Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Kalitta after Connie dies

Lugar
02-07-2018, 11:48 AM
Iím considering putting in my app. Once Connie does, is there any reason to believe that the airline wouldnít continue to run?

CargoPirate
02-07-2018, 12:17 PM
Iím considering putting in my app. Once Connie does, is there any reason to believe that the airline wouldnít continue to run?

Connie is a tough old bastard. He has many years left.

But when the time comes....I am sure has a plan of succession. He sure as hell doesn't want his legacy marred by a failed airline.

Connie maybe a SOB, but he is not stupid like Del Smith!

Put your app in ASAP!

jhugz
02-07-2018, 12:20 PM

Really doesn't need its own thread...but here goes...

The answer to your question is we have no idea...if anyone tells you different they're just speaking out of their rear-end.

Some say their's a five year plan in place where the company can't be sold...Some say Doug's going to run it for at least a while...some say it will be sold to Atlas...

It's aviation man...no one knows what tomorrow is going to bring...I can give you a list of places that no one wanted to go to, that are now career places. I can also give you a list of places that were supposedly rock solid and then went Tango Uniform.

Always keep your resume updated...always have a strike/savings/job search account...buckle up...and enjoy the ride...

Lugar
02-07-2018, 12:25 PM
Thanks. I have about $350k in my 401k, so if the $hit hits the fan, Iíve got some reserve (that I donít want to touch).

Overall, Kalitta really appeals to me. Iím in a corporate job right now that pays $200k per year, but when the owner dies, itís done. Not sure that I want to go to another job thatís no different.

Really doesn't need its own thread...but here goes...

The answer to your question is we have no idea...if anyone tells you different they're just speaking out of their rear-end.

Some say their's a five year plan in place where the company can't be sold...Some say Doug's going to run it for at least a while...some say it will be sold to Atlas...

It's aviation man...no one knows what tomorrow is going to bring...I can give you a list of places that no one wanted to go to, that are now career places. I can also give you a list of places that were supposedly rock solid and then went Tango Uniform.

Always keep your resume updated...always have a strike/savings/job search account...buckle up...and enjoy the ride...

Lugar
02-07-2018, 12:27 PM
For what itís worth, Ned Wallace referred me years ago and personally told Connie to hire me if I ever knock on his door.

Locke
02-07-2018, 12:52 PM
For what itís worth, Ned Wallace referred me years ago and personally told Connie to hire me if I ever knock on his door.

Nice name drop. I wouldnít be looking for ďspecialĒ treatment.

Honestly No one knows what is in store next week let alone years from now. Doug will take over and we will all see what happens.

Lugar
02-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Nice name drop. I wouldnít be looking for ďspecialĒ treatment.

Honestly No one knows what is in store next week let alone years from now. Doug will take over and we will all see what happens.

Honest question, whatís wrong with using a referral? Especially a referral from someone who helped Connie get off the ground.

Otterbox
02-07-2018, 01:04 PM

Ah that explains why youíre looking at Kalitta... maybe itíll be the easy ďinĒ youíre hoping for, maybe not the way the industry changes. Put your app in and see how it goes... Iíve seen several ďgauranteed inísĒ including one of my own end up with TBNT because things and people change within an organization between the ďinĒ was offered and the time of execution.

Moral of the story: donít believe youíve got an ďinĒ until youíve got a CJO in writing. You can start more seriously debating about leaving your current job after youíve got options.

Locke
02-07-2018, 02:08 PM
Honest question, whatís wrong with using a referral? Especially a referral from someone who helped Connie get off the ground.

Absolutely nothing, but that isnít what youíre doing. You came on a public forum, said I make X a year, have X in the bank, and am best buds with Celebrity X. Clearly I am overqualified for this position.

What do you think is going to happen if you walk into training or the interview with that stance?

Lugar
02-07-2018, 03:36 PM
Absolutely nothing, but that isnít what youíre doing. You came on a public forum, said I make X a year, have X in the bank, and am best buds with Celebrity X. Clearly I am overqualified for this position.

What do you think is going to happen if you walk into training or the interview with that stance?

Overqualified? Youíre mightily confused. I have zero 121 time. Iím strictly from a Part 91 background. I MAY be overqualified for the regionals because of my total time, turbine PIC, etc. but for a major airline, or a cargo outfit flying 747ís, Iím most certainly not overqualified.

