Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : 1st Class Medical Question

BillDougy
01-23-2018, 04:27 PM
I have a public intoxication charge (I am 32 and it is my only legal hiccup at all) in June of 17. Class C misdemeanor being stupid on vacation. Do y'all think there will be a "dependency" issue on my 1st class medical?

WhisperJet
01-23-2018, 05:13 PM
I have a public intoxication charge (I am 32 and it is my only legal hiccup at all) in June of 17. Class C misdemeanor being stupid on vacation. Do y'all think there will be a "dependency" issue on my 1st class medical?

Hard to tell. I would contact AOPA and ask their medical people or legal department. A lot will depend on the circumstances. Obviously you know it must be reported to the FAA. Good luck!

BillDougy
01-23-2018, 05:21 PM
Hard to tell. I would contact AOPA and ask their medical people or legal department. A lot will depend on the circumstances. Obviously you know it must be reported to the FAA. Good luck!

Stupid question... I plan on becoming a member but do you need to be a member to call and ask them questions such as this?

JohnBurke
01-23-2018, 07:17 PM

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/career-questions/110332-background-question.html

This one is June 2017, and you had one four years ago as well?

BillDougy
01-23-2018, 08:34 PM
Sorry for the confusion... June 2017 is the only one... it will be your years old when I presumably will have reached the magic 1500 mark

JohnBurke
01-23-2018, 09:08 PM
A public intoxication misdemeanor several years old, isolated? It won't impact your medical or career. Ensure it remains the only mark.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1