Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : $1.15 billion profit in 2017

BeatNavy
01-25-2018, 02:25 PM
AND STILL NO PILOT CONTRACT!!!!Throw in a pay cut via our ridiculously revamped (read reduced) profit sharing and loss against inflation, while every other pilot group in (and out) of our peer set is getting raises. And $1.25 bil in stock buybacks.

Why do people go above and beyond with extra work, for less? How can anyone not be wearing a lanyard at this point? Southerner? “Just happy to be here!” “Best job I’ve ever had!” “Love the culture!” FUPM.

My cost is going up every day. FUPM.

capt707
01-25-2018, 04:00 PM
I bet this weeks negotation update will add some more fuel to the fire!

Enjoy!

Combatcraig
01-25-2018, 05:00 PM
Burn, baby burn! The good will tank is EMPTY!

rvr1800
01-25-2018, 06:13 PM
This is actually more about our management squandering a ton of profit than it is the change in the formula. Someone on bluepilots did the math and we actually made more with the 8% raise and new formula than we would’ve with no raise and using the old profit sharing formula. It’s very concerning.

Bluedriver
01-26-2018, 04:58 AM
This is actually more about our management squandering a ton of profit than it is the change in the formula. Someone on bluepilots did the math and we actually made more with the 8% raise and new formula than we would’ve with no raise and using the old profit sharing formula. It’s very concerning.

When they changed the formula, they didn't know there would be a massive hurricane or that we would run such a poor operation. They we're not expecting us to do better under the new formula, it just happened because we were much less profitable than forecast.

BlueBus
01-26-2018, 06:55 AM
When they changed the formula, they didn't know there would be a massive hurricane or that we would run such a poor operation. They we're not expecting us to do better under the new formula, it just happened because we were much less profitable than forecast.

We have been running a poor operation for almost two decades... You think they didn't plan for that?

Bluedriver
01-26-2018, 08:02 AM
We have been running a poor operation for almost two decades... You think they didn't plan for that?

YES! I do NOT think they planned for that! Amazing, I know!