Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

in2deep
01-31-2018, 04:47 AM
I just finished a boat load of CBTs which, going into, I hoped to learn a lot more than I actually did. What I found however was a monotonous overcomplication of the most simple systems that couldn’t even hold the attention of a kid on a whole bottle of adderal.

Im headed back to ground school for systems lectures and hoping that will help. In the mean time and for down time, what helped you get a hold on systems?

Thanks!

Bucknut
01-31-2018, 06:16 AM
Get in front of a flightdeck poster or mock-up and ask yourself what happens when I push this button and the associated limitations if any with respective system. It is a more practical approach.

DiveAndDrive
01-31-2018, 12:19 PM
I had a captain suggest to me read ASAP/NTSB reports for your aircraft.

JohnBurke
01-31-2018, 02:16 PM
3X5 flashcards. They still work.

Grab a stack at Walmart, make your own. Make thousands.

they're handy when it comes time for recurrent, too.

Tailhook85
01-31-2018, 05:52 PM
3X5 flashcards. They still work.

Grab a stack at Walmart, make your own. Make thousands.

they're handy when it comes time for recurrent, too.

Second on flash cards. There is also a flash card app called Brainscape which is useful. It gives you access to card decks created by other users on the same subjects. You just need to check their accuracy.

in2deep
02-01-2018, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys.

Ive mainly been going through a study guide and finding the answers in the aircraft manual combined with quizlet

PerfInit
05-15-2018, 05:49 PM
Read the QRH Emergency and Abnormal checklists. If you don’t understand the “why” behind a certain step, that is a good question for systems knowledge correlation and “deeper diving”...

rickair7777
05-16-2018, 06:00 AM
There are online flash-card systems which are easier to manage and update than paper cards.

Most likely someone from your airline already made up a good set of those. Quizlet , Brainscape are two.