Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Mountain Air Cargo Part Timers

HazBumper
01-26-2018, 09:25 AM
From Management:
Mountain Air Cargo, Inc. is now offering part time flight crew opportunities in both the C208 and ATR fleets. Part time flight crews can expect the following:
• Maximum obligation of 2 weeks/month
• Paid 100% of regular pay scale; prorated for weeks flown
• ½ time payout on paid holidays
• Any extra week flown above the minimum is paid at current rate
• CASS/KCM
• No company benefits; health, dental, 401K, disability etc.
• No PTO or vacation for “Part Timers”

It looks like they're getting pretty desperate. I like the flexablity though.

maxjet
01-30-2018, 05:34 AM
From Management:
Mountain Air Cargo, Inc. is now offering part time flight crew opportunities in both the C208 and ATR fleets. Part time flight crews can expect the following:
• Maximum obligation of 2 weeks/month
• Paid 100% of regular pay scale; prorated for weeks flown
• ½ time payout on paid holidays
• Any extra week flown above the minimum is paid at current rate
• CASS/KCM
• No company benefits; health, dental, 401K, disability etc.
• No PTO or vacation for “Part Timers”

It looks like they're getting pretty desperate. I like the flexablity though.

Hmmmm. If they still have that opportunity in a couple of years and the full time pilots don’t object, I might be interested in that upon retirement. I miss flying turboprops and getting to fly everyday.

StartUp161WanaB
01-30-2018, 07:51 AM
Why would the FT pilot object?

bobtail
01-30-2018, 08:15 AM
Any Caravan runs that are day time only? I would love to do this part time as a retirement gig someplace warm, same run everyday sounds like bisquites and gravy.

StartUp161WanaB
01-30-2018, 02:15 PM
Key west has a run but good luck
The guy has been doing it for a long time I heard

districtpilot
02-08-2018, 01:44 PM
Yes but we also have instituted a home basing system where you can live anywhere in the eastern or central time zone so I think you could combine that with the part time work.

Fallingwthstyl
02-16-2018, 07:40 AM
Hi All!

I emailed in a resume about a week ago to HR after calling in to inquire about part time positions. Any information on how long it takes HR to get back to applicants, or how much time I should wait to follow up on my resume?

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you!

baselegbob1
02-17-2018, 08:19 PM
Hi All!

I emailed in a resume about a week ago to HR after calling in to inquire about part time positions. Any information on how long it takes HR to get back to applicants, or how much time I should wait to follow up on my resume?

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you!

PM sent...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armypilot
02-20-2018, 03:44 PM
I just looked at the MAC careers page and there is an ATR position open Dallas. I think I meet the PIC requirements and am interested in learning about the QOL and typical schedule. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
AP

Busdrivr
02-20-2018, 04:25 PM
I'd like to fly the ATR part-time after I retire. I'd have a fighting chance of making it to a hospital if I keeled over in the airplane.

awacs
02-26-2018, 11:05 AM
Anyone get on as a part timer?

Thanks,

Awacs

Smax
03-07-2018, 01:31 PM
This looks interesting. Any updates on this? I'm currently flying a 208 for another FEDEX operator but am interested flying part time.

jtbost
03-07-2018, 02:41 PM
Anyone get on as a part timer?

Thanks,

Awacs

I'm starting March 12th as a part timer. Anyone feel free to send me a PM.

awacs
03-07-2018, 04:58 PM
Jtbost,

PM sent

Awacs

LiftVector
07-03-2018, 05:12 AM
I see the maximum is two weeks a month, anyone know if there is a minimum? Do the part timers get flexibility in their schedule? Also, is there anything that says a part-timer can't fly part 135 or other commercial outside of MAC?

I am trying to stay close to home. I am fine with staying a CFI for a while to be close to home but under the right conditions PT cargo would be appealing. I live within driving distance to a MAC base. Two weeks a month would be fine if I drive to the base every day but if its the type of thing where they send you somewhere to stay in a hotel for the week, I probably could only do one week a month.

jtbost
07-04-2018, 05:00 AM
PM me Lifevector if you want info. I'm a part timer. Jeff

KA350Driver
07-05-2018, 05:09 PM
PM sent jt

GregSa
09-14-2018, 03:25 PM
I'm starting March 12th as a part timer. Anyone feel free to send me a PM.

I know this thread is a bit old but I sent a PM to you jtbost anyway. Thanks in advance for your help.

Docskoli
10-28-2018, 06:05 AM
Would like to hear more as well.