long they asked everything,very nice people very professional after skype about an hour later got a call from Cinthia the HR Mgr for the face to face in Mia the interview in Miami is a little tuff they talk about the Company future goals everything straight forward no run around the bushes after that you get a math test and a very difficult technical 40 question test,then after that a sim eval either in the md11 or 74 we all got the 74 sim eval cuss the md sim was busy that day after the sim then you sit with the whole panel chief pilot assistance chief pilot hr and 747 manager and ask you more stuff about your career and your life, you gotta be honest and real cuss they are very picky you have to show them you really want to work there after that they kick you outside the room for about 5 minutes then they call you back and tell you if you got the job or if you didnít like I said very nice people and if you get the face to face it means they really want to hire you, you really have to f&@ck it up real bad if they donít hired you good luck 🍀👍

If cussing in the interview is a preferential in the hiring process....I better get my app in......

Pilot7576
03-01-2018, 01:49 PM
Just never count on Western Global for a jumpseat. Their JS folks can't find their a$$ with both hands. Clueless is being charitable...

TonyC
03-01-2018, 01:55 PM
If cussing in the interview is a preferential in the hiring process....I better get my app in......

Remember to use no periods. Punctuation is overrated.

Muredhawk
03-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Just never count on Western Global for a jumpseat. Their JS folks can't find their a$$ with both hands. Clueless is being charitable...

Sorry to hear you or somebody else had a bad time. Ramping up the jumpseat process has been difficult to get off the ground, mainly with educating the office.

I hope it improves significantly once all of the planes get updated with the new seat layouts.

JohnBurke
03-01-2018, 05:31 PM
Remember to use no periods. Punctuation is overrated.

Ellipsis, man. The comma is overrated.

The ellipsis is for those who normally talk with their hands.

TiredSoul
03-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Ellipsis, man. The comma is overrated.

The ellipsis is for those who normally talk with their hands.

We should have a like button

Boris Badenov
03-01-2018, 05:53 PM
We should have a like button

Agreed. Double "like" click...

trekker
03-04-2018, 07:44 AM
I've looked through the forums, but don't really see anything too specific regarding a typical tour. Is it always 17 days in a row or can it be broken up? What does life look like while on tour? How many hours is typical in a hotel? Is one able to maintain a fitness routine? Is there food available on the aircraft? Would really appreciate understanding what life on the road looks like. Thanks!

Boris Badenov
03-08-2018, 06:43 AM
You should look harder.

trekker
03-08-2018, 11:14 AM
Wow! Helpful. If you don't know just don't post.

JohnBurke
03-08-2018, 05:04 PM

You're off to a good start.

iflyme
03-09-2018, 07:37 AM

If you don't read, don't ask. SMH!

longhauler
03-09-2018, 05:53 PM
A European friend of mine working in the desert wants to get out. Will WGA help with the a Temporary Workers Permit?

Muredhawk
03-10-2018, 04:14 AM
A European friend of mine working in the desert wants to get out. Will WGA help with the a Temporary Workers Permit?

I donít believe so

whalesurfer
03-12-2018, 01:52 AM

Pros
Cons

Mainly pros.
Youíll be undercutting ups pilots and flying trips they just wonít do. So itís all good. :rolleyes:

Breckenridge
03-12-2018, 04:28 AM
Mainly pros.
Youíll be undercutting ups pilots and flying trips they just wonít do. So itís all good. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a personal problem. The UPS pilot group should be taking it up with UPS management.

ups757cpt
03-12-2018, 04:54 AM
Mainly pros.
You’ll be undercutting ups pilots and flying trips they just won’t do. So it’s all good. :rolleyes:

I agree with everything except "flying trips they just won't do", from what I've read they are flying some pretty good trips.

Also these jobs might be temporary at WGA, don't think UPS will be allowed to violate our scope forever.

CactusCrew
03-12-2018, 05:22 AM
Sounds like a personal problem. The UPS pilot group should be taking it up with UPS management.

We are. :cool:

Horia
12-23-2018, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=Need4speed21;2535565]It went well the Skype was about 30 minutes long they asked everything,very nice people very professional after skype about an hour later got a call from Cinthia the HR Mgr for the face to face in Mia the interview in Miami is a little tuff they talk about the Company future goals everything straight forward no run around the bushes after that you get a math test and a very difficult technical 40 question test,then after that a sim eval...

