Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Congrats ATI!!!

gumpscheck
01-20-2018, 09:01 AM
Congratulations ATI pilots. By now you should know that your company has become the chosen one by the supreme leader of ATSG. ABX Air is all but a shadow of its former self and soon the light will stop shining on it and the shadow will fade away.

I hope that you will use this newly acquired status responsibly. It is now on your shoulders the responsibility to protect our profession's self esteem and demand a compensation package that is comparable to the other B767 and B757 operators in the airline industry. Do not let ATSG, DHL, and Amazon degrade our profession.

Good luck.

motorclutch
01-20-2018, 09:26 AM
Truly you jest? I don’t think you could find a set of testicles within this group of fine highly appreciative plantation dwellers. Long live the king.

Jason605
01-20-2018, 11:46 AM
I hope that you will use this newly acquired status responsibly. It is now on your shoulders the responsibility to protect our profession's self esteem and demand a compensation package that is comparable to the other B767 and B757 operators in the airline industry. Do not let ATSG, DHL, and Amazon degrade our profession.

Good luck.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to do that.

hackerbyday
01-20-2018, 02:22 PM
Congratulations ATI pilots. By now you should know that your company has become the chosen one by the supreme leader of ATSG. ABX Air is all but a shadow of its former self and soon the light will stop shining on it and the shadow will fade away.

Good luck.

What an assanine statement. Their status. I’ll keep this clean so this will be posted. They know what it is and it isn’t #1. And your going to bow to them. I, and I would bet the majority of us at ABX, will never give up the fight especially to them. So sad you are.

No Land 3
01-20-2018, 04:32 PM
What an assanine statement. Their status. I’ll keep this clean so this will be posted. They know what it is and it isn’t #1. And your going to bow to them. I, and I would bet the majority of us at ABX, will never give up the fight especially to them. So sad you are.

They earned it by crossing that picket line... They knew what they were doing.

hackerbyday
01-20-2018, 04:36 PM
They earned it by crossing that picket line... They knew what they were doing.

Absolutely, volunteered for the overtime pay.

clb2vnav
01-22-2018, 10:18 AM

Good luck.

If I'm still at ATI in a year, you have my permission to thwack me on the head with a skillet. People don't have enough fight in them here, so management will always have the upper hand.

gumpscheck
01-22-2018, 11:45 AM
If I'm still at ATI in a year, you have my permission to thwack me on the head with a skillet. People don't have enough fight in them here, so management will always have the upper hand.

Unfortunately it seems there is a lack of self respect and professional dignity within the ATI pilot group. The whole group has to realize that by fighting to improve the conditions in the industry, their own conditions will improve. They have to quit prostituting themselves just to get airplanes and routes assigned to them.

clb2vnav
01-22-2018, 11:51 AM
Unfortunately it seems there is a lack of self respect and professional dignity within the ATI pilot group. The whole group has to realize that by fighting to improve the conditions in the industry, their own conditions will improve. They have to quit prostituting themselves just to get airplanes and routes assigned to them.

Dilly dilly!

BlueSkies88
01-23-2018, 12:32 PM
It’s a shame that some peers don’t see beyond their needs, ATI pilots would rather take it up the rear and take a pay cut then stand to management for an industry leading contract.

No Land 3
01-23-2018, 05:28 PM

Sounds like Mesa, described perfectly the effects of Stockholm Syndrome. Perhaps you should join 1224 so DW can dictate your next contract for you.

goinaround
01-23-2018, 06:02 PM
Sounds like Mesa, described perfectly the effects of Stockholm Syndrome. Perhaps you should join 1224 so DW can dictate your next contract for you.

You have to see some irony here, no?

No Land 3
01-23-2018, 06:47 PM
You have to see some irony here, no?

Tons of it!

clb2vnav
01-23-2018, 09:08 PM

It's definitely Mesa, but with bigger jets.

CaptainDooley
01-26-2018, 12:08 PM
A lot of the pilots dont have another place to go, so they are not so willing to risk losing their job. There is not much you can do to prevent these corporations from shifting flying around.
Not saying that is,a good reason not to fight for a better contract, but that is where the attitude comes from.

No Land 3
01-26-2018, 07:25 PM
A lot of the pilots dont have another place to go, so they are not so willing to risk losing their job. There is not much you can do to prevent these corporations from shifting flying around.
Not saying that is,a good reason not to fight for a better contract, but that is where the attitude comes from.

That is an unfortunate mindset, and a CEO’s dream come true. Thinking like that is a cancer.

gumpscheck
01-27-2018, 07:33 AM
That is an unfortunate mindset, and a CEO’s dream come true. Thinking like that is a cancer.

I agree with you NoLand. That kind of mindset is not productive to our industry collective progress and it an abusive CEO dream come true.
To CaptD; while what you said is true, we should not hold ourselves hostage because we are afraid to rock the proverbial boat. ATSG’s management is fighting the ABX pilots tooth and nail. To the point that they might be spending more money than the benefit they are receiving in return. They probably think ATSG can survive with just an aircraft leasing company, an MRO, and a limited airline ops. The fact is that without the airlines (specifically ABX) ATSG wouldn’t be where it is today. Also if ATSG decides to close down ABX, they will be in the same position they were before. One airline pilot group pushing for better pay and conditions. This is exactly what ATSG does not want. That is why they are keeping two active airlines even if the cost of operating them doubles.

midnightshuttle
01-31-2018, 02:46 PM
I had some legacy retard tell me “I just dont need more money, Im happy where Im at”

“We work with the company and they will reward us when the time comes”

Punching outta here SOON!

motorclutch
01-31-2018, 04:12 PM
Run away quickly! Too much estrogen in your Legacy captains.

clb2vnav
01-31-2018, 08:31 PM
Such a shame. But it is what it is. I won't be staying around to convince "legacy" people to have more career self-esteem.

wjcandee
01-31-2018, 11:05 PM
There is not much you can do to prevent these corporations from shifting flying around.

Candidly, I hadn't realized that ABX was down to 27 aircraft (and now maybe 25?), while ATI had grown to 24.

Of course, those 9 ABX aircraft that DHL sent to Atlas to operate had nothing to do with ATI, but still.

midnightshuttle
02-01-2018, 04:23 PM
Such a shame. But it is what it is. I won't be staying around to convince "legacy" people to have more career self-esteem.

Exodus coming, most all of Mesa Frieght guys are aggressively looking. Once one gets on and opens the door somewhere the rest will follow.

I know some 13 ++ yr capts that are about to enterview at Delta United and FedEx

everyone is looking who can