Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Training Shutdown

JonnyRockets
01-16-2018, 01:43 PM
What's up with training? Been halted for a week now. Is this causing downstream problems with attrition? Any insights?

VIRotate
01-16-2018, 02:23 PM
I have yet to hear anything about training being "shutdown". Seems a little vague. If anything it's probably because we are putting so many guys through at one time. Either way, enjoy your paid time off!

GrassLandings
01-16-2018, 03:36 PM
I heard our main scheduler is on vaca or had to leave for a family emergency within the last week or so. Thats no reason to pause training though. It's a shame we lost Bruce. He was the best.
Other things I can think of is maybe instructor availability/sick instructors, SIM maintenance. Idk. All I know is training scheduling has been a complete joke recently. It's been all jacked up.

mpet
01-16-2018, 04:07 PM
The flow to HAL is in reverse seniority order so that compass can attract new hires. All January and December classes are on their way to initial at Hawaiian as we speak. It's a great time to come to compass

ConfCodeCOOL
01-16-2018, 04:09 PM
Recurrent training is still definitely going on..... I have friends that just did 6 mo and 12 mo. So not sure what you're talking about.

Workless
01-16-2018, 04:48 PM
Multiple weeks off in a row for current upgrade classes.

VIRotate
01-16-2018, 10:15 PM
Multiple weeks off in a row for current upgrade classes.

Must be nice!

PressOff
01-17-2018, 08:59 AM
It's always been a joke. I had 8 weeks off from LOE to IOE for upgrade...nearly 3 years ago.

Pilatipus
01-17-2018, 04:54 PM
A few of us have orientation tomorrow. Ipads and crew badges are not ready yet, im guessing we might get longer than two weeks to do the home study stuff.

BobbyLeeSwagger
01-17-2018, 07:28 PM
A few of us have orientation tomorrow. Ipads and crew badges are not ready yet, im guessing we might get longer than two weeks to do the home study stuff.

I would be more concerned with how you will get home! You need the crew badge to jumpseat back. I assume you did not purchase a ticket back home after orientation(?)

PositveRate
01-17-2018, 07:39 PM

Make them pay you per deim, and a few days extra since those 2 weeks are pro rated...

Fr8Thrust
01-17-2018, 07:46 PM

They should be putting you up in MSP until it gets sorted out.

Pilatipus
01-18-2018, 12:48 PM
I would be more concerned with how you will get home! You need the crew badge to jumpseat back. I assume you did not purchase a ticket back home after orientation(?)

Half the class got their badges. They positive spaced the rest of us home so no complaints there!

BobbyLeeSwagger
01-18-2018, 01:22 PM
Half the class got their badges. They positive spaced the rest of us home so no complaints there!

Ok good! Thanks for the update, and thanks for coming to Compass, we need you guys!

VIRotate
01-18-2018, 01:26 PM
Yep so it seems that if your badges aren't ready, you get positive spaced. Not a bad touch!

Poser765
01-18-2018, 02:42 PM
Yep so it seems that if your badges aren't ready, you get positive spaced. Not a bad touch!no kidding. I'd be pretty ****ed if they just released us for the day with a "thanks, good luck."

VIRotate
01-18-2018, 02:51 PM
no kidding. I'd be pretty ****ed if they just released us for the day with a "thanks, good luck."

I'd pop in next door and start CRJ training at Express Airlines I if they pulled that.

Motoxer66
01-22-2018, 12:01 PM
Iím currently in training and I can confirm a few things.

The head scheduler DID leave for a short time to address a few things outside of work.

The list of available instructors is short. But from my understanding they are training staff at the moment, just seems they need to pass through the proper gates in order to be allowed to teach.

The equipment is holding together as well as it should. Keeping in mind, us students use and abuse it daily.

I hope things iron out soon so we can all start flying a real airplane again, I personally look forward to it.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1