Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Bid flight hours

Big Fred
01-18-2018, 08:06 AM
Gents looking for a little info on about how many flight hours a normal bid line is at Compass. I know they vary, but what is a rough average. Not looking for Res lines just the average fly line. Thanks for the help.

Fred

VIRotate
01-18-2018, 01:23 PM
Gents looking for a little info on about how many flight hours a normal bid line is at Compass. I know they vary, but what is a rough average. Not looking for Res lines just the average fly line. Thanks for the help.

Fred

Well we are playing catch up with FOs right now so expect to fly a lot. I would say average block is around 70-80 hours a month. Some guys near the 100 max if they pick up stuff or bid that way.

GrassLandings
01-18-2018, 04:26 PM
Mid seniority in my base. Last few months have been 14-15 days off depending on 30 or 31 day month. About 50% commutable on both ends (later than 11 am reports, early afternoon or earlier releases), 85ish credit, 80 or so block (a few deadhead in there). Rarely deadhead honestly. Usually it would be the same block/credit value.
I have managed to trade/drop to about 75-low 80s and 16-17 days off as well.

morerightrudder
01-18-2018, 11:41 PM
We're currently short on the FO side, so the min line award is 85 hours. You can trade up or down as desired.