Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Live in Chicago

iflyalot
01-25-2018, 05:38 PM
Thinking about applying to JB. Trying to get an idea how the commute would be?

GuardBummer
01-25-2018, 05:49 PM
Easy commute. A bunch of 737s on United and American. I prefer them over JB anyway. No one there gets ****ed when I donít dumpster dive after arrival.

capt707
01-25-2018, 05:53 PM

You should look at American, United and Southwest, they all have bases there. Don't waste your time with JB!

nuball5
01-25-2018, 06:22 PM
You should look at American, United and Southwest, they all have bases there. Don't waste your time with JB!

Spirit's AIP pays more too. Also with an ORD base.

BeatNavy
01-25-2018, 06:26 PM

Why would you think about applying to this dumpster fire? Just curious.

atrdriver
01-25-2018, 07:25 PM

A lot of guys come to BOS from there. Most of them I know have their apps in at the big 4.

Why would you think about applying to this dumpster fire? Just curious.

Thinking the same thing.

N311JB
01-26-2018, 07:00 AM
Easy commute. A bunch of 737s on United and American. I prefer them over JB anyway. No one there gets ****ed when I donít dumpster dive after arrival.

11 years on the commute. Piece of cake except for JFK being JFK. You got 3 every hour in Delta AA UAL plus a couple of Spirits. I literally donít even look at schedules or loads. I just show up to ORD or LGA. Always get on. Iíve never been bumped by another pilot. Always go for UAL with the 320 2 jumps. I like delta too cause JFK and LGA are right next to each other in the E gates. Watch out for Saturday cause the schedules reduce significantly and RJs MDW is the ace up the sleeve. Only leaving NY though. Youíll back yourself in corner if you go out of MDW. Iíd say itís the easiest commute in the country. I even bought tix around the holidays cause theyíre so cheap. $70.
But nothing is easy commuting to NY with a cloud in the sky. I say that after I diverted 3 times this summer on my commute and OOPsed

N311JB
01-26-2018, 07:04 AM
Oh and food for thought too. I donít commute on B6 either. I get treated way better on the other outfits. Weíre too unreliable and in honesty Iím embarrassed to work for this place. I wonít even wear my uniform anymore except when Iím at work. Itís that bad. Like the others. Go somewhere else if you can. Itís just a regional with bigger planes.