Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Interview

pacificapt
01-24-2018, 03:19 PM
By any chance does Envoy do interviews over Skype? I'm working for a Part 135 operator in a group of small islands in the pacific the Northern Marianas Islands (US Territory) and makes it somewhat difficult to attend an in-house interview. I'm about 1300nm southeast of Japan.

Any input would be appreciated.

wiz5422
01-24-2018, 03:50 PM
Will there's a will there's a way........

Wouldn't hurt to call recruitment and ask.

P.M. me your contact info and I can run it up to them tomorrow since I will be in the school house .

1704LIFE
01-24-2018, 06:30 PM
and list this good man as your reference

AZPilotMike
01-25-2018, 10:00 AM
Any particular reason to come here? Flownfor new hires is at 9íyears now and our pay is no longer even close to industry leading. In addition our schedules suck and we have no duty rigs. I could go on and on, but those are some of the biggies.

Just saying, there are better places to go.

Pat2389
01-25-2018, 10:18 AM
Any particular reason to come here? Flownfor new hires is at 9íyears now and our pay is no longer even close to industry leading. In addition our schedules suck and we have no duty rigs. I could go on and on, but those are some of the biggies.

Just saying, there are better places to go.

This pretty much covers it. I think the regionals will lose a lot of guys to Spirit with their new deal. Whether guys leaving or potential new hires. Now that flow is up to 9-10 years why wouldnít you go to Spirit and keep your apps updated for the legacy carriers?

AZPilotMike
01-25-2018, 01:14 PM
This pretty much covers it. I think the regionals will lose a lot of guys to Spirit with their new deal. Whether guys leaving or potential new hires. Now that flow is up to 9-10 years why wouldnít you go to Spirit and keep your apps updated for the legacy carriers?

If you donít have one foot out the door right now working for Envoy you are doing something wrong. Aside from a lateral move and even in some cases them, any move would be an improvement.

bigtime209
01-25-2018, 08:30 PM
If you donít have one foot out the door right now working for Envoy you are doing something wrong. Aside from a lateral move and even in some cases them, any move would be an improvement.

Do you have one foot out the door too?

pacificapt
01-26-2018, 12:34 AM

So at this point It's not worth it going to Envoy?

Is the flow really 9-10 years at this point?

BIueSideUp
01-26-2018, 01:41 AM

It sure is, and going up. They keep hiring good numbers and are even set to start capping it, but theyíll always meter the flow to the bare (fishy/is-that-legal) minimum. Donít chase flow. Itís not worth it.

AZPilotMike
01-26-2018, 02:37 AM

I would go somewhere else if you can. They are actively breaking the agreement by metering, reserve sucks, pay isnít close to industry leading anymore, QOL and scheduling are bad. In addition you can look forward to long reserves and 14 hour 4 days as icing on the cake.

GodIsGood
01-26-2018, 03:25 AM
I would go somewhere else if you can. They are actively breaking the agreement by metering, reserve sucks, pay isnít close to industry leading anymore, QOL and scheduling are bad. In addition you can look forward to long reserves and 14 hour 4 days as icing on the cake.

Reserve always sucks, but you will hold a line in what, 3 months? Suck it up butter cup. And our pay is pretty good for a regional. Remember, it's a regional. Ya, go to Spirit and try to get to a legacy that way but you have no better chance at AA going to places like Spirit than you do at Envoy.

ag386
01-26-2018, 03:47 AM
Reserve always sucks, but you will hold a line in what, 3 months? Suck it up butter cup. And our pay is pretty good for a regional. Remember, it's a regional. Ya, go to Spirit and try to get to a legacy that way but you have no better chance at AA going to places like Spirit than you do at Envoy.

With a 9 year flow you have the same chance or better at a legacy than by going to Envoy. At least if you got stuck at Spirit, you'll make 100k plus on guarantee alone on Spirit 2nd year FO pay. And the pay just goes up from there.

With the horrendous, slave like working conditions at Envoy, why would you not go to Spirit?

Skip0927
01-26-2018, 04:22 AM
With the horrendous, slave like working conditions at Envoy, why would you not go to Spirit?

This^^^^^^^^^^^

AZPilotMike
01-26-2018, 04:58 AM
Butter cup? Suck it up? What constructive feedback. Reserve is not 3 months on all aircraft in al bases so your statement is no more true.