My current salary, or my 401k balance (which isnít the same as money in the bank, btw) doesnít have a damn thing to do with whether Iím overqualified. For Kalitta, or a major airline, Iím certainly not overqualified.

Oh, and Ned Wallace certainly isnít a celebrity. Hardly...

Iím terribly sorry if I come across as thinking that overqualified. Iím most certainly not, and Iím very aware of that. Iím humbly wondering if I even have the qualifications to get a call from any of these outfits.

Lugar
02-07-2018, 03:42 PM
Ah that explains why youíre looking at Kalitta... maybe itíll be the easy ďinĒ youíre hoping for, maybe not the way the industry changes. Put your app in and see how it goes... Iíve seen several ďgauranteed inísĒ including one of my own end up with TBNT because things and people change within an organization between the ďinĒ was offered and the time of execution.

Moral of the story: donít believe youíve got an ďinĒ until youíve got a CJO in writing. You can start more seriously debating about leaving your current job after youíve got options.

Agree on all the above.

Iím looking at Kalitta, not because I have a recommendation, but because it really suits me well. My reasoning, in part for eyeing Kalitta:

* I am the full time caretaker to a disabled individual. The extended time off all at once is very attractive for that situation

* I love long distance, international flying. Much prefer a ten hour leg over a two hour leg.

* Asia and the Middle East are two places which I really enjoy.

* I am willing to sacrifice some things to be flying long haul, international today rather than having to wait 10-20 years.

To me, all the items above point towards seriously looking towards Kalitta. Agree? Disagree?

As mentioned, Iím new to exploring 121. I appreciate and need all the guidance offered.

No Land 3
02-07-2018, 05:17 PM
Hmm, doesnít matter who recommended you, if youíre not a good fit, itís a TBNT

Otterbox
02-08-2018, 04:18 PM
Agree on all the above.

Iím looking at Kalitta, not because I have a recommendation, but because it really suits me well. My reasoning, in part for eyeing Kalitta:

* I am the full time caretaker to a disabled individual. The extended time off all at once is very attractive for that situation

* I love long distance, international flying. Much prefer a ten hour leg over a two hour leg.

* Asia and the Middle East are two places which I really enjoy.

* I am willing to sacrifice some things to be flying long haul, international today rather than having to wait 10-20 years.

To me, all the items above point towards seriously looking towards Kalitta. Agree? Disagree?

As mentioned, Iím new to exploring 121. I appreciate and need all the guidance offered.

Extended time off is countered by more extended time gone...as long as your situation can handle that..

I too enjoy Asia, and select ME destinations. I donít think either are worth being a discount pilot. Youíll make more as a narrowbody FO at a tier one major than you will as an ACMI Captain.

Pay and retirement at the ACMIs severely lag the majors and cargo outfits so Iíd probably use Kalitta as a stepping stone to get to one of those gigs where Iím better compensated for my time.

Iíd certainly look at Kalitta (now that they have a better pay rate) over a regional or Emirates et al., but keep my updated at FedEx/UPS and the big 3 legacies.

Lugar
02-08-2018, 05:33 PM
Thank you for the feedback. For now Iíll focus on getting on Kalitta. My apps will stay updated with Frontier, Spirit, Allegiant, American, and United. Iíll await an application window for Southwest.

I have also signed up to resume classes towards my Bachelors.

Who knows, if Iím lucky, maybe Iíll be an airline pilot by the end of 2018!

filejw
02-08-2018, 06:29 PM
Thank you for the feedback. For now Iíll focus on getting on Kalitta. My apps will stay updated with Frontier, Spirit, Allegiant, American, and United. Iíll await an application window for Southwest.

I have also signed up to resume classes towards my Bachelors.

Who knows, if Iím lucky, maybe Iíll be an airline pilot by the end of 2018!

When you resume your studies for a bachelors degree see if you can find a class on writing etiquette . Your title really uses a poor choice of words , maybe something that suggest successorship would be less harsh. Your lucky Kalitta is small enough that they most likely don't have somebody searching social media for posts like yours.

Lugar
02-08-2018, 06:36 PM
When you resume your studies for a bachelors degree see if you can find a class on writing etiquette .

Your lucky Kalitta is small enough that they most likely don't have somebody searching social media for posts like yours.

Always ironic when someone critiques grammar in writing, and then has a grammar error of their own in their critique.

CallmeJB
02-08-2018, 06:56 PM
Always ironic when someone critiques grammar in writing, and then has a grammar error of their own in their critique.

