Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : "EMS" paper work simplification?

grumman41
02-02-2018, 04:01 AM
I don't currently fly "EMS" but has a friend who does and I may be heading that way. They are always complaining about the duplicate paperwork, lack of a quick way to due weight and balance on Ipad, ect.

I realize the rules may vary do to approved ops specs but is there a better way to do this? Is it lengthy to get approved?

This is pt 135 ops.

PerfInit
02-02-2018, 06:18 AM
The company could do EFB (ipad) and electronic recordkeeping along with electronic W&B if they apply for and be granted the necessary OpPsecs. Everything you ever wanted to know is in FSIMS FAA Order
8900.1, Volume 3, Chapter 18 and associated Advisory Circulars. Timing depends on how robust the operatorís program and documenation is, and how busy the FSDO is to review and approve.

grumman41
02-02-2018, 12:20 PM
Thanks, Ill do some research on that order.

Hawaii808
02-12-2018, 04:09 AM
I don't currently fly "EMS" but has a friend who does and I may be heading that way. They are always complaining about the duplicate paperwork, lack of a quick way to due weight and balance on Ipad, ect.

I realize the rules may vary do to approved ops specs but is there a better way to do this? Is it lengthy to get approved?

This is pt 135 ops.

Thereís an app for that. When I flew EMS we eventually moved to a W&B app and then got approval to save the document to the iPad and email one to our dispatch for the duplicate compliance.