Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Fly6785
01-13-2018, 12:46 PM
Hey guys,

Searched through the forums but couldnít find anything in relation to my specific situation. Currently have a first class medical (Airline Pilot) and go back in May to renew. Went to a ENT due to my snoring, not overweight by any means, and I did a at home sleep study. He came back said diagnosed me as having very mild OSA(sleep apnea). Called my AME and he said itís no big deal, just when I come in for my renewal, Iíll need to bring him the reports from the CPAP and the sleep study results and heíd give me a SI medical.
Anyone else dealt with this? I thought I would have to ground myself but he said absolutely not and Iím fine to keep flying as long as Iím compliant with the CPAP. Anyone out there been in this same situation? Feel free to private message me or reply back here.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SonicFlyer
01-13-2018, 03:29 PM
It's a slight pain in the ass, got to keep records and haul the machine around, but other than that, really isn't any big deal. It seems to be fashionable these days for docs to give the apnea diagnosis so it is becoming a lot more commonplace.

chignutsak
01-13-2018, 03:51 PM
Hey guys,

Searched through the forums but couldnít find anything in relation to my specific situation. Currently have a first class medical (Airline Pilot) and go back in May to renew. Went to a ENT due to my snoring, not overweight by any means, and I did a at home sleep study. He came back said diagnosed me as having very mild OSA(sleep apnea). Called my AME and he said itís no big deal, just when I come in for my renewal, Iíll need to bring him the reports from the CPAP and the sleep study results and heíd give me a SI medical.
Anyone else dealt with this? I thought I would have to ground myself but he said absolutely not and Iím fine to keep flying as long as Iím compliant with the CPAP. Anyone out there been in this same situation? Feel free to private message me or reply back here.
Thanks

Does your company use AMAS? If so, get them involved. They provide an independent set of eyes on all your paperwork and are alone well worth your union dues.

Fly6785
01-13-2018, 04:48 PM
Does your company use AMAS? If so, get them involved. They provide an independent set of eyes on all your paperwork and are alone well worth your union dues.

Yeah, I called the doc at AMAS and he gave me conflicting Information compared to my AME. He said it was grounding until I got on the CPAP and had 7 days of therapy... But when I called my AME, he told me it wasnít grounding and heíd take care of all the paperwork when I go in for my first class renewal in a few months, and Iíd just get a SI the day I see him. Thatís why Iím curious to what others have done. Iíve been with this doc for over 10 years, so I trust him and that he knows what heís doing.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1