Need4Speed21,

Can you please expand on what made the written test difficult?

Another person wrote that there were a lot of ICAO/International Procuderes related questions (not sure if the questions were on the test or part of the face to face portion of the interview) was this also your experience?

Entries made to Aviationinterviews refer to a "sim script" and "FMC setup" as part of the sim evaluation.

Can anyone answer if:
1. The sim script is sent before interview day or handed to the
applicant the day of the interview?
2. Are you instructed on how to setup the FMC during the
evaluation or are instructions given as part of the sim script for
you to then demonstrate during the evaluation?
3. What kind of FMC does the sim have? (I want to search online
for available tutorials).
4. Has anyone rented the PanAm sim in MIA for familiarity prior to
the evaluation?

I have an interview scheduled and would appreciate any help/advice/gouge that anyone has to offer.

PMs are fine if you prefer.

Thanks in advance.

whalesurfer
12-23-2018, 10:27 AM
Mainly pros.
Youíll be undercutting ups pilots and flying trips they just wonít do. So itís all good.
I agree with everything except "flying trips they just won't do", from what I've read they are flying some pretty good trips....

I guess I shouldíve used a sarcasm smiley :rolleyes:
Point being, ALL those trips should be flown by ups pilots. Period.
I think thatís something we can agree on..

FrontSeat2
04-05-2019, 07:23 AM
Bye Bye !!!!!

navigatro
04-05-2019, 07:53 AM
Bye Bye !!!!!

painfully true.

MedHawk
04-05-2019, 08:16 AM
Has any one gotten a call two weeks after the Skype interview? Cynthia said they were doing skype interviews for two weeks then they are going to inform me of the next step. Everywhere Ive read said they call within an hour of the skype... me thinks I didnt make the cut...

Asiabound
04-05-2019, 10:13 AM
Bye Bye !!!!!

Bon Voyage. I'm curious to see the new seniority list.

No Land 3
04-05-2019, 01:18 PM
The UPS flying...
Isn't that the crappiest flying in the system? My WGA friend wishes it did go back :p

727C47
04-06-2019, 02:24 AM
The UPS flying...
Isn't that the crappiest flying in the system? My WGA friend wishes it did go back :p

Hey I see them at DTW , are you insulting Detroit !!! ? 😳😊

No Land 3
04-06-2019, 04:22 AM
Hey I see them at DTW , are you insulting Detroit !!! ? 😳😊
Nothing to do with the city, just the type of flying, with long ground sits.

pony172
04-06-2019, 07:11 AM
The UPS flying...

Ask and you shall receive, as of Jun 29.

727C47
04-06-2019, 07:21 AM

Kidding bro 😎

flyguy23
04-06-2019, 08:07 AM
Bye Bye !!!!!

Wait, didnt you say on numerous occasions the contractors wouldn't be going away? Something about ups furloughs as well? What happened?

CactusCrew
04-06-2019, 08:32 AM
The UPS flying...

No doubt, pilot's perspective. Understand completely.

But I wouldn't be surprised if had better profits than other flying.

No Land 3
04-06-2019, 11:13 AM
No doubt, pilot's perspective. Understand completely.

But I wouldn't be surprised if had better profits than other flying.

No doubt about that

SaltyDog
04-06-2019, 02:02 PM

LOL
WG flying UPS trips that go fairly senior on the MD.
All sorts have "long" ground sits. Glad he's ready to give it up.
Been flying off ramp 6 watching them launch every day right next to us. Was flying worse stuff.
So bad the UPS stuff their flying that a new hire last week came from WG. Maybe was the bud :D
Gotta admit, WG used some UPS earnings to paint jets. Ours look terrible ;)

74Freighter
04-06-2019, 02:31 PM
LOL
WG flying UPS trips that go fairly senior on the MD.
All sorts have "long" ground sits. Glad he's ready to give it up.
Been flying off ramp 6 watching them launch every day right next to us. Was flying worse stuff.
So bad the UPS stuff their flying that a new hire last week came from WG. Maybe was the bud :D
Gotta admit, WG used some UPS earnings to paint jets. Ours look terrible ;)
Majority hated UPS flying including senior guys, blame your company for letting WG fly for UPS not the WG pilots. Just a few liked it. Worst flying since commuter days. I'm glad it's over.
Pilots used to be friendly to each other, we did not cross any lines, we all have to pay bills. Our salary is three times smaller than yours, what are you all unhappy about?