I don't think he had any problems with your grammar.

Lugar
02-08-2018, 07:00 PM
I will be the first to say it can be difficult to get to know someone online. Therefore, I would invite anybody who flies in to the Chicago area to drop me a message, and I would be happy to grab a beer or a meal together so we can better get to know each other.

No Land 3
02-08-2018, 11:05 PM
Make more at mainline or Fed Ex/UPS?
Youíll certainly have a nicer retirement, but a rumor floating around that the top earning pilot last year cleared 600k. You may find that you like it so much, youíll not want to go anywhere else, ESPECIALLY if you came from a regional as a commuter. Home basing does that to people.

captjns
02-09-2018, 03:21 AM
I’m considering putting in my app. Once Connie does, is there any reason to believe that the airline wouldn’t continue to run?

Of course it’ll continue to be a viable concern. Don’t you know his dog is next in line to the succession of the throne:D.

iflyme
02-09-2018, 05:27 AM
Your VS you're.

ex402dvr
02-09-2018, 08:41 AM

Iím appalled you felt the need to start this thread, may I suggest you seek employment elsewhere.

Screwed
02-09-2018, 10:00 AM
Of course itíll continue to be a viable concern. Donít you know his dog is next in line to the succession of the throne:D.

Now you are just making up crap!

I have seen Connie's plans for after his death. He has contracted a VooDoo Priestess/Medium to channel his commands from the great beyond.

Why a VooDoo Priestess/Medium? Connie already planned for the possibility that where he is going may or may not be warm. He wanted to have unrestricted communications from either ultimate destination.

CaptJNS, please stop making things up and just stick to the facts!

Screwed
02-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Your VS you're.

Not another "Looser" grammar nazi!

BlueMoon
02-09-2018, 10:03 AM
Make more at mainline or Fed Ex/UPS?
Youíll certainly have a nicer retirement, but a rumor floating around that the top earning pilot last year cleared 600k. You may find that you like it so much, youíll not want to go anywhere else, ESPECIALLY if you came from a regional as a commuter. Home basing does that to people.

You donít think there are pilots at the big cargo outfits that made that much or more last year?

The top earners are always outliers.

captjns
02-09-2018, 12:08 PM
Now you are just making up crap!

I have seen Connie's plans for after his death. He has contracted a VooDoo Priestess/Medium to channel his commands from the great beyond.

Why a VooDoo Priestess/Medium? Connie already planned for the possibility that where he is going may or may not be warm. He wanted to have unrestricted communications from either ultimate destination.

CaptJNS, please stop making things up and just stick to the facts!

My penance for such and ill deed is no breadstick nor cognac for the next 10 minutes.:(

Almost There
02-09-2018, 02:49 PM
My My Hey Hey K4 is here to stay.

Hey Hey My My Connie K can never die. :D

Lugar
02-09-2018, 03:06 PM
Iím appalled you felt the need to start this thread, may I suggest you seek employment elsewhere.

Thank you for your opinion. I am originally from the East Coast, and now live in the Midwest. We are straight shooters, take it or leave it.

Screwed
02-09-2018, 03:19 PM
Thank you for your opinion. I am originally from the East Coast, and now live in the Midwest. We are straight shooters, take it or leave it.

I think he already chose.....Leave It.

ocskyguy
02-09-2018, 07:49 PM
I have been sitting on the sidelines lately. Just too much other crap to deal with. But, this discussion is intriguing...

Look, any decision you make in aviation is a crapshoot. Sometimes you win, sometimes not so much. But, Connie is at his core an ego driven individual. He does, in fact, have a successor plan. I am inside enough to know that it exist and some basic details. However, it would not be prudent to lay it all out online.

At the core, there is language to ensure that we all keep jobs. And, if there were to be a total sale of the airline at some point in the future, we have pretty good scope language to ensure that we will get a fair shake at the merger table.

Bottom line is that you either are good with the lifestyle that is offered here. Or, you are not. That should be the basis for a career decision, not what happens when Connie is not sitting in the corner office.

