Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : On Time Performance...

Final Clear
02-09-2018, 09:55 AM
Here are the government's rankings of the leading U.S. airlines and their on-time performance for December. The federal government counts a flight as on time if it arrives no more than 14 minutes behind schedule.

1. United Airlines, 84.6 percent

2. Delta Air Lines 83.5 percent

3. Alaska Airlines, 83.4 percent

4. Virgin America, 82.5 percent

5. American Airlines, 82.0 percent

6. Hawaiian Airlines, 80.8 percent

7. Spirit Airlines, 80.4 percent

8. Southwest Airlines, 79.1 percent

9. SkyWest Airlines, 76.5 percent

10. ExpressJet, 76.4 percent

11. Frontier Airlines, 75.8 percent

12. JetBlue Airways, 74.1 percent

Total for all covered airlines: 80.3 percent

Hey uncle joel, look who's in last place...again! Just another example of a failed labor model.

Hey jetblue...FUPM,

FC

Bluedriver
02-09-2018, 10:15 AM
Yeah, but the majors just cancel the RJ flights to make themselves look better.....

PS, look at the regional airlines on the list, STILL ahead of us.

So embarrassing.

queue
02-09-2018, 11:12 AM
If they hadn't destroyed our pilot culture and goodwill by not respecting us as professionals, maybe things would be better because we might go above and beyond job descriptions and printed responsibilities. Too bad they continue to insult us with substandard contract offers and a contracts that blackmail us into cleaning airplanes.

FUPM.

atrdriver
02-09-2018, 02:07 PM
Yeah, but the majors just cancel the RJ flights to make themselves look better.....

PS, look at the regional airlines on the list, STILL ahead of us.

So embarrassing.

Starting this year the regional flights are required to be included in mainline OTP reporting, so there goes that excuse away from our inept management.

P-3Bubba
02-09-2018, 02:13 PM
I'd say if you're one of the 200 VP's of Flight Ops you should be spending more time with your families soon.

But let's board with no pilots

Have inflight at the jet 5 extra minutes before the pilots.

OTP!

I still hear of Captains clicking off the brake without getting through the proper steps of SOP just to get everyone the "On Time". Seriously? Get with it fellas. Do your job! Nothing more and nothing less.

Guess how Bethume fixed Continentals abysmal baggage system? Compensation incentives.

How did Herb get SWA pilots to take off on time and turn a jet in 35min? Compensation.

How will JB find its OTP success? Maybe the answer is in a potato farm. Or BS's venture project.

-Bubs

pugpilot
02-09-2018, 03:18 PM
I'd say if you're one of the 200 VP's of Flight Ops you should be spending more time with your families soon.

But let's board with no pilots

Have inflight at the jet 5 extra minutes before the pilots.

OTP!

I still hear of Captains clicking off the brake without getting through the proper steps of SOP just to get everyone the "On Time". Seriously? Get with it fellas. Do your job! Nothing more and nothing less.

Guess how Bethume fixed Continentals abysmal baggage system? Compensation incentives.

How did Herb get SWA pilots to take off on time and turn a jet in 35min? Compensation.

How will JB find its OTP success? Maybe the answer is in a potato farm. Or BS's venture project.

-Bubs

Please Lord Baby Jesus let them implement a "Bag of potatoes if you hit XX% On Time" policy.

1 - I don't think many people would hit the "incentive" number
2 - I'd love to see the crew room/seat backs littered with potatoes
3 - FUPM

P-3Bubba
02-09-2018, 03:20 PM
Please Lord Baby Jesus let them implement a "Bag of potatoes if you hit XX% On Time" policy.

1 - I don't think many people would hit the "incentive" number
2 - I'd love to see the crew room/seat backs littered with potatoes
3 - FUPM

You can make

Potato Gumbo
Potato Scampi
Boiled Potato
Potato Au Grautin
French Fried Potato
Mashed Potato
Scalloped potato
Potato soup
Potato hash brown
Skillet potato

Ahhhh thats about it.

-Bubs

Blue Dude
02-09-2018, 03:38 PM
Wow, turns out I have a login here that I haven't used in 11 years. Welcome back, me.

I'd like to know where we're contractually obligated to clean. The worst that can happen is to refuse to clean after non-revving and eventually have your non-rev benefits removed, though I've never heard of that happening. It appears merely the threat is enough to keep people in line.