FrontSeat2
04-06-2019, 03:00 PM
Wait, didnt you say on numerous occasions the contractors wouldn't be going away? Something about ups furloughs as well? What happened?

It did not go away....did you not read the IPA press release, still contractors on property, I was correct...

A fair number of pilots have had their upgrade delayed by a year but at least they got BV days years from now and 200 dollars before taxes.....

UBA727
04-06-2019, 03:37 PM
Majority hated UPS flying including senior guys, blame your company for letting WG fly for UPS not the WG pilots. Just a few liked it. Worst flying since commuter days. I'm glad it's over.
Pilots used to be friendly to each other, we did not cross any lines, we all have to pay bills. Our salary is three times smaller than yours, what are you all unhappy about?

Well then it is great the end is in site! Us UPS pilots want to apologize to you and the rest of the WG crews that had to endure such horrible flying conditions! We hope that you find greener pastures with your new flying, what ever it is! SEE YA!!!!!!

No Land 3
04-06-2019, 04:05 PM
Well then it is great the end is in site! Us UPS pilots want to apologize to you and the rest of the WG crews that had to endure such horrible flying conditions! We hope that you find greener pastures with your new flying, what ever it is! SEE YA!!!!!!

Well, begs the question, what do you UPS pilots find so attractive about the night domestic hub flying? Every December, I find myself doing it for some one, and it is the least interesting flying I've ever done.

Roverruckus
04-06-2019, 04:31 PM
Probably the paycheck at the end of the month I would assume.

SaltyDog
04-06-2019, 04:45 PM

Go read the thread, I never blamed WG pilots. I was amused you all hated the contracted flying. Glad you are all ready to bail. Good for both pilot groups. Never said or had a bad thing to say about WG pilots. They were simply flying their job.
Not aware of any union saying anything negative about WG pilots either. Went after UPS management for violating a contract. Very pro pilot of any company.
Oh well. Guessing UPS HR takes note of your majority dislike of UPS flying. Feel bad for any WG pilots having to explain that in an interview at UPS.
Good journeys. ;)

UBA727
04-06-2019, 05:14 PM
Well, begs the question, what do you UPS pilots find so attractive about the night domestic hub flying? Every December, I find myself doing it for some one, and it is the least interesting flying I've ever done.

Make really good money for working a few nights a week! Why complaint!

74Freighter
04-07-2019, 07:37 AM
Go read the thread, I never blamed WG pilots. I was amused you all hated the contracted flying. Glad you are all ready to bail. Good for both pilot groups. Never said or had a bad thing to say about WG pilots. They were simply flying their job.
Not aware of any union saying anything negative about WG pilots either. Went after UPS management for violating a contract. Very pro pilot of any company.
Oh well. Guessing UPS HR takes note of your majority dislike of UPS flying. Feel bad for any WG pilots having to explain that in an interview at UPS.
Good journeys. ;)
My apology, I'm glad I'm was wrong about you.
I don't know if it's true, but I heard UPS blocked WG from interviews and hiring while on the contract.

JohnBurke
04-07-2019, 07:59 AM
I don't know if it's true, but I heard UPS blocked WG from interviews and hiring while on the contract.

It is not true.

Moreover, regarding negative comments by WGA pilots who are flying the UPS contract, those with whom I've spoken have had nothing negative to say about the flying or the UPS arrangements. They're doing more landings, more regularly than they might otherwise, the flight duty is light, consistent, and straightfoward, and UPS is a professional organization that's easy to work with. One would probably need to qualify any complains by the complainer to put them in context

BrownDoubles
04-07-2019, 08:31 AM

There was a WG guy in class this week at UPS.

Waborita
04-07-2019, 02:24 PM
Bye Bye !!!!!