Just sayin'

CA Deplorable
02-11-2018, 07:20 AM
Connie will be celebrating his 80th birthday next week and if you knew any ole Connie guys or did your home work you would know Doug is the heir apparent! The reason why Doug has not taken over day to day ops is mainly because Connie is a fiesty ole bastard with all his faculties and Doug would probably have to give up racing. It will never be sold to Atlas as Connie takes pleasure in sticking it in corporate suits a$$. Its a billion dollar privately held company with a sold profitable infrastructure. We have watched many come and go: Dell Smith, Frank Fine, Zantops, Rosenbaulms, Jenny Rich, George Batchelor, Dave Clark and many others but Connie has displayed something the others never did... a ďI dont give a damn no surrender attitudeĒ Its what has made him a winner, a blue collar man surrounded by corporate suits! What happened when Choudry died at Atlas( remember Rick and Cato) it lost its humanity and became a company that focused soley on profit. To be honest, I dont think you would fit in, just my opinion.

Riverside
02-11-2018, 09:45 AM
However, it would not be prudent to lay it all out online.

Let's hear it oh wise one.

02-11-2018, 10:39 AM

I'm just an outside looking in, but you really do seem like a very strange person. Starting this thread, your responses, it all just rubs me the wrong way.

Boris Badenov
02-11-2018, 11:22 AM
Certainly, the notion that people from the East Coast are stereotypically "straight-shooters" seems, uhm, odd.

No Land 3
02-11-2018, 01:53 PM
Certainly, the notion that people from the East Coast are stereotypically "straight-shooters" seems, uhm, odd.

Nah, we are just ass holes

Guinnesslovr
02-11-2018, 02:58 PM

Seems about right!!

Lugar
02-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Thanks. Connie is a stand up man, no doubt about it.

Iím hoping to get the call because I think I have what it takes to proposer and succeed, and I think Connie will see that during the interview right away. I flew DC-3ís and DC-6ís in Alaska delivering cargo. Everyone said we are were underpaid and overworked. Not me. I flew those girls as often as possible. Didnít matter I was on salary. I came there to fly, not sit on my ass. Fly I did. Before flying the G4 I delivered cargo in an MU-2, nights in crummy weather. Loved it. Itís only natural that I move on to the 747 flying cargo.

For those there now, how would Connie take it if I just gave him a quick call and introduced myself? I think 5 mins with me he would stamp my resume HIRED, but I know this industry and I know I just need to get the chance to sell myself.

02-11-2018, 03:28 PM

Iím hoping to get the call because I think I have what it takes to proposer and succeed, and I think Connie will see that during the interview right away. I flew DC-3ís and DC-6ís in Alaska delivering cargo. Everyone said we are were underpaid and overworked. Not me. I flew those girls as often as possible. Didnít matter I was on salary. I came there to fly, not sit on my ass. Fly I did. Before flying the G4 I delivered cargo in an MU-2, nights in crummy weather. Loved it. Itís only natural that I move on to the 747 flying cargo.

For those there now, how would Connie take it if I just gave him a quick call and introduced myself? I think 5 mins with me he would stamp my resume HIRED, but I know this industry and I know I just need to get the chance to sell myself.

Okay I think you're just trolling at this point. You really think Connie will present in your interview? Pretty sure the man has people responsible for hiring who you will be talking to. And how would you call Connie? You going to call HQ and just ask them to transfer your call? You think that Connie, as busy as he is, will take the time to talk to you? Not trying to be mean here, but you'r either very delusional or just a bad troll.

Lugar
02-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Okay I think you're just trolling at this point. You really think Connie will present in your interview? Pretty sure the man has people responsible for hiring who you will be talking to. And how would you call Connie? You going to call HQ and just ask them to transfer your call? You think that Connie, as busy as he is, will take the time to talk to you? Not trying to be mean here, but you'r either very delusional or just a bad troll.

I have been told by Ned Wallace that Connie participates in all interviews, either in person or by sitting down with the interview committee afterwards and getting to know each candidate. I have no reason to believe that he wouldnít be there in person when a candidate was referred by a good friend of his.

I have no idea if Connie would take my call, but it doesnít hurt to try. And again, using Ned Wallace as my referrer, I do believe that I stand a good chance of reaching him.

Locke
02-11-2018, 03:38 PM
Iím going with troll. I donít think anyone is this dense.

Av8Nw8T
02-11-2018, 03:44 PM
There's a reason (perhaps we pilots don't all understand it) that HR has become a big part of the hiring process.

Lugar
02-11-2018, 03:45 PM
Iím going with troll. I donít think anyone is this dense.

Ha. Troll? No. Dense? No. I know that this business, and all businesses to some extent, is about being recognized. You canít be a pest about it, but itís good to be known. I think itís thinking outside the box to call Connie, and like I said Iím confident that after a five minute conversation with me, heíd want me on his team. So itís not dense, itís creative.