Bozo the pilot
02-09-2018, 03:42 PM
If they hadn't destroyed our pilot culture and goodwill by not respecting us as professionals, maybe things would be better because we might go above and beyond job descriptions and printed responsibilities. Too bad they continue to insult us with substandard contract offers and a contracts that blackmail us into cleaning airplanes.

FUPM.

Its gonna get worse- SOP only guys.
#FUPM:mad:

pugpilot
02-09-2018, 03:48 PM
You can make

Potato Gumbo
Potato Scampi
Boiled Potato
Potato Au Grautin
French Fried Potato
Mashed Potato
Scalloped potato
Potato soup
Potato hash brown
Skillet potato

Ahhhh thats about it.

-Bubs

Someone make a Potato Clock

queue
02-09-2018, 07:31 PM
Wow, turns out I have a login here that I haven't used in 11 years. Welcome back, me.

I'd like to know where we're contractually obligated to clean. The worst that can happen is to refuse to clean after non-revving and eventually have your non-rev benefits removed, though I've never heard of that happening. It appears merely the threat is enough to keep people in line.

The last page of the online training where you check a box, put your initials (or name), constitutes a legal contract under the laws of the State of NY. I have personally executed the validity of this in a legal setting.

Yes they can take away pass riding but they will also use the Blue Book HR manual and itís legalisms to paint a picture... insubordination, not following SOP, being untruthful... etc. Standard management 101 stuff that destroys employee morale.

PasserOGas
02-10-2018, 07:22 PM
The last page of the online training where you check a box, put your initials (or name), constitutes a legal contract under the laws of the State of NY. I have personally executed the validity of this in a legal setting.

Yes they can take away pass riding but they will also use the Blue Book HR manual and itís legalisms to paint a picture... insubordination, not following SOP, being untruthful... etc. Standard management 101 stuff that destroys employee morale.

I doubt a contract requiring one party to work for another party for free is legally enforcable in any state.

WhistlePig
02-11-2018, 05:41 AM

Where's the consideration? A mere peppercorn of consideration would be sufficient, but this is a tacked on requirement to a much more encompassing document.

pugpilot
02-11-2018, 09:14 AM
Where's the consideration? A mere peppercorn of consideration would be sufficient, but this is a tacked on requirement to a much more encompassing document.

Lawyer in your spare time?

Final Clear
02-12-2018, 02:40 AM
Thread drift...

Hey jetblue...FUPM,

FC

Papa Bear
02-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Asked for paperwork at the gate, (typical itís not ready)...Fuel guy asked what the load was 30 min later, FA didnít get the tail catered and a passenger was missing a mint meal. Zero Fvks Given
After talking about our commutes for an hour and exchanging Toy pictures the gate agent comes down with the numbers. Told him we couldnít go. Donít have any paperwork. Oh and a couple other things we need.
Thereís your on time performance.

hilltopflyer
02-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Asked for paperwork at the gate, (typical itís not ready)...Fuel guy asked what the load was 30 min later, FA didnít get the tail catered and a passenger was missing a mint meal. Zero Fvks Given
After talking about our commutes for an hour and exchanging Toy pictures the gate agent comes down with the numbers. Told him we couldnít go. Donít have any paperwork. Oh and a couple other things we need.
Thereís your on time performance.

I don't even ask for paperwork or remind ops of anything. I work with highly trained professionals. I tell them once and they don't need reminders tech ops or catering still hasn't come out. The agents know I need paperwork before we go so I'm not going to remind them. I have to remind myself I work with highly trained professionals.

Papa Bear
02-12-2018, 11:26 AM
I don't even ask for paperwork or remind ops of anything. I work with highly trained professionals. I tell them once and they don't need reminders tech ops or catering still hasn't come out. The agents know I need paperwork before we go so I'm not going to remind them. I have to remind myself I work with highly trained professionals.
Im still doing to much...urgh I was affraid of that. I will try harder to fly SOP!

pugpilot
02-12-2018, 12:27 PM
I'm 0 for 2018 so far. <shrug> Nothing I can do.

nb - on reserve so I don't fly that much

queue
02-16-2018, 04:59 AM

The encompassing document is smoke and mirrors since it is prefaced with a clause allowing JB to change it at any point. If they deviate, it always ends up in arbitration kangaroo court which is bought and paid for by the company. You have given up your RIGHT to sue. Only a real contract without arbitration provisions is acceptable.