Don’t worry FrontSeat2 I’m sure they will be back during peak (Nov-Jan). I just hope they aren’t on my city to commute to SDF on. Nothing personal to the pilots of WGA you have been very nice and professional during this illegal SCOPE violation by stUPidS. However the growing pains of your jump seat procedures have caused a lot of heart ache to Brown pilots. It’s a tough pill to swallow when those are routes that should have Brown tails on them and then you miss a trip or a flight home for days off because an O2 mask is MEL’d constantly or they booked you on an AC with only 2 jump seats (loadmaster & MX) instead of three with no notification until you show.

captjns
04-07-2019, 04:41 PM
Donít worry FrontSeat2 Iím sure they will be back during peak (Nov-Jan). I just hope they arenít on my city to commute to SDF on. Nothing personal to the pilots of WGA you have been very nice and professional during this illegal SCOPE violation by stUPidS. However the growing pains of your jump seat procedures have caused a lot of heart ache to Brown pilots. Itís a tough pill to swallow when those are routes that should have Brown tails on them and then you miss a trip or a flight home for days off because an O2 mask is MELíd constantly or they booked you on an AC with only 2 jump seats (loadmaster & MX) instead of three with no notification until you show.

Give me a ďPĒ... give me a ďUĒ... give me a ďTĒ... Give me a ďZĒ... what that spell? Waborita! You though I was going to say PUTZ... however both are interchangeable and shouldnít be entrusted to driving the turdhearse with that attitude.:mad:.

FrontSeat2
04-07-2019, 04:49 PM
Give me a ďPĒ... give me a ďUĒ... give me a ďTĒ... Give me a ďZĒ... what that spell? Waborita! You though I was going to say PUTZ... however both are interchangeable and shouldnít be entrusted to driving the turdhearse with that attitude.:mad:.

What did he say that was wrong?

captjns
04-08-2019, 03:08 AM
What did he say that was wrong?

Was there an ongoing action? That said FrontSeat2, What did Waorbital say that was, in your opinion, appropriate?

UBA727
04-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Was there an ongoing action? That said FrontSeat2, What did Waorbital say that was, in your opinion, appropriate?

Frontseat2 don't bother, its not worth it! Just let this end and move on!

BoilerUP
04-08-2019, 10:00 AM
WGA flying UPS routes, which created difficulties for UPS pilots getting to/from work, is a basic statement of fact and not a knock on WGA pilots.

No UPS pilot will weep when the white MDs disappear from our ramp (at least until Peak); this is another statement of fact and once again NOT a knock on WGA pilots.

Weíve got nothing against you guys, we just donít like you all flying our volume (outside of Peak)...which we recognize wasnít your individual or collective decision but rather a blatant scope violation by OUR employer.

I think the overwhelming majority wish absolutely no ill will toward yíall - we just donít want you doing our flying.

Again - that isnít a knock on you folks there just earning a paycheck...

captjns
04-08-2019, 11:34 AM
WGA flying UPS routes, which created difficulties for UPS pilots getting to/from work, is a basic statement of fact and not a knock on WGA pilots.

No UPS pilot will weep when the white MDs disappear from our ramp (at least until Peak); this is another statement of fact and once again NOT a knock on WGA pilots.

We’ve got nothing against you guys, we just don’t like you all flying our volume (outside of Peak)...which we recognize wasn’t your individual or collective decision but rather a blatant scope violation by OUR employer.

I think the overwhelming majority wish absolutely no ill will toward y’all - we just don’t want you doing our flying.

Again - that isn’t a knock on you folks there just earning a paycheck...

So... no job action taking place at UPS. UPS hired lift from WGA. A problem has been identified. Shouldn’t you guys take this issue up with your MEC? Let them hash out the Scope issues with management.

Now if UPS were parking jets and furloughing, then that’s just not cricket.

BoilerUP
04-08-2019, 11:45 AM
So... no job action taking place at UPS. UPS hired lift from WGA. A problem has been identified. Shouldnít you guys take this issue up with your MEC? Let them hash out the Scope issues with management.

The issue of UPS violating the IPA scope clause has already been affirmed by an arbitrator, with damages for that violation awarded to IPA pilots and a decree that WGA will be off UPS property by 29 June 19.

We can be unhappy you are performing our flying, in violation of our scope clause, while simultaneously understanding the beef isnít with WGA pilots simply doing their jobs but rather our employer who contracted with WGA in the first place.

captjns
04-08-2019, 11:59 AM
The issue of UPS violating the IPA scope clause has already been affirmed by an arbitrator, with damages for that violation awarded to IPA pilots and a decree that WGA will be off UPS property by 29 June 19.