I put my resume in over two weeks ago. Not a call yet. I wonít let the grass grow between my toes.

Screwed
02-11-2018, 04:53 PM

Itís only natural that I move on to the 747 flying cargo.

This is the best idea posted on here in a long, long time.

The other pilots posting on this thread just don't understand that you are a Type A Go Getter! They are jealous of what you have accomplished and don't have the courage to do what you do!

PLEASE, PLEASE DON"T LISTEN TO THE NAYSAYERS AND DEFINITELY CALL CONNIE ASAP! Just to show all the naysayers how a motivated skilled pilot gets the better job......please tape the call and post it here!

You can school the naysayers and make them eat a little crow.

Lugar
02-11-2018, 04:59 PM
The other pilots posting on this thread just don't understand that you are a Type A Go Getter! They are jealous of what you have accomplished and don't have the courage to do what you do!

Iím not here to make anyone eat crow. Iím here to get a job done. My sights are on Kalitta. Iím absolutely a type a go getter. Not sure that folks are jealous over what Iíve accomplished, but Iím certain that it takes smarts to figure out a non-traditional way to get your resume to the top of the pile.

CA Deplorable
02-11-2018, 05:40 PM
two phone calls and a cut and paste

jhugz
02-11-2018, 07:11 PM

Thatís why Boris would fit in so well. Hopefully that will happen. :)

CargoPirate
02-11-2018, 11:55 PM
Ha. Troll? No. Dense? No. I know that this business, and all businesses to some extent, is about being recognized. You canít be a pest about it, but itís good to be known. I think itís thinking outside the box to call Connie, and like I said Iím confident that after a five minute conversation with me, heíd want me on his team. So itís not dense, itís creative.

I put my resume in over two weeks ago. Not a call yet. I wonít let the grass grow between my toes.

If you put your resume in two weeks ago and you have not been called then you should definitely jump seat up to Ypsilanti and go see the man himself. They get resumes 7 days a week and I am sure yours is just in the pile at this point

You have admitted to being Type A and of knowing Ned Wallace so you should just take the final step and see Connie in person. He will personally put you in the next class.

Connie is old school. The old school way of doing things was personal contact. No way in Hell does Connie sit around and read emailed resumes.

Definitely go old school. Showing up in person, being confident and not taking no for an answer and getting past his assistants will impress the hell out of the old man. Do you think Connie has ever accepted it when somebody has told him no?

No Land 3
02-12-2018, 01:13 AM
If you put your resume in two weeks ago and you have not been called then you should definitely jump seat up to Ypsilanti and go see the man himself. They get resumes 7 days a week and I am sure yours is just in the pile at this point

You have admitted to being Type A and of knowing Ned Wallace so you should just take the final step and see Connie in person. He will personally put you in the next class.

Connie is old school. The old school way of doing things was personal contact. No way in Hell does Connie sit around and read emailed resumes.

Definitely go old school. Showing up in person, being confident and not taking no for an answer and getting past his assistants will impress the hell out of the old man. Do you think Connie has ever accepted it when somebody has told him no?
Driving up in a classic car might help as well

Screwed
02-12-2018, 03:39 AM
Driving up in a classic car might help as well

If you pull up in a dragster Connie will make you Chief Pilot

myoface
02-12-2018, 07:20 AM
If you pull up in a dragster Connie will make you Chief Pilot

Only if you have a mustache and wear cowboy boots as well.

No Land 3
02-12-2018, 07:36 AM
I was being serious about the classic car. Both Pete and Connie are obviously classic car guys.

WhaleWrangler
02-12-2018, 01:39 PM
I have been told by Ned Wallace that Connie participates in all interviews, either in person or by sitting down with the interview committee afterwards and getting to know each candidate. I have no reason to believe that he wouldnít be there in person when a candidate was referred by a good friend of his.

I have no idea if Connie would take my call, but it doesnít hurt to try. And again, using Ned Wallace as my referrer, I do believe that I stand a good chance of reaching him.

This post alone goes to show that your full of bovine fecal matter!!

Rama
02-12-2018, 01:41 PM
Tell Connie your a friend of the jackhammer guy.

02-12-2018, 09:19 PM
Is Kalitta that small of a company where you can just drive up and stop in HQ and introduce yourself? Iíve seen this with smaller 135s, but not a major operation like Kalitta. I donít even have my app in. Iím not sure if I would like the kind of flying you guys do over there, but this whole thread, whether sheís trolling or not, is interesting.