Reserve is better at other places, I never said it didnít still suck. However you can minimize the suck depending on which rules you operate under. Ours suck.

Aa for regional pay, well that is all relative. For a long time Envoy has nearly the lowest pay and they held onto that pay structure until recruiting took a dive. Once that happened suddenly pay goes up. Our pay used to be good but now when compared to companies like Endevor it sucks.

Why are you so eager to support the company while at the same time trashing a fellow pilot that is trying to raise the bar for us all?

Flow at 9 years currently is about the slowest path you can take to mainline in this market. 5 years ago I would agree but I happen to feel that mainline companies will be taking guys from any area they can in the coming years. Your thinking is old and out dated.

Sorry I hurt your feelings butter cup.

flysooner9
01-26-2018, 05:08 AM
Just keep in mind the people on this forum are the top 1% of the most unhappy people at the company. I know lots of people there and they are all happy enough for a regional. Plus theyíre still pulling in huge classes.

AZPilotMike
01-26-2018, 05:13 AM
Just keep in mind the people on this forum are the top 1% of the most unhappy people at the company. I know lots of people there and they are all happy enough for a regional. Plus theyíre still pulling in huge classes.

I would partially agree with this except that I am simply repeating what I am hearing more often out on the line.

If they stop metering the flow, which honestly I think is the biggest issue and bring our pay up, the complaining would stop. Metering the flow is the biggest concern by far because they are using that as a selling point.

Jump the flow is being discussed far more often in the cockpits, even jumpseating on mainline flights then it is even in this forum.

ag386
01-26-2018, 05:16 AM

Do you know this to be a fact? Why don't you just apply and come back to Envoy then later this summer instead of wasting everyone's time kicking the tires over in the Spirit forum?

inevitableneb
01-26-2018, 05:17 AM

There has been a pretty serious moral dive over the last 4-5 months

CaptJackSparrow
01-26-2018, 05:32 AM

That's not true at all. Just about every topic posted on here lately is a conversation that has come up on the line consistently without me instigating it.

Ever since the flow essentially shut down in September morale has taken a nose dive. Add in the mix the EDV contract, high value aviator program, company giving the pilots the middle finger on reserve changes, crap schedules still, and forced upgrades/displacements...well think about it, what positives changes have been brought forth to the pilots here lately? NONE! The only positive changes have been directed at getting people here on property. Nothing more, nothing less. Kinda sad when you think about it.

On a side note I see the cheerleaders in management are coming back out from their hole. Wonder if hiring is taking a hit.

AZPilotMike
01-26-2018, 05:46 AM
That's not true at all. Just about every topic posted on here lately is a conversation that has come up on the line consistently without me instigating it.

Ever since the flow essentially shut down in September morale has taken a nose dive. Add in the mix the EDV contract, high value aviator program, company giving the pilots the middle finger on reserve changes, crap schedules still, and forced upgrades/displacements...well think about it, what positives changes have been brought forth to the pilots here lately? NONE! The only positive changes have been directed at getting people here on property. Nothing more, nothing less. Kinda sad when you think about it.

On a side note I see the cheerleaders in management are coming back out from their hole. Wonder if hiring is taking a hit.

Agreed on all points. In addition a lot of people visit and read these forums and never post so Iím not sure where the 1% number came from. Management may be lurking.

DanRoman
01-26-2018, 05:51 AM

Canít argue with any of that.

cr700
01-26-2018, 10:56 AM
With a 9 year flow you have the same chance or better at a legacy than by going to Envoy. At least if you got stuck at Spirit, you'll make 100k plus on guarantee alone on Spirit 2nd year FO pay. And the pay just goes up from there.

Since you were fired, you don't even work here which qualifies you for ZERO opinion. I think you are just jealous of the flow and that many young guys here will be waving to you in your junky MD80 from their AA cockpit when they pass you on the taxiway.

Your chance of getting hired at a major now. ZERO as well.

DilsonWic
01-26-2018, 11:11 AM
Since you were fired, you don't even work here which qualifies you for ZERO opinion. I think you are just jealous of the flow and that many young guys here will be waving to you in your junky MD80 from their AA cockpit when they pass you on the taxiway.