We can be unhappy you are performing our flying, in violation of our scope clause, while simultaneously understanding the beef isnít with WGA pilots simply doing their jobs but rather our employer who contracted with WGA in the first place.

Thanks for the clarification. Itís plain horsesh!t when management violates contracts, and with arrogance to boot.

Busflyer
04-08-2019, 12:07 PM
So... no job action taking place at UPS. UPS hired lift from WGA. A problem has been identified. Shouldnít you guys take this issue up with your MEC? Let them hash out the Scope issues with management.

Now if UPS were parking jets and furloughing, then thatís just not cricket.

Whatís an MEC?

navigatro
04-08-2019, 12:11 PM
Whatís an MEC?

Master executive council, an ALPA term

reservetank
04-10-2019, 12:47 AM
Whatís an MEC?

A group that ensures a forced deduction of your wages whilst assisting the Company in violating a previously negotiated contract.

MedHawk
04-13-2019, 07:25 AM
Has any one received a call back for a second interview yet? asking for a friend...

JohnBurke
04-13-2019, 11:35 AM
Did u try Southern 777? FOs here are leaving for there. More money and time off.

1st year pay for WGA F/O 6,715/mo on a 17 day minimum guarantee. 1st year pay for Southern F/O 4,800/mo. They're really making more money?

777 upgrade advertised at 10 years. Seems a bit of a stretch.

4runner
04-13-2019, 03:14 PM
1st year pay for WGA F/O 6,715/mo on a 17 day minimum guarantee. 1st year pay for Southern F/O 4,800/mo. They're really making more money?

777 upgrade advertised at 10 years. Seems a bit of a stretch.

You get to call yourself a Mad Dog Heavy as well. Job satisfaction is important.

Busflyer
04-15-2019, 04:01 PM
Master executive council, an ALPA term

I know. Itís just that we donít have one. Was being a smart ass in replying to captnjns because he seems to think weíre ALPA.

Moosefire
04-19-2019, 11:14 AM
You get to call yourself a Mad Dog Heavy as well. Job satisfaction is important.

I donít get it. And I fly the MD.

JohnBurke
04-19-2019, 02:23 PM

Does anyone actually do that?

4runner
04-19-2019, 02:40 PM

Youíve never heard of a MD-80 being called a Mad Dog? Have you been flying cargo planes full of stuff out of HK?

Swedish Blender
04-19-2019, 02:44 PM

No. No one says heavy out of HKG or pretty much anywhere outside North America either.

JohnBurke
04-19-2019, 03:16 PM
Youíve never heard of a MD-80 being called a Mad Dog? Have you been flying cargo planes full of stuff out of HK?

WGA flies MD-80's?

4runner
04-19-2019, 03:43 PM
Jesus. You guys are a blast. Can I borrow a Hawaiian shirt?

vroll1800
04-19-2019, 04:07 PM

A Delta pilot told me that they called their MD80 series aircraft Mad Dog and their MD11 aircraft Mighty Dog.;)

BoilerUP
04-19-2019, 04:21 PM
UPS gonna start calling theirs Mostly Domestic

No Land 3
04-20-2019, 03:44 AM
Apparently the allegiant chief pilot used to get snippy if you said "Mad dog" instead of "super 80". Same guy that had to declare a fuel emergency because he didn't check NOTAMS for an airshow?

CactusCrew
04-22-2019, 04:00 PM
UPS gonna start calling theirs Mostly Domestic

We can't afford spare parts and jets scattered around the world. The MD is a priceless commodity. A flying tri-jet is nearly an antique, even if it does have big screens and a magenta line.

With the B747s, we just order a jet and park it as spare. Problem solved.

:):D:D

Ours MDs will soon be spare parts for WGA

mrvmo
04-22-2019, 04:44 PM
We can't afford spare parts and jets scattered around the world. The MD is a priceless commodity. A flying tri-jet is nearly an antique, even if it does have big screens and a magenta line.

With the B747s, we just order a jet and park it as spare. Problem solved.

:):D:D

Ours MDs will soon be spare parts for WGA

Not till at least 2027!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1