No Land 3
02-13-2018, 12:46 AM
Is Kalitta that small of a company where you can just drive up and stop in HQ and introduce yourself? Iíve seen this with smaller 135s, but not a major operation like Kalitta. I donít even have my app in. Iím not sure if I would like the kind of flying you guys do over there, but this whole thread, whether sheís trolling or not, is interesting.
Itís a huge operation with a small business feel to it in Yip. One needs to drive up to Oscoda to get an idea of the size of operation. Pilots are just a small portion of the total work force. The man IS the economy in Oscoda.
If K4 went away, it would be devastating to many.

EMBskillz
02-13-2018, 02:09 PM
i dont know how massive the Kalitta op is but I doubt its that big. Not too big for a person to go on property and talk to THE man, OG. I see a few ex-regional folks on here who are doing it the way it’s always been done and getting what they've always gotten. I say if you want the job, FLY TO YIP and ask for the job. Worst that can happen is they say no thanks.

Reserve
02-14-2018, 07:33 PM
Tell Connie your a friend of the jackhammer guy.

Thatís funny. Probably work better than the Ned Referral!

HercDriver130
02-15-2018, 01:15 PM
i dont know how massive the Kalitta op is but I doubt its that big. Not too big for a person to go on property and talk to THE man, OG. I see a few ex-regional folks on here who are doing it the way itís always been done and getting what they've always gotten. I say if you want the job, FLY TO YIP and ask for the job. Worst that can happen is they say no thanks.

The woman in the room by the front door that buzzes you in will take you resume and send you on your way......

You arent going to walkin off the street and talk to .. "the man".... good god.

CallmeJB
02-15-2018, 01:51 PM
The woman in the room by the front door that buzzes you in will take you resume and send you on your way......

You arent going to walkin off the street and talk to .. "the man".... good god.

You really gotta work on your counter-trolling strategies; that's what you were replying to.

Lugar
02-19-2018, 08:27 PM
FYI, to the naysayers .. it took a few days, but after leaving a message for Connie, he did call me back. We had a good 10-15 minute conversation. He didnít offer an interview, but said that he looks forward to meeting me when Iím in Ypsilanti. So, hopefully my next contact from Kalitta is offering me an interview.

CallmeJB
02-20-2018, 04:31 AM
FYI, to the naysayers .. it took a few days, but after leaving a message for Connie, he did call me back. We had a good 10-15 minute conversation. He didnít offer an interview, but said that he looks forward to meeting me when Iím in Ypsilanti. So, hopefully my next contact from Kalitta is offering me an interview.

Yawn.

fupm9
02-20-2018, 05:17 AM
Got two calls from East Tawas, MI close to Oscoda, soon after applying. No message. I didn't answer because I thought it was a robo-call. Is Kalitta HR in the habit of not leaving messages? Their HR is in YIP right?

Locke
02-20-2018, 06:24 AM
Got two calls from East Tawas, MI close to Oscoda, soon after applying. No message. I didn't answer because I thought it was a robo-call. Is Kalitta HR in the habit of not leaving messages? Their HR is in YIP right?

I see 13 collections agencies in East Tawas MI. Pay your bills.

HR is in YIP. They know youíre out flying, so theyíll leave a message

fupm9
02-20-2018, 06:58 AM
I see 13 collections agencies in East Tawas MI. Pay your bills.

HR is in YIP. They know youíre out flying, so theyíll leave a message

Uh oh. That's an entirely different problem I might need to investigate. No unpaid bills that I know of.

I figured but got paranoid that I might have missed my big opportunity.

02-20-2018, 09:16 PM

Why are you so eager to leave that sweet pt.91 job you have for Kalitta? Donít think you could find a better corporate gig than the one you supposedly have!

Lugar
02-21-2018, 10:53 AM
Why are you so eager to leave that sweet pt.91 job you have for Kalitta? Donít think you could find a better corporate gig than the one you supposedly have!