Can you prove his identity and that he was fired?

AZPilotMike
01-26-2018, 11:13 AM

You are either nuts or a troll. Spirit doesnít even operate the md80 and with a 9-10 year flow someone going to spirit now would have a ton more pic and money in their pocket. There is no eveidence that going to Spirit will inhibit your hiring at a mainline. Hell for some going lcc is their preference due to QOL/base/seniority etc.

Nice try though. Stop spreading misinformation.

Virga show
01-26-2018, 11:35 AM
I heard from a interviewee yesterday being told that a displaced captain will have a hotel room in new base and be treated like a TDY except for per diem. Is any of this information correct? Thanks

Sheg0theD
01-26-2018, 12:00 PM
I heard from a interviewee yesterday being told that a displaced captain will have a hotel room in new base and be treated like a TDY except for per diem. Is any of this information correct? Thanks

If so I would love to know... Iím one of those, I have yet to here this from the company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AeroEnvoy
01-26-2018, 12:30 PM
If so I would love to know... Iím one of those, I have yet to here this from the company.

If a displacement is occurring elsewhere in the system, a pilot who is either voluntarily or involuntarily displaced into the new/expanded domicile will receive TDY per diem, hotels, and A12 travel for up to 9 months or until that pilot bids for and assumes a new status.

I don't know if this is what he was referring to but this is from the new domicile LOA.

AeroEnvoy
01-26-2018, 12:35 PM

If a displacement is occurring elsewhere in the system, a pilot who is either voluntarily or involuntarily displaced into the new/expanded domicile will receive TDY per diem, hotels, and A12 travel for up to 9 months or until that pilot bids for and assumes a new status.

This is from the new domicile LOA. Maybe this is applicable in this situation.

ag386
01-26-2018, 12:46 PM

Doesn't take much for the recruiters to come out of the woodwork and start attacking if anyone mentions anything wrong with Envoy. Like someone above said, your strategy is outdated. You guys need to get with the times if you are going to defend Envoy this year and next.

By the way, I'm not on the 80 but the Bus. Not Spirit but Allegiant. And left seat living in base. If you have personal info on my "firing" please share. I'm open for you to spill the beans if you think you've got something. I've repeatedly said that I resigned in good standing and could return to Envoy today should I choose to apply.

450knotOffice
01-26-2018, 01:03 PM

I used to think you were management. Maybe even RN. However, RN would never make such a stupid statement.

The WHOLE thing is juvenile and ridiculous.

Virga show
01-26-2018, 02:01 PM

Iím checking with ALPA to see if there is any factual evidence that this exists. If they are giving us hotels and treated like TDY except per diem then we need to A1 to work and A7 home.

Sheg0theD
01-26-2018, 02:03 PM
Iím checking with ALPA to see if there is any factual evidence that this exists. If they are giving us hotels and treated like TDY except per diem then we need to A1 to work and A7 home.

That would be great, please share what you find out. I have sent an email to them as well!

Pedro4President
01-26-2018, 02:06 PM

Nope. This is not true. They lied to him. There are no contract provisions or LOAs addressing it.

However, I agree this should happen. Will it happen? I can only hope.

Pedro4President
01-26-2018, 02:10 PM

I haven't been fired and I agree with him on that statement. There are better options right now than going to Envoy. It's obvious that one should choose pay and QOL now over flow that will happen more than 6 years from now.

ORDinary
01-26-2018, 05:29 PM

Our pay is not pretty good for a regional, not any more. The world has changed.

And for anyone considering coming to work at envoy, "suck it up butter cup" sums up management's attitude to its pilots in many ways, and has for years.

Virga show
01-26-2018, 07:37 PM
Nope. This is not true. They lied to him. There are no contract provisions or LOAs addressing it.

However, I agree this should happen. Will it happen? I can only hope.

Got a email back from ALPA. Not going to happen with the hotels.

DanRoman
01-26-2018, 07:38 PM
Got a email back from ALPA. Not going to happen with the hotels.

So close....yet so far

1704LIFE
01-29-2018, 03:43 PM
So I heard somebody got fired!

HoustonPilot
01-29-2018, 04:08 PM
So I heard somebody got fired!

In regards to?