Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Can lineholders drop trips?

Bootleg
01-13-2018, 05:44 AM
If so, how far down can you drop?

How "little" can you fly?

Will a cash bonus help (like i'll pay you $1000 to pick up my trip)?

TIA.

Sliceback
01-13-2018, 06:16 AM

F/Aís do that. Pilots donít.

But junior trips are tough to get rid off. Senior turns? They might go in a heartbeat.

PRS Guitars
01-13-2018, 06:25 AM
If so, how far down can you drop?

How "little" can you fly?

Will a cash bonus help (like i'll pay you $1000 to pick up my trip)?

TIA.

You can offer money if you use litesabre, and thatís what itíd probably take to drop a trip as a jr lineholder. $1,000 would probably get it done too. Highest Ive seen offered is $250...

jcountry
01-13-2018, 06:56 AM
1000 would definitely get it done!

Just be sure and pay as agreed.

We had a couple of turds at our regional who would totally welch on folks who did them a solid. No bueno.

(One I am thinking of had a CJO at SWA withdrawn because a victim of his welching knew someone who knew someone.)

sumwherelse
01-13-2018, 10:48 AM
If you use litesabre it has to be paid.

Sliceback
01-13-2018, 01:50 PM
Schooled. Didn't know that Litesabre had the cash for trips option.

sumwherelse
01-13-2018, 03:19 PM
Schooled. Didn't know that Litesabre had the cash for trips option.

Yea I've seen as much as $500 offered before.

kevin_p
01-13-2018, 05:03 PM
I'm a junior LAX 320 lineholder (~65%) and Ive been dropping almost everything except for holiday trips. After clearing my schedule as much as I can, usually I pick up out of base trips in DFW (where I live), but sometimes I rebuild with good LAX trips that appear in open time. I just drop the green trips (if any), post all the red ones to automatically drop if someone else wants them or if they turn green, and then trade the others around as much as possible until something turns green or I can get trips that fit together well enough to minimize my commutes. It's not too hard, but can take a few minutes each day to check what trades are available since it continuously changes.

Thedude
01-13-2018, 05:45 PM
I guess it depends on your base.
In CLT, if you have a trip that touches a weekend it can be very difficult to drop. A 4 day weekend is even hard to trade out of.

(And yes, I have litesabre auto trade setup with all kinds of trades)

aa73
01-13-2018, 06:14 PM
The little known trick is to be available when TTOT opens on the 24th of each month. Within the first hour of trading, the red/green lights are confused and take a while to catch up.

So, what I do is take that first hour and trade as many trips as I can for other trips (doesn’t matter what the other trips look like.) Once the trade goes through, an immediate HISEQ on the new trip usually yields a Green light and it gets dropped. Rinse and repeat for all other trips until you drop to where you want.

However, after around an hour or so, the lights catchup and everything stays red.

Been doing this for months with my NY schedule and rebuilding with out of base make up. I don’t even bother setting up Lite Sabre since I can do trades/drops way faster than it can.

Clint
01-14-2018, 01:15 AM
The ability to drop trips is a moving target run by a plotter that takes inputs on forecast reserve coverage and trips already, or forecasted to be, in open time. This is why trips that touch weekends are tough to drop; even though reserve coverage is higher, they expect additional trips to be called out sick so they lower the value. Itís also why trips may turn green initially when TTOT opens; itís not the lights are ďconfusedĒ, itís that the plotter values allow trips to be dropped right away, then it locks down those numbers as people start dropping trips.

This is what caused the Christmas boondoggle Ė a human input incorrect values to the plotter and it allowed everybody to drop everything until the company caught on and locked down TT to correct the values.

Bootleg
01-15-2018, 05:52 AM
1000 would definitely get it done!

Just be sure and pay as agreed.

We had a couple of turds at our regional who would totally welch on folks who did them a solid. No bueno.

(One I am thinking of had a CJO at SWA withdrawn because a victim of his welching knew someone who knew someone.)

MAN! thats totally wrong! Would it be safe to say that $2000 would seal the deal--cash and carry?

Bootleg
01-15-2018, 05:54 AM
I'm a junior LAX 320 lineholder (~65%) and Ive been dropping almost everything except for holiday trips. After clearing my schedule as much as I can, usually I pick up out of base trips in DFW (where I live), but sometimes I rebuild with good LAX trips that appear in open time. I just drop the green trips (if any), post all the red ones to automatically drop if someone else wants them or if they turn green, and then trade the others around as much as possible until something turns green or I can get trips that fit together well enough to minimize my commutes. It's not too hard, but can take a few minutes each day to check what trades are available since it continuously changes.

Thanks buddy!

Bootleg
01-15-2018, 05:55 AM
This is all for someone who only wants to fly one trip a month.

SheepDogg
01-15-2018, 02:35 PM
The little known trick is ...

And the best way to ensure that little glitch get fixed is to post it on APC! smh

cactusmike
01-16-2018, 08:14 PM
And the best way to ensure that little glitch get fixed is to post it on APC! smh

No way! Itís so hard to lure the FORTRAN troll out of his cave to come up and reprogram something. And it takes forever for the tubes in the Wayback machine to warm up for him to code.

Thereís probably job orders from 1980 still in the queue.

PRS Guitars
01-17-2018, 04:21 AM
The first opening minutes of TTOT are productive for trades because of participation. There are enough pilots making trades that it turns some trips green (if only temporarily). More participants makes it work better. Unfortunately every base is different. In CLT there are a lot of participants and this phenomenon lasts 30 to 45 minutes. In PHL very few and it lasts about 3 minutes (STS), then it’s stagnant for the month:(

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1