Change is good. Thatís all! And I miss doing extensive international flying. Money isnít everything.

maxjet
02-21-2018, 02:59 PM

I have a favor to ask. Please PM me your name. I am going to be at Connieís 80th Birthday party tomorrow. I would love to bring your name up to him. After a 10-15 minute conversation, I am sure he will remember you. I think I can get him to ask HR to select your resume for an interview. I will report back here as to what happened.
Jason

Lugar
02-21-2018, 03:25 PM
I have a favor to ask. Please PM me your name. I am going to be at Connieís 80th Birthday party tomorrow. I would love to bring your name up to him. After a 10-15 minute conversation, I am sure he will remember you. I think I can get him to ask HR to select your resume for an interview. I will report back here as to what happened.
Jason

Sounds good. Sending PM.
Thank you for the help!

goinaround
02-21-2018, 05:35 PM
Sounds good. Sending PM.
Thank you for the help!

Oh wow.......

Boris Badenov
02-21-2018, 05:48 PM
After a 10-15 minute conversation, I am sure he will remember you.

This board is sorely lacking a "like" button. I luled. *thumbs up*

vroll1800
02-21-2018, 07:05 PM
Oh wow.......

Stocking up on popcorn now. :rolleyes:

WhaleWrangler
02-22-2018, 11:05 AM
sounds good. Sending pm.
Thank you for the help!

fish on!! :) :)

maxjet
02-22-2018, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=Lugar;2533956]Sounds good. Sending PM.
Thank you for the help![/QUOTE

So, I am at the luncheon and get a chance to talk to Connie. As the conversation was ending, I asked if he had gotten a phone call from óóóóó(he sent me his name in a pm). Connie asked me again for the name and I mentioned that he was an acquaintance of Me. Wallace. Connie said ďNo, never had a conversation. They screen my calls very well.Ē
Hmmmmmm

Locke
02-22-2018, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=Lugar;2533956]Sounds good. Sending PM.
Thank you for the help![/QUOTE

So, I am at the luncheon and get a chance to talk to Connie. As the conversation was ending, I asked if he had gotten a phone call from óóóóó(he sent me his name in a pm). Connie asked me again for the name and I mentioned that he was an acquaintance of Me. Wallace. Connie said ďNo, never had a conversation. They screen my calls very well.Ē
Hmmmmmm
*gasp* So youíre saying he isnít 100% truthful? Say it isnít so.

CallmeJB
02-22-2018, 01:52 PM
It's rare that an internet troll can actually drive real-life events, such as a conversation with Connie.

Good trolling, troll (Lugar).

maxjet
02-22-2018, 02:59 PM
It's rare that an internet troll can actually drive real-life events, such as a conversation with Connie.

Good trolling, troll (Lugar).

Good point. In a way he wins 🎉

Lugar
02-23-2018, 05:53 AM
Sounds good. Sending PM.
Thank you for the help!

Hmmmmmm

Fake news. Possible troll.

Lockheed
02-23-2018, 06:07 AM
Jason

"Jason"
Is that your porn name?

maxjet
02-23-2018, 08:01 AM
Fake news. Possible troll.

Thank you for offering to bring me up to Connie, and putting in a good word! He seems like a really nice guy, and pretty hard headed. Lol.

My name is Jeff Rogers. Again, I appreciate your offer!!!

Jeff

So you are writing that you did not send this to me? Perhaps you should put some clothes on, get out of your Moms basement and go get a real job instead of trying to be a wanna be Pilot. 😀

maxjet
02-23-2018, 08:02 AM
"Jason"
Is that your porn name?

Why yes it is. I starred in a movie called ***

Lugar
02-23-2018, 08:39 AM
So you are writing that you did not send this to me? Perhaps you should put some clothes on, get out of your Moms basement and go get a real job instead of trying to be a wanna be Pilot. 😀

Oh no, I absolutely sent it to you. Iím calling BS/troll on you talking to Connie and him saying that we didnít converse, and that people screen his calls really well. This is Connie Kalitta we are talking about, not President Trump. Want to talk? Pick up the phone and ask for him. I have proven that works, even if you do have to leave a message and await a return phone call.

Lockheed
02-23-2018, 10:44 AM
Why yes it is. I starred in a movie called **

Your old!!
But funny

maxjet
02-23-2018, 04:20 PM
Oh no, I absolutely sent it to you. Iím calling BS/troll on you talking to Connie and him saying that we didnít converse, and that people screen his calls really well. This is Connie Kalitta we are talking about, not President Trump. Want to talk? Pick up the phone and ask for him. I have proven that works, even if you do have to leave a message and await a return phone call.