RiddleEagle18
02-16-2018, 05:27 AM
Took 10 mins for them to come out and hook up the tug for a tow in gate last night. Put us a few mins over A14.

Damn it ATC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capt707
02-16-2018, 05:28 AM
Asked for paperwork at the gate, (typical it’s not ready)...Fuel guy asked what the load was 30 min later, FA didn’t get the tail catered and a passenger was missing a mint meal. Zero Fvks Given
After talking about our commutes for an hour and exchanging Toy pictures the gate agent comes down with the numbers. Told him we couldn’t go. Don’t have any paperwork. Oh and a couple other things we need.
There’s your on time performance.

Mint has gone downhill since we started it. The food quality and standard is declining, all part of cost cutting. They won't even cater 16 meals anymore for redeyes flights, depending what time the flight leaves. If someone wants a meal and they are out, they give them a voucher. Who wants grilled cheese and tomato soup anyway when you paid $800 for your seat. :rolleyes:

I've had a couple flights now where meals have been missing or they catered half breakfast and dinner for an evening flight. Damn ATC..... or business partners... or runway construction.....

aldonite7667
02-16-2018, 05:31 AM
Mint has gone downhill since we started it. The food quality and standard is declining, all part of cost cutting. They won't even cater 16 meals anymore for redeyes flights, depending what time the flight leaves. If someone wants a meal and they are out, they give them a voucher. Who wants grilled cheese and tomato soup anyway when you paid $800 for your seat. :rolleyes:

I've had a couple flights now where meals have been missing or they catered half breakfast and dinner for an evening flight. Damn ATC..... or business partners... or runway construction.....

I commute sometimes in Mint. I can confirm this. The food and service has indeed gone down a bit.

DMEarc
02-16-2018, 06:45 AM
óservice has indeed gone down a bit.

That happens when management takes their workers for granted and continues to squeeze pennies from them.

Sadly, it will only get worse.

atrdriver
02-16-2018, 06:51 AM
I commute sometimes in Mint. I can confirm this. The food and service has indeed gone down a bit.

It's been going downhill for a while. A national business newspaper was lamenting how poor the food was in an article published last March. Needless to say that article didn't make it into the JB Pravda Daily. Their cheapness will be their downfall.

queue
02-16-2018, 07:22 AM
It's been going downhill for a while. A national business newspaper was lamenting how poor the food was in an article published last March. Needless to say that article didn't make it into the JB Pravda Daily. Their cheapness will be their downfall.

Pravda... hahahahaa...

And I've been calling it Tokyo Rose for the longest time... Pravda seems more accurate.

I also noticed that Pravda didn't publish their stellar On-Time-Performance for 2017.

https://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Pravda.jpg

http://pdxretro.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tokyo-rose-prison.gif

Xtreme87
02-16-2018, 01:12 PM
Based on what Iíve seen the past few days, if we donít get a contract by summer, this company is going to be in deep $hite. Fly safe all.

Bluedriver
02-16-2018, 02:26 PM
Based on what Iíve seen the past few days, if we donít get a contract by summer, this company is going to be in deep $hite. Fly safe all.

That's THEIR choice isn't it!

hilltopflyer
02-16-2018, 04:42 PM

What's happened last few days. Been off and don't read company emails.

Xtreme87
02-16-2018, 06:09 PM
What's happened last few days. Been off and don't read company emails.

A lot of mx delays.

pugpilot
02-16-2018, 06:57 PM
I've given up trying to commute on our metal.

2nd js in the AA 319 got me home. Thank goodness bc our BOS - DCA tonight is going to be around 3 hours late.

Clownshow.

Final Clear
02-16-2018, 07:00 PM

2nd js in the AA 319 got me home. Thank goodness bc our BOS - DCA tonight is going to be around 3 hours late.

Clownshow.

...itís going to be a VERY tough online commute this summer...

Hey jetblue...FUPM

FC

hilltopflyer
02-16-2018, 07:09 PM

Hey jetblue...FUPM

FC

I'd rather Jumpseat on southwest than our own metal. Fa are a whole lot nicer

pilotpayne
02-16-2018, 07:21 PM

Clownshow.

