Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Beechjet400A

starkutt1
01-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Hey guys what are some pros and cons of the beechjet ?
And also Things to watch out for

Vital Signs
01-24-2018, 06:02 AM
Pros---none

Cons---many

Watch out for your cornhole.

BoilerUP
01-24-2018, 06:08 AM
You canít lift a wing with a spoiler.

Also, theyíve had a propensity to have engines flame out at altitude.

Otherwise - 400As are largely 15-20 year old light jets with no better than average runway, climb, and altitude performance.

Easy jet to fly, not as forgiving as a 500/525 series Citation but it doesnít tend to bite either.

Vital Signs
01-24-2018, 06:24 AM
Think the flameouts were due to getting fuel without the additive(prist) and the fuel feezing at the filter

clubord
01-24-2018, 07:11 AM
Personally thatís the only jet Iíve flown that I never truly felt comfortable in. Like others stated - easy to fly, marginal performance, with little engines known to flame out in the clouds at altitude.

Glad to have that experience behind me.

awacs
01-24-2018, 07:22 AM
The yaw damper. On = truck. Off = whole new ballgame.

8pack
01-24-2018, 07:39 AM
Hey guys what are some pros and cons of the beechjet ?
And also Things to watch out for

Compared to what? What is the mission? Are you buying or just looking at it from a pilotís stand point?

starkutt1
01-24-2018, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=8pack;2510089]Compared to what? What is the mission? Are you buying or just looking at it from a pilotís stand point?[/QUO

Looking from a pilot standpoint

8pack
01-24-2018, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=8pack;2510089]Compared to what? What is the mission? Are you buying or just looking at it from a pilotís stand point?[/QUO

Looking from a pilot standpoint

From a pilot stand point my opinion is, the airplane is a good older airframe that flys well and if the job gets you what you want/need pay/time I wouldnít turn it down bases on the type. The BE-400 has been a very popular charter/corporate airframe for years.

starkutt1
01-24-2018, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=starkutt1;2510503]

From a pilot stand point my opinion is, the airplane is a good older airframe that flys well and if the job gets you what you want/need pay/time I wouldnít turn it down bases on the type. The BE-400 has been a very popular charter/corporate airframe for years.

Thanks for the prompt response

Mox Nix
01-24-2018, 09:19 PM
Does ok with 2-4 pax on a 2-2.5 hour leg. Fill 6 or 7 seats and youíll have less range and may also run out of space in the cargo compartment if theyíre all bringing luggage. Usually does ok with 5000 ft of runway (but may need more if itís wet). High/hot is not good. In Denver we start getting weight limited above 18*C, just for basic AFM engine-out climb. Add non-standard climb gradients or Special Departure Procedures for terrain (Aspen, Eagle) and itís even worse. But...for small pax loads and short legs to decent sized runways, itís a nice little jet.

sinsilvia666
01-25-2018, 09:20 PM
She is a tough built bird, fun to fly, dependable, some quirks but all planes do. She is a momentum plane, at altitude shallow climbs will keep u at redline speed. Best turbulence handler Iíve flown yet

starkutt1
01-26-2018, 10:00 AM
She is a tough built bird, fun to fly, dependable, some quirks but all planes do. She is a momentum plane, at altitude shallow climbs will keep u at redline speed. Best turbulence handler Iíve flown yet

Thanks buddy fly safe

starkutt1
01-26-2018, 10:00 AM
Does ok with 2-4 pax on a 2-2.5 hour leg. Fill 6 or 7 seats and youíll have less range and may also run out of space in the cargo compartment if theyíre all bringing luggage. Usually does ok with 5000 ft of runway (but may need more if itís wet). High/hot is not good. In Denver we start getting weight limited above 18*C, just for basic AFM engine-out climb. Add non-standard climb gradients or Special Departure Procedures for terrain (Aspen, Eagle) and itís even worse. But...for small pax loads and short legs to decent sized runways, itís a nice little jet.

Thanks for the info Iím looking forward to flying her soon