This will be the last sentence I waste on you. Those who know me know I was talking with Connie. I had kind of hoped that you had been truthful and that I could have had your resume pushed. You are a liar and should just go away. I am done with you.

myoface
02-23-2018, 09:14 PM
I am guessing the call went along the lines of this..."hi Connie, this is hungry howies, can you please get your schedulers to stop ordering so many pizzas at lunch time? We can't keep up with the demand. Thank you "

Ghost Pilot
02-24-2018, 05:11 AM
This will be the last sentence I waste on you. Those who know me know I was talking with Connie. I had kind of hoped that you had been truthful and that I could have had your resume pushed. You are a liar and should just go away. I am done with you.

Be nice. Eventually when he becomes your FO, you can use his rapport with Connie to get your crew that UTP overnight...

vroll1800
02-24-2018, 05:19 AM
Be nice. Eventually when he becomes your FO, you can use his rapport with Connie to get your crew that UTP overnight...

That will happen the day that a $3 bill becomes the currency of choice for UTP. :rolleyes:

maxjet
02-24-2018, 07:38 AM

It would have been great to have been able to write that he had contacted Connie and that he was coming in for an interview. I donít think he has any chance of an interview ever now.

Lugar
02-24-2018, 08:59 PM
It would have been great to have been able to write that he had contacted Connie and that he was coming in for an interview. I donít think he has any chance of an interview ever now.

I think youíre confused. Connie was very clear that he intended to do his part to see to it that I was in the next interview pool. I will follow up with him next week via telephone to clear up any confusion.

maxjet
02-25-2018, 06:45 AM
I think youíre confused. Connie was very clear that he intended to do his part to see to it that I was in the next interview pool. I will follow up with him next week via telephone to clear up any confusion.

Good. While you are at it tell him to fire that little CS Jason

Lugar
02-26-2018, 05:47 AM
Good. While you are at it tell him to fire that little CS Jason

I spoke to Connie this morning to try to get an understanding of what happened.

First, Connie again assured me that I can anticipate a call for an interview.

Second, he says ďTell that CS Toot itís none of his GD business who I talk to on the phone, you hear me?Ē

Connie sure is a tough old guy. Waiting patiently for my call to go to Ypsilanti to interview, and meet him... waiting isnít my strong area. LOL.

woog315
02-26-2018, 06:36 AM
This is the best thread on APC in a while. I genuinely don't know what's real and what is BS and its cracking me up.

Lugar
02-26-2018, 06:48 AM
This is the best thread on APC in a while. I genuinely don't know what's real and what is BS and its cracking me up.

Well it seems legit that maxjet talked to Connie. But sounds like Connie had no interest in engaging with him. WTF ďTootĒ means, I have no idea. But heís apparently a CS. Lol.

maxjet
02-26-2018, 09:03 AM
You guys really got me with this one. This was genius. I even went as far as to write to AM and ask that we not consider this app if we had it. I sure hope that there is not a legit app. From a Jeff Rogers over there.

Too bad Connie wasnít in on it. That would have been even funnier 😀

Lugar
02-26-2018, 09:18 AM
You guys really got me with this one. This was genius. I even went as far as to write to AM and ask that we not consider this app if we had it. I sure hope that there is not a legit app. From a Jeff Rogers over there.

Too bad Connie wasnít in on it. That would have been even funnier 😀

LOL. Sure you did. Iím pretty sure that Connie has a bit more pull than you do, maxjet.

I have an interview scheduled with Emirates, and await hearing from Kalitta. Either way, I have a good shot at flying a heavy or super in the next few months. 😃

csmacread
02-26-2018, 11:28 AM
You're killing me, Jason! Great stuff. Hope you and all my former peeps at K4 are well...

Lugar, this thread title is completely tactless. Good luck at Emirates...

CA Deplorable
02-27-2018, 03:07 PM
That was the ultimate troll thread!!! LOL revealed a few true identities;)

Lugar
02-28-2018, 06:33 AM
I just got the call. Iíve been invited for an interview at Kalitta.

I leave tomorrow for my interview with Emirates. Then Iím home for five days and have an interview with Kalitta. Might have some hard choices to make...

BluePAX
02-28-2018, 07:24 AM
I just got the call. Iíve been invited for an interview at Kalitta.

I leave tomorrow for my interview with Emirates. Then Iím home for five days and have an interview with Kalitta. Might have some hard choices to make...

Congrats. Nice to have choices, no matter what they are. There are quite a few posts on Emirates that may sway you, not what it used to be 10 years ago.

CallmeJB
02-28-2018, 09:27 AM
Don't feed the troll.

Don't.