Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Bluedriver
01-26-2018, 09:22 AM
New negotiating update, still offered less than Alaska, and even that is contingent on us giving them concessions in scheduling!

For those that thought this session would be a turning point, WRONG AGAIN!

Where are the Juiceboxes?????

seekingblue
01-26-2018, 09:42 AM
FUPM.
FUPM.
FUPM.

And.....
1)fly standard.
2) wear your laynard.
3) follow guidance from the union, the CP's, and the FCOM on how to operate the aircraft.

atrdriver
01-26-2018, 11:24 AM
JetBlue thinks we should be paid less than the pilot group they were trying to buy recently.

Let that sink in.

PasserOGas
01-26-2018, 01:43 PM
FUPM

Can we get a strike vote going? How long are we going to let them $hit on us?

Bozo the pilot
01-26-2018, 08:46 PM
FUPM

Can we get a strike vote going? How long are we going to let them $hit on us?

Strike vote is right. Save your money guys- 6 months of mortgage/bills.
Do it!

Combatcraig
01-26-2018, 11:44 PM
New negotiating update, still offered less than Alaska, and even that is contingent on us giving them concessions in scheduling!

For those that thought this session would be a turning point, WRONG AGAIN!

Where are the Juiceboxes?????

“concessions in scheduling“? Wtf EXACTLY is that? As a jr lineholder I get all the 3 day/10hr redeyes I can take! If I bid RSV I get an occasional weekend day off and only 12 days off a month! Maybe I oughta go back to Afghanistan! WAY Better $ and HONEST PATRIOTIC leaders that genuinely give a **** about you and value your skills. Here? Not so much...

P-3Bubba
01-27-2018, 04:30 AM
Managements response at this juncture in the negotiation was reckless. It shows their lack of command for the situation and that THEY have allowed it to develop. Before earnings and before the wizard behind the profit sharing calculator curtain was revealed management still had the ability to get a below market rate deal. But their hubris in seeing themselves as the protector and all knowing prevailed.

They should have said nothing. Waitied until the Feb negotiations and made a market rate deal.

Recently, I was called out on RSV. The difference between the report time and takeoff time was less than a hour. I reported to the crew room at report time and checked in. I showed to the gate after I completed my pre-flight administrative duties in the allotted time. When I arrived at the gate the jet was boarded and AO was staring at me. I explained that what was going to happen next would be in accordance with the FOM and FCOM. That’s what we have to do. Follow the MEC guidanc. Fly SOP.

-Bubs

Bilbo T Baggins
01-27-2018, 06:18 AM
JetBlue thinks we should be paid less than the pilot group they were trying to buy recently.

Let that sink in.

Exactly! Everybody, let that sink in. Read that sentence one more time. Annnnnddddd that was contingent upon the scheduling concessions! What a slap in the face! Their relentless emails for extra coverage, emails about culture, blah blah blah!

See ya Jan 31!

Until I get a call for a real airline..... FUPM!

Gordie H
01-27-2018, 08:23 AM
“concessions in scheduling“? Wtf EXACTLY is that? As a jr lineholder I get all the 3 day/10hr redeyes I can take! If I bid RSV I get an occasional weekend day off and only 12 days off a month! Maybe I oughta go back to Afghanistan! WAY Better $ and HONEST PATRIOTIC leaders that genuinely give a **** about you and value your skills. Here? Not so much...

Dude, respectfully, maybe step away from the keyboard for a while? I do understand the disappointment / seriousness with not having a contract yet but comparing this situation with ANYTHING Afghanistan is just straight up F’ing dumb. Unless you're one of those very few weirdos I’ve met who actually kinda liked places like that…which I doubt you are.

Now, if you’re on the scotch and posting, then – respect – and carry on. Hope to see you in a few days….

Combatcraig
01-27-2018, 09:14 AM
Dude, respectfully, maybe step away from the keyboard for a while? I do understand the disappointment / seriousness with not having a contract yet but comparing this situation with ANYTHING Afghanistan is just straight up F’ing dumb. Unless you're one of those very few weirdos I’ve met who actually kinda liked places like that…which I doubt you are.

Now, if you’re on the scotch and posting, then – respect – and carry on. Hope to see you in a few days….

LMAO-It was Vodka fueled!

Gordie H
01-27-2018, 10:27 AM

I knew it!! And my apologies ;)

HighFlight
01-27-2018, 01:49 PM
Vanilla vodka and Squirt. Just sayin’ you oughta try it if you haven’t yet.

Beechnut
01-27-2018, 02:18 PM
Vanilla vodka and Squirt. Just sayin’ you oughta try it if you haven’t yet.

What is it, your period?

slimothy
01-27-2018, 02:33 PM
What is it, your period?

“Clear liquors are for women on a diet.”
-Ron Swanson

HighFlight
01-27-2018, 02:45 PM
No, but I hate having to mix two different drinks. And since your GF likes vanilla vodka and Squirt...

What is it, your period?