Another DC commuter:cool:

Air Stang 7
02-16-2018, 08:47 PM
I'm an OAL guy that used to JS/commute on you guys but these days I just can't trust it. Example, last night the flight we were supposed to operate canceled (WX) and I was looking for options to get home (It was around 2000) and the only option was a JetBlue. I decided to have our company buy me an in base hotel room and take another ride home in the morning instead of risk being delayed indefinitely until 0300 as happened before. Good luck to you all.

Xtreme87
02-17-2018, 06:24 AM
6 MX delays already and itís not even noon.

Avoid commuting on JB at all costs. They obviously do not care about on time performance one bit.

Gearswinger
02-17-2018, 06:53 AM
6 MX delays already and itís not even noon.

Avoid commuting on JB at all costs. They obviously do not care about on time performance one bit.

That's a ridiculous statement. The goal is 55%, they care that much.

pilotpayne
02-17-2018, 07:16 AM
I'm an OAL guy that used to JS/commute on you guys but these days I just can't trust it. Example, last night the flight we were supposed to operate canceled (WX) and I was looking for options to get home (It was around 2000) and the only option was a JetBlue. I decided to have our company buy me an in base hotel room and take another ride home in the morning instead of risk being delayed indefinitely until 0300 as happened before. Good luck to you all.

I love a good dose of irony in the morning :D

Final Clear
02-17-2018, 07:51 AM
That's a ridiculous statement. The goal is 55%, they care that much.

55% during the slowest travel period of the year...over/under on 25% for the summer?

On a brighter note for those prospective jetblue flightcrew candidates, you can now look forward to a greatly reduced prescription drug list and pay significantly more for the remaining list items...at least we have that going for us.

Hey jetblue...FUPM,

FC

hyperboy
02-17-2018, 03:21 PM

Hey jetblue...FUPM

FC

Professionalism at it's finest......

Final Clear
02-17-2018, 04:00 PM

...not sure what you're getting at. Please elaborate...

Hey jetblue...FUPM,

FC

N311JB
02-17-2018, 05:33 PM
Took a delay yesterday for a late release. Dispatcher wasnít caught up from earlier flights. ATC again.

Bilbo T Baggins
02-17-2018, 06:10 PM
Hope a real airline calls me soon.

hilltopflyer
02-17-2018, 06:58 PM

Not sure whatcha mean but I see the emails saying get to base early etc etc... sorry I show up for my scheduled commute, if I don't make it I go home. I used to care but not anymore. I doubt if my flight cancels and I get there early they will get me a hotel. Not making a commute makes my life nice since I get to spend more time at home.

Air Stang 7
02-17-2018, 11:10 PM
I love a good dose of irony in the morning :D
LOL I know. Keep in mind our cancellation was preemptive based on impending WX moving towards NYC and the destination station later that night and wasn't affecting mainline but I made it home the next day and that's what counts. Not to pile on, but the JB flight was indeed delayed about 1.5 hours (OAL mainline flights were mostly on time). I have multiple JB guys in my crashpad and I wish you all well. Some of the stuff I hear turns my stomach and reminds me of stuff lower rung regionals do which is absolutely nuts!

pilotpayne
02-18-2018, 05:10 AM
LOL I know. Keep in mind our cancellation was preemptive based on impending WX moving towards NYC and the destination station later that night and wasn't affecting mainline but I made it home the next day and that's what counts. Not to pile on, but the JB flight was indeed delayed about 1.5 hours (OAL mainline flights were mostly on time). I have multiple JB guys in my crashpad and I wish you all well. Some of the stuff I hear turns my stomach and reminds me of stuff lower rung regionals do which is absolutely nuts!

Hey itís all true I just enjoy the, ďnot to pile onĒ but I will type comments or the my flight is cx I would take yours but itís delayed stuff.

You have valid points and a very entertaining way of presenting them.

Air Stang 7
02-18-2018, 05:46 PM
Hey it’s all true I just enjoy the, “not to pile on” but I will type comments or the my flight is cx I would take yours but it’s delayed stuff.

You have valid points and a very entertaining way of presenting them.
You know what they say, the real answer always comes after "but". ;)

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1